New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Going AFK in Abyssea Parties
Going AFK in Abyssea Parties
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

/em grab popcorn and waiting the troll picture.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-11-01 12:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
BorealisV2 said:
FireDeath said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Am I the only one who would prefer someone who is AFK half the time but has those weird things called "Atmas" and uses another odd tool called "food" to kill faster over someone who uses neither and does 100 damage WSs and TPs in full aurore?

huh... Hey welcome #1 Epin Fenrir server, there a tons of 'short bus ppl like this here :)'

That just retard if what you just said is: if you have good stuff then you can AFK 50%... Is retard as the 2 guy in same LS that built an Abyssea PT and started ninjar everything saying: Well is for our LS ('Give me a god damn break')

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud had a good point, and ppl should stop thinking they are special...

On side note, if your superiority is that insane, why don't you just go Duo? Oh wait is it bc you could not go AFK'ish? ... w/e...

wut
^
!

If you try to help ally its fine as long as your stuff is not too much shitty...not at a Gs lvl w
you can have relic and full af3+2 etc...if you afk for long, for me your worth *** !
Idc parser, i just hate plps leechin MY work on xp, its RESPECT and POLITESS to other !
[+]
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 12:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
FireDeath said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
BorealisV2 said:
FireDeath said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Am I the only one who would prefer someone who is AFK half the time but has those weird things called "Atmas" and uses another odd tool called "food" to kill faster over someone who uses neither and does 100 damage WSs and TPs in full aurore?

huh... Hey welcome #1 Epin Fenrir server, there a tons of 'short bus ppl like this here :)'

That just retard if what you just said is: if you have good stuff then you can AFK 50%... Is retard as the 2 guy in same LS that built an Abyssea PT and started ninjar everything saying: Well is for our LS ('Give me a god damn break')

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud had a good point, and ppl should stop thinking they are special...

On side note, if your superiority is that insane, why don't you just go Duo? Oh wait is it bc you could not go AFK'ish? ... w/e...

wut
^
!

If you try to help ally its fine as long as your stuff is not too much shitty...not at a Gs lvl w
you can have relic and full af3+2 etc...if you afk for long, for me your worth *** !
Idc parser, i just hate plps leechin MY work on xp, its RESPECT and POLITESS to other !
^ amen.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

what about people who try to do magian trials in abyssea parties?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-01 12:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the trial. If they are far along on the trial and the weapon is decent to good, then sure. If they are just starting the trial and their weapon does like 20 base damage on a one handed sword, then no, *** them too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ermachko
Server: Cerberus
user: ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2010-11-01 12:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just stay away from that place, Soro all the way
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-01 12:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I had hate most the time on rng when I was skilling up bow from 126 skill...

Yeah the DDs were that bad. Hell the other rng was 300+
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 12:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
what about people who try to do magian trials in abyssea parties?

Acceptable,... until you have link and the stupid SAM still spam Tachi: Koki till everyone wipe ( yes again an horror i saw )

If PT is strong i don't see why not using magian, but if Alliance is weak from base, hmmm you wasting your time so might tell them, Sorry i have another plan can you find me a REP please, OR you can stop doing trial and try help them till they get stronger.

that my opinion.
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 12:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some of you forget the impact of Abyssea...

/sea all 1-60 inv. Give me the result?

Do NOT BLAME the one that trying to leech a new job, bc YOU WILL eventualy be one of these guy. But ya, it is something to have 1 leecher and have bunch of leecher + AFK'ish ppl, that just make everyone mad and leave abyssea and refusing to do more.

i saw bunch of PT with 3 leecher and still doing 100~160k/h, BC yes they had multi relic, or AFv3+2 or ATMAS, or just skilled player... and i don't see anything wrong with that, i doubt anyone joining a 160k/h PT with 2 leecher would really complain that much, or they complain with they belly full.
By BorealisV2 2010-11-01 12:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

L2Grammar
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 12:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
I think some of you forget the impact of Abyssea... /sea all 1-60 inv. Give me the result? Do NOT BLAME the one that trying to leech a new job, bc YOU WILL eventualy be one of these guy. But ya, it is something to have 1 leecher and have bunch of leecher + AFK'ish ppl, that just make everyone mad and leave abyssea and refusing to do more. i saw bunch of PT with 3 leecher and still doing 100~160k/h, BC yes they had multi relic, or AFv3+2 or ATMAS, or just skilled player... and i don't see anything wrong with that, i doubt anyone joining a 160k/h PT with 2 leecher would really complain that much, or they complain with they belly full.
BorealisV2 said:
L2Grammar
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 12:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
I think some of you forget the impact of Abyssea... /sea all 1-60 inv. Give me the result? Do NOT BLAME the one that trying to leech a new job, bc YOU WILL eventualy be one of these guy. But ya, it is something to have 1 leecher and have bunch of leecher + AFK'ish ppl, that just make everyone mad and leave abyssea and refusing to do more. i saw bunch of PT with 3 leecher and still doing 100~160k/h, BC yes they had multi relic, or AFv3+2 or ATMAS, or just skilled player... and i don't see anything wrong with that, i doubt anyone joining a 160k/h PT with 2 leecher would really complain that much, or they complain with they belly full.
BorealisV2 said:
L2Grammar
woot the picture i was waiting =) damn you now, bc my POPCORN is cold...
 Bismarck.Williamlee
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Williamlee 2010-11-01 12:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've lead a few runs in abyssea, all going 7-8 hours, but before I start the run I pretty much tell everyone, if you go afk without saying Anything to me or your pt leader we'll boot you and rep, I don't care what the reason is and that's really how it should be. If someone's not pulling their weight boot and replace, not even d2 them. Let them waste their time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 12:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Williamlee said:
I've lead a few runs in abyssea, all going 7-8 hours, but before I start the run I pretty much tell everyone, if you go afk without saying Anything to me or your pt leader we'll boot you and rep, I don't care what the reason is and that's really how it should be. If someone's not pulling their weight boot and replace, not even d2 them. Let them waste their time.
or retrace them xD
 Fenrir.Horsebreath
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Horsebreath 2010-11-01 12:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

