First Page 2 ... 27 28 29
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-05 12:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Post any links to press reviews, etc here.

So far it's getting 1.5 out of 5 stars on JP Amazon.com, after a few hundred reviews, and is already 25% off for both versions.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-05 12:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

So far it's getting 1.5 out of 5 stars on JP Amazon.com, after a few hundred reviews, and is already 25% off for both versions.
LMFAO!!!!
[+]
By Darkshade 2010-10-05 12:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

PC Version Metacritic
PS3 Version Metacritic

Pretty low scores as expected. It'll probably pick up once the game's flaws are fixed/more content is added. Hopefully this doesn't hurt sales/subscription rates too bad.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-05 12:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Jaerik I really needed a good laugh after being told tough ***by SE support this morning.
[+]
By Darkshade 2010-10-05 12:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

CheatCodeCentral:84/100 said:
We can't recommend that you spend $50, and then $12.99 a month after the first 30 days, on a title that has as many flaws as FFXIV does. But we can recommend that you keep an eye on the news to see how this game evolves.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sutekii
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sutekii 2010-10-05 13:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I always felt SE was rushing too hard to get the game out there and thats just more evidence of it. It's hardly a "complete" software by any standards. The chat interface is glitchy and clunky and has no useful filtering, the equipment and inventory interface is slow and..."sticky". Plus no search available for characters. The lack of an auction house has its reasons at this time but thats a contributing factor. The battle system is full of glitches as well(my favorite, if you "Return" on death, and your character revives before teleporting, if you QUICKLY punch something in the face it cancels your teleport lol).

That being said I'm actually enjoying the game a lot lol.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-05 13:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

CheatCodeCentral said:
We can't recommend that you spend $50, and then $12.99 a month after the first 30 days...
It's actually $13.50. ClickAndBuy has a hidden 3.9% fee for paying via credit card that SE doesn't tell you about, in the fine print.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-05 13:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
CheatCodeCentral said:
We can't recommend that you spend $50, and then $12.99 a month after the first 30 days...
It's actually $13.50. ClickAndBuy has a hidden 3.9% fee for paying via credit card that SE doesn't tell you about, in the fine print.

Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-10-05 13:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
CheatCodeCentral said:
So it's cheaper to buy crysta? Wth is this crap?
[+]
 Asura.Majae
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-10-05 14:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Scores on US Amazon.com aren't much better. 2.5/5 stars.

I'm so glad I didn't waste money on this game. The reviews people are putting up make it sound as atrocious as the beta.

Someone mentioned in a review that the only way to cancel your subscription is to write a letter to some london office that handles the credit card payments. F*** That.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-05 14:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Majae said:
Scores on US Amazon.com aren't much better. 2.5/5 stars.

I'm so glad I didn't waste money on this game. The reviews people are putting up make it sound as atrocious as the beta.

Someone mentioned in a review that the only way to cancel your subscription is to write a letter to some london office that handles the credit card payments. F*** That.

don't you buy crysta and pay for it as you need it thou?
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-05 15:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure all this will change by the time of the ps3 release. People are just paying for final beta atm...most aren't even lv 20 yet lol. I don't think you can really judge the game until people have really opened the game up maxed out a job ect.....Let the ps3 version drop then judge it a few months later, its way too early to judge the game now. Do to the the high demands of the game requirements most people with Pc's can't even play the game so only a very few are playing atm. When the ps3 version drops things will be totally different plus there will be at least one update by then I'm sure. This game should of stayed beta at least until a month b4 ps3 release seems se just wanted to be greedy. This is not a finished release by a long shot...
[+]
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-10-05 15:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The one thing I hate most given that in a near future I will be heavy on crafting ***up is.... they don't have an AUCTIONHOUSE or DELIVERY BOX. For that only I give the game 2/5 stars.

I spent 1/2 of my time Transfering stuff back and forth with a RETAINER (S.E. ARE YOU READING THIS!!!!) and then having to set bazaar prices.

It is ridiculus to spend two hours XP/Farming then another two sorting stuff out with Retainer.

Power Nexus - Figaro
Nexus Power - Figaro
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-10-05 16:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

https://support.na.square-enix.com/form.php?id=902&la=1&p=0&fo=288
post your complaints here XD

seriously though this game does have a lot of problems now x.x will help them to be solved faster if enough people give feedback about whats really wrong/needed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-05 16:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried telling people on here that the game was crap before it came out. I was told all kinds of crap about keeping my opinion to myself and that I would ruin it for others by random posters here.

Guess people should have listened. After playing in the closed and open Beta the game was nothing more to me than one of those free to play korean made MMOs that have online shops.

Oh well.
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-10-05 16:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
CheatCodeCentral said:

WELLLLLLLL BRODER IAM GLAD I DONE BORROES MAH BRODERS MAGICAL CARD YO PLAY WITH DIS HER GAMES *WINITY WINK WINK**

ANYDANGOLWAYS WHAT I DONE PISSED OFF GOOD OL DERFEH IS WUERS DEM GOBBIES!!! I GOTES BUFFERNESS ARMS AND A KICK *** AXE I WANT REVENGES!!!!!!!!!! AND WTF YO HOWS A LIZZY BIGGER THAN DERFEH HOWS I SUPPOSE TO PULL ITS!!!
[+]
By VannDetta 2010-10-05 16:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say I'm surprised. Hopefully SE will actually consider fixing these problems sooner rather than later.

