Forum » FFXI » General » Thoughts on the December update notes:
Thoughts on the December update notes:
First Page 2 3 4
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-01 08:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Another update with plenty of whining and moaning about which jobs *didn't* get an uber upgrade. Boo-hoo. Wah-waaaah.

People, Red Mage isn't going to replace Paladin as an expert in damage mitigation and enmity control ... ever. Nor is Scholar going to "replace" Red Mage as a master of Enfeebling Magic ... ever. Disappointed that Thief didn't get insane melee buffs? Oh, I guess you missed the part where Thief isn't a real melee damage-dealer ... it's only been that way forever.

The only thing that will really "die" in this update is DRK subjob for mages, since Stun becomes available to BLM @ level 45. Another potentially-overlooked subjob feature is that NIN subjob will be able to cast Kurayami: Ni (lvl 44). Kurayami: Ni is (currently) the only Ninja spell that triggers yellow !! Abyssea weakness that can not be used by NIN sj.
Also, should we be shocked that WAR got a fairly nice new JA? No, we shouldn't. All the other 2-hand melee classes will now have the ability to use Aggressor (WAR lvl 45) with WAR sj. Only fair that WAR main-job gets a little boost, right?
As a "career" BLM, I admit to being jealous/peeved about Scholar receiving native Stoneskin/Blink, but to be honest, S-E probably should have given those spells to SCH from the beginning. It remains to be seen if Light Arts will be required to access Stoneskin/Blink for SCH. Elemental Celerity and Enmity Douse look promising, and we all know BLMs have been pining for Blizzard V!
I'm a little disappointed that Store TP V isn't making an appearance for SAM, but it still may happen en route to lvl 99.

The only job/group that probably was legitimately treated unfairly in this update is Dark Knight. They'll just have to take solace in Aggressor @ lvl 90, and/or maybe actually learn how to use Sekkanoki (last update) with SAM sj. And don't forget this, and this, and we've yet to see DRK AF3 hands stats.

And who doesn't love the idea of a "TH" shot for Ranger?
Also, COR/RNG can soon look forward to Velocity Shot (RNG lvl 45), which could be very useful.

Can't wait to see if MNK subjob becomes more viable (Subtle Blow III and Counterstance are MNK lvl 45), especially in Abyssea when combined with Atmas of the Gnarled Horn and Strangling Wind.

Overall, awesome-looking update.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-01 08:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
People, Red Mage isn't going to replace Paladin as an expert in damage mitigation and enmity control ... ever.

RDM has always been better at damage mitigation and until the tanking nerf, was better at enmity control. Nowadays in Abyssea you could argue RDM is ahead again, due to infinite mp/power of nukes etc.

Quote:
Disappointed that Thief didn't get insane melee buffs? Oh, I guess you missed the part where Thief isn't a real melee damage-dealer ... it's only been that way forever.

Yeah, completely justified that DNC should outDD it.

Quote:
Also, should we be shocked that WAR got a fairly nice new JA? No, we shouldn't. All the other 2-hand melee classes will now have the ability to use Aggressor (WAR lvl 45) with WAR sj. Only fair that WAR main-job gets a little boost, right?

Why would 2handers use that over /sam? WAR has NO reason to receive a boost. If anything, it needs a hefty nerf.

Quote:
The only job/group that probably was legitimately treated unfairly in this update is Dark Knight.

DRK is an utterly worthless job.

Quote:
And who doesn't love the idea of a "TH" shot for Ranger?
Also, COR/RNG can soon look forward to Velocity Shot (RNG lvl 45), which could be very useful.

