Atma Of The Burning Effigy Broke?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Atma of the Burning Effigy broke?
Atma of the Burning Effigy broke?
 Fenrir.Kirschy
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kirschy
By Fenrir.Kirschy 2011-01-06 13:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Yea the only reason I even bothered to test it is because my friend /w Empyrean Gun was disappointed that it didn't help Wildfire, and deduced it was a gorget-like effect. Sucks ;(.
Yeah would've been the sex if it worked with wildfire AND stacked with obis... instead it does neither lol. So I guess it's lone wolf smouldering sky and griffon claw for my brewed wildfire epeens

Griffon's Claw works on Wildfire?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 13:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Yea the only reason I even bothered to test it is because my friend /w Empyrean Gun was disappointed that it didn't help Wildfire, and deduced it was a gorget-like effect. Sucks ;(.
Yeah would've been the sex if it worked with wildfire AND stacked with obis... instead it does neither lol. So I guess it's lone wolf smouldering sky and griffon claw for my brewed wildfire epeens
Griffon's Claw works on Wildfire?
Indeed it does. At least if you have a 2h weapon equipped. It was what I used to test it. Seems to work on all weaponskills when 2h weapon is equipped. 20% increase in dmg on wildfire...

Though probably unlikely I kinda wonder if it might apply to physcial blood pacts and/or blue physcial magic since they are calculated like ws... but a bit harder to test. Well requires alot more data points really.
 Fenrir.Kirschy
Server: Fenrir
user: Kirschy
By Fenrir.Kirschy 2011-01-06 13:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, thanks for the tip!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 13:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol np... not sure if it's actually useful normally over other atmas like the fire dmg or GH but it is pretty nice for brewing. Trying to get smouldering sky (and the right support) to see if I can break 300k on qutrub nm
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-06 15:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lol np... not sure if it's actually useful normally over other atmas like the fire dmg or GH but it is pretty nice for brewing. Trying to get smouldering sky (and the right support) to see if I can break 300k on qutrub nm
Unfortunately, even if you can pull off 300k you'll never get to see it as the game will just loop at 65k like 4 times in theory, lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 18:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unfortunately, even if you can pull off 300k you'll never get to see it as the game will just loop at 65k like 4 times in theory, lol.
Wait wut huh? Is this like the old nes games that when you got to a high score you went back to zero?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-06 18:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently dmg is recorded using 2 bytes so it just loops at the 65k point. There's a video of someone one shotting shinryu with a 2k wildfire which is obviously not how much dmg it really did, lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 18:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Apparently dmg is recorded using 2 bytes so it just loops at the 65k point. There's a video of someone one shotting shinryu with a 2k wildfire which is obviously not how much dmg it really did, lol.
Darn and I just did like 61k last time without smouldering lol