First Page 2 3
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-11-18 02:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Original blog post on Guildwork

I've been working quite a bit on the new guildwork setup for my linkshell. I've come to notice that several features are consistently added and I've even spoken with Stanislav lately on how to achieve/accomplish custom features and offer ideas and suggestions where i can as well as test new features.

For those of you who use Ventrilo, Teamspeak or Skype, Stanislav has recently released a new feature into guildwork called Mumble that will be fully integrated into your guildwork site.

I only bring this up because personally i used to pay for web hosting as well as a ventrilo server separately, and even then tracking everything was a major pain... But for the price of premium starting in 2011 versus the price of our hosting and ventrilo we would probably save about $100.

For those of you unsure of what it can accomplish i encourage people to see our newly revamped guildwork site. All of this could be yours with your own customization easily. http://proclaimedinsanity.guildwork.com

I felt this was an important thing to mention since it'll only be free for everyone to try until the end of the year.... It's already made a huge difference in our organization and allowed us leaders to be a little less stressed out :)

If you are looking for a voice chat alternative or even just want to try one for the first time... give this a try.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-11-18 02:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Images of mumble in use.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 04:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Take your ***to yourself. FFXI is based on small number of people per linkshell (less than 9 for the vast majority). Your project is bound to fail (and not only because FFXI is almost dead) ; one reason being that playing online with a handful of people beats getting robbed in so-called "big LS". I dare say that the future of MMO is events done in /shout or free lot, because after playing FFXI 6 years, it's the most fair distribution system ( and I've done salvage, einherjar, limbus and dyna in "LS structures" and "free structure").
[+]
 Alexander.Eldelphia
Server: Alexander
user: eldelphia
By Alexander.Eldelphia 2010-11-18 05:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Take your ***to yourself. FFXI is based on small number of people per linkshell (less than 9 for the vast majority). Your project is bound to fail (and not only because FFXI is almost dead) ; one reason being that playing online with a handful of people beats getting robbed in so-called "big LS". I dare say that the future of MMO is events done in /shout or free lot, because after playing FFXI 6 years, it's the most fair distribution system ( and I've done salvage, einherjar, limbus and dyna in "LS structures" and "free structure").

Wow. You're insane. I've run a linkshell for 6 years and whilst the structure of events is indeed changing our linkshell is currently running at 35ish members. Our dynamis/einherjar shell is about the same - if not slightly more.

Guildwork isn't even the op's project... go checkout guildwork.com

I know a lot of even small linkshells who find this useful, for social reasons if nothing else.

And you have NO idea what fair is. Fair isn't you getting all of the loot, all of the time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 05:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

35 personS per linkshell is extremely rare according to SE official stats. linshells with high numbers of people are those in which you are unlikely to take the maximum of ffxi because there is so much different gameplay and goals that you will end up being forced to attend events that you dont need. This is the situation where "leaders get everything" first unlike the free lot system. This is why the VAST majority of ffxi linkshells dont need such a centralized organization. If you want to take the best of FFXI you have to decide live what you are going to do today.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sevaru
user: Severance
By Leviathan.Sevaru 2010-11-18 05:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

You're forgetting that FFXI is a very small US population MMO, and that WoW is the primary target. In WoW almost all raids are conducted by guilds (using Ventrilo/Mumble), or pickup groups primarily comprised of friends/guildies.

Just because it's advertised on a FFXI forum for relevant linkshells to take advantage of doesn't mean that it's only for FFXI. "Take your ***to yourself".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Server: Lakshmi
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2010-11-18 05:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***wow... you sir win the internets! That is if the internets was full of moronic baboons with over-inflated egos stroking their epeen until it came rainbows... oh wait it is...
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
Server: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2010-11-18 06:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
35 personS per linkshell is extremely rare according to SE official stats. linshells with high numbers of people are those in which you are unlikely to take the maximum of ffxi because there is so much different gameplay and goals that you will end up being forced to attend events that you dont need. This is the situation where "leaders get everything" first unlike the free lot system. This is why the VAST majority of ffxi linkshells dont need such a centralized organization. If you want to take the best of FFXI you have to decide live what you are going to do today.

First, the OP is not from Guildwork he is just a mere user on Guildwork after Scragg's Guildwork post. Second, the 500 FFXI sites on Guildwork beg to differ with your opinion. Third, FFXI is merely a test market because even if FFXI was in its prime and still had large linkshell it would still be dumb to think that such a small game was a smart business model.

Either way your opinion is your opinion.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-11-18 06:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Pimpchan please just be banned? Please? Every post of his I see is him bitching or being negative. Actually I think I'll write a greasemonkey script to just hide his posts.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-11-18 06:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the best part about pchans ignorance... is the fact it supports FFXI, FFXIV, WOW, and other potentially upcoming MMO's.... not just a "FFXI project".... its becoming a facebook of MMO's.

It's also nice that pchan skims and fails to realize im not even a part of the guildwork team and that i even specified i TALKED with people in the guildwork team to accomplish site ideas/give suggestions.

The third best part is that its "rare" for LS's to have over 20-30 members because it's a "dying game/dead" game.... and that "leaders get everything first" or that we run events "people don't need".

I'm not too sure what kind of LS's you've personally ran or played in pchan... but apparently i know why you've quit.

