Holy Crap New Abyssea Trailer...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Holy crap New Abyssea Trailer...
Holy crap New Abyssea Trailer...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-24 15:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are drawn in way too easily by a well made trailer. Granted the last few seconds caught my attention.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-11-24 15:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Bismarck.Patrik said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
You know maybe the 2nd half of the trailer has little to do with Abyssea, but more in line with the conclusion of the WOTG missions.
SE already said exactly how the new WoTG missions would be XD fight the remaining wardens... somewhere, then lilith in walk of echoes

SE says a lot of stuff that isn't always accurate, when did they say that?

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5908/detail.html
its part of the update notices

Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-11-24 15:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Hmm... I will avoid spoiling for you how the nature of how Abyssea ties into WOTG because you aren't very far into those missions yet. However they are wrapping up WOTG this update, and they are wrapping up Abyssea this update. The spoiler comes after the trailer's notes, to me it isn't too far out of the realm of possibility that this is a sequence relating to the non abyssea part of the update.

Except the fact it's on the abyssea website and that gilgamesh hinted about prishe in the abyssea quests w/o saying her name.

Do elaborate what quests he says such things in?

I don't remember exactly which quest, since they all involve la theine, but one of those duh?

I saw the cutscene in question earlier today. It's the cutscene you receive in La Theine after you've killed your 5th of the 6 Abyssea quest NMs. The music cues in the CS, in addition to today's trailer, make it obvious to whom Gilgamesh refers.

I think the cutscene mission is Tenuous Existence. I believe all of this is mentioned the 2nd time you speak with Gilgamesh.
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-24 15:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Hmm... I will avoid spoiling for you how the nature of how Abyssea ties into WOTG because you aren't very far into those missions yet. However they are wrapping up WOTG this update, and they are wrapping up Abyssea this update. The spoiler comes after the trailer's notes, to me it isn't too far out of the realm of possibility that this is a sequence relating to the non abyssea part of the update.

Except the fact it's on the abyssea website and that gilgamesh hinted about prishe in the abyssea quests w/o saying her name.

I don't remember exactly which quest, since they all involve la theine, but one of those duh?

You're sure we wasn't talking about Lion? Cause Gilgamesh/Lion was ROTZ, Prishe until now hasn't had anything to do with Gilgamesh.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-24 16:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:

You're sure we wasn't talking about Lion? Cause Gilgamesh/Lion was ROTZ, Prishe until now hasn't had anything to do with Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh directly refers to a "lil' mistress" when you talk to him the first time, which fits Prishe more than it does Lion.

Remember, this is Abyssea. The NPC Colti in Attohwa is there with a bunch of Windurstian NPCs, despite Colti being in Ru'Lude Gardens in overworld Vana'diel.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-24 16:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
my theory for the ending is that its abyssea's midgardsormr- world serpent- who was tainted or something and is the cause of the abyssean hordes taking over abyssea, and the final missions is where its up to you to defeat him to save abyssea.

Midgardsormr already exists in FFXI as Jormungand.

No FF game to my knowledge has used more than one name for the World Serpent, and considering Jorm already gives the World Serpent Slayer title, I can't see them giving the name to a completely different character model.

Shinryu mob is Shinryu, the tie in makes perfect sense with Dissidia Duodecim on the horizon.
 Asura.Kresaera
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-11-24 17:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made my sick husband get up off the couch to watch this! I'm totally gonna start the Abyssea storyline NAOW!!!!!

and PRISHE!!!!!!!!! I <3 her!
By Dekito 2010-11-24 17:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow all i can say this trailer looks amazing FFXI just keeps getting better and better!
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-11-24 17:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to be Sgt. Buzzkill, but don't forget SE said that the only expansions required to do Abyssea were main game and Zilart.

It's probably Abyssea-equivalent Prishe. I'm guessing the only requirements are to beat the bosses of the other zones.
[+]
 Asura.Draginhikari
By Asura.Draginhikari 2010-11-24 17:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
You guys are drawn in way too easily by a well made trailer. Granted the last few seconds caught my attention.

Isn't that kind of the point of a trailer though?
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-11-24 18:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shinryu would be a good possibility, could be their spoof on 'Kaiser Dragon' as well. Definetly will be interesting to see

Expansion-wise, said required WoTG and RoZ
 Asura.Railock
By Asura.Railock 2010-11-24 19:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ***Shinryu? I wouldn't put it past SE. I also can't believe they're involving Sea into this too.
 Ifrit.Proxia
Server: Ifrit
user: Proxia
By Ifrit.Proxia 2010-11-24 20:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's clear that the intention is a fight in sea not a fourth zone. They show the hall of the BC, they show the orb you use to get into the BC, they show the maw over orb, they show the BC fight circle.

