How Would YOU Bring Back Low-level Parties?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 10:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you talking about? Unless you stopped playing in 2004, that's what you've been doing for the majority of the time.

Skillchains in pts died off in 05-06. Ever since then it's been "attack, WS, attack another mob, WS" This isn't new, it's been around for at least 5 years, lol.

The only thing that's changed in that time is the preferred jobs for doing so.
By Damrod 2010-11-10 10:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't mean you Erik.

My point of the last post is that SE will never be able to satisfy "all of the above" scenarios. Some folks gonna be tickled with the changes and some folks gonna hate them.

Hell I miss afk wall smacking in campaign...it was rich. I miss be able to get skill-ups if you fought in battles un-tagged. But alas they are gone and I doubt they will ever return. That's why I said be careful what you ask for...I'm sure at least some of the people that asked for the changes to campaign now wish they had not.

But...back on topic...I don't miss old school pt's anymore...but that's just me...and maybe a few other people...
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 10:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should say I wish I had the ability to have a LS I like doing things with. I just dont wish to spend every waking hour of my time on this game, given its only 4 hours a night + weekends... I wish I could spend 1 hour on game and make at least decent exp fighting NMs, or low-manning regular mobs... IMO, this game in its entirety is Abyssea. There is nothing to do, BUT abyssea. That is just the way I see it atm :/...

Edit: I like to edit!

I cant really explain it, but when abyssea came out, was when I started getting tired of the game. Not because of abyssea, but wasnt interested... happens every once in a while. I recently got the will to play again though, so I thought I'd give it a chance to find out that there is <20 people seeking at any given point of time, from 1 to 85... and with being most of my old friends on different time zones, and the fact that everyone else is doing abyssea whenever they can... I just find this game has become totally entranced with Abyssea.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 10:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My shell still does Dyna, lol.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 10:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
My shell still does Dyna, lol.

Im not enthralled on trying to find a new ls for any of this stuff ><... I have(had) a perfectly good low-man LS, til i got a job that interfered with time frames... and to find such a small ls, that has people that I actually called friends, and started over anew in a completely new LS? "UGGGGGGGGGGGH *** it" is what generally runs through my mind D:.

Granted I understand what people are saying, Abyssea is just not my thing. I do like the NM aspect, but when I have no desire to go for higher end mobs once looking at the major time-sink they are now ><

Thus is the life of FF I guess.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 10:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also: I'd love old school parties, the whole SC parties and ***, if the exp was worth it :<... At least it took /some/ attention span lol @_@
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 10:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Being someone whose done nearly everything the game has had to offer, on the verge of quitting, and just standing afk in whitegate all day and playing smash bros brawl online while I camp shouts, I actually like how much they've shaken things up in the game and changed things around. Has given me something to do again.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 10:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Also: I'd love old school parties, the whole SC parties and ***, if the exp was worth it :<... At least it took /some/ attention span lol @_@
Hated that ***, lol. As a mnk main (and it being my first job) was like "Oh you can't make distortion. No thanks."
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-11-10 10:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

actually: every hour you play in a under lvl 40 party you get a jadeshell or other 100 coins from dynamis automatically in your inventory.

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 10:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Hated that ***, lol. As a mnk main (and it being my first job) was like "Oh you can't make distortion. No thanks."

I loved em... I can remember having the time of my life in a KRT pt, back when you could zone mobs, and doing Sidewinder > Rampage for the first time >_>;;; But yeah I remember the whole MNK stigma...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 10:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
actually: every hour you play in a under lvl 40 party you get a jadeshell or other 100 coins from dynamis automatically in your inventory.

