Forum » FFXI » General » how to give FFXI up
how to give FFXI up
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2011-01-17 18:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I realized ffxi is the shittiest most depressing game to play.

aside from that the graphics make me extremely bored on now days time.

AND the people in it ... Lol greedy ***, never met more people worse than the one I met in that MMO. I've played other Mmo's, but the people in ffxi take the prize.
[+]
By Wombat 2011-01-17 18:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you~
 Asura.Riddick
Server: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2011-01-18 07:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Asura.Riddick said:
Take the three week challenge. I played this game daily since 2005. I missed so much life. Real life people. December 21 I took advantage of family coming for holidays. To my surprise after about 4 days of changing my pattern of playing at night I felt better. Now nearly a month and I realize the hold this game had on me. Next time I log ill be deactivating my account. No desire to return. Thanks for a great game SE. Unfortunately it does not go on forever. Thanks to all the friends I met. Time to move on. Ask yourself if you could take time off the game people. If you still love it after a couple weeks your set. But like a drug you have to remove it to control it.

Cool, sucks you couldn't control yourself, too bad that doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. Quit preaching.
preaching??? I guess the subject topic was confusing for you......
 Bismarck.Selzak
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-01-21 19:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The addicting part does go away after you've stopped playing for several days. The next step, though, will be your attempt to find something to take its place. After a while, you'll realize that there isn't anything and you'll come back. You'll have fun for a few months then go back into the bored/addict phase. Rinse. Repeat.

I've done this a lot.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-21 19:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Riddick said:
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Asura.Riddick said:
Take the three week challenge. I played this game daily since 2005. I missed so much life. Real life people. December 21 I took advantage of family coming for holidays. To my surprise after about 4 days of changing my pattern of playing at night I felt better. Now nearly a month and I realize the hold this game had on me. Next time I log ill be deactivating my account. No desire to return. Thanks for a great game SE. Unfortunately it does not go on forever. Thanks to all the friends I met. Time to move on. Ask yourself if you could take time off the game people. If you still love it after a couple weeks your set. But like a drug you have to remove it to control it.

Cool, sucks you couldn't control yourself, too bad that doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. Quit preaching.
preaching??? I guess the subject topic was confusing for you......

You tell people in two lines there what to do, and have multiple sentences where you talk about your problems with it and assume everyone else has the same problem.

Telling someone about how bad something is, using your own life as an example, then telling them what to do isn't preaching...? As I said before, it's not our(the people who can balance and control their lives') fault that you can't.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-21 19:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst ***right now is how you need basically 2 accounts to do anything. Pretty much everyone I know has a WHM curebot now, and since everything is duoable that don't leave much to game-playing for moralfags that don't use bots, like myself.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-21 19:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
The worst ***right now is how you need basically 2 accounts to do anything. Pretty much everyone I know has a WHM curebot now, and since everything is duoable that don't leave much to game-playing for moralfags that don't use bots, like myself.

Funny, I do stuff with 4-6 other people for a few hours after school then work everyday. I'm going to assume that your server just sucks for people then ^_^
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-21 19:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin, overall is a pretty antisocial server. It's business and not much else. That's why there's few, if any Dramalamas grazing. Even infamous SuperLS failed to cause anything beyond a few chuckles wiping to Adamantoise.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-01-21 20:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
I realized ffxi is the shittiest most depressing game to play. aside from that the graphics make me extremely bored on now days time. AND the people in it ... Lol greedy ***, never met more people worse than the one I met in that MMO. I've played other Mmo's, but the people in ffxi take the prize.

QFT.

I'm playing DC Universe Online now and its got issues and only a tiny bit of endgame content but oh so *** casual I'm loving it. I just log in, do some missions, gank some villan noobs, log off, all like a boss.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 20:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No Kaio don't leav meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 Cerberus.Irishlass
Server: Cerberus
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-21 20:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You may find this sad... But I have actually learned a lot of things from playing FFXI lol. My LS was filled with all kinds of people who I would have never had the chance to talk to IRL. We had a psychologist, an astrologist several computer experts, a guy that was in the Navy around the same time my dad was, a black jack dealer, a semi pro poker player, a kid who’s parents traveled all over the world who knew several driftnet languages, a person who was an expert at computer servers and technical writing and several funny people who would leave you in stitches from laughing so hard.

As far as the game being addictive, I think it is but in two ways.

1. The addiction to the social interaction(Getting to know people, talk about life and the game)
2. The addiction to the game itself(Getting levels, Jobs and cool items)

Maybe some have a little bit of both and are hopelessly addicted (Can’t go to sleep even if they are dead tired until they get that item or that one last level sometimes not even for themselves but for their friend).

