Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-14 13:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Varistor said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
everything is dead to you people! *cries in a corner*
You're dead to me!!!!!! j/k wife and i did some campaign a few days back to try to keep our medals (stupid design) and there was actually quite a few ppl playing it. but windy only owned 1 region and other nations were pretty much the same. we lose our AC on a regular basis, last time i did beseiged was when i accidentally walked in on one.
How else we suppose to get IMPERIAL STANDING!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-14 13:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be possible to get the control with a group of 6 ? Just kill mobs in those areas w/o tags on to change influence.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-14 13:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess campaign being dead is also in line with the story!
 Titan.Xairu
Server: Titan
user: Xairu
By Titan.Xairu 2010-10-14 14:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like it was right after the lvl cap got bumped to 80, was so crowded you could barely get 300xp per battle -.-

It's not bad now though, usually around 10-25 people per, lets you get a good reaping. I lvl'd my DNC from 61 to 67 in cb over a couple weeks - avg. about 2k per battle, and scoring a few 3k+
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-14 14:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xairu said:
It's not like it was right after the lvl cap got bumped to 80, was so crowded you could barely get 300xp per battle -.- It's not bad now though, usually around 10-25 people per, lets you get a good reaping. I lvl'd my DNC from 61 to 67 in cb over a couple weeks - avg. about 2k per battle, and scoring a few 3k+
I'm not trying to be mean or anything..but good hell I couldn't imagine lvling a job in campaign onry. I'd much rather do FoV or make my own pt. Abyssea pt's shouldn't be that hard to make and if you make it you can come on any job you want.

At least you have Bastion so thats good.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-10-14 14:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I am just adding to the consensus that it's dead, here on Fenrir, at least - well, dead enough to prevent reclaiming the northlands. Shoot, there's been a lot of city battles (Windy... I am looking at you...) in the past few months.

That being said, just regular campaign battles seem about the same as I've always seen them, maybe slightly less populated.
 Fenrir.Horsebreath
By Fenrir.Horsebreath 2010-10-14 14:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandy is under attack too, it appears campaign is dying slowly....
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-14 15:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea Fantasy XI: Enjoy your stay.

You wonder why Campaign is dead, you wonder why EVERYTHING is dead except for Abyssea?

Think about it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2010-10-14 16:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle's campaigning has died down some, but it's not completely dead from what I've seen. I'll still do it about once a week. Grauberg usually has at least 5-10 people whenever I head out there. I'm guessing lots of them are working on ToTM so they'll join in for extra exp. Most of the other zones do seem pretty dead though at least when I'm campaiging there.

I haven't noticed Windhurst be under attack since Abyssea so I guess enough of us are still doing it. I can't say the same for the other S- cities though, I probably haven't been to either one in nearly a year.

Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-14 16:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you why siren's campaign is dead.. 650 people logged on atm >_>
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2010-10-14 16:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Abyssea Fantasy XI: Enjoy your stay. You wonder why Campaign is dead, you wonder why EVERYTHING is dead except for Abyssea? Think about it.

Abyssea'a the newest thing on the game, so why wouldn't most people be doing that? I can see from your avatar that you moved onto 14 so I'm sure you can understand how addictive and fun something new can be ^^

Also, for what it's worth I know people that are still doing Dynamis, Limbus, Nyzul, Campaign, Sky, VNMs and HNMs on my server in addition to Aby NM runs and exp.

We're not all slaves to Abyssea, but Abyssea is still pretty new and it's fun for most of us that have chosen to stuck with XI for the longhaul :)
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-14 17:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shotzie said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Abyssea Fantasy XI: Enjoy your stay. You wonder why Campaign is dead, you wonder why EVERYTHING is dead except for Abyssea? Think about it.

Abyssea'a the newest thing on the game, so why wouldn't most people be doing that? I can see from your avatar that you moved onto 14 so I'm sure you can understand how addictive and fun something new can be ^^

Also, for what it's worth I know people that are still doing Dynamis, Limbus, Nyzul, Campaign, Sky, VNMs and HNMs on my server in addition to Aby NM runs and exp.

