Forum » FFXI » General » PS2 users
PS2 users
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2010-12-06 13:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else having update issues? my HDD should have room on it, but it keeps giving me an update error message saying that there isnt enough room to update. i have the HDD that FFXI came with, and i dont know if SE has either maxed it out so i need a new one, or if theres something wrong with the update. when i check my HDD it says i have like 2.5gb left on it and the update wasnt nearly that large..
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-12-06 13:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

LOLPS2 Limitations
[+]
By Heillon 2010-12-06 13:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Right there with ya. Update says we need 1010mb of space. We have 24,000mb of space on ours. I even deleted my old saves... not that I need them anymore... PS2 stopped reading discs long ago >.>;

But still. 24000mbs of space is like 24x the size of this update. Mad. -.-
 Diabolos.Megatron
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2010-12-06 13:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

acording to a few posts ive read it seems that the new update is having issues with the PS2 i would look for the famous emergency fix comming soon. or maybe youll have to invest in something new. and not use a piece of hardware older then most of the players lol. but i bet its a simple file fix.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2010-12-06 13:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i even deleted loltetramaster, arg this is gonna drive me nuts today
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2010-12-06 13:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i have this too, then went to update my xbox, and got the same message...wtf
 Diabolos.Trangnai
Server: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-12-06 13:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using my PS3 running the PS2 version. However my update is still going. I'm going to assume re-installing from scratch will fix the issue (remember this is just an assumption.) The reason is simple, everytime a update is applied, the old files stay in tact. they are just patched/replaced by the newer ones. (if they were deleted you would have well over 2.5gigs left.) re-installing would only give you the original and recent updated files, thus giving more space. however due to that it would be alot longer before you can play.

but also, a few questions

does the update start?

how long does it last till it says your out of space?

have you tired checking files or uninstalling worthless things like Tetra Master to free up more space?
 Lakshmi.Hiku
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2010-12-06 13:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

my HDD has 24,000+mb space (i believe i posted 2.5gb but i hadnt checked exact and was higher than thought), i can check all the files, but then when the "checking" gets to 100% i get an error message saying that my HDD doesnt have the 1010mb space required to update.

24,000.... for the HDD that the game was released with, thats still almost half the HDD open for updates etc. with that in mind i dont believe that uniinstalling and redoing FF will fix it, since there is enough space available to install FF all over again with the extra room on the disc.
By Secaoftitan 2010-12-06 13:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My PS2 just finished the "checking" phase and has begun downloading. Looks like I'll be on in 3 hours barring an unforeseen "no space on your HDD". All I have in my HDD is FFXI and some game data from Worms: Forts (Argue-ably a better game, lol).

So I think one person said they got the HDD maxed out message half way into the download, and another after the "check" but before the download. Any PS2 users out there who've not had any problems and are already in game?
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2010-12-06 14:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Secaoftitan said:
My PS2 just finished the "checking" phase and has begun downloading. Looks like I'll be on in 3 hours barring an unforeseen "no space on your HDD". All I have in my HDD is FFXI and some game data from Worms: Forts (Argue-ably a better game, lol).

So I think one person said they got the HDD maxed out message half way into the download, and another after the "check" but before the download. Any PS2 users out there who've not had any problems and are already in game?

let us know if you get in
By Secaoftitan 2010-12-06 14:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

@36% downloaded with 1:40 left for time on my slowass 736Kbps/DSL connection. I hope this works out for all of us...
By Yeffebel 2010-12-06 14:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I get through the "Preparing Update" then get the:
Insufficient HDD space.
FINAL FANTASY XI
requires 1010MB of free space to update.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-06 14:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

PS2 users just got trolled by SE :(
 Asura.Erics
Server: Asura
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2010-12-06 14:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.. I play on ps2.. but didn't get any error message... Kind of glad I'm not going through this :\... Good luck to the rest of you.
By camaroz 2010-12-06 14:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

im on 360 no issues although i have 250gb hd, only problems i ever encounter is the length of time it takes to dl the update as opposed to my pc which is done
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-06 14:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hiku said:
my HDD has 24,000+mb space (i believe i posted 2.5gb but i hadnt checked exact and was higher than thought), i can check all the files, but then when the "checking" gets to 100% i get an error message saying that my HDD doesnt have the 1010mb space required to update.

24,000.... for the HDD that the game was released with, thats still almost half the HDD open for updates etc. with that in mind i dont believe that uniinstalling and redoing FF will fix it, since there is enough space available to install FF all over again with the extra room on the disc.

your hard drive should read somewhere around 38gb formatted, game shouldn't be more than 12gb (guessing with all the updates based on the pc size etc) unless you have a lot of crap on there you should be fine, or it was just a bad check on the update from SE or your page file was really full, which may or may not be the case, idk if there's a way to clear your hdd cache on the ps2...
 Ramuh.Wolfjorg
Server: Ramuh
user: wolfjorgg
By Ramuh.Wolfjorg 2010-12-06 14:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeffebel said:
I get through the "Preparing Update" then get the:
Insufficient HDD space.
FINAL FANTASY XI
requires 1010MB of free space to update.
yeah same thing but mine is on the PS3 with 55GB of free space WTF SE seriously.
By AvengerSeraph 2010-12-06 18:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping that SE will put up an emergency fix. Tried for several hours with no luck on my PS2,so I said screw it and started the download on my PC. Like many of you,I and several of my friends in game play on PS2 and would like to keep playing on it. lol
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-12-06 18:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup guys, you have my sympathies (I PLAY ON DIALUP, BIZNATCHES; but I play on pc, so I'm downloading the update at school on faster internet), but there's a thread for this already.