Abyssea Time Limit - What Is The Benefit?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea Time Limit - What is the Benefit?
Abyssea Time Limit - What is the Benefit?
First Page 2
 Asura.Authority
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2010-12-09 16:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but time extensions are a pain in the *** to get in the new zones - an even bigger pain in the *** than the previous Abyssea zones.

Now, lets think about this a bit. SE, thankfully, seems to have adopted a new philosophy when it comes to their game. It has become a lot simpler to do pretty much everything that was once a terrible chore. They appear to be implementing things that advance the game at a more enjoyable pace without putting too much of a hindrance on the player. Of course, activities need to have some type of time sink to prevent everyone getting everything as fast as possible (for those of you who have played WoW, an example is "welfare epics").

If you take a look at the time restriction upon Abyssea zones, there seems to be absolutely no benefit to the game other than causing one additional obstacle. This might sound like me crying to make the game even MORE easy-mode, but that isn't the case. I understand that farming seals should be an inconvenience - I mean, the gear you get from it is great. However, not only do you have to farm RANDOM seals most of the time, you have to do it within an allotted time period. In order to extend this time period, you must take extra time out of your day specifically so you can spend more time in Abyssea. It is counterproductive.

I guess what I'm getting at, is that I'd really like to see what others think of this. Do you like the time restriction in place? Do you think it serves no purpose? What is your thought behind something, in my opinion, so ridiculous it should be completely removed?

TLDR
Time limits in Abyssea suck, they are counterproductive, and serve no purpose (in my opinion). What's your opinion?
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-09 16:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Authority said:
I don't know if any of you have noticed, but time extensions are a pain in the *** to get in the new zones - an even bigger pain in the *** than the previous Abyssea zones.

Now, lets think about this a bit. SE, thankfully, seems to have adopted a new philosophy when it comes to their game. It has become a lot simpler to do pretty much everything that was once a terrible chore. They appear to be implementing things that advance the game at a more enjoyable pace without putting too much of a hindrance on the player. Of course, activities need to have some type of time sink to prevent everyone getting everything as fast as possible (for those of you who have played WoW, an example is "welfare epics").

If you take a look at the time restriction upon Abyssea zones, there seems to be absolutely no benefit to the game other than causing one additional obstacle. This might sound like me crying to make the game even MORE easy-mode, but that isn't the case. I understand that farming seals should be an inconvenience - I mean, the gear you get from it is great. However, not only do you have to farm RANDOM seals most of the time, you have to do it within an allotted time period. In order to extend this time period, you must take extra time out of your day specifically so you can spend more time in Abyssea. It is counterproductive.

I guess what I'm getting at, is that I'd really like to see what others think of this. Do you like the time restriction in place? Do you think it serves no purpose? What is your thought behind something, in my opinion, so ridiculous it should be completely removed?

TLDR
Time limits in Abyssea suck, they are counterproductive, and serve no purpose (in my opinion). What's your opinion?

Abyssea Better.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-09 16:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The time extensions are no harder to get, but I agree that the time limit ***does suck.

It forces you to either spend even more time in abyssea (the hour you spend farming TEs) or just do far less in abyssea (If you choose to not do TEs at all).

SE probably banked on people doing the former, and so it's more of a time sink. They need all the money they can get at this point with 14 flailing in the wind.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-09 16:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't have mystical powers and can just stay in other worlds forever.

Look at Goku. He could only stay on Earth for a day, and even then, that was shortened by ssj3 when he was dead!
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-09 16:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

With the right abyssites, you obtain 1 stone every 8 minutes, not to mention you can now have 48 minutes a stone, there should be no time issues at all, even if you decide to not cap azure. *which is silly easy in the older zones.*
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-09 16:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ***, 8 minute stones
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-09 16:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:
With the right abyssites, you obtain 1 stone every 8 minutes

TEACH ME!
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-09 16:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:
With the right abyssites, you obtain 1 stone every 8 minutes

TEACH ME!

WOAH
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-09 16:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather than edit, I shall use the blunder to confound the white man.
[+]
 Asura.Authority
Server: Asura
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2010-12-09 16:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:

Abyssea Better.

So you know, I was referring to the fact that it is a pain in the ***, not difficult. It is something I don't want to spend time doing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2010-12-09 16:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The time limit is so botters cant sit in zones all day and bot claim NMs. You'd cry either way about it if it was the other way around. Thats also why repop timers are so low
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-09 16:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Authority said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:

Abyssea Better.

So you know, I was referring to the fact that it is a pain in the ***, not difficult. It is something I don't want to spend time doing.