It's just a shame you can't drop it instead of trolling every thread you get your hands on because your oh-so-unhappy with FFXI, yet you read every update details just to pick it apart like some 12 year old in a supermarket checkout line screaming for candy/attention.

I would agree on pimpchan being banned, ***is toxic uselessness and his mother should have swallowed him.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-18 07:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Can Pimpchan please just be banned? Please? Every post of his I see is him bitching or being negative. Actually I think I'll write a greasemonkey script to just hide his posts.

There is a block button ya know, it comes in real handy for the posters you wish to block that are feeble minded and retards.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-18 07:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

Hey, why don't you take the chode out of your *** and choke on it somewhere else?

If my LS was still around, I would jump on this *** so fast. Thanks for pointing this out to the community, Clinpachi.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-18 07:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:

Images of mumble in use.

i guess i joined your ls without realizing it :o
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-11-18 09:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

There is a block button ya know, it comes in real handy for the posters you wish to block that are feeble minded and retards.
Oh wow didn't know that, thanks. I was almost done with my greasemonkey script too. :|
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-18 09:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

Pchan's posts are kinda like a trainwreck

It's not often you see somebody defeat themselves so thoroughly with every post they make, whilst maintaining such an acidic attitude.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-11-18 10:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and all, it just seems like the only reason he logs into FFXIAH is to spew negative ***and discouragement about XI. I personally still enjoy XI a great deal. :/
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 11:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Notice how I did say "ffxi linkshells" ? We all got that this ***applies to wow and not ffxi.

[+]
By slowlulz 2010-11-18 12:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

While I think this service is probably good for some people. I hate advertising ..."opinion"
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 12:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-18 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sticky above post.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 12:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I think the best part about pchans ignorance... is the fact it supports FFXI, FFXIV, WOW, and other potentially upcoming MMO's.... not just a "FFXI project".... its becoming a facebook of MMO's.

It's also nice that pchan skims and fails to realize im not even a part of the guildwork team and that i even specified i TALKED with people in the guildwork team to accomplish site ideas/give suggestions.

The third best part is that its "rare" for LS's to have over 20-30 members because it's a "dying game/dead" game.... and that "leaders get everything first" or that we run events "people don't need".

I'm not too sure what kind of LS's you've personally ran or played in pchan... but apparently i know why you've quit.

It's just a shame you can't drop it instead of trolling every thread you get your hands on because your oh-so-unhappy with FFXI, yet you read every update details just to pick it apart like some 12 year old in a supermarket checkout line screaming for candy/attention.

I would agree on pimpchan being banned, ***is toxic uselessness and his mother should have swallowed him.

I think you get mad easily. Big ls are a vast minority. 74,83% of ffxi linkshell are comprised of less than 9 members . I dont care if it doesnt fit your playstyle. This fact from vanadiel census. Now keep doing dumbamis and einherjar if you want lol. Some people like wasting their time for their leaders. It doesnt change the fact that 74% of the playerbase will have one ls per event with different lotting rules. In summary stop expecting ffxi to be driven wow style.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/development/census/09/8.html

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 12:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

I think you get mad easily. Big ls are a vast minority. 74,83% of ffxi linkshell are comprised of less than 9 members . I dont care if it doesnt fit your playstyle. This fact from vanadiel census. Now keep doing dumbamis and einherjar if you want lol. Some people like wasting their time for their leaders. It doesnt change the fact that 74% of the playerbase will have one ls per event with different lotting rules. In summary stop expecting ffxi to be driven wow style.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/development/census/09/8.html

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-18 12:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, clearly 78% of the the LS being 4 people on average means 150000 player do every event in a 20-29 member LS. I think I lost your logic somewhere.

Maybe people can own several linkshells (you know, it's not WoW, for the third time) ?

....and a lot of player punctually join a 10-19 member LS to do x-event (let's say dynamis) and then gtfo in another LS. This is exactly what I described, one linkshell for each event. That's how the vast of majority of player do it since like when I started in 2004. So your "guildwork" is just that, an attempt to extend a wowfagtrap to ffxi.

Also someone mentionned FFXIV and he found funny that I did not mention it. I mean, seriously, how the *** can this application be of any use in FFXIV ? Want to do a party ? No, this is not FFXI, you don't go in Jeunno and shout for hours for a PT (because your 9 man linkshell can't exp with you due to them being < 35 members!). You type in your LS "PT level 15-20 anyone ?" and then everyone that owns your LS but might be on a different one due to them doing something else (see the mentality of not doing everything in the same LS ? ) sees your chat and contacts you. This is the opposite of centralised event style linkshells.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-18 12:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By clyclie 2010-11-18 13:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
wow...6 six years, is a long time and im sure you are a great player...there are times when this game just gets to ppl, makes them grumpy, unhelpful, and just plain out rude. if u are tired of ffxi, dont play anymore, its just making u bitter and hostile towards others for no reason..smooches
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-18 13:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Why do you keep saying there are more people using 10-29 member linkshells than people using 1-9 member linkshells? By your math, there are 180k people using 1-9 linkshells and 140k people using 10-29 linkshells...

180k > 140k, which is 1-9 members > 10-29 members.

According to your math, 1-9 member linkshells are not only in greater numbers, but more members are in those than bigger linkshells as well..

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-18 13:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I agree with this statement.
[+]