New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Increase Rate of Combat and Magic Skill Ups
Increase Rate of Combat and Magic Skill Ups
First Page 2
By Shizoku 2010-11-28 14:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion the rate of skill up is becoming ridiculous. With Level Sync and Abyssea there were no measures added to keep skills from drastically falling behind. I am submitting some feedback regarding this issue to SE because I have seen this work in the past (when enough people submit the same type of feedback). I encourage you to do the same if this is an issue that concerns you.

If you don't feel like drafting your own message, feel free to copy mine:
Quote:
I would like to suggest that Combat and Magic Skills be adjusted so that they will increase at a much faster rate.

This has been a growing issue since Level Sync was added to the game, and has been even more apparent with addition of the Abyssea add-ons.

Many alliances are reaching experience rates of 50,000 experience points per hour or more and it is becoming harder and harder to keep certain skills up to par. This is especially true with Enhancing Magic, Healing Magic, Parry, Guard and Shield.

I would ask that you please seriously consider increasing the rate for Combat and Magic Skills in an upcoming update to alleviate this. Thank for for your time.
Thanks for your help. Feel free to pass this message around, and hopefully those of us who like to keep up with our Combat and Magic skills can spend our game time doing something a little more enjoyable. ^^

Here is where you can post feedback: http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1

PS: Some people have been calling me a noob or lazy, but honestly I am very good at keeping my skills capped and had nearly everything but parry (which was 3 levels from capped) capped. However, it's a huge time sink and a lot of people are agreeing with me, even if they aren't as adamant about skill ups as I.

I have gotten a good amount of people to send in feedback to SE so far, and hopefully some who have read this have sent Feedback. I encourage you to post a reply if you did, perhaps with a suggestion on how you think they can remedy the situation. If you are skeptical about anything being changed, I don't blame you, but you only lose a minute of your time by sending them a feedback, so why not? If you really don't agree or don't care, its perfectly fine with me. It's a game after all, and people enjoy it in different ways. In my opinion, an increase in skill ups isn't going to hurt/anger most people though.

Please pass this on to your friends or other forums. Thanks for the replies and anyone who has already send in feedback.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-28 14:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should have capped skills automatically when you lv. And everyone should get all the AF3 +2 and a fully upgraded empyrean weapon sent to their MH as well.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-28 14:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much what Zanno said,

When the cap was 75 people were still playing years after and slowly capping skills, cant really expect to hit blue on guard for example easily between each 5 level raise update unless you do very little else but that. This isnt me saying youre noob or lazy but I just dont feel the games skilling system needs to be made easier or shorter.
[+]
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2010-11-28 15:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial Master

EDIT: oh rate downs, cause SE created Martial Master to help w/ skilling up. We all want to lvl 30-85 in a day or two, but God forbid we take a few hours to cap skills.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-28 15:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that hard at all. I took archery from 116 to 260ish in 1 abyssea pt. Of course there are the fortalices. And writing scripts to skillup magic
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-28 15:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I capped parry for 75 sam like 3 months before the lvl 80 update..took massive grinds in Den of Rancor pulling 1-2 mandies at a time lol... you have to WORK for your skill ups... there is a reason mine isn't capped atm for 85 sam or 85 nin... ***takes grinding just like leveling used to. No reason to change it... you want your character to be better...work for it.
[+]
 Valefor.Endlesspath
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-11-28 15:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
There would be little incentive for a job someone loves that they had been playing for 5 years to someone who just Summoner burned it in 3 days.

<What Cat said 10x.. especially now with all the aby "chest opener" jobs out there (hell, ppl dont even bother to buy gear).

Keep it right where its at... slow and painful, requiring dedication to the job.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-11-28 16:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I love seeing a smn use siphon for 50 mp return lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Ejin
Server: Leviathan
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Ejin 2010-11-28 16:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, lets make the game much more simple than its already become.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-11-28 16:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endlesspath said:

Keep it right where its at... slow and painful, requiring dedication to the job.
^This

Don't help the gimp/lazy players get better, they gotta do it on their own.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Ejin
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Ejin 2010-11-28 17:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Leviathan.Ejin said:
Yes, lets make the game much more simple than its already become.

Yeah, because the simple, mindless, and boring task of skilling up makes the game harder!
Be honest if skillups came easy and everyone had everything capped, where is skill and hard work involved? it's just another degree of seperation between casual and dedicated

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but the reason I still play this game is because things take time, and its not always an easy cruise through whatever tasks you want to complete, skilling up being one of the many. When I said that things should not be simplified it was simply my view point, as things are being made too easy.
 Leviathan.Kosal
user: Kosal
By Leviathan.Kosal 2010-11-28 18:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

@ OP go play WoW.

P.S. You're FIRED!!!!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2010-11-28 18:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
I think you should have capped skills automatically when you lv. And everyone should get all the AF3 +2 and a fully upgraded empyrean weapon sent to their MH as well.

This^^
 Bahamut.Tejas
user: Tejas
By Bahamut.Tejas 2010-11-28 18:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been trying to keep up with skills by offering to pull for abyssea pt's. If its blm ss blink grav sleep rinse repeat. On dnc parry and evasion get up there real quick pulling for mandie pt. I mean I hate having to skill up, but at least with these two I am not logging on and off in the tree for weeks on end, actually feels like easy mode already?
[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-28 18:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Valefor.Endlesspath said:

^This

Don't help the gimp/lazy players get better, they gotta do it on their own.

Little to do with gimps, and simply to do with how hard it is to skill some skills up, such as Enhancing and Healing.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-11-28 18:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It was totally hard to cap skills up to lvl 75 cap. I sat in the tree skilling up the weapon on steelshells for 3-5+ hours. Only healed using Drain Samba II. Afked and didn't pay any attention. ***was so difficult, you don't even know.

It's basically the same thing now. Skilling up is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as *** and boring. Sure, having capped guard and parry takes longer, but they will still be *** worthless and be just as boring to skill up.

I can't believe people in this thread are talking about this as if it takes skill or effort...
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-28 18:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
It was totally hard to cap skills up to lvl 75 cap. I sat in the tree skilling up the weapon on steelshells for 3-5+ hours... It's basically the same thing now... I can't believe people in this thread are talking about this as if it takes effort...

Contradiction much?

Just pointing out because its hard to determine your standpoint lol.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-11-28 18:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT time = skill
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-11-28 18:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
It was totally hard to cap skills up to lvl 75 cap. I sat in the tree skilling up the weapon on steelshells for 3-5+ hours... It's basically the same thing now... I can't believe people in this thread are talking about this as if it takes effort...

Contradiction much?

Just pointing out because its hard to determine your standpoint lol.

Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or just acting that way? Obviously I was being sarcastic at first. Guess that goes over some people.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-28 18:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Contradiction much? Just pointing out because its hard to determine your standpoint lol.
Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or just acting that way? Obviously I was being sarcastic at first. Guess that goes over some people.

Multi tasking my bad, sarcasm can be difficult to get across at times but now I read the whole thing properly and not parts I skim read and quoted its quite blatantly obvious. Some do take effort though not skill but time/effort.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-11-28 19:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind the time you have to spend but what annoys me is there is a decided lack of places to skill up outside of abyssea. Lot of good martial master does when you are in abyssea.

I also don't mind things being hard to skill but it would be nice if things were a bit more evened out. I mean I capped my enfeeb on rdm in the same pt I hit 85 but my healing magic is still miles from capped despite the fact that I healed far more than I debuffed. I'm on rdm almost all the time and I heal all the time but it is literally a rare event when I get a skill up.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-11-28 19:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucky for you healing magic skill barely does anything anyways :D
First Page 2