90-99, Whats Going To Be Next?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 90-99, Whats Going to be next?
90-99, Whats Going to be next?
First Page 2 3

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-14 21:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

...........................................do you realize that a thread about this very topic was just made?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-14 21:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-01-14 21:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lol its a lil diff from my thread. Its a speculation thread about what there will be while mine is a "when?". Personally though I find speculation threads a waste of time + rumor creating factories. But have fun ;)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-14 21:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE will start up an af4 set that needs to be upgraded like this af3 just to encourage more play time with as little actual content as possible
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-01-14 22:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I think SE will start up an af4 set that needs to be upgraded like this af3 just to encourage more play time with as little actual content as possible

I think AF3 will be upgraded to HQ3, 90-95 update will be legs, feet and head, 95-99 will be body and hands. Just speculation though.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-14 22:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
...........................................do you realize that a thread about this very topic was just made?
just as the posters said, this is a speculation theread. So please take your troll elsewhere because I do "give a ***".
It wasn't trolling it was an honest question. Literaly 1 minute after the thread I linked to was made this one was. I was wondering whether you honestly didn't know or you just took the idea from it and made your own variation of the thread.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-14 22:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

New expansion to the far east, new jobs: Time Mage and Geomancer. New summons Bahamut and Phoenix. You heard it here first, I have inside sources ok.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-01-14 22:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
New expansion to the far east, new jobs: Time Mage and Geomancer. New summons Bahamut and Phoenix. You heard it here first, I have inside sources ok.

Actually 2nd, you said it 1st in the other thread. ^^
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-01-14 22:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely want an endgame scene for level 99, specifically HNMs worth camping and tailored for level 99 alliances.

Definitely outside of Abyssea though... cause Abyssea made everything a total joke.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-14 22:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea was either a Prelude to what the rest of FFXI is going to entail, or an easy way to "Reset to 0" IE, quickly bring everyone up and equipped (If underskilled cause lolabyssea) for some other insane ***. I'm personally thinking the former, but hoping for the latter.
[+]
 Leviathan.Melisenna
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2011-01-14 23:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
I think AF3 will be upgraded to HQ3, 90-95 update will be legs, feet and head, 95-99 will be body and hands. Just speculation though.
this is what ive been saying for weeks, though very few ppl have agreed with me.
[+]
 Shiva.Eldarias
Server: Shiva
user: Eldarias
By Shiva.Eldarias 2011-01-14 23:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What comes after blue boxes?
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-01-14 23:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eldarias said:

Gold Trim.

Gonna be more abyssea for it as well i'd think. After we've been 99 for a while maybe they'll have something else.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-15 00:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My speculations:

As others have hinted at, I expect Heroes to be the final chapter of Abyssea, and there will be new final endgame content OUTSIDE ABYSSEA after the level cap is raised to 99.

It seems reasonable that new "BCNM" type instanced battles will become available, using Kindred Crests and High Kindred Crests.

I highly doubt there will be any more future JSE "AF" type armor sets. It's more likely that Rare/Ex sets for multiple jobs will be released, in the vein of Homam, Nashira, Hecatomb, Shura, Usukane, Morrigan's, etc.

However, I seriously doubt S-E would make the egregious error of recycling old and unpopular systems, such as the HNM "ground kings". For those of you still pining for those hours spent staring @ Darters and harassing other linkshells in /say chatmode, you really need to let that go. Really, you'll feel better.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkdestroyer
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkdestroyer 2011-01-15 00:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i would like to see them bring everything together and breath life back into the old endgame stuf...heres my idea

Make top of the line gear for each job AF4 maybe...this gear sucks to start with but requires upgrades though trial of the magians just like af3 did however instead of seals ect lets use this to bring back the old ***. Example of my idea

Thf af4 magian trial upgrade for body requires Nbody, salvage thf body, af1, af2, and af3 body.

Or another idea...put in a augument system that allows you to combine 2x items under 75 to make 1 piece of gear, with random stats from 2 combined pieces of gear.

Ex: combine love torque and pcc and you get acc+ ra+ and dagger skill + on a new neck piece, but the neck piece would become lvl 99
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-01-15 00:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

next up: 3 part addon series UMBRALIA!!! more alternate dimension madness!!! with umbralia-horutoto ruins/zeruhn mines/bostineaux oubliette, umbralia-maze of shakrami/gusgen mines/ordelle's caves and umbralia-garlaige citadel/crawlers' nest/eldieme necropolis!!

