Atma Of The Burning Effigy Broke?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Atma of the Burning Effigy broke?
Atma of the Burning Effigy broke?
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 19:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got this atma. And it says among other things...

fire-Weapon Skill Damage+: Major.

So excited I went and tested it with wildfire and no increase in dmg. Same exact dmg with and without it. Anyone know what up?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-05 19:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm, just looking at description, could be ws's with fire sc property? Try with red lotus I guess? lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 19:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Mmm, just looking at description, could be ws's with fire sc property? Try with red lotus I guess? lol
Yeah I thought that... unfortunately I don't have anyone with a fire sc property magical ws that isn't fire element itself. Since the only one I can find is atonement...

ANd testing something like RLB or hot shot lets say wouldn't really prove it wasn't fire element just that it works with that and not wildfire... also the rest of it would enhance actual fire ws.

Also I think those aren't pure hybrids cause the dmg isn't so consistent

Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-05 20:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if red lotus showed change at least it'd mean the atma isn't ENTIRELY broken, lol. Could just try it with SA spinning axe I guess if you can find a war. Not 100% reliable but not bad.

Only other elemental ws I can see off the top of my head with fire property is garland of bliss, lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 20:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I want magical cause seeing a change in a physical one would require lots of testing... and burning lots of abyssea time uselessly.

I just was going to try hot shot... but the dmg varied too much just on the same mob with the same atmas and tp lol.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-05 20:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot shot being a hybrid seems a little harder to use, I would think red lotus would be easier though I guess you'd have to switch jobs.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-05 20:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Test with brew :D
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-05 20:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Source

Appears to increase fTP by 0.2.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 20:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Hot shot being a hybrid seems a little harder to use, I would think red lotus would be easier though I guess you'd have to switch jobs.
Isn't RLB hybrid too?

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Source

Your source says works like gorget... Ie skillchain alignment. Of course he also said quick test and quick test with a ranged physical ws has a rather wide margin of error
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-05 21:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No, RLB is pure elemental ws, can't miss, won't stack with SA, etc...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 21:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
No, RLB is pure elemental ws, can't miss, won't stack with SA, etc...
Yeah just tested it.... it's firesday now so that is throwing some stuff off so I will finish when not fire day.

New testing shows firesday was actually messing things up. But wildfire has shown me that indeed it does give the 10% obi bonus and does not stack with obi
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 21:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So went to use RLB on earthday... first thing showed me that wikis formulas on magic dmg and/or stat mods ftp etc are dead wrong so I'm going to have to recalculate on my own
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-05 21:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of numbers are you seeing with the pertinent stats?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 22:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
What kind of numbers are you seeing with the pertinent stats?
Right now I'm throwing them all out since tests involving the atma require accurate base information which seems to be wrong.

So far all I've got is RLB does seem to have ftp of 1.0 at 100% tp but I've yet to test if the values of the stat mods are correct or if it's if they've increased the fint cap now. But one of the 2 is not what wiki list.

Now using the numbers which are mostly useless with the atma showed around 20% increase in dmg at 100% tp and around 28% at 300%... so yeah idk
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-05 22:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious what results you're actually getting since the NA and JP wikis have slightly different calcs and I wanna know if that's causing the breaks.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 22:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
I'm just curious what results you're actually getting since the NA and JP wikis have slightly different calcs and I wanna know if that's causing the breaks.
Didn't know that. It's going slow now being waterday... and I just realized somehow my blu had MAB set this whole time
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 23:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so right now when day isn't proccing I'm getting 158 dmg with 78 str and 83 int.

According to NA wiki it's 30% str 20% int with ftp of 1.0. ■Damage = (( Lv+2+WSC ) * fTP + fINT )

So wsc should be .85(.3*78+.2*83) which comes out to exactly 34.

So that should mean dmg = 126+ fint which means fint is 32 assuming of course the stat mods are correct.

