You Think SE Ever Did Any Math?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » you think SE ever did any math?
you think SE ever did any math?
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-11-01 19:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

was just thinking...

For just 1 step of a weapon trial i have to kill 600 demons, no weather, no ws or finishing strike. So we are talking simplest there is. Say i take 1 minute everage to kill each. that makes 600 minutes to kill everything for that step. Thats 10 hours!!!

Also we all know how xp is now.

Last but not least, how unchalenging the "End-game" is now with ppl overpowering everything (old and new)...

So when they decide to entertain us this way, you think they ever did any math? Or they just dont care cause they know we are still attached to how great this game was?

The things you think when u been killing (Easy Prey) for a few hours ;)
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-01 19:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tedious things to keep us playing etc etc...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-11-01 19:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL, Have you taken a look at the Relic Trials yet?
They don't get any type of bonuses and must have the 'finishing strike' every single time.

Take the trials it takes to get a lvl 85 Amanomurakumo for instance:

Trial 1057
Unleash Tachi: Kaiten 1500x times on experience-yielding Beasts.

Trial 1058
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Vermin family.

Trial 1862
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Arcana family.

Trial 1863
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Bird family.

Trial 2271
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Aquans ecosystem.

Excluding the first 1500 WS's you must perform as 'non-finishing blows' you must kill 7000 Mobs with the finishing blow of "Tachi:Kaiten"
So on top of wasting years of your life gathering the currency needed for these weapons, you now have to devote 120+ hours of work into making them worth using?!?!?!

SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!!
*sarcasm*
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-11-01 19:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I've been stuck with this damn Antea for months, now. The reward is great, but I only have a limited amount of time for FFXI anyway, and I'd rather spend my time doing something that doesn't invoke hours of perpetual boredom. Screw that 5-hit TP build... (with Joytoy in off-hand)
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-01 19:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
They don't get any type of bonuses and must have the 'finishing strike' every single time.

Trial 1057

Trial 1058
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Vermin family.

Trial 1862
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Arcana family.

Trial 1863
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Bird family.

Trial 2271
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Aquans ecosystem.

Excluding the first 1500 WS's you must perform as 'non-finishing blows' you must kill 7000 Mobs with the finishing blow of "Tachi:Kaiten"
So on top of wasting years of your life gathering the currency needed for these weapons, you now have to devote 120+ hours of work into making them worth using?!?!?!

*sarcasm*

and then you realize masamune is better
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-01 19:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I don't understand what keeps you guys playing with this ridiculous trial system, it's like doing damn community service or something. I've yet to find anyone who actually gets any satisfaction or amusement from this ***.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-11-01 19:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
The updates aren't even done, so calling things end-game MAY be a little premature. On the other hand, wouldn't expect anything but more of the same from SE. Rinse, repeat.

thats actually why i used "end-game". Cause neither old stuff is end-game now... Nor the new ones, considering we are not 99 working for 99ish gear...

its a pity cause they had such nice ideas in the past, It kinda looks like they are trying to WoWize the game... But you cant get WoWlike players to get in this game if you make most core players quit before that, imo
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-11-01 20:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

so does 14 just suck or what,?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-11-01 20:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe they wanted to wipe the past, start anew. You all realize they can make the game challenging again with new limits?

Abyssea is my idea of... Zilart. We're all back in 2001 and they're going to add "end game" material. We're just now getting our AF.

Sure, I could be totally wrong and they could be *** up the best game I've ever played, but I like to think that its not.

You still haven't seen nerfs. Those are still to come to balance out the game.

Now (controversial i know) you can ask "do relics truly deserve the spot over an Empyrean?"

Relic: Costs money and two items you gotta farm in two zones and a lot of items not worth mentioning.

Empyrean: A lot of NM hunting to get to a fairly decent weapon, then you gotta farm 50 items from your designated NM, then 50 more items from another designated NM.

What takes longer? Depends on the person and resources available to them. Someone can make a relic instantly if they wanted to (ignoring the wait time for quests and ***). You can't with Empyrean. Empyrean actually takes proven work. Relics take gil. Gil isn't the same for everyone. Some people are grateful for 100k gil, or 1 mil. Some think 200 mil is a joke. You all hear about people making a relic for the heck of it.

Now, personally I think they are balanced. Empyrean's have higher WS dmg (in some cases), while relic's have better overall dmg. People it all depends on the player. You gotta know how to use your weapon properly, its not just for relic players its for everyone. You dont use a 437 delay GK the same way as a 450 delay.

