Leaden Salute - Brewable?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Leaden Salute - Brewable?
Leaden Salute - Brewable?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-06 11:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really sure how you are getting such low leaden salutes really. Doing the math you should be able to get a good 40k on shinryu. Even taking into account how much less dmg shinryu seems to take from magic.

Does QD bonus not work for dark shot? Even then should be 32kish

Well ok you could get higher with drinks and mab roll and going on dark day using ws torque/belt etc.

I mean ***even wasting one of my atmas on TH as a rng/thf I still hit 50k wildfires and it's not that much better than leaden salute.

Btw for max dmg it would be double QD (assuming that works) ascetics gambir going /blm or /rdm and blm roll. MAB in every slot you can find it except head neck and waist and main. Head should have +ws dmg neck should be a ws torque and waist should be ws waist or obi if it's dark day/weather and main should be plutos. All other slots are completely unimportant. Atmas should be cosmos griffin claw and either that crappy +dark synthetic one or ultimate/PW one.

Oh I forgot actually +ws dmg or tp bonus gun would be best option in that slot too. Doing all that you should be able to hit 80k on trash mobs 50k on shinryu. Oh zodiac ring would be good too if applicable.

I guess a better example is my blu does 25k on nms without really gearring for it no staff bonus no griffin claw with sanguine blade and it's slightly better with just brew.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-02-06 12:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit confused on what you mean by a QD bonus on dark shot? If you mean does dark shot do damage, it does not. Also what do you mean by double QD? Assuming you were zerging something once only and you got remarkably lucky with random deal and 2 hour you could get 8 qd shots although I think your weapon skills would deal more damage than elemental shots since you have unlimited tp to spam with a brew.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-06 12:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

navarch's bottes +1. Also if the time limit on it wouldn't really allow for all that QDing and still get bonus for your ws
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-02-06 15:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I must have missed something, what about quick draw gives a bonus to your weapon skill?
Oh i see, that enhances quick draw effect isn't just extra dmg to QD... that's nifty. Wiki says 15 sec only though so that's maybe 2 ws per QD.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-02-07 01:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically if you spam Dark Shot twice with those boots, you could end up with -20% Dark Resistance for Leaden Salute? Hmmm...something to think about.
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2011-02-07 02:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

@Quetz

I am perhaps wrong, however I believe it's a strict 10% and does not stack with multiple shots.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-02-07 03:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Popebenedict said:
@Quetz

I am perhaps wrong, however I believe it's a strict 10% and does not stack with multiple shots.
Ah, okay. Well that kinda sucks, heh.
 Cerberus.Eliane
Server: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-02-07 04:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt Shinryu dark based anyway? I heard Cataclysm kinda sucks on it as well and thats dark based.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-07 05:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

@Quetz

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Navarch's_Bottes_%2B2

+2 is 20%, +1 is 10%

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-07 10:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it stacked and was multiplicative hmm whatever.
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2011-02-07 13:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
@Quetz

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Navarch's_Bottes_%2B2

+2 is 20%, +1 is 10%

His link was referencing the +1 though, not the +2; I was strictly speaking about that.

Quote:
I thought it stacked and was multiplicative hmm whatever.

Like I said, perhaps I'm wrong, however I asked that question in an earlier thread about the boots when they first came out and was told it was a static bonus (Since I wanted to get like 6 corsairs and just bounce shots off each other for an incredibly high bonus.) I haven't tested it myself and just assumed what they said to be true.

Question about Navarch's Bottes +1
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-02-10 21:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shinryu is definitely dark resistant. This came up elsewhere in a similar 'wtf why is my Leaden Salute doing crap on him' vein, theirs were only 4k-6k.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-11 03:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seraa said:
So much input when I go afk! :D

In terms of the Caturae, there is the fear of darkness elemental resist which is why I wanted to ask first on Leaden Salute. I have a high MaB on RDM also but Rani resisted my Blizzards IVs bad, doing only about 4k per.

I do have Evisceration and RR but then I'd be needing DD atmas instead of MaB, but I'll keep that in mind.

And thanks Volkom, I didn't know that about the bullets with salute. :)

Just tested COR/RDM brewing Rani, easily 12k~17k Aeolion edge on Rani with atma of gales/Ultimate/beyond and no Ascetics Tonic/gambir. 15~17k came after wind shot(dmg+20%), without wind shot it's about 12k~13k. Still has room for improvement I think. Aeolion edge is certainly one of the top choice of WS for brewing with wind shot if you don't have Wildfire, considering the fact that I've seen way too many failed Rani brew due to WS dmg too low XD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [85 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-07 03:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

just putting in my own experience, i was brewing Dragua (doing a bunch ina single brew) and leaden was hitting 24k+ easily, compared to the 12k my Aelion edge was doing. and im missing some serious gear. so i'm going out on a limb and saying Leaden salute is far better, if the mob isn't dark resistant
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-03 10:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Magic Attack Bonus increases damage dealt and AGI is 30% modifier, Should I try to get Veuglaire or work on Mayhem +2 MaB gun. I am currently working on armageddon, so i just need something to hold me over till then. Has anyone tested either of those guns with leaden salute for damage output? any info would be great. /cheers
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-03 10:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mayhem with mab is an awesome weapon for cor till Armageddon, go with it!
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-03 10:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I see most of the trials can be done in a single zone, so its looks pretty easy to obtain and not that time consuming if I bring out a few of my sam friends. I was thinking of using a wildfire / leaden salute combo on brewing, depending on what the mob is resistent too. Might be a good idea to have both guns/WS at the rdy for what ever situation I find myself in. Armageddon for wildifre / Mayhem+2 for leaden salute. Has anyone tested leaden salute on a lvl 90 armageddon? I dont think the AGI+15 would overcome the MaB+10 you get from mayhem+2. But I really dont know, since I have neither to test.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-03 10:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh...I can't say for sure, but I doubt Leaden can ever beat Wildfire(save for situations like Orthus where the mob just eats the fire element).

