Campaign Dead?
First Page 2
 Siren.Damu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Damu
By Siren.Damu 2010-10-14 01:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Campaign as dead on other servers as it is on Siren? I really wanted the Nocturnous gear but doesnt look like thats guna happen unless I change servers
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-14 01:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume so, but haven't personally done it in over a year myself
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-14 01:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Its as dead as Dead most of the time, Exp is shitty compared to say, Bastion or WoE (if you can get WoE's going =.=a).

Don't really ever see anyone on Asura doing it too often, maybe ~2-3 people per zone.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-10-14 02:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Damu said:
Is Campaign as dead on other servers as it is on Siren? I really wanted the Nocturnous gear but doesnt look like thats guna happen unless I change servers

Helm's been outdated across all jobs pretty much, and the mail is pretty much screwed once Empyrean bodies come out (bar for magic reduction as Samurai of course): Consider yourself lucky you never had to deal with walking all the way up to the throne room just to be outlotted by a headlong belt dd or something along those lines.

Other than that, yes, campaign is dead due to the time:reward ratio being abysmal when compared to Bastion and Walk of Echoes (as stated above), let alone the fact that most people find it as the most unattractive aspect of this entire game.

Got to admit though, at least for now,

The mail looks mad delicious with Unkai Kabuto (as an elvaan, kekeke).
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-14 02:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Siren.Damu said:

Helm's been outdated across all jobs pretty much, and the mail is pretty much screwed once Empyrean bodies come out (bar for magic reduction as Samurai of course): Consider yourself lucky you never had to deal with walking all the way up to the throne room just to be outlotted by a headlong belt dd or something along those lines.

Other than that, yes, campaign is dead due to the time:reward ratio being abysmal when compared to Bastion and Walk of Echoes (as stated above), let alone the fact that most people find it as the most unattractive aspect of this entire game.

Got to admit though, at least for now,

The mail looks mad delicious with Unkai Kabuto (as an elvaan, kekeke).

That's hot.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-10-14 02:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

o hiya
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-14 02:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Damu said:

I'm not sure on this, but I believe it may be possible to claim the northlands just by killing the beastmen in the area. (At least in the case of the Castle itself.) Meaning that Campaign is irrelevant to gaining access to the throne room if you really wanted to. Just grab a party of 6 friends and go to town on everything until you have claim of everything for your nation.
Note that if any NPCs or players die, it is the same as if a mob had died, so none of that.
Anyone able to confirm/deny this?

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
o hiya
Oh hai.
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-10-14 02:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Its as dead as Dead most of the time, Exp is shitty compared to say, Bastion or WoE (if you can get WoE's going =.=a).

Don't really ever see anyone on Asura doing it too often, maybe ~2-3 people per zone.

Only time I see ppl doing campaign is during JP prime.

I don't get it being dead because of Bastion though. Bastion gives fantastic experience if you don't mind bleeding your abys time dry. Something about 20 second battles and finding out a battle is about to start, zoning in just to find out its over already makes me stick with campaign.

Also post above mine I think is correct. I had heard something along those lines from multiple other people.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-14 03:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign will remain dead unless they change it a bit..

ideas hmmm

1. Let people get skill ups in campaign?

2. Open up all the campaign op bcnms and make them require a certain amount of allied notes to do if beastmen controlled?

3. sharks with lasers?
[+]
 Fenrir.Shallow
Server: Fenrir
user: Shallow
By Fenrir.Shallow 2010-10-14 03:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Campaign will remain dead unless they change it a bit..

ideas hmmm

1. Let people get skill ups in campaign?

2. Open up all the campaign op bcnms and make them require a certain amount of allied notes to do if beastmen controlled?

3. sharks with lasers?
You left out the fortifications! D:

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
3. sharks with lasers?
I approve of this though.

And campaign will probably start back up once everyone hits 99...just because they want to wait for their "Favorite Beastmen Leader(s)" to show so they can kick its ***! >:p
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-10-14 03:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

if SE wants things other than abyssea to survive, they need to do some revamping
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-10-14 08:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I've never liked the look of Nocturnus gear. It just looks like it's way too big for the player.

