Forum » FFXI » General » Increase Rate of Combat and Magic Skill Ups
Increase Rate of Combat and Magic Skill Ups
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-11-28 20:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It improves your ability to cast while taking damage. I could careless about the amount it increases the healed amount.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-28 21:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get a script or a spellcast xml to skill up healing
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-28 21:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
It's not that hard at all. I took archery from 116 to 260ish in 1 abyssea pt. Of course there are the fortalices. And writing scripts to skillup magic

Fortalices?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-28 21:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
It's not that hard at all. I took archery from 116 to 260ish in 1 abyssea pt. Of course there are the fortalices. And writing scripts to skillup magic
Fortalices?
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Zvahl_Fortalice. Gets you to the lvl 75 cap on them
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-11-28 21:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I
Bahamut.Dasva said:

I use skill up scripts, but it's just a bit ridiculous that you almost have to resort to 'cheating' to not spend your life manually skilling up. Surely that is not as intended.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-29 04:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Cheating is hardly a solution.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-11-29 06:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

EH i do not use any scripts, unless you call macros scripts. capping enfeebling and elemental is really easy on the new vt to 85 worms in aydeewa <sp> idc. Stop being lazy move your character to a spot and mindlessly hit and cast for hours till you cap or fall asleep.
[+]
 Bismarck.Fabiano
Server: Bismarck
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-11-29 07:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

in my opinion , if you take a job serios enough to level it to 85 , you should sit down and take the time to cap your skills . well guard is a *** as parry is but thats what chigoes + phalanx/pdt set are made for .

word
 Asura.Riddick
Server: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2010-11-29 07:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg.... skill ups are fine. You just need to find the correct mobb based on your level. SE already adjusted this long ago. What are you going to ask for next??? SE please level my dnc for me cause its just to hard.... really people? At least this will force people to semi learn how to play the job they just capped in two nights. SE leave it!
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-11-29 07:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have everything capped on all my jobs with the exception of Eva on thf. I have pulled and pulled for hours on thf in Abby parties and have recieved little to none. My Eva is currently 320. Have to double-check but I believe it caps at 326. Which Idk will cap me or not as I dumped merits into it because I had noplace else to put em.
 Diabolos.Ariane
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-11-29 07:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

With how quickly we can level jobs up these days, the fact that people are complaining that you have to spend a few more days skilling up is a bit ridiculous.

Abyssea caps skills just fine. I don't think it's an issue that you can't skillup to cap with each level, especially considering how fast they go by.

Just join a few more Abyssea groups after you hit 85 to get merits for your job and you'll get your skillups. It's not like it's impossible to get invites on certain jobs now like it used to be. Stick your flag up on any job and you can get into an Abyssea party.

Capped skills should be something you attain by actually using the job, not something you get by spending a few hours leveling it in Abyssea.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-29 07:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Fabiano said:
in my opinion , if you take a job serios enough to level it to 85 , you should sit down and take the time to cap your skills . well guard is a *** as parry is but thats what chigoes + phalanx/pdt set are made for .

word

those skill-ups are fine, last I checked, more than 2 magic skills exist.
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-29 12:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What ever happened to people just playing the damned game? So what it takes a while to skill up to 85. ITS F"N 85!!! Why wouldnt it take long? You think you can master something in a day? SE gives us a way to sprint to the highest level, and people are complaining that they have to go skill up. You want SE to hold your hand even more....../sigh. Real gamers are a dying breed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-29 12:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Fabiano said:

word
Maybe pre-Abyssea your comment would have made sense, but spending a few hours in Abyssea to level to 85 does not constitute taking a job "serios".

word
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard 2010-11-29 12:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I have everything capped on all my jobs with the exception of Eva on thf. I have pulled and pulled for hours on thf in Abby parties and have recieved little to none. My Eva is currently 320. Have to double-check but I believe it caps at 326. Which Idk will cap me or not as I dumped merits into it because I had noplace else to put em.