Its takes maybe 5 minutes, to kill emphereal mobs in the older zones, just being in abyssea after that will net you TE's, more than enough to keep you even if you lay off ruby.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-12-09 16:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
The time limit is so botters cant sit in zones all day and bot claim NMs. You'd cry either way about it if it was the other way around. Thats also why repop timers are so low

QFT
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-09 16:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

TE are serious business.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-12-09 16:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a few MNK's, get a few BLM's. Kill mobs. If your 1st TE does not pop within 20 min of fighting, your mobs propably dont give lights.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-09 16:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If I understand, you're saying (OP) that getting TE's sucks, but at the same time, getting the drops or doing whatever you want to be doing in Abyssea should require some challenge. I wonder, though, what would the alternative be? You could make NMs harder - but I can see the lesser skilled/lower powered groups taking longer to kill, thereby making you stand around and wait for them to finish or wipe. And the least skiled would have more trouble, possibly no success, driving them away from Abyssea/the game. (Inb4 lrn2ffxi.) (Even though repops are so fast.) Or, they could make the NMs respawn more slowly, but again, you will be waiting around to get a pop.

So, I kinda get what you're saying... but really, I don't see a way around it. Plus, the botclaim stuff, as well as the it's really not too hard to start getting TEs.

Also, as far as SE wanting our money, they don't care how many hours we spend in Abyssea, just how many months we renew our subscriptions.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-09 16:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Look at Goku. He could only stay on Earth for a day, and even then, that was shortened by ssj3 when he was dead!

I missed you Vegetto.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-09 18:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i havent been online in 3 days and only got on for a 2 hours or so after the last update so excuse my unawares... sooo what exactly is up with the new zones and TE?

we just cant cap Azure ASAP on Ephs cause there are no ephs around in new zones? Or people saying TE just doesn't drop well in new zones even with Azure capped

My short time in the new zones I didn't see any ephs but we fought a few of the new weird ice crystal *** and got Azure on them it seemed like they maybe yielded multiplied lights (we went for Azure) but not as strong as Ephs maybe I am imagining but it didn't seem like we build much Azure we had some and then killed 2-3 of these and had capped on the next kills of bluffalos.

Anybody know anything about the new elemental things yielding better lights? I first guess to why this was is because of the exp given compared to the bluffalos we were fighting.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-09 18:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I missed you Vegetto.
xD
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-09 18:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk what you are talking about... all the uleguerand range pts I've had have got plenty of TE's. Like get to 400+ within an hour or 2 from start of pt forming lol. Hell even though they are spread out I can almost maintain time solo on the worm. Was able to gain time doing dominion with a random 4 man group lol
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-09 18:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Idk what you are talking about... all the uleguerand range pts I've had have got plenty of TE's. Like get to 400+ within an hour or 2 from start of pt forming lol. Hell even though they are spread out I can almost maintain time solo on the worm. Was able to gain time doing dominion with a random 4 man group lol

good to know i'll ignore this thread
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-12-09 19:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

we can stay in sea forever, and its another dimension.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-12-09 21:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
i havent been online in 3 days and only got on for a 2 hours or so after the last update so excuse my unawares... sooo what exactly is up with the new zones and TE?

we just cant cap Azure ASAP on Ephs cause there are no ephs around in new zones? Or people saying TE just doesn't drop well in new zones even with Azure capped

My short time in the new zones I didn't see any ephs but we fought a few of the new weird ice crystal *** and got Azure on them it seemed like they maybe yielded multiplied lights (we went for Azure) but not as strong as Ephs maybe I am imagining but it didn't seem like we build much Azure we had some and then killed 2-3 of these and had capped on the next kills of bluffalos.

Anybody know anything about the new elemental things yielding better lights? I first guess to why this was is because of the exp given compared to the bluffalos we were fighting.

Someone told me we can get 10 azure/ruby/etc lights from new-style elements. I don't know if it works as Eph mobs.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-09 21:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets just give everyone level 99 for every job w/o exp pt's, give them unlimited time in abyssea, and they can pick 20 pieces of gear at random w/o killing any nm's. Sheesh.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-10 10:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Someone told me we can get 10 azure/ruby/etc lights from new-style elements. I don't know if it works as Eph mobs.

yea i think they are multiplied im not sure why no one has confirmed yet
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-10 10:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

yea i think they are multiplied im not sure why no one has confirmed yet

It seems to multiply it. Sure did with one of the parties I was in.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-10 10:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Lets just give everyone level 99 for every job w/o exp pt's, give them unlimited time in abyssea, and they can pick 20 pieces of gear at random w/o killing any nm's. Sheesh.

So many people would jump on that deal. :(
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-10 10:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
I don't like this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-10 10:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah because leveling is so difficult these days. After building lights I dominion'd my mnk from 77 to 80 with a friend in an evening. I also got like 9 seals at random.

I'd jump on the deal because it would save me many hours of dual boxing mnk + whm.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2