Going AFK in Abyssea Parties
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-01 13:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I use razed ruins, but I always opt for minikin just because I can kill endlessly with it on. Same reason I always sub ninja. Most of the time when I'm in abyssea on blu, it's to break away from an alliance after getting capped lights and decent time. I then proceed to farm gold chests and spicules.

Harder to break 4k without both DD type atmas, /thf, or spells specifically set for stat modifiers.

I also still don't have the blu+1 head. My shell never seems to kill NMs that drop those seals. I'm also 37/140 or so on the stupid chocobo quest. 17 of those 37 were paladin seals (Shits a little ridiculous).
 Bismarck.Williamlee
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Williamlee 2010-11-01 13:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
FireDeath said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
So how exactly is afking for a few minutes every so often but doing 4x as much damage bad when you're present bad? I don't get it.

what you mean every so often? 15 min afk for every 5 min played? and no, even if you are doing 4x the DMG, don't you think is what made ppl doing they trial and stay happy? Jealous of be the one do the work? then why join the PT?

Everyone at some point will need some kind of leech, low level, weapon skill low, wrogn gear, trial, and so on. You think you special just bc you have different goal? that just wrong, think for other too.

Point is; I could AFK half the time I was there and still contribute more than the gimps I usually see in alliances.

Counterpoint is; You can't contribute if you're afk. It doesn't matter how much DMG you can do for the time your there. My personal point, I'll take a 60ish WHM over a Relic Player who afks
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-01 13:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I never AFK during Abyssea parties.

However I do occationally fall asleep while playing, but most times I am holding my keyboard so I am not "away from keyboard".

**and by occationally..pretty much every pick up pt I'm in..but they are getting smarter now..instead of D2ing me they just drop me from the party and it blows all my time instead..
[+]
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 13:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
FireDeath said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
So how exactly is afking for a few minutes every so often but doing 4x as much damage bad when you're present bad? I don't get it.

what you mean every so often? 15 min afk for every 5 min played? and no, even if you are doing 4x the DMG, don't you think is what made ppl doing they trial and stay happy? Jealous of be the one do the work? then why join the PT?

Everyone at some point will need some kind of leech, low level, weapon skill low, wrogn gear, trial, and so on. You think you special just bc you have different goal? that just wrong, think for other too.

Point is; I could AFK half the time I was there and still contribute more than the gimps I usually see in alliances.

why bc you special huh? Don't you think these Gimps player that you stating will be the one later make you get Exp from a gimps future job? Or wait, are you telling me you have all job85, all relic, all skill up, all merit?

Just think about it, you not doing half the job, that just in your head my friend.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-01 13:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I also still don't have the blu+1 head. My shell never seems to kill NMs that drop those seals. I'm also 37/140 or so on the stupid chocobo quest. 17 of those 37 were paladin seals (Shits a little ridiculous).
Yeah I just got mine last night. After tons of bad luck with groups I decided to start soloing whiro. really nice since I got minkin last night. And proc !! and got 2 blu. Went to try and get last one thru choco quest... 10 other seals later finally got it lol. That hat is so awesome though
By BorealisV2 2010-11-01 13:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Williamlee said:
BorealisV2 said:
FireDeath said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Counterpoint is; You can't contribute if you're afk. It doesn't matter how much DMG you can do for the time your there. My personal point, I'll take a 60ish WHM over a Relic Player who afks

Right, so if I WS twice the amount a gimp does for over 2k more damage in half an hour, then AFK for half an hour, he's contributed more? Not than I'm saying AFKing is good, because it really isn't, but I'd still take the AFKer as long as he/she said something about AFKing and actually came back.

Counterpoint denied.
 Leviathan.Agentd
Server: Leviathan
user: Agentd
By Leviathan.Agentd 2010-11-01 13:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the only thing worse than leeches in abyssea exp parties (by leeches, I mean afk ppl, not key ***) are afk players during magian trials. How do you join a party to kill enemies and then spend 80% of it not even there? It's even worse on NMs, when it takes hours for a window to open and even longer for the lotto pop. If you alternate being afk for pops, I could understand, but to jump in and leave? Get bent, seriously.
By Ralunsanlun 2010-11-01 13:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say this i have kids and if something comes up that takes longer then 5ish minutes i say i need to go for a cpl and if my spots still open when i get back id like it back,but if not i understand.

There is this guy ive had 4 ptys with in last 2 weeks whos been kicked out of all 4 for going afk.Always make me feel warm all over when i get to level your job for you while you go and eat dinner,take a shower and so on.

