Conversations in shout
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Auspice
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2010-11-25 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying when morons have conversations in shout? Do they not realize that you can send tells to talk to friends or are they really that arrogant to think that we all want to hear that their dog is pissing on their floor or that they are eating a Big Mac? Is this something completely trivial to be irked about? Maybe, but if I wanted retards shitting up my MMO space, I'd go buy a copy of WoW. Anyone else agree?

Friends don't let friends be shout douchebags.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-25 11:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Auspice said:
Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying when morons have conversations in shout? Do they not realize that you can send tells to talk to friends or are they really that arrogant to think that we all want to hear that their dog is pissing on their floor or that they are eating a Big Mac? Is this something completely trivial to be irked about? Maybe, but if I wanted retards shitting up my MMO space, I'd go buy a copy of WoW. Anyone else agree?

It's a chatmode for a reason douchebag.

Also good to know, if somebody is having a conversation in shout, according to a gm it's spam and they can be jailed/3 day suspended for it.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-11-25 11:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! SHOUTING IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-11-25 11:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Chat filters
Use them and don't complain.
But seriously even if you don't want to use filters it's not hard to ignore them unless you seriously have a huge issue with this on your server.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-11-25 11:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Joking aside meh its easy to ignore shouts and sometimes they are funny.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-25 11:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Auspice said:

"QQ I'm butthurt because I refuse to /blacklist people who annoy me and rather *** about the whole lot of them on a forum QQ"

Think I heard that right
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-11-25 11:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This

If somebody is having an argument in shout for like 15~20 mins just blist them..

can always unblist them later... if you remember >_>
 Cerberus.Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2010-11-25 11:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why the hell would I filter shouts when people use them for useful things like missions/quests/Abyssea?

Jetackuu, I counter argue that /tell is a chat mode specifically designed for having conversations with people therefore by using other chat modes you are cluttering up the game space with useless ***. Want to talk to multiple people? They have a mode for that too, it's called /linkshell.

Shiva.Spathaian said:
Chat filters
Use them and don't complain.
But seriously even if you don't want to use filters it's not hard to ignore them unless you seriously have a huge issue with this on your server.

Funny you should mention that, this topic has come up several times in my LS and in random events. "Novelty" shouts on Cerberus were nearly nonexistent until Hades merged with us. I've shared this ire with many fellow players on my server about how exponential an increase there has been of these shouts on our server since Hades came to town.

Sectumsempra, don't worry. I fully use my /blist for shout douchebags. :D

I'm merely trying to find out if there are other people that feel the same way as me and clearly there are and this isn't an exclusively Cerberus problem. lol
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-25 11:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I like talking in shout. And I/ People could care less if there talking in shout. So cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-25 11:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Auspice said:
Why the hell would I filter shouts when people use them for useful things like missions/quests/Abyssea?

Jetackuu, I counter argue that /tell is a chat mode specifically designed for having conversations with people therefore by using other chat modes you are cluttering up the game space with useless ***. Want to talk to multiple people? They have a mode for that too, it's called /linkshell.

Sectumsempra, don't worry. I fully use my /blist for shout douchebags. :D

it's not up to you to decide which chat mode somebody uses, stop your butthurt and move along.

[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-11-25 11:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I love shout conversations, I just imagine if I was in a mall or something and 2 people where trying to talk with each other. Through shouts!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-25 12:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:
I love shout conversations, I just imagine if I was in a mall or something and 2 people where trying to talk with each other. Through shouts!
Make the topic something personal and embarrassing and you'd have half an adam sandler movie, sold
like moms talking loudly about getting tampons and padds?
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-25 12:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Josiahkf said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:
Make the topic something personal and embarrassing and you'd have half an adam sandler movie, sold
/comfort
 Cerberus.Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2010-11-25 12:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

it's not up to you to decide which chat mode somebody uses, stop your butthurt and move along.