I guess that's something I've always liked about FFXI, the armour never looked really 'over the top', it always looked cool, but in a subtle kind of way.

But yeah, it'll be outdated soon anyway so I wouldn't worry. Unless SE are actually nice for once and let us augment our old gear, but what are the chances of that happening?
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-10-14 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yes campaign is dead like everyone said ;<

before abyssea came out i was in a JP LS that dedicated on taking northlands of campaign....they split the LS went to the northlands zone even without campaign battle up and killed the campaign monster defending 6 - 8 hours before the conquest tally until we got enough influence then stopped campaign and wait for tally

was the only LS in Ragnarok serve dedicated taking over northlands back then ;< i had a lot of fun though
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-10-14 09:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

its dead on quetz
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2010-10-14 10:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only campaign...

Besieged is kind of dead too. Last time Fenrir had the AC ORB taken for two days... It's the "the japanese will go retrieve it soon" mentality/policy.

Too bad a lot of the japanese players moved on to XIV ...
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-10-14 11:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said:
Not only campaign... Besieged is kind of dead too. Last time Fenrir had the AC ORB taken for two days... It's the "the japanese will go retrieve it soon" mentality/policy. Too bad a lot of the japanese players moved on to XIV ...
loll this is so true"the jps will get it back"
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-10-14 12:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said:
Not only campaign...

Besieged is kind of dead too. Last time Fenrir had the AC ORB taken for two days... It's the "the japanese will go retrieve it soon" mentality/policy.

Too bad a lot of the japanese players moved on to XIV ...
Lucky they'll be back because they think it sucks.
By Rayann 2010-10-14 12:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaigns pretty dead on Unicorn also... Seems Abyssea is where its at now :D
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-14 12:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ppl surely don't campaign for xp anymore..so why do it? The gear? The Allied Note gear isn't great..OMG Allied ring!! Oh wait Abyssea shat all of that as well. (however right before update 5x Exp ring durings merits was wicked.)

The Noct gear is the only gear that might be worth it..but if the regular player base is like me they are messing/playing around with new content and haven't cared enough to keep ranks maxed.(<-- this needs to be fixed imo..waste of time) they get so far behind why even pick it back up for medicore gear..when in a few short months all campaign gear will be awful.

I got to max rank, bought Allied ring and haven't been back since..

The whole Besieged thing..I never do that either..wait where is Aht Urgan again? Whitegate?? Seems like I should know what these terms are..but they seem so distant..like Valkrum or Korraloka.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-14 12:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ppl surely don't campaign for xp anymore..so why do it? The gear? The Allied Note gear isn't great..OMG Allied ring!! Oh wait Abyssea shat all of that as well. (however right before update 5x Exp ring durings merits was wicked.)

The Noct gear is the only gear that might be worth it..but if the regular player base is like me they are messing/playing around with new content and haven't cared enough to keep ranks maxed.(<-- this needs to be fixed imo..waste of time) they get so far behind why even pick it back up for medicore gear..when in a few short months all campaign gear will be awful.

I got to max rank, bought Allied ring and haven't been back since..

The whole Besieged thing..I never do that either..wait where is Aht Urgan again? Whitegate?? Seems like I should know what these terms are..but they seem so distant..like Valkrum or Korraloka.

this is a pretty accurate assessment

Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-14 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

***campaign was already dieing before abyssea came out. My old server got the throne room once not long after people figured out thats where the cool items were from and then never again
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-14 12:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty dead on Caitsith. I know Windurst and Bastok are both on our last legs and San d'Oria is right behind us. We're currently defending our home nation as our last line of defense and it's looking pretty bad.

The thing is, offensive Campaign battles are just totally worthless to do in comparison to defensive ones. Offensive battles give less exp for your time, you're not allowed to get temporary items unless your delivery NPC's are able to survive long enough to get into position, it costs more AN to get to and from the area, monsters are harder to pull without linking, monsters respawn and are backed-up by wicked AoE buffs from Imps with infinite MP, if no monsters are present then exp is cut down to virtually nothing, monsters are usually more difficult, the NPC to get Allied Tags from is separated from the battle...

