How Would YOU Bring Back Low-level Parties?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-09 15:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, as we all know, there has been a tremendous decline in the amount of low level parties, or any parties outside of Abyssea nowadays. Heck, I have a 40 summoner I'd like to level but all I can do is either solo or HOPE to get in an abyssea party as a chest-***, since anyone seeking lv30-75 is asking to be a chest-***. Hardly anyone does a regular exp party.

So tell me FFXIAH, how in the world could SE possibly bring back parties outside of abyssea?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-09 15:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Change all mobs outside of abyssea to colibri and give them a 50% hp reduction.
[+]
 Kujata.Nanyo
Server: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2010-11-09 15:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Make the minimum level to enter 70 since that's the lowest level that is normally used.
[+]
 Asura.Emoneaone
Server: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-11-09 15:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Increase the entry level for Abyssea. Minimum 70.
2. Put a bonus into the experience calculation that rewards 25% or 50% bonus to parties under 70.
3. FIX LEVEL SYNCH! Allow skill ups to occur in level-synced parties. Won't be hard to put some calculations in the mix to enable that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-11-09 15:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Give some super scaling bonus to level sync, such that the higher the level a participant beyond the sync-ee the more exp they will get (talking huge amounts here LOL to compete with Abyssea.) That way, people would actually feel encouraged/rewarded with helping out low level jobs or playing in a low-level sync situation (without all the uber abilities and gear effects) and still enjoy the exp progress and payoffs. :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-09 15:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Make partying more enticing. Spice it up a little with new things and give incentive. I would say add more soloing things but I really would like to see old fashioned pt make a comeback at least for low levels.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-09 15:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

How would I bring back low level parties (or any type of party for that matter to be honest)?

Get rid of Abyssea.

Good concept, but when they basically went from FFXI to FFXI: Abyssea, and NOONE really wants to do anything BUT abyssea, then that seems more of a problem.
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-11-09 15:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Emoneaone said:
1. Increase the entry level for Abyssea. Minimum 70. 2. Put a bonus into the experience calculation that rewards 25% or 50% bonus to parties under 70. 3. FIX LEVEL SYNCH! Allow skill ups to occur in level-synced parties. Won't be hard to put some calculations in the mix to enable that.

/endthread
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-11-09 15:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Think of the blms! D:
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-09 15:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill John Lennon...
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-11-09 15:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As mentioned, make the minimum requirements in Abyssea to be 70.
People may complain that then they can't enter to do NMs or Missions in there at lower levels... well... simple solution for that.

Make it so you don't get EXP until 70. That way you can enter any level you want... but would be impossible to party/leech there.

Another Idea is... have Seals or AF3 Items... drop outside Abyssea.
that would sure as hell get people spread out again :D
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-09 15:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

And give them 30 second repops, no TP moves, and they don't link or mimic magic.
[+]
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-11-09 15:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Limit the level for Abyssea to 70.
and everything else that everyone else said.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-09 15:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Make the mobs drop insane ammounts of Gil not rare/ex gear or spells...just *** loads of gil..the better the chaning the better the gil. And have the gil increase per person and cap it off at 6.

That or

Boost the number of xp mobs give up to say lvl 50..

For every 3k xp earn'd in a lvl-sync pt..you can convert that time/xp into Stones for Abyssea.

This contradicts my first one but..

Have a very small chance at dropping a good item that could be worth gil..T4/5 Spells, Phalanx, Refresh whatever.

Revamp FoV..make it so you can do a quest or 2 so you can do them more than once per game day..imagine how much nicer xp would be with 2~3 pages per day.

MMM is nice but needs better rewards..like gil. Money makes the world go round. They need to basically pay us and pay us good before ppl will venture outside of Abyssea/AFburning.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-09 15:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Huge exp bonus to partying.

Abyssea made the game not all about exping, it's a very good thing. No way would I willingly go back to the dark dismal grindy days where exping was an investment of time over months.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-09 15:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt even think of that, but I like it. Do like WoW does and add random "world" drops to the loot pools of all monsters. So you could kill low level rabbits, worms, lizards, etc and there's an off chance you would find a pair of leaping boots. This is just an example.

Very good idea there Zorander.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-11-09 15:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

A good idea would be to buff up the blue and brown chests. They're nice but the rewards hardly feel worth the time spent opening them. The addition of evolith helped but only for those with an interest in synergy.

Fields of Valor could also be expanded. It feels like a lot of people have loads of tabs they're just sitting on and only spend them for Repatriotation. Adding purchasable items would be a good place to start, but, considering you can do incredible abyssea exp at 30+, I think they will also need to increase the exp rewards from regimes.

Even with enhancements to both of those, I still think it will be hard to pull people away from abyssea exp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-09 15:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Since BS/KS99 are kind dead now..they need to let us exchange BS/KS seals for a cash reward or let us bazaar them..that or update drops and drop rates. SE is the one that introduced us to Abyssea so now they need to make outside activities just as good or better. The bar has been raised now it needs to be raised for the rest of the game.