Correct but certain things are standards, like wearing pants. Yeah, you could go outside and run around screaming like a retard but it's not a social norm, it's distracting and annoying, and you'd probably get arrested.

I never imagined so many people would be this impassioned about using shouts; clearly I've struck a nerve with some of the people we on Cerberus so vehemently despise.

Asura.Poupee said:

If there were women on the Internet I'd be positive this conversation had polluted Cerberus before.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-25 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

shouting conversations are ok as long as its funny ***, because no one likes to stand around in Whitegate for 5 hours with nothing to do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-25 12:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Auspice said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Correct but certain things are standards, like wearing pants. Yeah, you could go outside and run around screaming like a retard but it's not a social norm, it's distracting and annoying, and you'd probably get arrested.

I never imagined so many people would be this impassioned about using shouts; clearly I've struck a nerve with some of the people we on Cerberus so vehemently despise.

Asura.Poupee said:

If there were women on the Internet I'd be positive this conversation had polluted Cerberus before.

1. you cannot be arrested for not wearing pants, as long as you have undergarments on.

2. stop QQing about it
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-25 12:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

only losers who hate conversations in shout think there are no woman on the internet.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-25 12:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought shouting conversations were a normal thing.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-25 12:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I thought shouting conversations were a normal thing.
thats what I thought, but apparently people no like that very much
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-25 12:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Auspice said:
no
[+]
 Cerberus.Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2010-11-25 12:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
only losers who hate conversations in shout think there are no woman on the internet.

Obviously there are, I was joking. Half the leaders of my LS are women and my wife even plays. Just a 4chan meme sneaking into my post; don't panic!
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-25 12:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Auspice said:
Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying when morons have conversations in shout? Do they not realize that you can send tells to talk to friends or are they really that arrogant to think that we all want to hear that their dog is pissing on their floor or that they are eating a Big Mac? Is this something completely trivial to be irked about? Maybe, but if I wanted retards shitting up my MMO space, I'd go buy a copy of WoW. Anyone else agree? Friends don't let friends be shout douchebags.

It's for attention, most likely people with few friends trying to include more people. In the case of an argument, it's usually to look for backup or to boost epeen by arguing publicly (unfortunately these people don't realise they are looked upon as halfwits regardless of the outcome).
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-25 12:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Cerberus.Auspice said:
Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying when morons have conversations in shout? Do they not realize that you can send tells to talk to friends or are they really that arrogant to think that we all want to hear that their dog is pissing on their floor or that they are eating a Big Mac? Is this something completely trivial to be irked about? Maybe, but if I wanted retards shitting up my MMO space, I'd go buy a copy of WoW. Anyone else agree? Friends don't let friends be shout douchebags.

It's for attention, most likely people with few friends trying to include more people. In the case of an argument, it's usually to look for backup or to boost epeen by arguing publicly (unfortunately these people don't realise they are looked upon as halfwits regardless of the outcome).

not always, some people just like to use that chat mode, stop QQing like the OP and get over it.
[+]
 Asura.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2010-11-25 12:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the /shout conversations on Asura. It's apparently a drama filled server.. but the /shouts seem to always be lighthearted!
[+]
By Nishijin 2010-11-25 12:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate people who talk in shout in the game, i b-list these stupid people all the time. sometimes someone will say something that is funny
but most of the these people think they are so great that everyone wants to see what they have to say. No one cares what job you're going to level next or what color your dirty socks are. The only reason people shout because they think they're important, but they're not. Maybe your mommy doesn't listen to you so you get on the game and shout... go shout to her.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-25 12:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Cerberus.Auspice said:
not always, some people just like to use that chat mode, stop QQing like the OP and get over it.

Um did I say I had a problem with it? Perhaps you should learn to read.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-25 12:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Cerberus.Auspice said:

Um did I say I had a problem with it? Perhaps you should learn to read.
This from someone who regularly shouted "Subligar" repeatedly. :P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8