Anyway yes, that gun can be done almost entirely in Ule Range.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-03 11:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think your right there, i doubt leaden salute can beat wildfire. Was just wondering if anyone has put out good numbers with leaden salute on a armageddon. For example: Brewing 3 Orthrus in a row. Would LS put out better numbers on armageddon or Mayhem+2? Once I get WF, I would only be using LS against fire resistent mobs.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-03 11:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

At lv 90 Arma should win for Leaden as well, since it's 15 agi vs 10 mab. Then again it's the same old debate of "should I stack more agi or more mab?" Since you can put mab atmas to boost that stat, I'd stay with Armageddon anyway.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-03 11:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Until my armageddon hits 90, ill use mayhem+2 for LS. Im sure the MaB+10 would increase LS damage output, rather then a 85 arm @ 10 AGI. Thanks for the input Sehachan /cheers
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-03 13:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Agentblade said:
Since Magic Attack Bonus increases damage dealt and AGI is 30% modifier, Should I try to get Veuglaire or work on Mayhem +2 MaB gun. I am currently working on armageddon, so i just need something to hold me over till then. Has anyone tested either of those guns with leaden salute for damage output? any info would be great. /cheers

Martial gun!
I'm more interested in dmg output of Martial gun for LS, especially when brewing~~

Maybe I should go test when I log on~~~~~~
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-03 13:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 6 Apademaks with leaden salute. And i forgot to put on a 3rd atma. Was just cosmos and ultimate. they +1 mayhem too as im too lazy to turn in stones to +2 it. No spectacular gear haven't played cor since 80 cap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-03 13:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
At lv 90 Arma should win for Leaden as well, since it's 15 agi vs 10 mab. Then again it's the same old debate of "should I stack more agi or more mab?" Since you can put mab atmas to boost that stat, I'd stay with Armageddon anyway.

15 agi means nothing when you are at 999
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-03 13:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

True. Was thinking brewless.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-04 03:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Agentblade said:

I did a quick test about which gun to use for Leaden Salute. I don't have MAB Mayhem+2, so I only tested Martial gun v.s lv 90 Armageddon v.s Veuglaire

The sample size is not very big, but it was midnight and I want to go to bed XD

Atma I used Cosmos+ultimate+sea daughter, tested on worms in Ule. Didn't use any temp nor wizards roll, and all WS are done on firesday with pluto's staff, so all WS are equally buffed. And all WS are done with 100 TP.

lv 90 Armageddon(AGI+15)

Avg.2643

Veuglaire (Magic attack+5 macc+5)
2684(this one done with dark shot)

Avg.2618

Martial gun (TP Bonus+100)

2744(This one done with dark shot)

Avg.2655

I'd say Martial gun is probably better than Arma and Veuglaire for LS with no brew, but the difference is very small. Veuglaire has lower numbers but the dmg seems more consistent. Not sure about the WS dmg when brewed. If you just want a gun for LS martial a good cheap choice without much effort to obtain IMO.

Quote:

So basically if you spam Dark Shot twice with those boots, you could end up with -20% Dark Resistance for Leaden Salute? Hmmm...something to think about.

Dark shot doesn't seem to have any effect on WS dmg at all.

I also tried a bit of MAB gears(QD mirke+ MAB+4 ASA pants) instead of AGI gears(Loki and AF3+2 pants) for WS.

Arma:

Veu:

Martial:
3349(Out of all the WS, this one is the highest)

Although the sample size is too small to be sure, but I think for LS MAB gear is better than AGI in terms of dmg.....although some AGI gears such as AF3+2 or Loki still has STP which isn't that bad either. But personally I think Arma is not the best for Leaden Salute.
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-04 12:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info Afania, even thou the sample size is small as you stated, still gives me a rough idea on what gun performs best for LS. Im still surprised at the numbers martial gun puts out (with and without MaB gear on), I didnt even consider Martial in my arsenal. Im not ruling out mayhem+2 just yet, but im going to pick myself up a martial gun in the mean time. Thanks again for the testing /cheers
By sefalon 2011-07-24 13:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well I also was wanting to get a decent gun before I finish ARMA..

Mayhem + 2 w/ MAB
Anarchy +2 Tp bonus
or other ???

what is easy to obtain and a good option?

is martial same as anarchy?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-24 14:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said:
well I also was wanting to get a decent gun before I finish ARMA..

Mayhem + 2 w/ MAB
Anarchy +2 Tp bonus
or other ???

what is easy to obtain and a good option?

is martial same as anarchy?

I did all my mayhem+2 solo in a day cor/dnc when it was 80 cap. Of course I didn't leave castle Z/Ule range but it's not that hard. Those areas had constant weather unlike things like fire trials
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-09-03 10:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Dark shot doesn't seem to have any effect on WS dmg at all.

To avoid confusion, should clear this up for a bit. I think for dark/light shot, if it didn't "land"(if the chat log displays "no effect"), then it won't boost elemental damage it seems. I tried with light shot, it does increase holy dmg. But if I got "no effect" msg by using it while the mob already slept, then it won't boost dmg. So in order to boost LS dmg with dark shot, your target probably need to have a dispel-able effect on first.

Therefore it's generally harder to boost LS dmg with QD IMO.
[+]