We're not all slaves to Abyssea, but Abyssea is still pretty new and it's fun for most of us that have chosen to stuck with XI for the longhaul :)

Sadly it's not a matter of it being new.

Abyssea is all there is to keep up with the new level caps being released back to back so fast and the only place to get appropriate gear for the newer levels.
That was a really bad choice (imo) as it put everyone into grinding mode, and no one will be giving up the exp/hr from Aby for slower exp, if not on occasional times when they get nostalgic about old content.

I personally would enjoy seeing old events stay alive but the way SE "updated" the game, by lvl 99 whoever happens to want something from old content events will be able to go in and solo it.
That will disrupt the balance in events such as Limbus and Dynamis where zones are unavailable unless no one is in them.

And why even bother with old events when 99% of the gear is outdated. Dynamis and limbus will eventually become RMT domain for ABs and Currency.

As for Campaign, it's over.. Unless they lift the current rules related to Campaign, no one will find much of a reason to joining CBs
Aside from a handful of items, it's no worth the pain in the neck to hit a damn medal every 5 RL days and have to worry about holding it.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-14 17:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, ive managed to keep my medal of altana up to date.. just do campaign once a month and get the 9k notes 9k exp to renew in 2~3 hours.

Probably a waste of time but i really dont want to lose it >_>
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-14 17:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to have in case anything new is released in CB.... If someone does figure out a way to get the Northlands solo we will see Campaign revived a little
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-14 17:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just have to kill the mobs w/o tags on, how many I dunno tho.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-14 18:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

On Phoenix: Yes.
Even Bastok Markets past gets Campaign lol.
Sandy only owns two zones too
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2010-10-14 18:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

"And why even bother with old events when 99% of the gear is outdated. Dynamis and limbus will eventually become RMT domain for ABs and Currency."

I do old content because I enjoy it, I didn't get anything out of killing Aspy but it was just fun to kill a giant turtle with some friends ^^

I'm exping my 80 BST slowly the old fashioned in the Mire because it's more exciting than having my sheep mutliate eps in Cape T. If I die, I know I can always do a quick Bastion and get the few k back in no time. I know it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to most of you but it's fun to me damnit xD

I do agree that it'd be great if they put some spice back into the old endgame, and maybe they will just yet. I was reading an article on alla a few days ago though and they did say they would be adding more stuff for the higher levels somewhere down the road. I was under the impression it would be more than just JAs or spells. They did also say it was a rough decision to raise the cap because they knew how it would cause imbalance but overall they thought it was what it would take to motivate people to want to play more.

Maybe they will beef up Campaign again, give it the instant, high amount of exp of Bastion but the longevity of a Campaign fight..Can you imagine? :o
 Siren.Damu
user: Damu
By Siren.Damu 2010-10-15 05:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

nice to see all the input lol i think the consensus is campaign is dead lol but i agree there are things they need to do to make it better i like a lot of your ideas and feed back thanks everyone
 Titan.Xairu
By Titan.Xairu 2010-10-15 19:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Titan.Xairu said:
It's not like it was right after the lvl cap got bumped to 80, was so crowded you could barely get 300xp per battle -.- It's not bad now though, usually around 10-25 people per, lets you get a good reaping. I lvl'd my DNC from 61 to 67 in cb over a couple weeks - avg. about 2k per battle, and scoring a few 3k+
I'm not trying to be mean or anything..but good hell I couldn't imagine lvling a job in campaign onry. I'd much rather do FoV or make my own pt. Abyssea pt's shouldn't be that hard to make and if you make it you can come on any job you want.

At least you have Bastion so thats good.
Well up until recently I have been against abyssea, but pretty well if I stayed stubborn and never gave in I'd not get anywhere fast. We will know the ones who know how to play their jobs from the pissants who are lv85 with no weapon skill and 0 idea how the job works though.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-10-15 19:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
most people find it as the most unattractive aspect of this entire game.

