Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-11-30 19:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said:

Respectfully disagree, I don't mind ^_^

My one gripe about Cure VI is that it doesn't add much more HP to the table compared to the amount of additional MP it requires. At this point in time for myself, each jump in Cure tier is basically doubling the amount of HP recovered by doubling the MP cost. Unfortunately, Cure VI doesn't follow that trend, and the amount of HP it heals is not proportional the amount of MP spent. I currently hit 980 Cure V's in my current setup, which means (by my own estimates, I don't macro Cure VI >.>) my capped Cure VI's would be about 1,200-1,250. That isn't a significant boost for the 227 MP cost associated with it. My most MP efficient Cure is still Cure V through and through. Unless they plan to change how Cure VI totals are calculated, I personally don't intend to use Cure VI very often, and Cure V works just fine.

With that in mind, by giving RDMs Cure V, you've now taken away WHMs main healing spell once more. Where does that leave WHMs? In the same position it was before where RDMs can basically do everything a WHM can and better.

In alliance situations, RDMs should be assisting in the heals of a main healer (usually a WHM due to their massive Cures and potency), not assuming the role of a main healer. RDMs A+ Enfeebling skill is a clear indication that SE wanted RDMs to support via debilitating their targets. I honestly don't think RDMs are shafted because there are other roles they can fulfill, and they are still one of the most versatile classes in the game, following the trend since FFI that RDMs are a "Jack of all trades, master of none".
[+]