Abyssea Time Limit - What Is The Benefit?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea Time Limit - What is the Benefit?
Abyssea Time Limit - What is the Benefit?
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-10 10:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume the time limit is to encourage people do not do as much afk and such (we all have storys about that) as well as botters as stated above.

Also given how most stuff is fairly low-manable the concept of the stones keeps from there being 6 or 7 groups camping a time pop (or even spawn pop) NM at all times.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-10 10:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The limit on stones is what "motivates" me to work on mind-numbing magian trials.
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-12-10 11:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
The limit on stones is what "motivates" me to work on mind-numbing magian trials.
indeed
 Leviathan.Vincento
Server: Leviathan
user: Vincento
By Leviathan.Vincento 2010-12-10 11:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The time limit is productive for the player as it motivates them to keep killing mobs in between NMs. Everyone always complains about how poor they are and how hard it is to make money, yet if you cap amber lights along with azure you can leave abyssea with upwards of 400k (new zones) in items per run.

You need to get out of your shell and learn to take advantage of it.
 Siren.Eremes
Server: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2010-12-10 11:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darkultima said:
Asura.Eeek said:
indeed

Seconded.

But really with Sojourn and Celerity Abyssites, the only people who should be having issues with time are people who go into Abyssea on a daily basis without keeping their net time positive by farming TE. I don't have time to play every day so I collect stones in my absence.

The only issue I used to find with time was when multiple groups wanted to hit up the same NM, and that was mostly fixed in the last update with the repop timer fix.