Leaden Salute - Brewable?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Leaden Salute - Brewable?
Leaden Salute - Brewable?
First Page 2
 Valefor.Seraa
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-01-19 12:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

First time poster so please don't be too harsh. I'm currently working on an Armageddon but it's still in the midst of mid-completion at the moment. I've seen the amount of damage that Wildfire can put out, but I'm wondering if Leaden Salute can put out high damage as well with MaB Atmas. This would be my gear at the moment. (Denali pants won't drop for me ;-; )

Mirke is QD- and MaB+4
Demon's ring is MaB+2
Huracan is dmg+12 Delay-18 int+4 MaB+4

The atmas I'd be choosing are Beyond/Baying Moon/Ultimate. Would this set up be feasible for caturae brewing?
 Sylph.Zefyr
Server: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-01-19 12:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to find some numbers on brewed LS awhile back, and didn't find any, but I think it should work well. How much do your LSs do with those atmas w/o brew? You're probably in the 2k-2.5k range, right? My understanding is that elemental WSs with MAB atmas and brew on tend to do pretty damn well.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
Server: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-01-19 12:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well tbh. My thf with ultimate baying moon can hit like 13k aoelion edge so... I'm positive you'd at least hit that number.
Edit* 13k with a brew.
Edit again* yep my thf is horribly geared so your gear won't matter much when you have 999 everything
Idk much about cor but any job can brew anything to death. Brd with earth crusher can take crap down lol
 Valefor.Seraa
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-01-19 12:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

;-; I normally don't get to come Corsair to events actually which is why I'm asking. I'm normally on WHM or RDM. Those numbers sound right compared to normal mobs but Rani and Raja have a lot of hp so I'd just hate to waste a brew.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-01-19 12:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You have 3 mins of brew. You get 10 tick regain per 3 seconds... so doing the math you get a lot of free ws. Not to mention cor has quick draw. Not to mention the atma you have on greatly assist like sea daughter another 5 per tick regain.

I promise you a cor that brews will take down a rani or raja. You don't even need to brew a raja lol.

Quetzalcoatl.Ody
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Odysseus
By Quetzalcoatl.Ody 2011-01-19 12:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Have yet to brew anything with Leaden Salute, but with the proper atmas inside abyssea i'm hitting around the 3k range, so I'd imagine brew'd you'd notice a significant difference. Definitely worth the risk if you at least have dagger high enough to use Aoelion Edge as a solid back up plan, those will give you no less then 11-12k brewed with MAB atmas alone.
 Valefor.Seraa
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-01-19 12:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have a Twilight Dagger but my skill is only at 278 at the moment :/
 Valefor.Seraa
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-01-19 12:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Raja can be done without brew, yea. I'd be bringing the brew just in case something bad happens. I've had a lot of bad luck with Rani though. Theoretically it works well on paper so I think it's worth a try.

**Edit: And I'm not sure how much Sea Daughter would weaken a ws in exchange for the tp gain.
 Asura.Nalien
Server: Asura
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2011-01-19 12:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
You have 3 mins of brew. You get 10 tick regain per 3 seconds... so doing the math you get a lot of free ws. Not to mention cor has quick draw. Not to mention the atma you have on greatly assist like sea daughter another 5 per tick regain.

I promise you a cor that brews will take down a rani or raja. You don't even need to brew a raja lol.

2minutes
50tp/tic
don't need to brew anything
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-19 12:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalien said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
H

2minutes
50tp/tic

Unless your name is malekith and then you need 2.

I never got leaden for my cor :( just made the woe gun but I'd assume leaden rapes as much as any other magicws with a brew
[+]
 Valefor.Seraa
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-01-19 13:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Asura.Nalien said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
H

2minutes
50tp/tic

Unless your name is malekith and then you need 2.

I never got leaden for my cor :( just made the woe gun but I'd assume leaden rapes as much as any other magicws with a brew
Hello, Mat! Pleasure to see you stumbling into my forum!

