Update Files
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-12-06 18:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

file named se0426.spw w/e is kicking my ***, I think it's some sort on numerical code and I think I have translated it into meaning se(hahahayousillyamericannoupdateforyou).spw
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-12-06 18:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been trying to download this one file for over an hour now lol
 Phoenix.Wayako
Server: Phoenix
user: Wayako
By Phoenix.Wayako 2010-12-06 18:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cynric said:
For some reason I can't get my updater to pass "Patch.txt"

Anyone else having this issue? microsoft's pos 360 if you couldn't guess.

I am on PC and did the direct DL route but I had a similar issue as you with Patch.txt. I did a file check using the pol method mentioned earlier and it tried to tell me they were corrupt (all 1400 and some) then would stop on patch.txt (I also had trouble before the direct dl with patch.txt stopping the official dl.)

I decided to hedge on the fact that the files were not corrupt but that I might be just missing some key ones that were bringing on the same error msg (kinda like I was getting connection errors when my connection was fine- error was stemming from a different origin which in this case was server overload) so I tried the official dl again in pol instead of repairing the files. After clicking connect a few times (server lag), The official download recognized the 1400ish direct dl files as correct then told me I had 10 left to download. One of the 10 was- patch.txt (which worked this time). Download worked fine, log in worked fine, all was right with the world.

All I can say is the error is likely related to server overload and just to keep trying the official pol download for any missing files and it may eventually help lol. I would also recommend doing the direct dl and file change method as it saved a lot of time. 18 min to download, 2-3 to unzip, a min to replace the files, then the headache of getting pol to work if you still miss a few. overall not a long time (I had earlier copied the original files in case of errors to my external HDD. Depends on computer speed etc but because I copied the entire FinalFantasy subfolder and not just the ROM and sound files that changed it took about 20-30 min).

Sorry I can't be of more help- hope you are able to get past the dreaded patch.txt file one way or another. ><
By Artemicion 2010-12-06 18:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also did the direct patch download via rar file and installed them manually via windows. POL still insisted on doing a version update check and whatnot, however, after several attempts it just patched up whatever may have been corrupt/missing/whatever and is now working perfectly. Just need to be steadfast and patient.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2010-12-06 19:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

update 47.dat is kicking my *** ; ;

edit: ugh.... finally got past that. 768 files to d/l though ><.

anyway wanted to say thx for the rest of the d/l. it truly did save time xD

Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-12-06 19:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got my .rar file uploaded. I might be missing 2 files. I was missing 8, and it downloaded a couple of the same files twice.

I need a guinea pig to test it out for me. =P

(all 3 of my machines are updated now so I can't test the .rar anymore)

http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/patches/20101206.rar
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-06 20:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i was going to send you a message about the update files because the servers are very busy atm, it's almost impossible to do update using POL, <3 thanks so much for the effort
 Asura.Angelswrath
Server: Asura
By Asura.Angelswrath 2010-12-06 20:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

D:patch.txt!!! *** to you!!!

It's been spanking my PC for a few hours now... Probably PO traffic ><

*tableflip!
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-12-06 20:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Angelswrath said:
D:patch.txt!!! *** to you!!!

It's been spanking my PC for a few hours now... Probably PO traffic ><

*tableflip!

http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/patches/patch.txt
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-12-07 02:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I downloaded .rar from the original Megaupload link on page 1, and its been at the "checking Final Fantasy XI version.." screen for 12hrs (let it run while I was at work). I didn't read thru all of the last 5pgs yet so not sure if anyone else has had this problem. I'm gonna close and try again.

EDIT: wouldn't even let me cancel out of the version check, I had to X out.

EDIT 2: Now its doing a file check, we'll see what happens

EDIT 3: All is good. Now I just have to track down updated UI mod. Can you tell I'm bored?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-12-07 06:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I'm downloading it now.. Its 7:40 a.m here.. I wanted to be safe than sorry.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-07 10:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl, i *** something up proper. Got it working fine, till i hit Ulegrande range abyssea. There were mobs up the ramp near the imps (i think they were mobs... they aggrod me but it was just names zooming around the gruond!) that was the first time i noticed something was weird. Then it used a TP move and crashed POL.

All in all? Uninstalling FFXI. Side note: Dont be impatient, download it through POL.