Empyrean weapons
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Eliane
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-03 11:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering quickly, will ffxiah place empyrean weapons on player profiles similar to Relic/Mythic weapons in the future? Or will this be ever added?
[+]
 Caitsith.Aredhel
Server: Caitsith
user: Aredhel
By Caitsith.Aredhel 2010-12-03 11:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Good question: Also wondering if Captain Assault rank will ever be available on FFXIah. O.o

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-12-03 11:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

and why not all magians weapons ?w
empyrean are not so hard to get : get a ls and raid abyssea.
its worth weeks of patience for most of them...except 2 or 3 who get a really shitty drop rate.
nothin to compare with relics who ask YEARS to finish.
(i'm still surprise some ls doin dynamis srly...srly whats the interest for commons peoples now...)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 11:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah can I get my Magian trial weapons that required VNM trophies added too?

It took me longer to finish some of them than it took people to finish their masamune.
[+]
By NekoKitten 2010-12-03 11:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
nothin to compare with relics who ask YEARS to finish.

Over dramatic about the time, you can finish a relic in a month tops if you go all out to purchase the currency and get some from doing dynamis runs. If you run a successful shell that still absues some of the HNMs that are worth gear, or worth selling the r.ex items too you can bump out relics even faster.

Or if your LS is capabale of downing AV, that is another huge supply of gil, sure you have to find a buyer, but there is always someone looking to buy stuff, so with time, its easy to flood your pocket with the gil needed to hit relic / mythic amount.. Hell a shell I was in back on Ragnarok would make 80-150mil a day, and all of it would be used for relics, cause at that time there were no empyrean weapons! Averaged about 3 relics a month, just bought all the currency regaurdless of price if it was reasonable.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-12-03 11:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you just need some skilled players for down AV with Alexander trick, items downed a lot...
Anyway if we go with gils Relics have always been a HUGE spent of money, empyrean are not even close to them.
i can only see Glavoid shell to be really expenssive...but you can trio it so cant be so hard if you camp it seriously.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 11:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Relics certainly don't require more *work* than emps, A website can get you a relic.. The only weapons in this game I believe are difficult to obtain are mythics, those are awful.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 11:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant buying gil.
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2010-12-03 12:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me 18 monthes to finish my relic, that was doing 4 Dynamis runs a week with 2 characters; I got to sponsor some runs with one group and other sold discounted 100s to members.

It took me a week to get to Abyssea drop stage on Empyrean Weapon, with a small group can get the other drops fairly easily and much shorter amount of time.

From what I see so far Empyrean Weapons blow Relic/Mythic Weapons out of the water, it's not even close with seeing both GKT and GAXE in action I can say they are seriously broken and are so much easier to get than Relic/Mythic Weapons and I'm not even counting the Magian Trials of wanting to bang my head against the wall 6,000 ws kills which that alone takes much longer to do than the trials for Empyrean Weapons XD

I seriously hope Relic/Mythic have a bigger boost coming, otherwise I can't even understand why anyone would do them (other than shield and horn, which even that may change) anymore...
 Alexander.Heretic
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Heretic 2010-12-03 12:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There are still those ridiulous trials for relic weapons... you can't forget those becase those make the relics.. well not crap.
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 12:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

But who has the right to gauge the difficulty of these weapons, someone could have spent 2 years on relic just as easily as someone who bought gil for one. Someone coul have had a 6 man farm for carabosse, while I had to quad box. Its all open for discussion.

edit: relic trials really suck, they are a shame.
 Cerberus.Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-03 12:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand the time taken for both of these weapons is a massive difference. But still, these such weapons are an accomplishment in its own, not every player is going to own one, and these are unique weapons, was just a suggestion.
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-12-03 12:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
(i'm still surprise some ls doin dynamis srly...srly whats the interest for commons peoples now...)

A fair decent amount of relic is still quite useful, Monk and Samurai hands are so far irreplacable, BLM/BLU bodies are good for idle (for blu when not meleeing) for the refresh. Probably some others are good too, just not that I can think of off the top of my head.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 12:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

These weapons really aren't an accomplishment. There's a guy in my linkshell that has two and is working on a third now. He'll have the third done before year end and probably start working on a fourth. If you can finish 3-4 relics in a 3-4 month span (without pulling out the credit card) you are an abomination (or you are exploiting the ***out of a very profitable LS full of morons).

Sure not all players will have one, personally I haven't enjoyed the game enough as of late to even care enough to try. I do the routine LS abyssea run a couple nights a week, and the rest of the time I'm on WoW or studying.

The gil buying reference is stupid. You can buy gil to buy a relic, you can buy an account with a relic, you can buy an account already with an empyrean. None of that has any relevance.
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 12:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats stupid about it, people buy gil, gil buys currency, if you can find an empyrean account for sale. *You cant/wont* I'll retract my statement, point being, its damn near impossible to buy an empyrean while its much easier with relic, not saying that all relic users bought gil, but I'm probably not far off.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 12:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Your point is still irrelevant Sin. You can buy gil. You can buy trophies with that gil.

Technically anything in the game can be purchased with your credit card one way or the other. So it's still irrelevant.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-03 13:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason Empyrean weapons are so good and much much easier to obtain is because with the lvl increase and all, SE officially changed gamestyle.

The game used to require a lot more time to reach "perfection" on a single job because it was meant to be an achievement only few, dedicated or hardcore players would be able to reach.
Nowadays, game mechanics and playstyle have been changed to favor as many players as possible, with as few players having to team up as possible.
It's become much like a solo game, the kind of game you play alone until the end.