And thanks to everyone for the input. :D
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-01-19 13:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't tried Rani but I did brew Smok on COR since the drop I wanted was 100%. Killed it in 4 wses, leaden salute did between 15k and 16k each hit. I used cosmos, baying moon, and ultimate. My build for COR isn't much better than yours: . As long as you time your wses properly I'd imagine Rani is quite brewable on COR.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-19 13:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seraa said:
First time poster so please don't be too harsh. I'm currently working on an Armageddon but it's still in the midst of mid-completion at the moment. I've seen the amount of damage that Wildfire can put out, but I'm wondering if Leaden Salute can put out high damage as well with MaB Atmas. This would be my gear at the moment. (Denali pants won't drop for me ;-; ) Mirke is QD- and MaB+4 Demon's ring is MaB+2 Huracan is dmg+12 Delay-18 int+4 MaB+4 The atmas I'd be choosing are Beyond/Baying Moon/Ultimate. Would this set up be feasible for caturae brewing?
If you're just going to brew against what ever down, u can save some money by using low level bullets since leaden salute's ws doesn't depend on bullet damage. also~ if you want, you can increase ur damage further by getting uggy pendant or cor AF3 neck accessory. just hope you don't accidentally heal it :P but iono Against rani ice based dmg ws didn't do as much as I hoped. Not sure about the darkness damage that leaden salute does...so you may have to swap to a slugshot/detonator build if your damage isn't great
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-01-19 13:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that Rani seems to resist dark elemental WS dmg(I think, not 100% sure), and Leaden Salute may get resist a lot. I've seen BLU brewing Rani with Sanguine blade, and the dmg isn't that good. Leaden Salute can only be worse.

A few weeks ago I brewed Shinryu,which also seems to resist dark dmg. With Leaden Salute and /RDM, and dmg was only 6k~10k with lucky wizard's roll, but whenever I WS on wrong time it always healed 20k HP(which is probably the full dmg?). The atma I used was Ultimate(forgot to put on Cosmos), and gear set:

P.S Legs has MAB+4 augment. And AGI gears can be ignored because AGI is capped at 999 with brew anyways.

So I believe Leaden salute is probably not good on certain dark resist mobs. If you want to brew on COR for Rani and have no Wildfire I suggest you use aoelion edge with a dagger, you also have access to Evisceration for physical WS when she is casting magic. I also strongly suggest you get dagger skill up, because Evi is a very powerful and cheap WS with RR atma in abyssea. A pretty good WS to use as main WS in abyssea.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2011-01-19 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalien said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

3minutes
50tp/tic
[+]
 Valefor.Seraa
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-01-19 14:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So much input when I go afk! :D

In terms of the Caturae, there is the fear of darkness elemental resist which is why I wanted to ask first on Leaden Salute. I have a high MaB on RDM also but Rani resisted my Blizzards IVs bad, doing only about 4k per.

I do have Evisceration and RR but then I'd be needing DD atmas instead of MaB, but I'll keep that in mind.

And thanks Volkom, I didn't know that about the bullets with salute. :)
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
Server: Leviathan
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2011-01-19 14:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just level your dagger skill a little and Aoelion edge. As cor/rdm with atma of the gales and baying moon (3rd was ebon hoof for pre brew staying alive) I was putting out 32k per hit unresisted (which I didn't get resisted often).

Rani is VERY dark resistent, so even with brew up I fear many of your WS will not be effective at all. Although you have 3 minutes to bring him down, I have found if you do not get him in the first 2-3 WS then he'll end up amnesiaing you, which really slows things down since there is really no easy way of getting rid of it (other then Ecphoria Ring but that's only good for 1 use really).

As an added bonus, Aoelion Edge is a fantastic WS to farm gold chests/cruor/exp with. With full MAB atma + cor/rdm and all the great MAB gear we get now I can put out 1500+ dmg AOE, throw in Ascetics tonic/gambir and easily pushing 2k+ per weapon skill. I generally use my mkris to build TP for it since the dmg is not effected by dagger base damage, put up MAB roll and Tacticians. While it's not as good as say a war/sam fell cleave burn, it defiantly is a lot of fun and still gets the job done (plus gets those easy amber lights :D)
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-19 14:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll do total crap damage to Rani using Leaden. Don't use anything dark based whatsoever. I also noticed that shinryu does seem to have light/dark resist possibly. Seraph blade, trueflight, leaden, etc all seem to do about 1/2 damage. Also as someone pointed out, it's 3 minutes of brew, not 2, and it's 50 tp/tic, not 10. Level your dagger I'd say. Unlock evis for blue if you don't have it too.
 Sylph.Zefyr
Server: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-01-19 14:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Popebenedict said:
he'll end up amnesiaing you, which really slows things down since there is really no easy way of getting rid of it

Amensia Screen says hi2u. It only lasts for 2 minutes so it's shorter duration than the brew, but still incredibly useful. I'm not actually sure if it will clear amnesia off you if you put it on after it lands (I think it probably does), but it should 100% prevent amnesia from landing on you if you have it on beforehand.
 Valefor.Seraa
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-01-19 14:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just level your dagger skill a little and Aoelion edge. As cor/rdm with atma of the gales and baying moon (3rd was ebon hoof for pre brew staying alive) I was putting out 32k per hit unresisted (which I didn't get resisted often).