With that said, I don't plan on quitting this game anytime soon.
 Bismarck.Naeo
user: Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-10-05 17:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
I'm sure all this will change by the time of the ps3 release. People are just paying for final beta atm...most aren't even lv 20 yet lol. I don't think you can really judge the game until people have really opened the game up maxed out a job ect.....Let the ps3 version drop then judge it a few months later, its way too early to judge the game now. Do to the the high demands of the game requirements most people with Pc's can't even play the game so only a very few are playing atm. When the ps3 version drops things will be totally different plus there will be at least one update by then I'm sure. This game should of stayed beta at least until a month b4 ps3 release seems se just wanted to be greedy. This is not a finished release by a long shot...

the game shouldn't have so many obvious things missing at the get go. Nor should people have to wait 6 months, before getting to judge a game. Make the game not suck at the very start, and people wont judge it.

Nor should SE have released an unfinished game, just to have people pay for a "retail" beta.
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-05 17:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Derfthegalka said:

WELLLLLLLL BRODER IAM GLAD I DONE BORROES MAH BRODERS MAGICAL CARD YO PLAY WITH DIS HER GAMES *WINITY WINK WINK**
ANYDANGOLWAYS WHAT I DONE PISSED OFF GOOD OL DERFEH IS WUERS DEM GOBBIES!!! I GOTES BUFFERNESS ARMS AND A KICK *** AXE I WANT REVENGES!!!!!!!!!! AND WTF YO HOWS A LIZZY BIGGER THAN DERFEH HOWS I SUPPOSE TO PULL ITS!!!
GTFO you idiot.....
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-05 17:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Naeo said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:

the game shouldn't have so many obvious things missing at the get go. Nor should people have to wait 6 months, before getting to judge a game. Make the game not suck at the very start, and people wont judge it.

Nor should SE have released an unfinished game, just to have people pay for a "retail" beta.

Why quote me ? If you hate the game so much just don't play it... go back to that old tired *** ffxi with the atari graphics o.0

but for the most part I agree with you I'm just saying I'm sure they will fix alot of issues by the ps3 release because the game is still a beta imo by the console release most bugs, kinks ect...should be worked out...hopefully... well there is always GW2 0.0
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-05 18:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL @ PPL who are still defending the game.

During the beta all you could say was "oh it's still in beta, blah blah blah..." Now your defense is SE will fix it. LMFAO! Good luck with that. Should only take a year or two if you're lucky.

At least you guys finally admit the fact they rushed this game. Judging from the beta and SE's track record, minimum release should have been Summer 2011.

The point of a beta (open) is to find problems, get feedback, and make changes. Not release a so called "final" version a few days later with minimum changes. Never mind the fact you have to pay for it now.

I guess sheep will always be sheep.
[+]
 Bismarck.Naeo
user: Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-10-05 18:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I quoted you for the purpose of letting people know who i was replying too ^^; since you were a few posts above mine :) that's all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-05 18:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
LOL @ PPL who are still defending the game.

During the beta all you could say was "oh it's still in beta, blah blah blah..." Now your defense is SE will fix it. LMFAO! Good luck with that. Should only take a year or two if you're lucky.

At least you guys finally admit the fact they rushed this game. Judging from the beta and SE's track record, minimum release should have been Summer 2011.

The point of a beta (open) is to find problems, get feedback, and make changes. Not release a so called "final" version a few days later with minimum changes. Never mind the fact you have to pay for it now.

I guess sheep will always be sheep.

they rushed the game

doesnt change the fact that i like it

be less of a *** about things

just because u dont like something doesnt mean others wont
[+]
 Asura.Lordzodd
user: Lordzodd
By Asura.Lordzodd 2010-10-05 18:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:

Actualy from what I remember you still have to pay for crysta through Click and Buy so you still get that extra charge.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-05 19:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

wow I'm glad I canceled buying the game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-10-05 19:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordzodd said:
Asura.Dameshi said:

Actualy from what I remember you still have to pay for crysta through Click and Buy so you still get that extra charge.
you can buy crysta through ultimate game cards, which are very easy to find. i live in a small town with little to no game cards or stores to sell games and i found tons of these cards at walgreens
 Sylph.Belmonth
Server: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-10-05 19:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There seems to be a lot of discontent on those reviews mainly because stuff isn't dubbed? and the interface, I agree with the interface, it's barable though, but the only thing I really hate is transfering crap to my retainer or selling items, or dropping items. I try to avoid it as much as posible but when there's no choice.... ughhhh....

They shouldn't of done that server side loadings crap, it sucks.

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I tried telling people on here that the game was crap before it came out. I was told all kinds of crap about keeping my opinion to myself and that I would ruin it for others by random posters here.

Guess people should have listened. After playing in the closed and open Beta the game was nothing more to me than one of those free to play korean made MMOs that have online shops.

Oh well.

The game isn't really crap, the core gameplay and everything else is fun, but the UI, the retainer, the bazaars (idc about the AH, as long as they organize the marketwards like they said) Mainly needs more tweaking, add delivery boxes, add the freaking chocobos already sure the animas are a good way of traveling but they aren't infinite, make the npc's load from your computer or something like most mmo's do and FFXI did.
[+]
 Siren.Kantori
Server: Siren
user: kantori
By Siren.Kantori 2010-10-05 19:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Needs allot of work.

Interesting Article that also gave me lolz.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/10/05/square-enix-dont-review-ff14-players-38/
[+]
First Page 2 ... 27 28 29