Forum » FFXI » General » empyrean weapon synths
empyrean weapon synths
First Page 2
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 17:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i just realised yesterday (didnt pay much attention till i went to put some bukhis wings away) why the *** are stage 1 and 2 synths not stackable yet stage 3 synths are? do you think they will fix it so all of them stack?
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-22 17:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

First question's answer: SE is dumb.

Second question's answer: No

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-22 17:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the broken part is that some ARE stackable. Maybe next maintenance you will come back to find NONE of them stack. Wonder how much whining will go one THEN.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 17:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hai gais

Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 17:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

see my problem is i have been collecting synths for 3 different weapons at the same time as we go, so i got ***for stage1/2/3 armmegedon, twashtar and gandiva eatting up my inventory and it would break my heart to toss them.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 17:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you get to the trial, you can start turning them in, lol. Though, if you're like me, you don't do magian ***till after you have all your upgrade items, lol. Felt good to get my 100 inventory back.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 17:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty much, all though im on vnm's for dagger, it gets worse with the idea that my leader is trying to push me into picking up nin and i'll end up wanting to get kannagi eventually for it as well Dx
[+]
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-01-22 17:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when do Emp weapons have synths? I'm assuming you are referring to the mob trophies, Helm of Bman, 2 leaf Chloris bud ect...

SE is stupid its SE's history they probably read complaints about the items not being stack able so decided since the new phase 3 requires many more item's but the items are just as rare to even extremely rare as their predecessors. It makes more since to make the early ones stack able and less to make the new ones since some mobs you are fighting for a 0-1 chance for your item to drop and thus likely to try and get it all done in one run.

But if your calling them synths,
1) You can't synth these items so right there would tell you NO
2) The drops are not based on triggers, they are only affected by TH, at least for scars and visions area.

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 17:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

oh bro you didn't know you could synth them?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-22 17:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I HQ'd my Empyrean!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 18:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

synthesize: To combine two or more things to produce a new, more complex product; To be combined producing a new, more complex product; To produce a substance by chemical synthesis; To be produced a by chemical synthesis

the moogle is using the drops from the NMs to imbue their power into the weapon.

so yes it's a synth by definition.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 18:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you know? Maybe he's just trading you. You give me 50 Chloris buds, I'll give you Vereth!

Could just be what he's charging ya brah
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 18:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

when you take up a new trial doesnt the moogle tell you he needs such and such items to make this weapon?

and via logic: empyrean armor needs their respective seals to be unlocked.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 18:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to double check it, but looking from the completed weapon, the moogle says "The Magian Moogle recognizes your feats, and proffers you now with a portion of our ancestral powers".

From that, it'd seem more likely that gathering the items was a mere test, to see if you're worthy of wielding the weapon. The powers you receive are from the moogle itself and not from the items you gave to him.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 18:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

but he cant do that to armor? i mean even +2 items have descriptions related to the type of armor/job using it.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 18:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure the items in question and my post in particular are in regards to Emp weapons, as seals and jeweles/coins/stones are able to stack.

I'm only regarding the items and any associated upgrades with the items in which are not able to stack.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 18:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I'm pretty sure the items in question and my post in particular are in regards to Emp weapons, as seals and jeweles/coins/stones are able to stack.

I'm only regarding the items and any associated upgrades with the items in which are not able to stack.
stage 3 weapon stuff is stackable though (precisely why im bothered about why they couldnt do it to stage 1 and 2)
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 18:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not referring to stage 3. I'm referring to stages 1 and 2. Either way, whether I'm right, or whether you're right. We do not know for sure, and therefor cannot call it synthesis by definition, since you can't prove that synthesis actually takes place. While you can come to a logical conclusion. The logical conclusion isn't always right, so it does not = proof.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 18:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I'm not referring to stage 3. I'm referring to stages 1 and 2. Either way, whether I'm right, or whether you're right. We do not know for sure, and therefor cannot call it synthesis by definition, since you can't prove that synthesis actually takes place. While you can come to a logical conclusion. The logical conclusion isn't always right, so it does not = proof.
well i'll stick with logic (which SE sucks at most of the time) but yeah i dont see exactly what is the huge issue about calling them synths since they seem to make more sense to me at least.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 18:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've no problem with anyone calling them anything they want to, it's just that guy had a point and then you want to pull out some technicality ***, knowing what he meant by saying synth, he was referring to player crafting. So I pulled technicality of my own.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 18:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah im just bothered by narrow mindedness, ie: a couple is always 2 and a synth must be done with a crystal.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 18:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

and to go further on my point, lol, the defeat x amount of mobs here trials. You give him nothing, trade the wep, get a enw one better. Also showing all these trials could very well just be tests! And upon showing your worthiness, you re rewarded!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 18:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

isnt that the same as mythic weaponskills though? the more you use a ws with the appropriate weapon, that more "powerful" it becomes.

and idk i might have read that wrong, but you dont exchange weapons, it get's upgraded :x
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 18:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

"There is a sudden flash of light as potent moogle magic surges through the tantra gloves +1"

Obtained: Tantra Gloves +2.

Looks more like magic than synthesis to me.
[+]
By Serj 2011-01-22 18:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
"There is a sudden flash of light as potent moogle magic surges through the tantra gloves +1"

But you don't exchange them! Your argument had a flaw! Everything you say is invalid!

/lurks some more.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 18:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

sounds like a catylist :x

have you unlocked all of the mythic ws? the guy lets you know how much power your weapon has obtained, mutters some mombo jumbo and poof you know have a finished product.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 18:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

But you don't exchange them! Your argument had a flaw! Everything you say is invalid!

/lurks some more.
How do you know? You don't keep them. you physically lose the item, then reobtain/obtain a new one in it's place. That sounds like an exchange to me.

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

sounds like a catylist :x

have you unlocked all of the mythic ws? the guy lets you know how much power your weapon has obtained, mutters some mombo jumbo and poof you know have a finished product.
I don't even have every job unlocked, so no way I can have every mythic, but going through the text here, there's no evidence whatsoever of the moogle doing a synthesis of any sort.
[+]
First Page 2