Rani is VERY dark resistent, so even with brew up I fear many of your WS will not be effective at all. Although you have 3 minutes to bring him down, I have found if you do not get him in the first 2-3 WS then he'll end up amnesiaing you, which really slows things down since there is really no easy way of getting rid of it (other then Ecphoria Ring but that's only good for 1 use really).

As an added bonus, Aoelion Edge is a fantastic WS to farm gold chests/cruor/exp with. With full MAB atma + cor/rdm and all the great MAB gear we get now I can put out 1500+ dmg AOE, throw in Ascetics tonic/gambir and easily pushing 2k+ per weapon skill. I generally use my mkris to build TP for it since the dmg is not effected by dagger base damage, put up MAB roll and Tacticians. While it's not as good as say a war/sam fell cleave burn, it defiantly is a lot of fun and still gets the job done (plus gets those easy amber lights :D)

Yea, I think that's gonna be my best bet until I can finish Armageddon. :) Thanks for the advice!
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-01-19 15:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zefyr said:
he'll end up amnesiaing you, which really slows things down since there is really no easy way of getting rid of it

Amensia Screen says hi2u. It only lasts for 2 minutes so it's shorter duration than the brew, but still incredibly useful. I'm not actually sure if it will clear amnesia off you if you put it on after it lands (I think it probably does), but it should 100% prevent amnesia from landing on you if you have it on beforehand.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/15817/ecphoria-ring.png
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2011-01-19 15:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I guess that works too. Either way Edge > Salute for brewing :P
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-19 16:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

when did you level cor ser? D: I played it a bunch for a while while i was working on the woe coins and then after i got wildfire but it just made me depressed half the nms take crap dmg from wildfire :( so now i leveled war lol
 Valefor.Seraa
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-01-19 16:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I leveled it when I came back from my break. I'm a quick draw fiend.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-02-03 15:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said:
Haven't tried Rani but I did brew Smok on COR since the drop I wanted was 100%. Killed it in 4 wses, leaden salute did between 15k and 16k each hit. I used cosmos, baying moon, and ultimate. My build for COR isn't much better than yours: . As long as you time your wses properly I'd imagine Rani is quite brewable on COR.
Quick question, how does Auster's fare for Leaden Salute in comparison to Pluto's? I use the latter for enhanced damage, but if the AGI bumps it more I might switch to that. Not ragging on your gear (hell I would kill to get some of that stuff), just curious.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-02-04 10:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So I double checked and it looks like I actually wore aquillo's... i guess for ice shot x.x (thank goodness i took a screenshot of my gear >.>;). I guess the question is how much any of your gear matters with brew on. But yeah I think pluto's is the better choice assuming all you're doing is leaden salute (i use aquillo's at ls events because I prefer to use ice shot for random dmg... but in 31 more cirien-croin lanterns I'm going to be using vulcan's full time so i'll have to favor fire shot for qd dmg :3 ).
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2011-02-06 00:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The staff bonus is a separate multiplier, so using the elemental affiliated staff would obviously be the much better choice.

Same goes for Hoshiku's post, the staff bonus is an added multiplier, so basically you are taking all the damage the brew is giving and multiplying that by another 1.15.
[+]
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-02-06 01:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Well tbh. My thf with ultimate baying moon can hit like 13k aoelion edge so... I'm positive you'd at least hit that number.
Edit* 13k with a brew.
Edit again* yep my thf is horribly geared so your gear won't matter much when you have 999 everything
Idk much about cor but any job can brew anything to death. Brd with earth crusher can take crap down lol
brd with earth crusher is doing it wrong :< I go brd doing aeolian edge i out dmg my thf its pretty awesome ^^ stackin all that mab stuff up ^^/ also i sj blm since you dont need to tp feed to build tp afterall :3
 Shiva.Pheare
Server: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-02-06 01:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Brewed shinryu on cor. Leaden Salute did about 9k, quick draws did about 2k. not sure how cats would do with resists. :\
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-06 02:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Pheare said:
Brewed shinryu on cor. Leaden Salute did about 9k, quick draws did about 2k. not sure how cats would do with resists. :\

Just do Aoelion Edge....I brewed Shinryu the other day again and Aeolion edge was like 18k~24k, much better than Leaden Salute.
First Page 2