90-99, Whats Going To Be Next?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 90-99, Whats Going to be next?
90-99, Whats Going to be next?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-15 21:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

A) This game is Focused on PvE, the concept of balancing your refering to is something that would lean towards more of a PvP focused game. And they already claimed they are hard at work to make sure each job keeps it unique style (so just subbing rdm wont rep it at higher lvs, and so on) So no way they gonna "balance" the game.

What's wrong with balancing jobs in PvE content?
Ppl with right job grind gears 3 times more efficient than ppl with wrong jobs. For ppl who has no MNK, no NIN, no BLM, no THF, no WAR or no WHM, they may ended up having to find extra hands for proc when trying to grind KI, seal or gears. And they may ended up killing slower or less drops, thus lower the efficiency. Keep each job's unique style has nothing to do with job balance. Who'd like to play a job(no matter how much you like that job)that can't do things as efficient as other jobs?

You sound like PvE focus MMORPG has no competitive element, but that's not true. FFXI players compete in gear, when ppl with right jobs grind gear fast and efficient, they'll ended up having better gear than ppl with wrong job, who'd have to spend more time getting extra help, or fight NM more times for KI/seal/gear drop.

You might not fully understand the concept of unique.

It has everything to do with the concept of balance.

Things can not be balanced, yet widely different from each other.

An example would be DRK and SAM. In general both jobs are DDs, they both can deal large damage, but are unique in their styles. DRK focus purely on attack power (based on it's job abilities) While SAM focuses on quickly gaining TP to unleash it's WS.

How would you go about balancing the two, SAM has a build (With Third Eye and Seigan for example) to allow itself protection from attacks) While DRK has no abilities to protect itself from attacks, even quite opposite, has abilities that bring greater risk from attacks and damage (Via, Last Resort, Soul Eater). Even if you find a way to give DRK more protection for itself or to gain more tp quickly or to give SAM abilities to gain a massive boost to attack and (Balance) the jobs, what would be unique about them? What would make each job stand out? (The Answer, nothing, they would lose their Unique standing)

I could try to nip pick each job, but the general point Im making is that to allow jobs to be balanced, you have to allow all jobs the same abilities (in general) or where that jobs aspects wont effect usage in most or all aspects of the game.

And just to make this point even clearer the Definition of Unique

u·nique (y-nk)
adj.
1. Being the only one of its kind: "the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting."
2. Without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled.

StarCraft and Broodwar would like to have a word with you.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-01-15 21:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

We're going to have abyssea INSIDE of abyssea. Abyssea - Abyssea Altepa.

***just got real.
[+]
 Leviathan.Raborn
user: Raborn
By Leviathan.Raborn 2011-01-15 21:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
We're going to have abyssea INSIDE of abyssea. Abyssea - Abyssea Altepa. ***just got real.

lmao.

got real- real.

Dynamis- Abyssea - La Thiene Plateau , with sandworms to warp you to Dynamis- Abyssea - Abyssea Altepa.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Alexstaifter 2011-01-15 21:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

A) This game is Focused on PvE, the concept of balancing your refering to is something that would lean towards more of a PvP focused game. And they already claimed they are hard at work to make sure each job keeps it unique style (so just subbing rdm wont rep it at higher lvs, and so on) So no way they gonna "balance" the game.

What's wrong with balancing jobs in PvE content?
Ppl with right job grind gears 3 times more efficient than ppl with wrong jobs. For ppl who has no MNK, no NIN, no BLM, no THF, no WAR or no WHM, they may ended up having to find extra hands for proc when trying to grind KI, seal or gears. And they may ended up killing slower or less drops, thus lower the efficiency. Keep each job's unique style has nothing to do with job balance. Who'd like to play a job(no matter how much you like that job)that can't do things as efficient as other jobs?

You sound like PvE focus MMORPG has no competitive element, but that's not true. FFXI players compete in gear, when ppl with right jobs grind gear fast and efficient, they'll ended up having better gear than ppl with wrong job, who'd have to spend more time getting extra help, or fight NM more times for KI/seal/gear drop.

You might not fully understand the concept of unique.

It has everything to do with the concept of balance.

Things can not be balanced, yet widely different from each other.

An example would be DRK and SAM. In general both jobs are DDs, they both can deal large damage, but are unique in their styles. DRK focus purely on attack power (based on it's job abilities) While SAM focuses on quickly gaining TP to unleash it's WS.