Amazingly enough last week he came back in time to lot my dragoon feet just before they dropped made me feel like reaching through the screen and strangling his gimped ***.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-11-01 13:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
BorealisV2 said:
FireDeath said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

why bc you special huh? Don't you think these Gimps player that you stating will be the one later make you get Exp from a gimps future job? Or wait, are you telling me you have all job85, all relic, all skill up, all merit?

Just think about it, you not doing half the job, that just in your head my friend.

Someone translate this for me.
 Carbuncle.Littlevegeta
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Littlevegeta 2010-11-01 13:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont see anything wrong with doing a trial in pt if the pt is rocking it... or in my case i did one but i was on thf and pulling so i wasnt actually doing any damage anyway
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-01 13:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:

Just because you could AFK half the time and still contribute more than "gimps" doesn't justify AFK'ing excessively.

If you didn't AFK half the time, you could contribute even more.
By BorealisV2 2010-11-01 13:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
BorealisV2 said:

Just because you could AFK half the time and still contribute more than "gimps" doesn't justify AFK'ing excessively.

True, nothing justifies AFKing short of axe wielding psychopath in the house or child gets out of his/her cage. I don't AFK. Just pointing out how ridiculously useless most people in this game are.
[+]
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 13:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Right, so if I WS twice the amount a gimp does for over 2k more damage in half an hour, then AFK for half an hour, he's contributed more? Not than I'm saying AFKing is good, because it really isn't, but I'd still take the AFKer as long as he/she said something about AFKing and actually came back.

Dude ima give you a better example then, last time i did magian h2h on bat for 3h, and i got able to finish it, thanks to all ppl in that abyssea PT that DID NOT GO AFK and got me able to finish it quick.

You know what i did after? i came back on THF with mandau spaming 2.6~3.5k DMG none stop, and i also stayed for 30 merit total. ( That was also quick with 140~160k/h), Even when i was coming back and Exp RESET was taking no time to cap it back.

My point is the same, you not doing twice or 4x the contribution, you actualy doing 50% of what you could DO if you keep AF...
[+]
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 13:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

erk... btw i am not saying everyone should bring a poo basket and a pee bootle to play abyssea... i am pointing on the 'i can afk more bc i have better gear.'
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-01 13:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
BorealisV2 said:

ITT: Less is more.
 Lakshmi.Yumeara
user: Yumeara
By Lakshmi.Yumeara 2010-11-01 13:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I especially enjoy when you have 4-5 leeches, chests still going unopened due to afking, and the leader simply states "It's cool they're friends of mine". No, no it is not cool.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-11-01 13:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
Quote:

Dude ima give you a better example then, last time i did magian h2h on bat for 3h, and i got able to finish it, thanks to all ppl in that abyssea PT that DID NOT GO AFK and got me able to finish it quick.

You know what i did after? i came back on THF with mandau spaming 2.6~3.5k DMG none stop, and i also stayed for 30 merit total. ( That was also quick with 140~160k/h), Even when i was coming back and Exp RESET was taking no time to cap it back.

My point is the same, you not doing twice or 4x the contribution, you actualy doing 50% of what you could DO if you keep AF...

Not a word...

Anyone?
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 13:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Just pointing out how ridiculously useless most people in this game are.

Sorry when you start the game, you not getting full AFv3+2 piece + all relic, so deal with it, and with attitude you have is going to just multiply the gimps ppl if you never give them a damn chance to do something.

Is not bc you have different goal, everyone else are garbage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-01 13:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl can do as they want, I'm not working for someone elses AFK exp, ever. If leader is ok having a bunch of AFK ppl (no matter what the parser says) or a bunch of low lv ppl (who arent chest ***) I'm leaving. It's not hard to find another abyssea pt really.
[+]
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 13:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

... i can't edit.. w/e

*having different goal is not making everyone else doing something different a piece of garbage.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-11-01 13:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
Quote:
Just pointing out how ridiculously useless most people in this game are.

Sorry when you start the game, you not getting full AFv3+2 piece + all relic, so deal with it, and with attitude you have is going to just multiply the gimps ppl if you never give them a damn chance to do something.

Is not bc you have different goal, everyone else are garbage.

*Nods politely giving the impression a ***was given*
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-01 13:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
... i can't edit.. w/e *having different goal is not making everyone else doing something different a piece of garbage.
You can only edit linked accounts
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-11-01 13:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

it's ffxi use a damn melee/heal bot and go to sleep
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 13:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
ppl can do as they want, I'm not working for someone elses AFK exp, ever. If leader is ok having a bunch of AFK ppl (no matter what the parser says) or a bunch of low lv ppl (who arent chest ***) I'm leaving. It's not hard to find another abyssea pt really.