As for me if I am tired I go to bed. I’ll be the one up bright in early, log on, have a cup of coffee and talk about how the event went. I hope that anything I did get in the game was earned the hard way not handed to me. I hope that even though I am not the best player, have a bad memory and get lost a lot, people will still see me as someone worth talking to in the game. My biggest worry is not that I won’t get that last item I need form sky but that people will stop talking to me because they think I am not worth talking to. Sad I know lol

All good things must come to an end someday... I myself am just not there yet lol. Good luck to you :)
 Alexander.Luwu
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Luwu 2011-01-21 21:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Eurra said:
But, yeah - I have stayed away from the game for awhile. I just stalk this forum for the lol's

lol same here
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-01-22 04:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you make a big enough deal about quitting final fantasy as to making it akin to a drug, let me just say the game isn't the problem, its the user.

And like drugs, rarely ever is the drug the problem for the problems it produces, but rather the reaction people have, for example pot doesn't destroy families, jobs and relationships, but families let it, jobs drug test, which results in people lying about use, its all just so ridiculous in an incredibly stupid way.

Its more of an issue of, I have to do what society deems productive and fun, not what I.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-01-22 06:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ain't that the truth. I'm constantly meeting people who just go and dual box or curebot all their AF+2 stuff and then sort of just turn their head at me since I haven't quite finished all that yet. I also have a hard time keeping up with bots on claiming the free spawning NMs. Damn them all.

Unicorn.Marrs said:
If you make a big enough deal about quitting final fantasy as to making it akin to a drug, let me just say the game isn't the problem, its the user. And like drugs, rarely ever is the drug the problem for the problems it produces, but rather the reaction people have, for example pot doesn't destroy families, jobs and relationships, but families let it, jobs drug test, which results in people lying about use, its all just so ridiculous in an incredibly stupid way. Its more of an issue of, I have to do what society deems productive and fun, not what I.
Yet... no one seems to be listing drugs that possess actual physical addictive properties. Everything listed so far is a psychological dependency drug, and depending on how fragile the person's psyche the harder it is for them to quit. Drugs with actual physical addictive properties do often times destroy families and other relationships. I.E. Crystal Meth, Crack-cocaine, Nicotene, Heroin, and other such similar drugs. You call it a societal absolution that drug use is bad, and that this pressure is what causes the problems, but the root of the problem is still the drug wherein if the drug did not exist, there would be no problem. Dependency changes behavior in people, and so you generally find that once a person is dependent, they're having fun and being productive. In their own eyes. Were their behavior unaltered, then often times they would have no reason and see no reason to do the things they do while dependent. It's a curious thing.
[+]
 Siren.Verona
Server: Siren
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2011-01-22 08:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yawn.
If there's something in your real life that you need to do, then do that. If you've been busy and you're not having fun anymore then fair enough, but don't make it seem like the games had you under some kind of voodoo for the last however many years. That's just complete ***.

Look, it's a game. A game which you can stop and start playing at any time you wish. The only reason that anyone ever says that the games has had a hold on them is when they have something missing in their life which they're using the game to fill. I've done it. I'm unemployed right now, so I play the game between checking job websites and eating Coco Pops. Before that, I didn't play so much. When my friends were around near Christmas I didn't play much and when I've been in relationships, I've been on less. If you feel like you have a problem, there's shut down button right there which you're free to use. But it's pathetic to blame a game for your own problems.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-01-24 21:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanna quit ?

Go to Jeuno (or Aht Urgan Whitegate) and shout "***".

You will be banned faster than you can say "Vermillion Cloak" ;)

(there's a true story behind that, btw)
[+]
 Cerberus.Etheron
Server: Cerberus
user: Etheron
By Cerberus.Etheron 2011-01-30 15:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit the game and haven't been on this site in over a year. I quit smoking 6 months ago. I will probably quit FF 14 before I even start it....

oh god I'm bored
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2011-01-30 16:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Get your account stolen . Even though it happened to me I still spend tons of time viewing this cursed site ...
By Aless 2011-01-30 16:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoot yourself...

it is the only way out from FF
[+]
 Asura.Lilbuttons
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2011-01-30 16:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Eurra said:
But, yeah - I have stayed away from the game for awhile. I just stalk this forum for the lol's
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-30 16:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ain't that the truth. I'm constantly meeting people who just go and dual box or curebot all their AF+2 stuff and then sort of just turn their head at me since I haven't quite finished all that yet. I also have a hard time keeping up with bots on claiming the free spawning NMs. Damn them all.

I make friends with whms. Then we duo things.
Option 2 is to level whm and find a melee partner.
 Shiva.Cybermario
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-01-30 17:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

well in my case having my token with a friend (different town) and getting sporadical codes to be able to play started to kill it for me, the more time this continued the less i asked a code.
When i had this shipped to me i did not played at all, soon i realized i dont miss the game, token got lost and really i lost the love and addiction for the game.

When i return to play will enjoy it? probably not.