FDA To Block Sales Of Alcoholic Drinks With Caffei

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » FDA to block sales of alcoholic drinks with caffei
FDA to block sales of alcoholic drinks with caffei
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-18 12:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/17/AR2010111702634.html

Alcohol has been legal to buy, sell, and consume in the US since the repeal of the 18th Amendment in 1933. Caffeine has never been illegal in the US, and millions of people consume it in soft drinks, coffee, and tea every day. So what's the problem when you combine them together?

Pat yourselves on your backs liberals, big government is here to ban whatever you deem offensive.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-18 12:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lolwat
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-18 12:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you read how dangerous these drinks are? This is one of your most misinformed posts ever.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-18 12:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
Have you read how dangerous these drinks are? This is one of your most misinformed posts ever.

You've got to be kidding....

What ever happened to: if you don't like it don't drink it?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-18 12:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:

Enlighten me. How harmful are these? Because I have 7 in my fridge right now...
[+]
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-18 12:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Alcohol = downer
Caffeine = Upper

Upper + Downer = Not so good for you health.

Its like pulling your body to different ways. Red Bull and Vodka would be an example of something you probably shouldnt be drinking alot of. I gotta agree with them here. But then again, they still allow the sale of ciggarettes. So who nows what this is really about. lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Server: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-11-18 12:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i drank a bunch of sparks and my heart kept beating at a very fast pace and made my chest hurt, but being underage at the time i just dealt with it lol xD that doesnt sound healthy though :P
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-18 12:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/15974/can-anyone-find-the-logic-in-this/
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-11-18 13:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

rum & coke lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 13:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/17/AR2010111702634.html

Alcohol has been legal to buy, sell, and consume in the US since the repeal of the 18th Amendment in 1933. Caffeine has never been illegal in the US, and millions of people consume it in soft drinks, coffee, and tea every day. So what's the problem when you combine them together?

Pat yourselves on your backs liberals, big government is here to ban whatever you deem offensive.

Took it seriously until the bolded was read, and I realised this is just a thread to overtly show your political alignment.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-18 13:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Took it seriously until the bolded was read, and I realised this is just a thread to overtly show your political alignment.
Those shifty liberals!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-18 13:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I dont have four lokos in my fridge and 12% alcohol seems obscene probably tastes like ***. I don't even drink these kind of drinks my girlfriend does. They are like 600 calories a can so yea, I stay away lol (Sparks).

The problem with the FDA pulling this is like what was mentioned in the article, they can pull the plug on four lokos because they arn't properly labled like Sparks are and have been for years. My girlfriends little sister (14) drinks these with her friends, so these are definately more popular with the younger underage drinkers.

Silly kids, when i was underage I just scraped together a couple of bucks and got too 24oz 211 Steel reserves and got *** up on just those 2. I didn't need caffiene and sugar and 700 calories to have a good time. Guess I'm just an old *** tho (23)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 13:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I just drink coke to get a buzz.
By slowlulz 2010-11-18 13:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Well I dont have four lokos in my fridge and 12% alcohol seems obscene probably tastes like ***. I don't even drink these kind of drinks my girlfriend does. They are like 600 calories a can so yea, I stay away lol (Sparks).

The problem with the FDA pulling this is like what was mentioned in the article, they can pull the plug on four lokos because they arn't properly labled like Sparks are and have been for years. My girlfriends little sister (14) drinks these with her friends, so these are definately more popular with the younger underage drinkers.

Silly kids, when i was underage I just scraped together a couple of bucks and got too 24oz 211 Steel reserves and got *** up on just those 2. I didn't need caffiene and sugar and 700 calories to have a good time. Guess I'm just an old *** tho (23)

7 bucks and a 24 pack of natti ice back in the day :D
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-18 13:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think it's stupid that the primary evidence they have it of being bad for you is 18 year olds that legally shouldn't be drinking in the first place.
More HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE bias from good ole Mr. TV.

and here here on the steele reserve man(22)
i've always been more of a liquor man though.
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-18 13:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Well I dont have four lokos in my fridge and 12% alcohol seems obscene probably tastes like ***. I don't even drink these kind of drinks my girlfriend does. They are like 600 calories a can so yea, I stay away lol (Sparks). The problem with the FDA pulling this is like what was mentioned in the article, they can pull the plug on four lokos because they arn't properly labled like Sparks are and have been for years. My girlfriends little sister (14) drinks these with her friends, so these are definately more popular with the younger underage drinkers. Silly kids, when i was underage I just scraped together a couple of bucks and got too 24oz 211 Steel reserves and got *** up on just those 2. I didn't need caffiene and sugar and 700 calories to have a good time. Guess I'm just an old *** tho (23)

Steel Reserves....oh the memories....or lack there of. lol. Did you get the Silver or Black label ones. The black labels were for the drinking pro. lol
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-18 13:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people drink alcohol to feel cool.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-18 13:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

slowlulz said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Well I dont have four lokos in my fridge and 12% alcohol seems obscene probably tastes like ***. I don't even drink these kind of drinks my girlfriend does. They are like 600 calories a can so yea, I stay away lol (Sparks). The problem with the FDA pulling this is like what was mentioned in the article, they can pull the plug on four lokos because they arn't properly labled like Sparks are and have been for years. My girlfriends little sister (14) drinks these with her friends, so these are definately more popular with the younger underage drinkers. Silly kids, when i was underage I just scraped together a couple of bucks and got too 24oz 211 Steel reserves and got *** up on just those 2. I didn't need caffiene and sugar and 700 calories to have a good time. Guess I'm just an old *** tho (23)
7 bucks and a 24 pack of natti ice back in the day :D

Did you bring the Gamecube?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-18 13:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

You troll to feel cool.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-18 13:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Having watched several people drink a few of these and start vomiting, I'm torn. It was perfect Darwinism at work, to be honest, but it's stupid to let people actually drink that crap.

Meh.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-18 13:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pawnskipper said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

Steel Reserves....oh the memories....or lack there of. lol. Did you get the Silver or Black label ones. The black labels were for the drinking pro. lol
I still drink the silver ones lol!
What are the black ones?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-18 13:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
?
I always did it to get drunk.
You don't know most people though so eh :/
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2010-11-18 13:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huliq.com/10473/phusion-projects-makers-four-loko-facing-lawsuit-after-death-florida-state-student
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-18 13:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Most people smoke cigarettes to feel cool.
Fixed.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 13:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really drink, only been drunk 2-3 times, and only completely hammered once.

It's just never really appealed to me I suppose.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-18 13:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

So because I have political ideals and opinions, makes the reported story invalid?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-18 13:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Arn't you like british? You guys like drugs and stabbing amirite?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 13:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

So because I have political ideals and opinions, makes the reported story invalid?

Yes, when you're rubbing them in peoples faces.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-18 13:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Can we just stop being childish with this whole blame game ***?
Because that's all this liberal-conservative BS is.
If you really want to blame someone blame Teddy Roosevelt who created the FDA
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 13:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Arn't you like british? You guys like drugs and stabbing amirite?

Not me!

Well maybe stabbings, but more serial killer stabbings and less "Oi give me your money you wanker" stabbings.
First Page 2 3 4