People would do that for farming, but not for exp, lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-10 10:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated the MNK stigma too. Part of the reason I levelled BRD.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-10 10:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:

gil/relics wold become commonplace lol

you would have to do something to make the timer only tick while fighting a monster

or you would have peeps like me afking for days in a level sync party with one of their alts on a lvl 40 job

it would certainly bring them back though lol, at least in a sense
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 10:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1) RDM with refreshing script, and a cure II~ script.
Step 2) alt char lvl 30~
Step 3) Have alt char attack a mob that they /cannot/ hit or deal 0 dmg too.
Step 4) Keep 2 chars afk for hours while you do other things.
Step 5) ????
Step 6) RELIC (PROFIT)
By Cybermario 2010-11-10 10:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

worst case scenario, lets rename the game Abyssea Online.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-10 11:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd much rather get glavoid shells or chloris buds in my level 40 exp party than loldynamis currency.

So why is it that some NMs for the empyrean trophies require two key items, but Chloris requires four? What kind of *** is that?
By Upollo 2010-11-10 11:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How to bring back regular parties in three easy steps:

1. Add a "Level Sync" point system. For ever kill that grants you experience, a certain percentage of that is converted to "Sync points".

2. Add an NPC that allows you to use these Sync points to purchase items, key items and buffs. These items, key items and buffs will only work while under the effect of Level Sync and fighting a monster within the Easy Prey-Incredibly Tough range.

3. Allow craftable gear with Level Sync buffs, or add Synergy recipes that can craft Level Sync buffs on current gear that have no stats on them.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 11:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Upollo said:
How to bring back regular parties in three easy steps:

1. Add a "Level Sync" point system. For ever kill that grants you experience, a certain percentage of that is converted to "Sync points".

2. Add an NPC that allows you to use these Sync points to purchase items, key items and buffs. These items, key items and buffs will only work while under the effect of Level Sync and fighting a monster within the Easy Prey-Incredibly Tough range.

3. Allow craftable gear with Level Sync buffs, or add Synergy recipes that can craft Level Sync buffs on current gear that have no stats on them.

You could just lv sync to 85 in abyssea, lol. (I don't think that zone restricts level sync)
By Upollo 2010-11-10 11:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You could just lv sync to 85 in abyssea, lol. (I don't think that zone restricts level sync)

How to bring back regular parties in four easy steps:

4. Make this for non-Abyssea zones only. =|
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-10 11:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's still too much work.

Make Fields of Valor infinitely repeatable, no more of this once a game day ***. Add variation to fields of valor so that you can make your own page. Also add more pages and locations. So you could go to East Ronfaure_(S) and make a page for killing 10 colibri. Give solo exp rates to anyone in a 6 man party. So when you 6 man that IT+ mob, it gives you 350-400 instead of 150-200.

I'd low level party a lot more if these were implemented.
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-11-10 11:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Upollo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

How to bring back regular parties in four easy steps:

4. Make this for non-Abyssea zones only. =|
so basically a FOV-system build over a FOV-system (while the one FOV-system is the levelsync points system.)

i could see that bring some good things. but let's be honest who playd a lot of time already still doesnt really want to go down a lot levels. Yeah sure with friends you know it's a cool thing but i guess a lot of people trying out this game (and they are there, i met about 23 ppl in the last 4 days in the beginner areas starting the game as a noob) won't get many parties even with this. you really must encourage old *** to go out there and really make them to want to exp outside of abyssea. so maybe same abyssea exp chart? starting out low and getting higher? to 500exp max or 400? where would you set the limits?
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 11:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno what people's problem is, I've talked to people who have been playing for 7 years now and the general consensus seems to be Abyssea is the best thing to happen to the game.

Two things people really need to realize:
1. Old content is still there
2. Exp parties are like 1% of the game. They don't matter. Get jobs 85 as quickly as possible is all that matters. If you think otherwise you're just a casualfag and don't matter anyways.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2010-11-10 12:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Use what they learned in abyssea and tune it to groups. AKA no alliances.

1) Change the current chain bonus to the abyssea chain
a. doesnt decay over time
b. is based on the mob you pull

2) Base exp off con, and have it scale faster
a. first IT gives 200
b. second IT gives 220, etc

3) Once you level to the point of the IT being EP, the exp caps at 200 for a full pt

4) EXp bonus for partying
a. 1 person solo gets 100 exp from an EVEn
b. 2 people dou get 110 exp each from same mob
c. 3 people get 120 exp
d. 6 people get 150 exp
 Asura.Revelation
Server: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2010-11-10 13:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I would want this, but to answer the Topic.
What I would do is sort of a 2 part deal.

