You Think SE Ever Did Any Math?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » you think SE ever did any math?
you think SE ever did any math?
 Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: FireDeath
By Siren.Ilax 2010-11-02 00:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, sometime i wonder if SE not doing all this just to get ppl upset of FFXI and make them go play 14... Idk maybe that working, for me no way ill sign up again with them in a new MMO.

I hope that new 'director' they got recently will put some clean up in all this and surprise us with something better. Or maybe this will just go worse and worse, who know... i think we all on /wait atm to see what going to happen @ 99... I bet 95% are not happy with all this, and we kinda all walk in the dark.
 Kujata.Savain
Server: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2010-11-02 00:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, you'll always have players who don't know how to play some job in some situation, especially now. I agree that level-sync broke the party system, because in dunes, one WHM with astral rings could main heal an entire party of 2h DDs. Level-sync let me burn a lot of subs past jungle/GC/CN levels by finding a different level syncee in Qufim and *** pugils for 15k/hr. I went through the grind sessions and the late night Friday party-forming sessions that took 1-3 hours depending on whether people seeking were interested in EXP or AF1. I understand party mechanics and because of my unrelenting hatred for stupidity I learned to low-man the majority of events in FF. This being said, failure exists even after a person completes a magian trial or acquires a piece of relic. Gil intake doesn't imply genius or good playing. One guy I knew finished his Aegis in a little over a year, but took another year and a half to learn how to use it, to learn how to macro properly, how to macro situational armor, how to read up on an event before going to it. A lot of other relic users do things like tell me to bring a job not THF to a farming session when my gear and level is better and higher than his. He then doesn't macro (or have) his AF hands on for the kill, and doesn't macro in THF knife. Or a DD in Armada Hauberk continues swinging at a monster even after MP is low or after 3-4 AoE moves that require a single target main tank bomb-curing session. Ranked, the gear I have for my jobs is in the upper echelon of FF society, and it's been this way ever since the great inflation and deflation, so when I see people running around in Haubergeon +1 I remember the trials and tribulations I had to go through to buy my own. SE never did do the math on these trials, but they also never accounted for skilled & unskilled players. Most of their events aren't strategic. It's some combination of either DDx3 COR BRD RDM or BLMx5 RDM to lowman almost everything in-game, subbing ninja when applicable. I find it's in being able to respond to expected but rare situations that you find out who the good players are. If the linkshell leader of a leading linkshell on your server takes your RDMs 2HR restore chest for TP, doesn't macro in THF's knife or assassin's armlets, lies about using TH atma, panics and runs around in a circle around a NM after it has killed the other two DDs (because inattentive tank and DD who does nothing but mindlessly swing are never good), does not have an EVA set or PDT set for THF, and has two relics to his name, you know you're dealing with an idiot.

At best, SE wants us to be content. A content player is a monthly paycheck, a happy player buys gil from IGN, and a sad player recruits friends for more monthly paychecks after you find yourself wanting company on the lonely nights spent grinding 50 flies for that great katana magian trial before weather gives 5 points a kill.
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-02 01:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course SE can do math you dumbass. How else would they make it to 11? Counting? Not likely when your counting system includes quantities like "Tactics" or "10-2."
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-11-02 02:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
LOL, Have you taken a look at the Relic Trials yet?
They don't get any type of bonuses and must have the 'finishing strike' every single time.

Take the trials it takes to get a lvl 85 Amanomurakumo for instance:

Trial 1057
Unleash Tachi: Kaiten 1500x times on experience-yielding Beasts.

Trial 1058
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Vermin family.

Trial 1862
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Arcana family.

Trial 1863
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Bird family.

Trial 2271
Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Aquans ecosystem.

Excluding the first 1500 WS's you must perform as 'non-finishing blows' you must kill 7000 Mobs with the finishing blow of "Tachi:Kaiten"
So on top of wasting years of your life gathering the currency needed for these weapons, you now have to devote 120+ hours of work into making them worth using?!?!?!

SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!!
*sarcasm*
Could be worse, you could do excalibur and then realise pld is useless now...My poor bf =(
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-11-02 02:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

and than you realize you will have relics lvl 99 and e-Relics 99.

poor relic holders.

