Update Files
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-12-06 15:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Downloaded the files directly, copied. checked and up and running. Got the Mog Sack already too, but a warning to those who use UI mods such as XIview and XIvision:

It seems they goof up the Mog House menus. Everything from Delivery Box and below has moved down a slot (I'm assuming because of the addition of the Mog Sack) so things aren't labeled correctly, plus the slot that was actually supposed to be added is not there, so I'm assuming you lose the option to "Open Mog."

Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Where did you get your files from?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-12-06 15:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

I wonder why S-E chooses to do it this way then ... since it's been proven time, and time, and time again to be a horribly flawed process.

Because obviously their way is right, cause they can do no wrong, you know?

/sarcasm

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Riddick
Server: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2010-12-06 15:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant get by file 1750 on POL. Keeps giving me connection error after it checks files over and over again. This is gonna be a long long night. Been trying to do this for 3 hours now. I <3 SE. 1763/1763 left.....
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-12-06 15:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Downloaded the files directly, copied. checked and up and running. Got the Mog Sack already too, but a warning to those who use UI mods such as XIview and XIvision:

It seems they goof up the Mog House menus. Everything from Delivery Box and below has moved down a slot (I'm assuming because of the addition of the Mog Sack) so things aren't labeled correctly, plus the slot that was actually supposed to be added is not there, so I'm assuming you lose the option to "Open Mog."

Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Where did you get your files from?
http://champloo.org/p061210/
Bart had provided the link earlier, so thank him. :)
It was the only one that worked properly for me.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-12-06 15:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
26% and nearly 4 hours on the ETA. It's nothing new. EU players always get the crumbs when it comes to the update cake :(

uk 4.5 hours here on xbox on a 4mb connection...best thing about it is the info in POL says the file is onry 157mb.
should take 10 mins if that.normaly cap my line out when downloading,fecking hate ffxi updates
i remember once i did an update on ffxi the other year for 15 hours!

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-12-06 15:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I did notice that POL would give me connection errors after the update, though I don't believe its actually my connection. Upon hitting "Retry" a few times it will eventually go through the Check Version process and continue to the login screen, so if you get the same errors coming back just keep trying.
 Lakshmi.Aequis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aequis
By Lakshmi.Aequis 2010-12-06 15:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just same-old, same-old bottlenecking on maintenance day. I'm also stuck with five files to go and I've been trying 20 minutes. Stops at random percentages on the "Downloading the latest version's information" screen. When I do get past that, it gets stuck on D:file.txt and I have to re-try.
 Siren.Verona
Server: Siren
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2010-12-06 15:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

PHASE 1 COMPLETE.
Let me get a bottle of rum and some biscuits. I'll report back in a few hours.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-06 15:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
I did notice that POL would give me connection errors after the update, though I don't believe its actually my connection. Upon hitting "Retry" a few times it will eventually go through the Check Version process and continue to the login screen, so if you get the same errors coming back just keep trying.

Such a horribly annoying process.
You get the version update started, and everything starts off smoothly running, then @ some random status % bar number, the update just farts out and splatters.
Cancel.
Retry.
Starts again smoothly ... again farts and splatters out shortly thereafter.

I feel like when I was a teenager calling Ticketmaster @ 10 AM on a Saturday morning when concert tickets went on sale. Back then, no one bought tickets on the internet, so everyone slammed the phone lines all at once when sales started.

Busy signal ... busy signal ... busy signal ... busy signal .....

One would REALLY think S-E could craft a technical/hardware solution for these update congestion problems ... it happens EVERY update, for years.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-12-06 15:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for hosting the working ffximain.dll file Bartimaeus, that was the only one that had issues I believe.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-12-06 15:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:

i was reading the file i9nfo earlyer before the update in POL view and it gave 2 error codes saying if you get one of those the traffic on the servers is high,forgive me though because i have forgot the codes and can't check as i have 1300 files to go :(
 Cerberus.Baleoce
Server: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2010-12-06 15:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to destroy D:file.txt
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-06 15:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get an FTABLE.DAT?!

Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-12-06 15:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

Such a horribly annoying process.
You get the version update started, and everything starts off smoothly running, then @ some random status % bar number, the update just farts out and splatters.
Cancel.
Retry.
Starts again smoothly ... again farts and splatters out shortly thereafter.

I feel like when I was a teenager calling Ticketmaster @ 10 AM on a Saturday morning when concert tickets went on sale. Back then, no one bought tickets on the internet, so everyone slammed the phone lines all at once when sales started.

Busy signal ... busy signal ... busy signal ... busy signal .....

One would REALLY think S-E could craft a technical/hardware solution for these update congestion problems ... it happens EVERY update, for years.
Actually what I was referring to happens after the update itself is done. Whenever I fire up POL and go to enter the game it does a Check Version before POL closes out and the XI Disclaimer screen pops up.

I noticed that after the update I would hang when I hit "Play" and the Check Version screen would come back with an error saying there was no connection. I can understand the connections dropping because of the traffic from people who are currently updating, but that isn't the problem in my case. I manually updated my files and I'm already logged in. I just didn't expect to run into this issue while trying to log into the game itself. Its never happened on any of the previous manual updates I've done.

Either way it was easily remedied by just hitting Retry. Only had to do it twice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-12-06 15:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i finally got in!

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-06 15:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Few hours of sleep once I got it started, good idea? no, it had stopped of course. 5 hours remaining again /joy.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-12-06 15:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all better off just using the direct download method. I can walk people through installation if need be. I was updated and logged in roughly 25min vs. 4+ hours. :\

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-12-06 15:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been stuck at 98% and it seems its a .txt file.......

It's all the rage, when ppl want to rush in and get a claim on a mob they will start to claim its theirs....

I'm still pressing retry....I'll likely justw ait till 6.am tomororw, b.c its not a big deal to me. I was just working on my Magian trials up in Mount Zaylom at the Halvung Staging point.

No Biggies....
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-12-06 15:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
You're all better off just using the direct download method. I can walk people through installation if need be. I was updated and logged in roughly 25min vs. 4+ hours. :\

Im on xbox, its jumped to 08:51:03 lol ... 7mb connection speed meh.

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-12-06 15:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Baleoce said:
I want to destroy D:file.txt

I'll double team it with you. 90 minutes later, and it finally got past this file.
By Texasprincess 2010-12-06 15:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a link to files to date? i also had a bad experience and it somehow erased all my prev files... (Help me out!)
Server: Odin
By Odin.Tempelshine 2010-12-06 15:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

on 5/5 after loaded Update from BG..

and who wonder stuck on file.txt ---_---