This is obviously upsetting for all the oldschool players who saw all their hard work get beaten by someone in just a few hours, and although I believe there's nothing wrong with speeding up the game, I honestly find it unfair to hold down the oldschool top guns by forcing them to go through painful trials such as the 1500-2000 WS kills required to upgrade relics.
If the game has been sped up then why the hell slow down those who have already endured painfully timetaking quests once more?

Not to mention the fact that even after those absurd trials, relic weapons may still come 2nd to 3rd on the top list.

Back to topic, I don't think Empyreans should be regarded as significant as relics on the merit scale.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-03 13:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

On the other hand, for some people, getting a relic or mythic is extremely far out of reach, and an empyrean is a significant challenge that they would be proud to accomplish. I have zero clue how the rating system on ffxiah.com breaks down, but I would imagine that they could be included, and if "they" decide to, the amount it affects your score could be less than a mythic or relic.

And anyway, it isn't as if a lot of the other achievements can't be powered through, or cheated, or whatever. In the end, it's how you feel about your accomplishments that matter.

Or something like that. :D
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 13:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

With emps being for the most part, stronger than their relic counterparts, why should they have less significance, because they are more *difficult* to get? Who measures how easy or how hard it is for someone to get a emp or relic. The root of getting a relic is gil, plain and simple. With mythics, you still need captain, need to redo 50 assaults, get 3 low drop rate trophies. With emps, gotta spend hours in abyssea fighting the same mob over and over. *Kinda like the relic trials.*

Is it dependent on hard it is for someone to obtain currency? I still believe that mythics are the more difficult out of either relic or emps, and those are not posted.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-03 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This begs the question...do you really need to show the entire website you have one of these weapons and deserve some sort of points?
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 13:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
This begs the question...do you really need to show the entire website you have one of these weapons and deserve some sort of points?

Hey, you don't park a Ferrari in the garage....
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-03 13:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:
With emps being for the most part, stronger than their relic counterparts, why should they have less significance, because they are more *difficult* to get? Who measures how easy or how hard it is for someone to get a emp or relic. The root of getting a relic is gil, plain and simple. With mythics, you still need captain, need to redo 50 assaults, get 3 low drop rate trophies. With emps, gotta spend hours in abyssea fighting the same mob over and over. *Kinda like the relic trials.*

Is it dependent on hard it is for someone to obtain currency? I still believe that mythics are the more difficult out of either relic or emps, and those are not posted.

Fighting the same mob over and over for 50 times isn't like having to WS kill 1500 of them. You underestimate the fact that achieving the final stages of mythics and relics to simply try and keep up with empyreans is terrifying.

I'll agree mythics are harder, to some extent, than relics, which are still harder than empyrean though.
Relic weapons involve lots of gil, for sure, but don't forget that unless someone provides the market with currency (same as with alexandrite), the point of buying ancient currency is flawed by the fact you'll have to go get it yourself.

Empyreans are great, but I'd feel like congratulating a relic/mythic owner more for his achievement.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 13:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually agree with you on this one Harp. But some people want to show off, so eh I guess why not.

I have to wonder the percentage of players that still play the game because they thoroughly enjoy it compared to those that still play to get shinies to show off.

Do these forums have a polling feature?
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 13:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:

Fighting the same mob over and over for 50 times isn't like having to WS kill 1500 of them. You underestimate the fact that achieving the final stages of mythics and relics to simply try and keep up with empyreans is terrifying.

I'll agree mythics are harder, to some extent, than relics, which are still harder than empyrean though.
Relic weapons involve lots of gil, for sure, but don't forget that unless someone provides the market with currency (same as with alexandrite), the point of buying ancient currency is flawed by the fact you'll have to go get it yourself.

Empyreans are great, but I'd feellike congratulating a relic/mythic owner more for his achievement.

I agree with the market having to supply the currency if you go the straight gil route, but if you're not going that route, that means you're going on cost of glass alone, that's 500k for a relic. as far as killing mobs go to improve relic/mythics. Tahrongi Canyon emps are by far the hardest to achieve, with gold chest farming, you're looking at killing more than 1500 mobs to get those pop sets.

And when I started my emp weapon, I was extremely low on stones, so I had to farm time as well as kill nms, I would have much rather do 1500 fudo kill shots with Masamune than having a claim war at heqet aery.
 Cerberus.Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-03 13:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:

Empyreans are great, but I'd feellike congratulating a relic/mythic owner more for his achievement.

I agree with the market having to supply the currency if you go the straight gil route, but if you're not going that route, that means you're going on cost of glass alone, that's 500k for a relic. as far as killing mobs go to improve relic/mythics. Tahrongi Canyon emps are by far the hardest to achieve, with gold chest farming, you're looking at killing more than 1500 mobs to get those pop sets.

And when I started my emp weapon, I was extremely low on stones, so I had to farm time as well as kill nms, I would have much rather do 1500 fudo kill shots with Masamune than having a claim war at heqet aery.

This SO SO much.

Im 16/50 on my Masamune, and frog often sees 10+ people there per window. Its stupid...
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 13:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Because everyone realized they could do a masamune easily with 3 people. It's going to be this way for a while till everyone that wants one gets one.

Before the craze, people were finishing their masamune in a matter of days. People that were on the game all day anyway.
First Page 2 3