I know both of my post have been about money..but if I had the chance to make 150k+ during an xp run even if the xp wasn't as good as Abyssea I'd still love to do it. And I'd want to lvl jobs just for the money lol.

[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-11-09 16:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

minimum level inside abyssea is 70. Thats how id fix it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-09 16:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
I don't think it would fix anything TBH..I think it would just bring back AFBurning again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-09 16:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd "fix" the lower level exp, but you'd make the game worse as a whole. What you want are incentives to level in traditional parties, thereby improving the playing experience, not just forcing people to use a FAR inferior alternative.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-09 16:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You'd "fix" the lower level exp, but you'd make the game worse as a whole. What you want are incentives to level in traditional parties, thereby improving the playing experience, not just forcing people to use a FAR inferior alternative.
I agree..
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Make the mobs drop insane ammounts of Gil not rare/ex gear or spells...just *** loads of gil..the better the chaning the better the gil. And have the gil increase per person and cap it off at 6. That or Boost the number of xp mobs give up to say lvl 50.. For every 3k xp earn'd in a lvl-sync pt..you can convert that time/xp into Stones for Abyssea. This contradicts my first one but.. Have a very small chance at dropping a good item that could be worth gil..T4/5 Spells, Phalanx, Refresh whatever. Revamp FoV..make it so you can do a quest or 2 so you can do them more than once per game day..imagine how much nicer xp would be with 2~3 pages per day. MMM is nice but needs better rewards..like gil. Money makes the world go round. They need to basically pay us and pay us good before ppl will venture outside of Abyssea/AFburning.
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Since BS/KS99 are kind dead now..they need to let us exchange BS/KS seals for a cash reward or let us bazaar them..that or update drops and drop rates. SE is the one that introduced us to Abyssea so now they need to make outside activities just as good or better. The bar has been raised now it needs to be raised for the rest of the game. I know both of my post have been about money..but if I had the chance to make 150k+ during an xp run even if the xp wasn't as good as Abyssea I'd still love to do it. And I'd want to lvl jobs just for the money lol.
This guy is a genious!
[+]
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-11-09 16:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it kind of like abyssea, where parties of more than 6 don't get an xp penalty for killing mobs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-09 16:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like this thread. Here are some thoughts.

1 - minimum level 70. Okay that's been said.

2 - Add new rewards to Signet/Sigil areas. These can be rare/ex gems and or seals for AF3.

3 - FoV points. I've got 20k points and am not really interested in trying to augment stuff. Make the augment rewards for FoV better. Also place a FoV merchant next to each area's main page where you can exchange points for gear and/or pop items for some new FoV only NM's.

4 - Someone mentioned enhance blue/brown chests. Perhaps you can add also red chests and ebon chests kinda like Abyssea.

5- Empress Band needs a Empress Band +1. Don't make ridculously hard to get bands like Kupofreud's or Allied. Just make it so you can recharch with your signet/sigil points.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-09 16:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a bad idea either. So if your party of 6 kills an IT+ mob, you get the exp as if you killed it alone in the current system. Then everyone would get more exp.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-09 16:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xantavia said:
Make it kind of like abyssea, where parties of more than 6 don't get an xp penalty for killing mobs.
Lol lowbie zones couldn't handle that I dont think.

1 party of 18 raping Valkrum would be funny.
[+]
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-11-09 16:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Once i get a free day i plan on starting a exp static doing the old climb oldschool style nostalgia party event thingy. i think it will be fun
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev
By Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev 2010-11-09 16:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not limit the entry requirement to 70, but limit the requirement to receive exp to 70. Or at least severely nerf the exp gained at levels lower than intended, pretty much the same as how campaign is with jobs lower than 60.

I don't think that traditional exp parties need a bonus to the xp rate, because the long grind of leveling a job up to 70+ is a major factor in teaching people how to play their jobs right and weeding at least some people out who weren't meant to play the job.

But maybe some other kind of bonuses would help increase the incentive to party outside of abbysea, like adding conquest point/imperial standing-bought items actually worth working for.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-09 16:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
I don't think it would fix anything TBH..I think it would just bring back AFBurning again.

This. Exactly *** this.

The only thing I can think that'd 'fix' the situation is to change the mob respawn timer in the old areas to maybe 3 or so minutes, maybe change inside to 5? Offnote, this would actually help Magian Trials too. Maybe add more crystals/clusters to mobs... since apparently that's a problem nowadays. Perhaps have a small amount of gil per mob kill or something to that effect to encourage poor people to level in parties. I don't know a perfect solution, but changing Abyssea's minimum level is NOT the answer.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-11-09 16:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
This. Exactly *** this. The only thing I can think that'd 'fix' the situation is to change the mob respawn timer in the old areas to maybe 3 or so minutes, maybe change inside to 5? Offnote, this would actually help Magian Trials too. Maybe add more crystals/clusters to mobs... since apparently that's a problem nowadays. Perhaps have a small amount of gil per mob kill or something to that effect to encourage poor people to level in parties. I don't know a perfect solution, but changing Abyssea's minimum level is NOT the answer.

Its a step in the right direction though. It would defenitly help.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7