I mean, there is literally no incentive to do offensive battles. It's worse for EXP, worse for AN, worse for time, and worse because of danger.

Fix some of these problems and maybe Campaign won't suck anymore. Or maybe make the Allied Campaign NPC's capable of winning without the support of player characters...
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-14 12:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They need too fix alot of stuff to make campaign viable again.

Make it so you don't loose medals, like at all..I dont loose my assault ranks do I!?!

Imo xp/note need to be equal or almost equal to bastion..only down side to Bastion is that it eats my precious Abyssea time.

They need to bring skill ups back, and getting xp for killing Forts..AFK ppl will try to ruin this again but there has got to be a solution for this as well..if you reach 300 tp and hold it for more than 3 sec..you die an almighty Campaign Bunny drops from the heaves and kicks your ***..and you can't raise you have to HP.

Come up with better gear, gear that will actually be worth it after lvl increase..or make Allied Ring work in Abyssea..would be awesome when you first start out and xp is low.

Make it easy to do the Camp OPs missions. There is good gear with Cuch Mantle and such..make them easier to unlock.

I am stealing this one from someone else, but Sharks with lazers.

OR!! Have Af3 boots drop in Union pools along with seals! I know this will never happen but it would be kinda nice to have a chance at getting af3 boots/seals without blowing endless ammounts of time for nothing.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-14 13:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet bosses are a lot easier now at least. Would make for a good hour or two of having fun on BLU.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-10-14 13:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
They need too fix alot of stuff to make campaign viable again.

Make it so you don't loose medals, like at all..I dont loose my assault ranks do I!?!

Imo xp/note need to be equal or almost equal to bastion..only down side to Bastion is that it eats my precious Abyssea time.

They need to bring skill ups back, and getting xp for killing Forts..AFK ppl will try to ruin this again but there has got to be a solution for this as well..if you reach 300 tp and hold it for more than 3 sec..you die an almighty Campaign Bunny drops from the heaves and kicks your ***..and you can't raise you have to HP.

Come up with better gear, gear that will actually be worth it after lvl increase..or make Allied Ring work in Abyssea..would be awesome when you first start out and xp is low.

Make it easy to do the Camp OPs missions. There is good gear with Cuch Mantle and such..make them easier to unlock.

I am stealing this one from someone else, but Sharks with lazers.

OR!! Have Af3 boots drop in Union pools along with seals! I know this will never happen but it would be kinda nice to have a chance at getting af3 boots/seals without blowing endless ammounts of time for nothing.

Dang we need you on the Dev team.
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-10-14 13:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I still do it, but that's because I can't get any sort of abyssea party as a 62 thf and I'm tired of lvl 37 East Ronnie(s) pts. You are right though. I see almost no one out there, and I always hope I don't die because there's a chance there might not be someone with raise in the area. >.>
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-10-14 13:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

everything is dead to you people! *cries in a corner*
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-10-14 13:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

People still do it on my server of course, like they probably do on other servers, but not enough do campaign to have control over the northlands. :/
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-10-14 13:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
everything is dead to you people! *cries in a corner*

You're dead to me!!!!!! j/k

wife and i did some campaign a few days back to try to keep our medals (stupid design) and there was actually quite a few ppl playing it. but windy only owned 1 region and other nations were pretty much the same. we lose our AC on a regular basis, last time i did beseiged was when i accidentally walked in on one.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-14 13:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Every night when I log I think of things to do..I don't play alot and when I play I like to have fun and be productive..

Lately its been killing NMs in Abyssea with a few close friends. Damn you giant, Pluviale why won't you drop! 0/22 is raping my stones.

Other than Giants I have seal NMs/Gear NMs/AF3 hunts/AF3 quests and such..oh yeah and TE/XP pts.

Outside of Abyssea I have linkshell events. Random quests and missions, or maybe just helping friend with whatever they need.

Trial crap or helping friends with trial crap.

Lvling Subs.

Watching my moogle spin.

Other stuff.

Campaign. Imo its not even worth the time to do it.

This list my not be in the perfect order it just depends on the night but as you can see..I would have to be very bored to do campaign..and I am assuming many other players share the same feelings.
First Page 2