I think people are just making a big deal out of a small thing. If you feel its worth quitting over that a ws can do 5k dmg in abyssea then your sadly mistaken. Non relic/empyrean weapons can do 5k dmg. A good war can no problem.

With atma you can get regain... That helps every damage dealer.

Yes, sky/sea is easy (it was easy years ago though btw). Dynamis has been easy for years... HNM's have been easy with the right strat. This game has been easy for a long time. Abyssea has brought new challenges and they are challenging. If you get to a high enough tier NM its actually really fun fights.

AV is still hard (ignoring perfect defense strats... that broke it so bad). And then there is PW. You still have these two NM's to go out and try to kill. If you want to use a strat that makes it stupidly easy go ahead, its your teams choice.

----
I do think they *** up the game with abyssea though. It really screwed up lower leveling. People can get 85 in a day no problem.

Maat's Cap: This use to be a sign of pride. "I've been around long enough and worked hard enough to fight maat on every job." It was a sign of respect. Then Level Sync came along and a lot of bad players starting showing up that had the hat. With Abyssea now... this is just a joke. A total noob can get a maat's cap in a week if they did nothing but level. OK, maybe a lil more than week, but a week to earn enough exp for one.

The old game we knew and loved is gone. It ended, in my own personal opinion, when level sync came out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-01 20:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Honestly I don't understand what keeps you guys playing with this ridiculous trial system, it's like doing damn community service or something. I've yet to find anyone who actually gets any satisfaction or amusement from this ***.
I get satisfaction doing 3k WSs with my WoE weapon :x
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-11-01 20:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have zero patients for most of the trials so I just do some to kill time, WS Trials can be fun...but since they didn't get the patch the day/weather ones got, it gets tedious fast.

Currently at:
Vorpal Scythex300 on Vermin
Sickle Moonx300 on Plantoids
I can do both in Boyahada tree easily on mandies & crawlers.

Last ws trial is Polearm
300x Skewer on birds I can ether go to sky & do FoV or lolbri in Thickets, I'm not gonna enjoy getting Impulse Drive though >.> (though I could just skip that & just get the Store TP path)

Its more fun to do these trials with friends...makes them less tedious to work on.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-11-01 20:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
I have zero patients for most of the trials so I just do some to kill time, WS Trials can be fun...but since they didn't get the patch the day/weather ones got, it gets tedious fast.

Currently at:

Last ws trial is Polearm
300x Skewer on birds I can ether go to sky & do FoV or lolbri in Thickets, I'm not gonna enjoy getting Impulse Drive though >.> (though I could just skip that & just get the Store TP path)

Its more fun to do these trials with friends...makes them less tedious to work on.

Before I quit, me and a few friends used to try and make it more fun by making it a competition. We split into 2 teams of 2 and raced to rack up 100 kills <_< But ya know what? It was still fricking boring.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-01 20:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

dont worry u guys will have more trials once the new lvl cap comes out OR that weapon you killed 2000mobs for will become useless!!!! :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-11-01 20:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:

Currently at:

Last ws trial is Polearm

Before I quit, me and a few friends used to try and make it more fun by making it a competition. We split into 2 teams of 2 and raced to rack up 100 kills <_< But ya know what? It was still fricking boring.

/sigh True though I suppose its a tinsy less boreing if your npc isn't lvl70 but even that gets boreing :( ether you make their quota or they run out of time, most of the time I just finish when Mugido is done on his kills u_u

Ugh speaking of why do I get the feeling *IF* SE decides to let npc's get 75 we will have to do a mini trial with them? like... npc must get kill shot on x number of x exp mobs.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-11-01 20:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
Maat's Cap: This use to be a sign of pride. "I've been around long enough and worked hard enough to fight maat on every job." It was a sign of respect. Then Level Sync came along and a lot of bad players starting showing up that had the hat. With Abyssea now... this is just a joke. A total noob can get a maat's cap in a week if they did nothing but level. OK, maybe a lil more than week, but a week to earn enough exp for one.

The old game we knew and loved is gone. It ended, in my own personal opinion, when level sync came out.

I agree...
[+]
By Gemah 2010-11-01 21:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Siren.Kalilla said:

I agree...

I just think they should raise the lvl cap to get into Abyssea. I mean honestly, it shouldn't be so low because it seriously kills the chance of getting into a party post 30. I met someone with two 85s the other day lvling up a lower level job cause he couldn't get into Abyssea who told me he it was his first time partying in Crawler's Nest...