That exactly my opinion too, if everyone work together and PT is actually fun, who care of Exp/h or dmg of everyone.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-11-01 13:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

/confess It was me, I'll admit it. I fell asleep with the controller in my hand again. I'm old gdi and after listening to ppl complain about everything under the sun for eight hours I start loosing my will to live. Also, I didn't have my nap!

Yes I know it's hypocritical, since it was also me that booted you earlier for botting, taru hiding in the bushes afk, whining, spam macros, opening my chests and 1,000 other reasons that pissed me off enough to boot you and look for someone else. Maybe it's unreasonable for me to expect ppl invited to come on dnc to actually dance, or for nins to have tools, so be it.

Also I warp, alot, I get fed up easy. When only six of eighteen are actually playing in aby, or the keywhores are all nude or wearing bathing suits etc. If I can't boot and I can't take it, I warp, *** it. And not just in aby either, it's whenever I get to the point this song starts running through my head non-stop.

Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-11-01 13:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Or this one...

Today's musical interlude was sponcered in part by Aspercreme, because nothing makes you feel worse that having to put on Aspercreme just to get out of bed in the morning. And by Glock handguns, for when the Aspercreme stops working.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-01 14:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
or the keywhores are all nude or wearing bathing suits etc.

What gear is beneficial to opening boxes?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-11-01 14:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Am I the only one who would prefer someone who is AFK half the time but has those weird things called "Atmas" and uses another odd tool called "food" to kill faster over someone who uses neither and does 100 damage WSs and TPs in full aurore?

lol this a million times over.

every time I would end up in a pick up EXP abyssea, there were always so many *** gimps... where a full 18 kill slower than like 3 people from my linkshell could. It got to the point where now I just refuse to do pick up groups... no sense in wasting that kind of time (and having to add like 15 idiots to my blacklist each time) when I could grab a couple people from inside the LS and wreck stuff faster, more efficiently, and get some NM drops while we're at it.
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 14:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Am I the only one who would prefer someone who is AFK half the time but has those weird things called "Atmas" and uses another odd tool called "food" to kill faster over someone who uses neither and does 100 damage WSs and TPs in full aurore?

lol this a million times over.

every time I would end up in a pick up EXP abyssea, there were always so many *** gimps... where a full 18 kill slower than like 3 people from my linkshell could. It got to the point where now I just refuse to do pick up groups... no sense in wasting that kind of time (and having to add like 15 idiots to my blacklist each time) when I could grab a couple people from inside the LS and wreck stuff faster, more efficiently, and get some NM drops while we're at it.

Yep that how everyone think now, but again '/sea all inv' and enjoy it when your friend not online. Not blaming ya, or anyone, what i am saying is ppl generalize way too much instead to point the real problem.

Shout PT can be great, i got way too many good random abyssea PT to say is bad. You can't blame ppl, when update happen everyone rush they best job with best gear to level CAP, of course everyone are happy at that point.

Look at now, everyone already have they best JOB capped, then who the hell will help them to level they gimps, ungeared, unskilled job? The game is over after they get 1 job cap? Oo No is not, we are as you are trying a new job, new weapon magian, new goal.

Of course everyone with they job CAP can say screw everyone else, let just make our ELIT group instead and not wasting our time, but you know you split in your own face if you dont have all your job already @ CAP.

Oh you can then tell me about Abyssea LS PT only, yes that work, how great if everyone do that now and everyone joining FFXI for first time see no one LFG, and have to deal with all elitism...

A lots of ppl are leaving this game everyday now, and question yourself why, Abyssea imo made a lots ppl came back just bc they had a HOPE something been made better to get EXP. Our choice to scared them with elitism and with dumb stuff.

I am personally about to ditch this game soon, not like i never got what i wanted, i have all job85 + 786 merit, i have mandau full upgraded, i have 2 OaT weapon, i have almost everything i wanted, but all this BS just make me think... WTF i am doing here since everyone keep split in face of everyone.

I am one of the rare ppl that is ready to help everyone whitout asking anything in return, i do it bc is a game and is alway fun help a fiend, as is alway fun accomplish something, even if it take a lots of time and effort. I am by far not the only one like this, or this game would be a total TRASH, but keep elitism up and you know what will happen in future with this game.

**I know my grammar blow... no need respond with that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-01 15:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

@FireDeath. I personally enjoyed your grammer.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10