/sarcasm
[+]
 Caitsith.Lyall
Server: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-01-15 00:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Just amused by the comment, since these two jobs got thrown around SO MUCH in other speculation threads. Not trolling you particularly, Draylo, but...

IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME JOB THAT COULD CAST SLOW, HASTE AND THE LIKE

OR SOME JOB THAT COULD CAST ELEMENTAL SPELLS THAT WEAKENED PEOPLE TO OTHER ELEMENTS

If only there was some way to do these things...

Still, speculation threads are amusing, if only because I hate 99% of the things proposed in them.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-15 01:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian trials for Rajas ring.
[+]
 Caitsith.Albelnox
user: Thoman1
By Caitsith.Albelnox 2011-01-15 01:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Magian trials for Rajas ring.
for rajas, and rajas only. loltamas. (i skipped sattva cus it's so gimp it doesn't even need to be mentioned [even though i guess i just mentioned it])
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-15 01:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
specifically HNMs worth camping and tailored for level 99 alliances.

HNMs would be a colossal step back for the game :(
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2011-01-15 01:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping once Lv.99 is here and in place, Square-Enix is going to take a step back from all their hard work giving us tons of new and cool things and think of ways to:
A, re-balance the game, giving every job an equal opportunity
B, revitalize the old endgame stuff; maybe give us Trials for relic armor, Salvage gear, and whatever else.
C, revitalize the old pregame stuff; believe it or not, I actually kind of miss leveling in the Dunes.
D, seriously (I mean "seriously") consider dropping PS2 and maybe 360 support to breathe some fresher graphics, user interface controls, and all the stuff that we'd have if not for "PS2 limitations". More character-creation options and whatnot too. (I'm not really biased against PS2 either, since I've used that all the way from when I started 7'ish years ago until actually quite recently)

As for between Lv.90~Lv.99, I think we are going to see a lot more of what we've been getting: new challenges, new armor, new customization, etc.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-15 01:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:

Gold Trim.

Gonna be more abyssea for it as well i'd think. After we've been 99 for a while maybe they'll have something else.

Idk why someone ratted down Axle, they were right about gold trim and just answering a question lol.

[+]
 Alexander.Orson
Server: Alexander
user: Orson
By Alexander.Orson 2011-01-15 01:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell is the obsession with people wanting to "revitalize the old endgame stuff." Forcing people who have done the same crappy stuff over and again is not revitalizing. You know at any time you can go do sea, sky, and/or whatever else. Nothing is stopping you from doing these events you so love. So help me god, if SE requires you to turn in 10 Kirin's Osodes for our +3 bodies I'm going to go and cripple the dev.

Old content isn't dead just because people don't need stuff from it. It was boring because we'd been doing it for years. Having to do dynamis for upgrading relics is bad enough. ToTM connected to old endgame stuff is just cruel
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2011-01-15 01:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Orson said:
What the hell is the obsession with people wanting to "revitalize the old endgame stuff."
Because variety is the spice of life. As fun as Abyssea is, only ever doing the same thing over and over again is no less boring than spending a day in Sky or in Dynamis. I'm not saying "Force us to go back and grind the hell out of it", I'm saying to give us some incentive to go back... Make it more fun, make it more challenging, fix the problems with the given systems and give us a few nifty rewards for re-exploring what made our game great in the first place.

I know quite a few people who will tell you that they like doing Salvage, that they like doing Dynamis. Heck, I just did Limbus a couple of days ago and had fun doing it. I'm not saying force us to go back there, I'm just saying "Don't make this like WoW where every level cap increase makes obsolite all the fun endgame that there was before".
[+]
 Caitsith.Lyall
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-01-15 02:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The devil here is that "fun" and "obsolete" are not catch-all terms. Going back to work on a relic with friends and demolishing Dynamis with six people? That's fun. Doing Dynamis for gear? That's obsolete. Making players go back into Dynamis to grind for things post-90? That's boring.

Fun in moderation is true, yes, but XI's future is NOT locked inside of its past. Sky/Sea/Limbus/Ein/Salvage/Assault/whatever are all done, and making players be required to touch that stuff to advance past it would just be a lack of creativity on the Devs' input.

Or, PS2 Limitations. God dammit.
[+]
First Page 2 3