Ironically, campaign was the only thing that I bothered doing most of the time from July until I quit last month. For me, Abyssea lost it's appeal within like 2 weeks cause it just became an unending Dynamis with mandies and bats instead of gobs and orcs. I liked campaign cause it didn't involve any planning or sitting around for an hour waiting for people to get to together, I could just log in for an hour, do a fight or two, log out and go do something else.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-10-15 20:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Damu said:
Is Campaign as dead on other servers as it is on Siren? I really wanted the Nocturnous gear but doesnt look like thats guna happen unless I change servers

didn't read other posts... but seriously do some Ops or something... who cares if other people don't do it, do what you want..
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-10-15 20:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ppl surely don't campaign for xp anymore..so why do it? The gear? The Allied Note gear isn't great..OMG Allied ring!! Oh wait Abyssea shat all of that as well. (however right before update 5x Exp ring durings merits was wicked.)

The Noct gear is the only gear that might be worth it..but if the regular player base is like me they are messing/playing around with new content and haven't cared enough to keep ranks maxed.(<-- this needs to be fixed imo..waste of time) they get so far behind why even pick it back up for medicore gear..when in a few short months all campaign gear will be awful.

I got to max rank, bought Allied ring and haven't been back since..

The whole Besieged thing..I never do that either..wait where is Aht Urgan again? Whitegate?? Seems like I should know what these terms are..but they seem so distant..like Valkrum or Korraloka.

wait...there are servers that lose besieged battles?!? LOL

Campaign is still viable. Can say whatever but there is still a solid 7-8 pieces of gear (at least) that nothing in Abyssea beats yet. As for in a few months all gear in campaign being obsolete? Nothing more than wild speculation. People were saying that @75 about the 80 increase yet here we are @85 and pieces like Rose Strap, Iron Ram set(sry no gear set period including abyssea matches the elemental defense this set provides), Sonia's Plectrum(situationally), Sturm's Report(inb4 Aureole as if that's a common simple piece to obtain. Did I mention Aureole isn't from abyssea either?), Crocodile Collar, Bull Necklace(both situational but still not bested for what they do). And yea Allied Ring. Not to mention some of the throne room pieces.

Regardless I do agree that campaign needs to be revamped. Saying all the gear is obsolete though is an obvious troll :/

I'd like to see it revamped. Campaign is one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game. Aside from the gear its fun to do from time to time.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-15 21:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:

I'd like to see it revamped. Campaign is one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game. Aside from the gear its fun to do from time to time.
As long as you don't have a bunch of gimp retards feeding mobs tp and not letting people earning good exp, it's all right.
Most of them went to abyssea though.
Nocturnus Helm sucks (Varangian Helm says hi), and the body is only good for DRG and (situationally) DRK.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-10-15 21:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I *kind of* like how it is now, no drama if you go to solo mobs. Trouble is if you don't have reraise on you're screwed cause 99% of the time ppl refuse to raise you till after it ends IF anyone else is still in the zone that is, I agree with the posts about revamping it, maybe add some 76+ gear in the Medal of Altana section since theirs not very much there, though knowing SE they'll just add more Campaign WS only weapons (though I would not mind having a Spinechiller GS & Warden of Terror Scythe >.> <.<) Though I solo mobs I wont complain if they raise the levels of the mobs I just hope the exp wont be so...limited when 50+npcs are hitting the mob (might be an over exaggeration...)
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-15 21:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

good, I can finally get some exp in piece w/o worrying about 500 people attacking my mob.
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-10-15 23:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

On our server we lost Astral candescence 2 times in 2-3 weeks, and now Sandoria is being attacked inside the city(campaign).
 Titan.Xairu
By Titan.Xairu 2010-10-16 17:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eneas said:
On our server we lost Astral candescence 2 times in 2-3 weeks, and now Sandoria is being attacked inside the city(campaign).
We lost candescence about the same, twice in about 3 weeks. The only city to get attacked though in cb was Windy a week or 2 ago, Sandy is usually 1st at all times in cb on Titan; or in a tie with Basty.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-16 17:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xairu said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
We lost candescence about the same, twice in about 3 weeks. The only city to get attacked though in cb was Windy a week or 2 ago, Sandy is usually 1st at all times in cb on Titan; or in a tie with Basty.

Campaign != Conquest.