Also.. You don't have to skill up evasion merits lol. They come already added on :p
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-01 18:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:

Grab a healer buddy (pref WHM), and go to Abys Attohwa. Then head on over to the chigoe section and pull about 5-10 if them, and let them wail on you for about 1 hr.

Skilled evasion from 295-331 (THF cap), by doing this. Will def be doing this @ 90 NIN and THF as well.

For Healing/Enhancing magic, wait for a high tier Beseiged, and cure1/protect1/shell1 your favorite Captain. This skills up to 250~280 easy depending on your job's rating. Elemental/Enfeebling/Ninjutsu/Blue Magic/Dark Magic/Wind/Singing/Stringed need not be explained, just do your job normally in a ton of Abyssea events to cap to 85.

Summoning Magic, make a script or something. If you don't like cheating, spam Blood Pact: Rage on high level mobs at every opportunity for 1-3 months.

For everything else, skill up to 250 in any skill, pop your favorite choice of sushi, then hop into any assortment of Abyssea EXP. Also spam multi-hit WSes if applicable (even if they suck). Any mob will cap you easy from 250 and on.

Anyone complaining about skilling up sucks and should be happy with their underleveled, fail skill.

Only people allowed to complain are MNKs capping Guard for the sake of completion (because it's a semi useless skill in Abyssea, and the activation rate is ***poor).
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-12-01 19:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel guilty Abyssea burning jobs, skilling the weapons up makes me feels like I've done something towards it instead of it being handed to me.

You can skill from 0-300 in your own time in a few days, that's nothing in comparison to what leveling a job 1-75 was like pre sync.

We've never had it so good.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-12-01 20:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question in regards to abyssea-ing my ninja... Originally I had planned only to level it to 49 but now with abyssea's crazy exp I was thinking of leveling it all the way....
I was told not to do exactly this, because of ninjutsu skill... Should I or not? And is it really all that hard to skill up ninjutsu?
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-12-01 20:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a 75 Ninja but I guess it's like leveling elemental magic up. Just spam Ninjustu at something in an event.
[+]
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-01 20:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah just spam wheel, utsus, tonkos, and monomi, just spam everything really. you can pick out whatever you dont want to cast just to cut costs, but if gil isnt an issue cast everything you can as often as you can
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-12-01 20:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking of spamming enfeeble ninjutsu on hpemdes til I stop getting skillups, too bad sea isn't a zone affected by martial master
:<
[+]
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-01 20:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

you could just spin the elemental wheel in evasion gear on them, not like their tp moves are worth a ***
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-12-01 20:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ty both for the input much appreciated :)
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 20:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, elemental wheel is your best bet as it can't be resisted with your gimpy skills, whereas the enfeebling spells will get resisted a lot if you're underleveled. Monomi/tonko/utsu will get you *** all for much the same reason as leveling enhancing magic sucks.

Also, I didn't know about these higher level worms in aydeewa, looks like I found a place to go cap my dark magic skill :o (I know it's not hard to cap, I just didn't get around to it when I abyssea'd my blm from 60 to 85).

What do people suggest for leveling parrying? Is this where I should finally be investing in a pdt- gear set, using phalanx/cocoon and pulling a bunch of abyssea chigoes? I'm rather scared they'll eat me fast.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-01 20:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
I have a question in regards to abyssea-ing my ninja... Originally I had planned only to level it to 49 but now with abyssea's crazy exp I was thinking of leveling it all the way....
I was told not to do exactly this, because of ninjutsu skill... Should I or not? And is it really all that hard to skill up ninjutsu?

I actually key'd NIN to 85 myself (well 80 ish, then level'd up normally after skilling), and it was simple to skill up Ninjutsu (costly, but that's obvious). I skilled up on Steelshells first, then T-VT worms in Aydeewa Subterrane from about 260 to 305 ish. Then for the rest, I let Abyssea mobs take over-- sitting on 2 skill from cap as we speak.

Keep Yonin up full time and just spam elemental wheel, you'll be just fine.