And according to NA wiki:
for WS, fINT = 8 + ΔINT/2
ΔINT : difference between your INT and target’s INT (caps at 24 for WS)

And while that can certainly be interruptted a few different ways I don't think 32...
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-05 23:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, gobli lists it as dINT at under 16 dINT and 16 + dINT/2 after that with a cap up to 32 for RLB so that fits perfectly there.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 23:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah 32 seems to work with the numbers I got in abyssea earlier if the ftps are right.... friggin NA wiki throwing me off
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-05 23:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Though maybe the NA wiki just means ΔINT/2 is supposed to cap at 24? That would work too, lol. Not as though it really matter but still not sure which is right then!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 23:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Though maybe the NA wiki just means ΔINT/2 is supposed to cap at 24? That would work too, lol. Not as though it really matter but still not sure which is right then!
Then they word things really really horribly since int says

ΔINT : difference between your INT and target’s INT (caps at 24 for WS)

not ΔINT/2
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-05 23:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, it's a wiki written by totally random people from who knows what backgrounds, things are bound to get written horribly more often than not.
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-06 01:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Isn't RLB hybrid too?

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Source

Your source says works like gorget... Ie skillchain alignment. Of course he also said quick test and quick test with a ranged physical ws has a rather wide margin of error

Actually it's saying the atma works like a gorget in that it gives an fTP bonus (to fire based weaponskills in this case) and not a straight % damage increase (like Atma of the Beyond with Ice magic).

The test was done in capped conditions so the ranged damage wouldn't vary at all...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 08:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactly what I just said... even capped conditions which aren't easy to do in abyssea there will be more of a range than that has a boost lol
 Fenrir.Kirschy
Server: Fenrir
user: Kirschy
By Fenrir.Kirschy 2011-01-06 12:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend pointed me to this. Just wanted to clear up any problems. Ranged Attacks in capped conditions don't vary so it gives us precise calculations for this kind of test. Capped conditions in Abyssea are very easy to attain with Atma so they make the perfect testing grounds.

To flesh out the data calculations a bit more:

Without Atma:
5.0[fTP] * (39[DMG] + 24[fSTR2] + 41[Ammo] + 65[WSC]) * 3.0[PDIF] = 1773 Damage.

With Atma:
5.0[fTP] + (50/256)[fTP boost] * (39[DMG] + 24[fSTR2] + 41[Ammo] + 65[WSC]) * 3.0[PDIF] = 1872 Damage.

To repost some old data on gorgets/belts:

Quote:

#1) Sidewinder naked.
#2) Sidewinder /w Light Belt.
#3) Sidewinder /w Light Gorget.
#4) Sidewinder /w Light Belt + Light Gorget.

For those interested in the math:

DMG: 39+41
fSTR: 24
WSC: 28 (16% 84STR, 25% 81AGI, .85 @)
fTP: 5.0

#1)5.0*( 39+41+24+28 )*3.0 = 1980
#2)(5.0+25/256)*( 39+41+24+28 )*3.0 = 2016
#3)(5.0+25/256)*( 39+41+24+28 )*3.0 = 2016
#4)(5.0+50/256)*( 39+41+24+28 )*3.0 = 2055

In the above example Gorget + Belt granted a 50/256 fTP which is equal to the boost found in Burning Effigy. I feel it works perfectly~
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 12:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Friend pointed me to this. Just wanted to clear up any problems. Ranged Attacks in capped conditions don't vary so it gives us precise calculations for this kind of test.
What about the +0-5% randomization on pdif? Does that not exist anymore?
 Fenrir.Kirschy
By Fenrir.Kirschy 2011-01-06 12:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Friend pointed me to this. Just wanted to clear up any problems. Ranged Attacks in capped conditions don't vary so it gives us precise calculations for this kind of test.

It exists only for melee attacks, not ranged attacks. For this reason ranged attacks are the saving grace for getting good test data~
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 12:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Kirschy said:
It exists only for melee attacks, not ranged attacks. For this reason ranged attacks are the saving grace for getting good test data~
Didn't know that... *** you wiki again. Just noticed that capped Cratio gets you capped pdif on min and max too on ranged attacks

And in the end all this work to get this atma and it ends up sucking hard and not doing what it appears to say it does
 Fenrir.Kirschy
By Fenrir.Kirschy 2011-01-06 13:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the only reason I even bothered to test it is because my friend /w Empyrean Gun was disappointed that it didn't help Wildfire, and deduced it was a gorget-like effect. Sucks ;(.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 13:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Yea the only reason I even bothered to test it is because my friend /w Empyrean Gun was disappointed that it didn't help Wildfire, and deduced it was a gorget-like effect. Sucks ;(.
Yeah would've been the sex if it worked with wildfire AND stacked with obis... instead it does neither lol. So I guess it's lone wolf smouldering sky and griffon claw for my brewed wildfire epeens
First Page 2