Empyrean weapons
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-03 13:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
These weapons really aren't an accomplishment. There's a guy in my linkshell that has two and is working on a third now. He'll have the third done before year end and probably start working on a fourth. If you can finish 3-4 relics in a 3-4 month span (without pulling out the credit card) you are an abomination (or you are exploiting the ***out of a very profitable LS full of morons). Sure not all players will have one, personally I haven't enjoyed the game enough as of late to even care enough to try. I do the routine LS abyssea run a couple nights a week, and the rest of the time I'm on WoW or studying. The gil buying reference is stupid. You can buy gil to buy a relic, you can buy an account with a relic, you can buy an account already with an empyrean. None of that has any relevance.
I think your LS needs to help all its players instead of working all their *** off for one person. You dont need that many weapons for 1 person. You cuold have 4 people with a weapon each which would get you further than 1 person with 4 weapons. that person is selfish.
 Asura.Antaress
Server: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2010-12-03 13:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Frog camp became the new DA, true =/
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 13:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That person is doing most of the work outside of the LS. The only benefit he has received is the sobek skins and cireon lanterns (that he spent his accumulated points on, and that everyone else had the option to do). I spent my points on upgrading 6 pairs of pants to +2 while he worked on his weapons. He did all of the trophies in the first three zones with no one from the linkshell at all.

He also speaks japanese and english, so he's able to take full advantage of shouts.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-03 13:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
That person is doing most of the work outside of the LS. The only benefit he has received is the sobek skins and cireon lanterns (that he spent his accumulated points on, and that everyone else had the option to do). I spent my points on upgrading 6 pairs of pants to +2 while he worked on his weapons. He did all of the trophies in the first three zones with no one from the linkshell at all.

He also speaks japanese and english, so he's able to take full advantage of shouts.

Pay close attention to this Post Anta.

Don't do that to us Anta :(

Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 14:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've upgraded 8 +2s and I'm working on my 9th now. I've also obtained a ton of ***free lot. Not sure what you think is wrong with a point based system, but that's for another thread.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-03 14:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Yeah can I get my Magian trial weapons that required VNM trophies added too?

It took me longer to finish some of them than it took people to finish their masamune.

You seem upset, wanna talk about it?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 14:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not upset, but that's the typical response around these parts. Also, you didn't include a "u mad" picture. Does your douchebaggery not last till the afternoon hours?

Oh wait you're from Asura, makes sense.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-03 14:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I'm not upset, but that's the typical response around these parts. Also, you didn't include a "u mad" picture. Does your douchebaggery not last till the afternoon hours?

lol
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-03 14:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

At least he isn't so lame to seriously break up a gaming community and create a stereotype for each server.

Us here Asurans Take offense to that there edumacated persons talk.

Thems be fighting words here on Assura.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-03 14:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

Mad
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-03 14:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

clearly mad
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 14:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-03 14:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

But really, your comment was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Pinning vnms =/= empyrean weapons, dont be so jealous.. its not healthy '-')/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 14:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not talking about Ruthven, and I'm not jealous. I dual boxed carabosse last night just to try it, and I've solo'd CC on rdm already, so don't pretend a masamune is difficult.

But if you do know ways to pin Blobdinag by all means let me know. That would be the only useful thing you bring to the thread so far.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eliane
Server: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-03 14:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Antaress said:

Wish i had the SS, Orobon ??? was camped 2 days ago by about 5 groups as well. Its both becoming like the old DA
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 14:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Not talking about Ruthven, and I'm not jealous. I dual boxed carabosse last night just to try it, and I've solo'd CC on rdm already, so don't pretend a masamune is difficult.

But if you do know ways to pin Blobdinag by all means let me know. That would be the only useful thing you bring to the thread so far.

So you've duo'd carabosse once, and solo'd CC on rdm once, and you claim a emp is easy to get? Why don't you have one yet...
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-03 14:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

Keep up the good work
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 14:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eliane said:
Asura.Antaress said:

Wish i had the SS, Orobon ??? was camped 2 days ago by about 5 groups as well. Its both becoming like the old DA

Have fun, gonna need at least 25 of these! I dont wanna talk about the 3 groups camping the right side.

[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-03 14:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf... What pops there that has that many people camping it? Please god dont say Heqet.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-12-03 14:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
wtf... What pops there that has that many people camping it? Please god dont say Heqet.
Indeed it is for Heqet, considering he holds 1 KI pop for Cirein-croin. :\
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-03 14:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Heqets aery, its fascinating aint it.
 Cerberus.Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-03 14:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:
Cerberus.Eliane said:
Asura.Antaress said:

Have fun, gonna need at least 25 of these! I dont wanna talk about the 3 groups camping the right side.

Lol, im 16/50 at the moment, frog is sometimes up during late hours for me and up unclaimed, but JP primetime, EU primetime its camped like this pic..
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-03 14:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have maybe 4 Heqet KIs in my ls >_> he's almost always up. Your server is lame.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-03 15:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I love about Abyssea. SE advocates the easy access for more players then creates a bottleneck timed NM that everyone fights over for the KI trigger. You get Squib's Domain, Gore Bat's Aery, and Valley of the Peiste in Mis Coast. I'm starting to have nightmares about trying to claim that Damn Peiste for Sobek. We even offer to give the seals/quest items away but people still wanna solo and can't even trigger a red/yellow/blue !!!

On top of that, since only the claimer gets the Key Item...fun fun.

But addressing all the mad achievement people. Who cares about epeen pixels scores on ffxiah? That system is so skewed all you'd have to do really is get a bunch of relics, get some shiny pixels, and then stand on top of your coach in the living room and puff out your chest. Just don't let your mom catch you doing it.

The satisfaction of achieving personal goals should be enough, but folks always have to prove something to other people on the internet I guess.
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Server: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-12-03 15:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eliane said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:
Cerberus.Eliane said:
Asura.Antaress said:
Lol, im 16/50 at the moment, frog is sometimes up during late hours for me and up unclaimed, but JP primetime, EU primetime its camped like this pic..

HAHA Gukumatz is camped the same way on our server. Except everyone is invisible. Find it hilarious sometimes when you see a train of peistes chasing someone because they forgot to reapply their invis.
 Cerberus.Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-03 15:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tsujikiri said:

HAHA Gukumatz is camped the same way on our server. Except everyone is invisible. Find it hilarious sometimes when you see a train of peistes chasing someone because they forgot to reapply their invis.

Reminds me of the old Aspid camps..
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-12-03 19:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all empyreans are super cake to get, Mostly just Kannagi and masa and any others on those paths, Imo.
 Sylph.Zenairis
Server: Sylph
user: Altairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2010-12-03 20:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget relics are becoming easier to obtain as well it won't be long before Dynamis can easily be 4 manned (or less) and the TH buff only furthers currency drop rates, I've known LS's that have gained over 1.1k total coins in a single Dynamis run that's roughly 1/18th of a relic in terms of coins and this was back during the 75 cap. I don't see putting Empyrean's up as achievements as a bad thing some people spend months obtaining them its mainly people who have dedicated LS's to helping them that have obtained Empyrean's in week's or less.

Edit: Excluding Magian'd relic's unless the achievement system is changed for that. Above all relic's and mythic's are still among the hardest things to obtain in the game with trials included.
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
Server: Leviathan
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-12-03 21:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I know Masa and Kannagi are fairly easy... But I did Ukonvasara, and man... 50 Glavoid Shells was a pain in the ***... Then having to kill Tunga over and over for Itzpaplotl pops... Man that chigoe blows.