I think RNGs would much prefer their damage output gets fixed.
[+]
By Ragerok 2010-12-01 08:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Did i miss something or is Pup excluded from this update?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-01 08:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not war or mnk, doesn't matter.
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-12-01 08:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow i feel really bad for those who bought Raise 3 thinking us schs got it this time around lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-01 08:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cohan said:
Wow i feel really bad for those who bought Raise 3 thinking us schs got it this time around lol
Lmao. Kinda like PUP getting A-rating H2H and suddenly B+.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-01 08:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cohan said:

they'd be stupid at the cost of the spell to do so.
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-12-01 08:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Sylph.Cohan said:
Lmao. Kinda like PUP getting A-rating H2H and suddenly B+.
Well i mean ppl have been buying it up, was like 5k and now its around 400k on Sylph. To bad these ppl didnt have marthas "insider" to avoid that mess lol
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-01 08:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much my face when i saw the SAM JA.

At least they didn't give me a buff to parry and lower my parry skill to E (loldrk derp).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-01 08:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE, my warrior has put you on the Christmas card mailing list again. Sorry after sam onry you can't join our nyzul run or w/e, i'm enjoying all my new toys ^^. Carry on SE, and please feel free to stop by the mead hall for some spirits with the battle hardened warriors.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-01 09:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

sch got buffed like crazy
 Fairy.Arck
Server: Fairy
user: Arck
By Fairy.Arck 2010-12-01 09:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE
DRKs need new ***. thank you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-01 09:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

strangling wind?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-01 10:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So like it /sch still going to be good for WHM? Or do I finally have to level RDM for a sub?
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-12-01 10:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE, PLD is dead, I feel alone.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-01 10:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
I love PLD, was my one and only for a year. Then leveled WAR for meripos and other events. Eventually choose WHM to level as a mage job. Playing on WAR and WHM for so long, I miss PLD.

Bring it back!
 Cerberus.Sey
Server: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-12-01 10:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Mage Lv.87 Shield Mastery.

Lol SE

<---Insert troll face here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-12-01 10:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

all i have to say is DRG!!!!
 Cerberus.Sey
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-12-01 10:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine if SCH gets Gravity. SCH/NIN would be king.
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-01 10:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sey said:
Imagine if SCH gets Gravity. SCH/NIN would be king.

Nah, they'd need Haste too along with several other spells to out RDM a RDM.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 10:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Leviathan.Rihoko said:
I love PLD, was my one and only for a year. Then leveled WAR for meripos and other events. Eventually choose WHM to level as a mage job. Playing on WAR and WHM for so long, I miss PLD.

Bring it back!

If a pld had a decent DD build I wouldn't mind low manning with them. Just having them hit for 10 damage a swing with 200 damage ws doesn't sit with me. In abyssea I'd imagine VB not being too shabby. It's just that, most plds don't realize that they can do damage somewhat and rely on JAs and spells for hate.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-01 10:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah hopefully at 85-90 now I can finally low man a climb to floor 100 for atonement.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 11:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Yeah hopefully at 85-90 now I can finally low man a climb to floor 100 for atonement.

Come to bahamut >_> I've been wanting to make a 3-4 man static to get nyzul 100.
 Seraph.Pjohn
Server: Seraph
user: Pjohn
By Seraph.Pjohn 2010-12-01 11:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sey said:
Red Mage Lv.87 Shield Mastery.

Lol SE

<---Insert troll face here.

Could it be SE will let RDM tank again?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-01 11:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

wtF at no cure5 for rdms.........................
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-01 11:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Leviathan.Rihoko said:

Bring it back!

If a pld had a decent DD build I wouldn't mind low manning with them. Just having them hit for 10 damage a swing with 200 damage ws doesn't sit with me. In abyssea I'd imagine VB not being too shabby. It's just that, most plds don't realize that they can do damage somewhat and rely on JAs and spells for hate.

What PLD's do you know, they are not great DD's but they do more than 10 points of damage.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 11:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Leviathan.Rihoko said:

Bring it back!

What PLD's do you know, they are not great DD's but they do more than 10 points of damage.

I don't care about them being great. I just don't want them to be detrimental.

Only plds I've seen have been in exp pts (and a few past ls), and they blow. With RR and an ah VB build they should be doing decent numbers. Most people in pickup pts don't even gear swap, though. So I suppose that's not a good display of the job.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2010-12-01 11:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

COR getting skillchain damage+ roll instead of weaponskill damage+ roll is lame.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4