Winter Is Coming: "A Game Of Thrones" HBO Series

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Winter is coming: "A Game of Thrones" HBO Series
Winter is coming: "A Game of Thrones" HBO Series
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
By Odinz 2016-06-26 22:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"Shame..shame...shame"
I smiled :)
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-06-27 00:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my episode 10 was not expecting that
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-27 01:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-27 01:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say about the first half of that episode went right as people speculated. The second half? Not a bit...
By Odinz 2016-06-27 02:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

Response in spoilers
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-27 02:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »

Response in spoilers
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 05:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »

Response in spoilers
This is a book spoiler so open at your risk
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-28 10:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2016-06-28 11:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Rat cook approves that book.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-28 12:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-28 12:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

DAMN! Cersei is RAW!

That is all.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-28 14:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
"Loaf of Frey"
By brexit 2016-06-28 22:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-29 20:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Euron might seek a marriage alliance with Cersei since he knows Yara and Theon made it to Daenerys before he did. A second Battle of Blackwater Bay on the cards?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-29 20:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The final two episodes this season were too good to even discuss.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-29 22:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoilers, Duh:

I simultaneously hated Cersei's big play for the anti-climax it gave to a lot of characters and loved that she was crazy enough to do it.

The High Sparrow really was, apparently, just an old man trying to bring justice on wicked people (and casual sinners as well).

The thing with Cersei is that she hasn't gone down a path towards this, she's always been here, the fools just finally cornered her.

My only criticism of the episode is why the Holy Feather (His Feathership? Bird Pope? I like Bird Pope) adamantly refused to listen to Margarey and then it dawned on him. She was laying the facts out.

Also: Does anyone know if Arya was the girl serving Jamie and Bronn in the beginning of the episode? I hope it was, and not for any sadistic reason, I just hope she was there the whole time.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-06-29 22:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Euron might seek a marriage alliance with Cersei since he knows Yara and Theon made it to Daenerys before he did. A second Battle of Blackwater Bay on the cards?

I don't think Cersei will be marrying anyone. She's paid her dues in the marriage department already, and a marriage would just relinquish her self-earned power to make another man king.

She'll definitely need to make alliances though. She technically doesn't have any real power besides the Lannister army/bannermen and holding King's Landing. She blew up her alliance with Highgarden, and Arya ended the Lannister alliance with the Freys. Compared to Jon Snow having the entire north, or Dany's alliance with Dorne, Highgarden, and the Greyjoys, Cersei is chump change.

I think it's possible she'll form alliances with Euron and Littlefinger, but not by marriage. Littlefinger has no loyalty to Sansa or Jon, especially after Sansa spurned him, and having the Vale on her side would make Cersei an actual threat. But, as Varys said, "Littlefinger... the gods only know what game Littlefinger is playing." Who knows what game Varys is playing, for that matter.

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Does anyone know if Arya was the girl serving Jamie and Bronn in the beginning of the episode? I hope it was, and not for any sadistic reason, I just hope she was there the whole time.

Good catch. I'd say definitely, yes. Especially the way she was eyeing them.
By BlaTheTaru 2016-06-29 23:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

I don't think Cersei will be marrying anyone. She's paid her dues in the marriage department already, and a marriage would just relinquish her self-earned power to make another man king.

She'll definitely need to make alliances though. She technically doesn't have any real power besides the Lannister army/bannermen and holding King's Landing. She blew up her alliance with Highgarden, and Arya ended the Lannister alliance with the Freys. Compared to Jon Snow having the entire north, or Dany's alliance with Dorne, Highgarden, and the Greyjoys, Cersei is chump change.

I think it's possible she'll form alliances with Euron and Littlefinger, but not by marriage. Littlefinger has no loyalty to Sansa or Jon, especially after Sansa spurned him, and having the Vale on her side would make Cersei an actual threat. But, as Varys said, "Littlefinger... the gods only know what game Littlefinger is playing." Who knows what game Varys is playing, for that matter.

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Does anyone know if Arya was the girl serving Jamie and Bronn in the beginning of the episode? I hope it was, and not for any sadistic reason, I just hope she was there the whole time.

Good catch. I'd say definitely, yes. Especially the way she was eyeing them.

Shut up and play more XI!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-29 23:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-06-29 23:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »

Miss you brrraahhh. I deactivated tho.

Tried texting you recently but didn't go through, you get a new cell # since you moved?
I'll shoot ya mine in a PM.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2016-06-30 02:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »

Miss you brrraahhh. I deactivated tho.

Tried texting you recently but didn't go through, you get a new cell # since you moved?
I'll shoot ya mine in a PM.

Not impressed
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 03:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Who knows what game Varys is playing, for that matter.
He wants a "just ruler" in King's Landing. He conspires against anyone who he thinks is not doing the right thing for the people(or rather the children <_<) and he believes Daenerys is the only one worth it in that mess.
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-30 04:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Varys showed his hand to Tyrion last season, he just wants a stable and just ruler. In the books he's a lot more complex but his show version is okay.

Anyone else think the 'Winterfell Crypt' theory is going to come true next season?
By Odinz 2016-06-30 04:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm, GOT yay.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 04:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else think the 'Winterfell Crypt' theory is going to come true next season?

I think there will be hints of it and nothing major will come of it until the final episode or two. Potentially showing a major ice dragon or some such thing as the final shot.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-30 05:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My hope for the book series is that daenaris targarion and Jon snow form a alliance to destroy the Lannistars and Freys. It is kinda significant and seems it would fit the sagas name. A Song of Ice and Fire.

But so far with the book cliff hanger Jon was stabbed to death.

At LEAST HBO gives us hope even though it's not official George Martin work.

With patience like a jedi I am waiting for Winds Of Winter
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
My hope for the book series is that daenaris targarion and Jon snow form a alliance to destroy the Lannistars and Freys. It is kinda significant and seems it would fit the sagas name. A Song of Ice and Fire.

But so far with the book cliff hanger Jon was stabbed to death.

At LEAST HBO gives us hope even though it's not official George Martin work.

With patience like a jedi I am waiting for Winds Of Winter

That would be one hell of a mindfuck if it turns out Jon Snow is truly dead in the book and EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT between show and book after that point in the timeline.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 05:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jon's fate was the least dubious tbh <_<
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-06-30 05:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
He wants a "just ruler" in King's Landing. He conspires against anyone who he thinks is not doing the right thing for the people(or rather the children <_<) and he believes Daenerys is the only one worth it in that mess.

Varys showed his hand to Tyrion last season, he just wants a stable and just ruler. In the books he's a lot more complex but his show version is okay.

Yeah, I know what he says his motives are, but I still think he's a wildcard. Books aside, where he's a much more complex and shady character, the show did two things this season that could be taken as foreshadowing.

1. Kinvara, the High Priestess of the Red Temple of yada yada yada, said to Varys, "We serve the same queen. If you are her true friend, you have nothing to fear from me."

2. Then the final shot this season. It starts with a sweeping view of the ship, showing Tyrion, Varys, Missandei and Dany together at the front. Then it specifically zooms in on just Dany and Varys.
Maybe the shot is meant to be entirely happy and positive. But... maybe it's not.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [110 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Leocon
Server: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2016-10-17 21:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't decide between posting this here or in LOL thread... Think I'll keep things topical.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21