I didn't mind level sync; I actually thought it was a good idea. But getting into an Abyssea party and getting from 30 to 85 doing nothing but opening a chest? That is beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I feel like I'm gonna be called a noob for not having a maats cap soon...
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 22:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

People need to experience valkurm dunes,qufim island, yuhtunga/yhoator jungles, garlaige citadel, crawlers nest, bibiki bay and so on. From there it makes you appreciate abyssea's fast exp accumulation. it should be a requirement to level a job through that grindfest and learn some simple party basics before you can abyssea
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashido
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2010-11-01 22:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People experience the dunes.

when there waiting for invites to abyssea parties .

>.>

but i agree. the game is to simple now.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-01 22:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
People need to experience valkurm dunes,qufim island, yuhtunga/yhoator jungles, garlaige citadel, crawlers nest, bibiki bay and so on. From there it makes you appreciate abyssea's fast exp accumulation. it should be a requirement to level a job through that grindfest and learn some simple party basics before you can abyssea

Not really, ffxi takes no skill to play and you can learn really fast
 Bahamut.Vagrua
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2010-11-01 23:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:

I can't agree with this when I see black mages wiping from using job abilities at a murex camp or not gravity/sleeping mobs in between nukes. You need to be able to coordinate when situations get bad. Working as a group instead of just one person putting all the effort and everyone else being afk or just watching wondering what to do.
By Serj 2010-11-01 23:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:

Just because you have no skill and have set a standard for yourself doesn't mean everyone else is at your sub par standard or lower, buddy.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-01 23:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vagrua said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

I can't agree with this when I see black mages wiping from using job abilities at a murex camp or not gravity/sleeping mobs in between nukes. You need to be able to coordinate when situations get bad. Working as a group instead of just one person putting all the effort and everyone else being afk or just watching wondering what to do.

thats why you have to apply to linkshells and usually do trial periods, I expect nothing less from random pickups
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-11-01 23:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, I miss the days of level syncs in dunes new people not knowing lizards & goblins link & the party wiping, eating sand & laughing about your epic fail deaths due to the puller. But some jobs...you just AB then level the rest of the way (Galka whm sadly is unlikely to get invited to a dunes party as a healer, though I did do quite well as a lowbie sch, 2 Astral rings, & Cobra unit Tunica work very well) I do not regret leveling Cuddle's sch the way I chose cause If I had chosen to level him after the cap I don't think I'd be 66 right now U-u I don't wanna keybitch my way to 75+ subjobs however for Tohi yes I will try to keywhore...nin especially I hate that job! (*Gets ready to have angry Ninja after me*)

My feelings for Abyssburns are like AF burns I would only use them for subjob leveling only. I don't care how someone levels their job just as long as they know how to play the job properly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-02 00:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care how someone levels their job just as long as they know how to play the job properly.

^
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-02 00:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone notice that if it takes 5 seconds to swing your weapon it takes 1 minute in game time. How can you fight if you can only swing once per minute? Reality is ***.
[+]
By Serj 2010-11-02 00:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Did anyone notice that if it takes 5 seconds to swing your weapon it takes 1 minute in game time. How can you fight if you can only swing once per minute? Reality is ***.

I think you're going about it the wrong way. Instead of thinking 1 min in game = (in a reality aspect) 1 min irl, their concept of 1 min = 5 secs of our time.
 Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
user: FireDeath
By Siren.Ilax 2010-11-02 00:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:

Trial 1057

Trial 1058

Trial 1862

Trial 1863

Trial 2271

*sarcasm*

and then you realize masamune is better

Tell me about it, is like SE give punishment to who made relic. Every update when i see another 2,000 mob to blow with Mercy Fail, i just wan take mandau and drop it. As you said, masamune is better... by probably 4~8x compare to mandau.

I don't really care if SE really wan to make relic all LOL weapon, but for god shake, don't ask us to do 30,000 final blow to finally find out we loosing even more time into it. Crude enough atm.
 Titan.Dekadense
Server: Titan
user: Dekadense
By Titan.Dekadense 2010-11-02 00:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly. We'll never get what we wanted.
In just a week of Abyssea I felt I got all my needs fulfilled and destroyed at the same time. Linkshells are practically breaking/becoming inactive due to this need of leveling and/or 3manning AF3 items. It's so sad, it has gotten to the point where I start doing magian weapons for jobs I can care less about. Shoot, I miss the days we had to compete with RMT from Zipacna popping so at least we felt like we truly accomplished something. Or my very first nid kill. But being able to 3-4man tier 3 aby NMs lol ugh no excitement anymore.
First Page 2