More than 10 minutes without action (UNLESS NOTIFIED PRIOR TO) is leeching and I drop them from the party. If they come back from afk and I still have a spot open I may let them rejoin.
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 12:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

or retrace them xD

nah.. let them time out is way more fun, so overtime they will learn or be out of leeching stone :P
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 12:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
or retrace them xD
nah.. let them time out is way more fun, so overtime they will learn or be out of leeching stone :P
yeah...
this one time this guy leeched in my party for a while~ and no one told me about it cuz i was DDing and not paying attention to everyone else. we finally found out and booted him~ 5 hours later, he was still in the zone...then we timed out and we were like O________o dang..we got a lot time accumulated (9hours of abyssea time) too bad if we zoned we lose everything but 120min ; ;
By Crighton 2010-11-01 12:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is where bots come into play, honestly who wants to sit and smash the same buttons for hours and hours? I used to join Abyssea parties and wait til everything was going smooth, then turn on the bot and watch TV. I was still right there beside my laptop just in case something weird happened.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 12:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Crighton said:
And this is where bots come into play, honestly who wants to sit and smash the same buttons for hours and hours? I used to join Abyssea parties and wait til everything was going smooth, then turn on the bot and watch TV. I was still right there beside my laptop just in case something weird happened.
that sounds nice, espcially if someone was dual boxing and made his/her/it secondary character a buff/cure bot, that would be sweet
 Bismarck.Williamlee
By Bismarck.Williamlee 2010-11-01 12:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
or retrace them xD

Actually some people never seem to learn, but if they're coming into a run planning on wasting my time, I might as well waste theirs as well.
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-01 12:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So how exactly is afking for a few minutes every so often but doing 4x as much damage bad when you're present bad? I don't get it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-01 12:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
So how exactly is afking for a few minutes every so often but doing 4x as much damage bad when you're present bad? I don't get it.
Cause you could be not afk and carrying the other people the whole time!!!

Seriously do you people realize just how exhausting it is to have hate 90% of the time with no one healing you besides yourself and doing the vast majority of the dmg? Especially when you see other people pretty much just auto attacking. Most likely afk during most the actual fight lol
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-01 12:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure who ever said afk'ing for a few minutes here an there is bad. Most of us probably are talking about the people that afk for 45 minutes out of every hour.

Doing lots of damage inside of abyssea is not hard, even without food. Food, while still good to use, does not have as big of an effect inside of abyssea as it used to outside of abyssea. If you have cruor buffs and atma, the food's effect is quite minimal.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-01 12:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone wants a free ride, kick 'em out.
If someone needs to afk and doesn't have the decency or energy to type "afk 10 minutes, need to eat" or "afk 5 minutes, bathroom", then they don't need to be in your alliance.
If someone is blatantly using a botting program, as evidenced by never moving, and/or only using the same spell repeatedly, kick them out, too. It's harder to tell with melee bots, but at least the melee bot is contributing something, unlike a RDM bot spamming Refresh and Stoneskin on him/herself.

A group of 10-12 people actually paying attention and responding to the game in real-time will always outperform a full alliance of lazy/botting/afk/half-afk players.

Quality over quantity, I'd say. Nonetheless, people will leech/afk/sleep in Abyssea alliances, and the only recourse to discourage this practice is to boot the offenders. And, if you ask me, it's better to boot them than to D2/Retrace them. You're actually doing a afk'er/botter a favor by warping him/her, because then s/he doesn't burn/waste Abyssea time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-01 12:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, Das. No one knows how that goes. 1k savage blade > 4k quadratic continuum > 2k distortion never pulls hate (well technically it usually doesn't because most mobs are just dead after that)

Seriously though. Most of the gimp shits that don't care either way do not read this website's forums. Therefore, you're pretty much preaching to the choir.
By FireDeath 2010-11-01 12:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:

what you mean every so often? 15 min afk for every 5 min played? and no, even if you are doing 4x the DMG, don't you think is what made ppl doing they trial and stay happy? Jealous of be the one do the work? then why join the PT?

Everyone at some point will need some kind of leech, low level, weapon skill low, wrogn gear, trial, and so on. You think you special just bc you have different goal? that just wrong, think for other too.
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-11-01 12:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Love the thread.

Guilty myself but I wouldn't say its afk its more like I fell asleep and I was alliance leader...

However everyone kept PTing I guess and I woke up capped.

-Whomever read this and was in my PT that day mybad! Nobodies perfect though~
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-11-01 13:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

FireDeath said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

what you mean every so often? 15 min afk for every 5 min played? and no, even if you are doing 4x the DMG, don't you think is what made ppl doing they trial and stay happy? Jealous of be the one do the work? then why join the PT?

Everyone at some point will need some kind of leech, low level, weapon skill low, wrogn gear, trial, and so on. You think you special just bc you have different goal? that just wrong, think for other too.

Point is; I could AFK half the time I was there and still contribute more than the gimps I usually see in alliances.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-01 13:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Nope, Das. No one knows how that goes. 1k savage blade > 4k quadratic continuum > 2k distortion never pulls hate (well technically it usually doesn't because most mobs are just dead after that)
You should try with SA and Razed ruins. I hit 5.1k Benthic solo today lol. And I still need more (read both) +stat abyssites, either VV or sanguine scythe atmas and am ya know taru lol. With 0 +crit gear and no merits usefull to that
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10