What's not clear is how it all fits together. Personally I think they'll spin the story that the actions of the cats and lilith in Wings has caused an issue with reality which created abyssea. Over time some sort of boss type serpent has escaped like a void NM. Wings being focused on the good deity and COP being focused on the bad, it only makes logical sense that a series of add-ons released during the Wings expansion of the game would tie up all stories with one final boss.
One boss linking the 2 gods and all story lines involved. By putting a close to all story lines it lets SE start fresh going forward from 90. This can be a good thing, considering almost all content from the previous expansions are worthless.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sakura
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sakura 2010-11-24 22:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww damn, someone already called it..

I think it's Shinryu too, has to be lol
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2010-11-25 08:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sturm said:
Dunno if it been said already in thread but maybe this is a teaser for a entirely new expansion to be released next year to take us to 99 as im pretty sure this update will cap us at 90

They clearly stated that the cap to 99 would be in three updates, July, Sept and Dec, they would of made it clear that the march update was for the final one. and it comes down to 2-3 LB quests (cause 95 cap than maybe another LB for 4 more levels, or the 90 cap to 99 is a special LB quest).

This did get me interested, and I am certain that the dragon is Shinryu (Based on looks, description and how it is revealed).

and a note, all that is left to be revealed is the new 86-99 job adjustments.

I know this wouldn't be true but just saying it would be cool that you can take a special quest (each job has it's own) and you have to fight that dragon to get access to the job's ultimate ability/spell (Depending on the job)

For example, it would be cool like (and again I say this as a pipedream) You do the quest as summoner and beat the dragon and such, than you get to summon like Bahamut or Phoenix, for example.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-25 08:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's times like these that make Final Fantasy XI give me Double Rainbow Guy Syndrome.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-25 09:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
It's times like these that make Final Fantasy XI give me Double Rainbow Guy Syndrome.

It's starting to look like triple Abyssea?
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-25 09:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

It's starting to look like triple Abyssea?

Indeed. Or in this case, quadruple.
 Sylph.Michizane
Server: Sylph
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2010-11-25 09:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong about this, but I think that dragon is the Keeper of the Apocalpyse mention in CoP. The reason I suggests this is because in abyssea there was no one to stop the Promathia's return and as u saw in the trailer there was no fifth mothercrystal in the BCNM area. As for Lady Lithih (pardon if I mispelled) I think she is in ledge with the Keeper. This is a little more hazy but in CoP you do see the Demons who servents to Odin collection black magicite which is crystalized emptiness. So maybe Odin likes the emptiness, or at least like the choas created by it. But this is just my guess.
By Tzaellia 2010-11-25 09:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:
Hate to be Sgt. Buzzkill, but don't forget SE said that the only expansions required to do Abyssea were main game and Zilart.

It's probably Abyssea-equivalent Prishe. I'm guessing the only requirements are to beat the bosses of the other zones.

They SAID it only requires the main game and Zilart, but as I just tried to register my mule to get into Abyssea last night it tells you that you must have Wings of the Goddess as well. So not entirely true.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-11-25 10:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Tzaellia said:
Fenrir.Shindo said:

They SAID it only requires the main game and Zilart, but as I just tried to register my mule to get into Abyssea last night it tells you that you must have Wings of the Goddess as well. So not entirely true.

It says Zilart and WotG on all 3 Abyssea sites' product details. Also, for all we know they could have included CoP/ToAU content in the WotG expansion just as a safeguard or something. We're getting reskinned ToAU HNMs and that's not on the list, but I'm guessing that original data came as an update rather than with the expansion? Who's to say, really.
 Diabolos.Nehalania
Server: Diabolos
user: Nehalania
By Diabolos.Nehalania 2010-11-25 11:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The ending was definitely a surprise.
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2010-11-29 07:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree with the people suggesting Shinryu.

The music just screamed FF5 to me, dunno about the rest of you xD
Of all the other ideas Shinryu would make the most sense, imo.

I'm guessing that'll be the new Abyssea main battle theme? Will be a nice change ^^
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-11-29 07:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They never said the cap would be 99 this year. They said the eventual cap will be 99 lrn2read.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-11-29 07:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Nehalania said:
The ending was definitely a surprise.
I'm rather happy they have decided to go back to sea, bring in Prishe, and continue with what will hopefully be more Zilart/Kuluu/Paradise storyline. In all the expansions that have come out, I believe that the archeological uncovering that happens in both ZM and CoP were some of the best story telling ideas, as well as creating a great depth to the history of Vana'Diel. I've been wanting to get more chances to delve further into the far forgotten past, and hopefully this is another taste of it with the last Abyssea.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2010-11-29 08:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

this game is about abyssea and magian trials atm kinda sucks i hope they come out with something else