How would you go about balancing the two, SAM has a build (With Third Eye and Seigan for example) to allow itself protection from attacks) While DRK has no abilities to protect itself from attacks, even quite opposite, has abilities that bring greater risk from attacks and damage (Via, Last Resort, Soul Eater). Even if you find a way to give DRK more protection for itself or to gain more tp quickly or to give SAM abilities to gain a massive boost to attack and (Balance) the jobs, what would be unique about them? What would make each job stand out? (The Answer, nothing, they would lose their Unique standing)

I could try to nip pick each job, but the general point Im making is that to allow jobs to be balanced, you have to allow all jobs the same abilities (in general) or where that jobs aspects wont effect usage in most or all aspects of the game.

And just to make this point even clearer the Definition of Unique

u·nique (y-nk)
adj.
1. Being the only one of its kind: "the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting."
2. Without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled.

StarCraft and Broodwar would like to have a word with you.

I would never consider SC/BW to be balanced, it seemed to follow a more efficent R/P/S system in terms of gameplay, but back on topic

In A MMORPG, what I said is true.

Post deleted by User.
By Serj 2011-01-15 23:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
I definitely want an endgame scene for level 99, specifically HNMs worth camping and tailored for level 99 alliances.

Definitely outside of Abyssea though... cause Abyssea made everything a total joke.

Someone's butt-hurt over their deflated lolHNM ego.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-16 00:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Make something new, old HNM bot fests no thanks.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-16 00:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
I definitely want an endgame scene for level 99, specifically HNMs worth camping and tailored for level 99 alliances.

Definitely outside of Abyssea though... cause Abyssea made everything a total joke.

I really, really hope they never make HNMs ever again. Would love to have some more Salvage-type things though. Anything that you need to compete (with bots) to get is just *** imo. Do not want to sell my soul to a terribad HNM shell just to get top-tier gear. I'd rather do something that requires some semblance of skill to get ***, and not just throwing bodies/bots at stuff.

Was that even a coherent sentence. :(
By Serj 2011-01-16 00:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Make something new, old HNM bot fests no thanks.

My sentiments as well. .5-3 hours of sitting in a zone with several claim bots to claim 1 nm that 60 other people want that may or most likely not drop an item that one of your friends wants.... doesn't sound like a good time.

For the same thrill, go camp heqet during JP primetime. If you miss claim, you get to try again in 15 minutes vs 21 hours.
By Serj 2011-01-16 00:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Serj said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:

I really, really hope they never make HNMs ever again. Would love to have some more Salvage-type things though. Anything that you need to compete (with bots) to get is just *** imo. Do not want to sell my soul to a terribad HNM shell just to get top-tier gear. I'd rather do something that requires some semblance of skill to get ***, and not just throwing bodies/bots at stuff.

Was that even a coherent sentence. :(

Made perfect sense lol. I think most people share the same thoughts on this subject.
 Shiva.Dais
Server: Shiva
user: Dais
By Shiva.Dais 2011-01-16 00:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the abyssea play style (I've honestly never had so much fun on this game as in abyssea) and hope some of the major trends continue into future content but, more than anything else, I want to see campaign battle revised to become worthwhile in some way.
I dont know if they should raise the exp cap or make secondary goals like defeating nms more rewarding but something needs to give. I do know that I would waive any right to an exp reward just to be able to skillup reliably somewhere.
Similar battlefield events like besieged and bastion need help as well, there just arent enough people to make those fights competitive any more. And the reward for the high effort involved in not losing right away is almost nil.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-16 00:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like Salvage would be nice. If its new though the competition to get inside will suck so either make more than one type of new event or instance(ya right!).
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-16 00:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Something like Salvage would be nice. If its new though the competition to get inside will suck so either make more than one type of new event or instance(ya right!).

Multiple instances yes, please. Not that they'll do it... idk why they don't honestly. :s
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-16 00:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they have three normally but that is never enough :/. Most likely lolps2 limitations.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-16 00:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Well they have three normally but that is never enough :/. Most likely lolps2 limitations.

Yeah I know... except for like Dyanmis/Limbus. :(

Needs like... 10 instances... I wonder if it's really PS2 limitations or if they're just too lazy to upgrade their servers/etc.