Part 1 would be to slightly increase the exp gained from mobs around 1-55 roughly 10% exlcuding TOAU and WOTG areas/mobs.

Also I would add EXP tiers in Abyssea,

30-49 would see a 50% loss in ANY EXP gained, in Abyssea, wether from mobs, or chests.

50-69 would see a 30% loss in ANY EXP gained, in Abyssea, wether from mobs, or chests.

70+ would see no reduction in EXP gain.

This would still allow people -70 to join Abyssea, but reduce the amount of exp gained.

Part 2 is still open, I haven't completely thought this through, but one option could be adding all new low-level specific BCNMS to boost low-level partying.

Allow me to explain.

My idea would be to implement a "key item" that all mobs from levels 1-55(or somewhere around there) that are EP or higher to your current level, randomly drop, similar to seal drops. This "key item" is obtained by everyone in the party when it is dropped, excluding anyone in the party that the mob may be "too weak" too. And also excluding ToAH & WoTG zones. This would create an incentive to level lower level jobs.

Now what do you with the "key items" you say? Well, it's simple.
Imagine all new BCNMs divided by level ranges, each range requiring a certain amount of the "key item" (just like regular BCNM's are).

Range 1. Lv. 11 - 20 to enter.
Range 2. Lv. 21 - 30
Range 3. Lv. 31 - 40
Range 4. Lv. 41 - 50

In each range, possibly 3 to 4 different fights (don't wont to get burnt out on the same fight every time). The difficulty of the fights would vary depending on how many people in group/alliance, the max being an alliance of 12.

Now for the rewards. I'll split them up into different catergories.

EXP: The EXP gained per player would be equal. But the amount of EXP would be determined by how the group performs. In a way similar to Campaign, various EXP bonuses would be given by doing Skillchains, Magic Bursts, Weapon Skills, Job abilities, Spells, Ranged attacks etc, but applying caps so in order to maximize EXP, you must have a diverse group, But also have it so the higher the level range, the higher the base EXP gained, so naturally a level 40 group would get more EXP than a level 20.

GIL: Everyone loves Gil, I would say have a set amount of gil for each level range. 10k for any range 1 BCNM, 20k for any range 2, 30k for any range 3, and 40k for any range 4. (This is just a basic outline for how gil would be obtained, not saying those exact amounts).

LOOT: Of course you would have a treasure chest sitting there at the end. There would be a LARGE loot list, including anything from Traverse Stones, to NM drops (Leaping Boots, Emp hairpin, etc.., with very low droprates of course) and everything in between.

This sounded cool in my head atleast, maybe not so much...

[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-10 13:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
I dunno what people's problem is, I've talked to people who have been playing for 7 years now and the general consensus seems to be Abyssea is the best thing to happen to the game.

2. Exp parties are like 1% of the game. They don't matter. Get jobs 85 as quickly as possible is all that matters. If you think otherwise you're just a casualfag and don't matter anyways.

I seriously hope you're messing about.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-10 13:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

I seriously hope you're messing about.
He's not.

Abyssea is great. If you got to start it with a job high enough.

If you have no cruor and no 75s, Abyssea sucks because nobody will invite you.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-10 13:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The casualfag comment was trolling (sort of), but the rest is all true. There's so much more to do in FFXI than grind levels, and many of us would prefer to skip as much of the level grind as possible in favor of that content.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-10 13:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting all jobs to 85 is all that matters, seriously?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-10 13:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to do the same, since I didn't get to do any endgame before Abyssea came out. It doesn't take long to get enough party experience. For BLU, you know everything you need to by 40.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-10 13:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
He's not.

Abyssea is great. If you got to start it with a job high enough.

If you have no cruor and no 75s, Abyssea sucks because nobody will invite you.
That's only true if you also have no friends who will let you leech for free until you have some cruor built up.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7