Especially sam's got f'd in the A with the introduction of the new e-Relic.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-02 02:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
LOL, Have you taken a look at the Relic Trials yet? They don't get any type of bonuses and must have the 'finishing strike' every single time. Take the trials it takes to get a lvl 85 Amanomurakumo for instance: Trial 1057 Unleash Tachi: Kaiten 1500x times on experience-yielding Beasts. Trial 1058 Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Vermin family. Trial 1862 Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Arcana family. Trial 1863 Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Bird family. Trial 2271 Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Aquans ecosystem. Excluding the first 1500 WS's you must perform as 'non-finishing blows' you must kill 7000 Mobs with the finishing blow of "Tachi:Kaiten" So on top of wasting years of your life gathering the currency needed for these weapons, you now have to devote 120+ hours of work into making them worth using?!?!?! SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!! *sarcasm*
Could be worse, you could do excalibur and then realise pld is useless now...My poor bf =(

He is smart enough to know that RDM can use Excalibur too right....

What some of the relics have over E-relics is they can be used by more then one job.

Excalibur is pld and rdm

mandau is rdm, thf, brd
 Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
user: FireDeath
By Siren.Ilax 2010-11-02 02:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
and than you realize you will have relics lvl 99 and e-Relics 99.

poor relic holders.

Especially sam's got f'd in the A with the introduction of the new e-Relic.

ya of course...

Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-11-02 02:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Honestly I don't understand what keeps you guys playing with this ridiculous trial system, it's like doing damn community service or something. I've yet to find anyone who actually gets any satisfaction or amusement from this ***.
I'm BLM as main and the Elemental Staves dont take that long to finish if you got the time or dont have to run into noobs taking your mobs.
With multible mobs just gather them, sleepga > ga3 > sleepga > etc
As for Surya's Staff (cure potency) it was rather easy too, kill some mobs which you can do on blm ex. and gather bottled Pixies.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-11-02 02:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:

The old game we knew and loved is gone. It ended, in my own personal opinion, when level sync came out.

this
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-11-02 07:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
LOL, Have you taken a look at the Relic Trials yet? They don't get any type of bonuses and must have the 'finishing strike' every single time. Take the trials it takes to get a lvl 85 Amanomurakumo for instance: Trial 1057 Unleash Tachi: Kaiten 1500x times on experience-yielding Beasts. Trial 1058 Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Vermin family. Trial 1862 Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 1500 monsters of the Arcana family. Trial 1863 Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Bird family. Trial 2271 Use Tachi: Kaiten to deal the finishing blow to 2000 monsters of the Aquans ecosystem. Excluding the first 1500 WS's you must perform as 'non-finishing blows' you must kill 7000 Mobs with the finishing blow of "Tachi:Kaiten" So on top of wasting years of your life gathering the currency needed for these weapons, you now have to devote 120+ hours of work into making them worth using?!?!?! SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!! *sarcasm*

He is smart enough to know that RDM can use Excalibur too right....

What some of the relics have over E-relics is they can be used by more then one job.

Excalibur is pld and rdm

mandau is rdm, thf, brd
Yeah but who melee as a rdm? seriously...?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-02 08:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Yeah but who melee as a rdm? seriously...?
<<<---- this guy. Something to do on easy mobs when nothing else to do. Like early on on salvage. With 2-3 swd and enspell actually had decent dps compared to other melees lol.

Also when I'm solo blood tanking... but then I'm using the pdt swd
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-11-02 08:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit if you're gonna quit I don't see tons of linkshells breaking aside from maybe limbus/sky shells dyna still has a place since people still want to buy relics. Sea the torques are still some of the best neck pieces in game yeah they might get replaced but most likely that new item will be more than likely hard to get.

ToM some of the trials I can see being very boring pick a ele path then if you dont have much time? Really I just completed my Shamshir+1 fire path in a week which really isnt that bad for a really good sword.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-02 08:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
The updates aren't even done, so calling things end-game MAY be a little premature.

On the other hand, wouldn't expect anything but more of the same from SE. Rinse, repeat.

Good point Bart. We still have a 3rd expansion of Abyssea to look into.