Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-09 15:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazyjin said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
If it can all be fixed by December, then the game shouldn't have been released until December. They already *** up, and bad. There's a huge number of people that they lost due to *** up that they will never in a million years get back. Even if they can fix everything, I won't be playing it. I've had enough bad experiences with it just in the Beta to never want to bother with it again.
then you should not play the game till December, who told you to play the game now?
please stop playing the game or wasting your time bitching about it if you don't like it, or just play it and give feedback to SE in order to help imporoving it
Are you serious? SE invited everyone to play by releasing the game after hypeing it up for the last year. With SE's long standing history of releasing good products, it was implied this would be a good product off the shelf, which it was not.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-09 15:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How about you read? I haven't played since the Beta because it was garbage then. I've already given SE a list of complaints during the Beta. None of them were fixed according to my buddy that played the actual release, but quit two weeks ago.

Thank you for taking the "If you don't like it just quit" stance. There's always a dumbass.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-11-09 15:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazyjin is a retard in denial. Pretty much all free-to-play MMOs are more complete than 14. I bet Hello Kitty Online plays better.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Alessandra
Server: Carbuncle
user: Aless
By Carbuncle.Alessandra 2010-11-09 16:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to FF11 and SC2 for me ... FF14 didn't hit the gSpot. :( Believe me, I tried to like it. For those who still defend it, step back a little and compare it to off the shelf games. Paying $70+ for any other collectors edition game will get you a better and more playable/enjoyable experience.

[+]
By Unmei 2010-11-09 18:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if ff14 flops after the ps3 release then i just won't be playing but I'll never play 11 again 3 years is enough for me. I'll probably try GW2 if 14 doesn't get better. Playing 11 and its recycled world I just can't a take it any more add a pink tint to same old game and call it Abyssea raise the lv cap again and grind for new gear on out dated graphics to kill the same ol stuff log in and be bored as usual. Its 2010 I refuse to play ps2.
[+]
By Lazyjin 2010-11-10 03:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

idk why ppl want to fight about games, simply i said this game will be better in few months, and it's too early to judge it now, just wait and see, they will fix most of our problems in December (that's a good news), and for the story,missions,quests and other things that will make the game complete i hope it will be added befor the PS3 release, if not then screw this game, but i hope it will be fixed for the better.

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Lazyjin is a retard in denial. Pretty much all free-to-play MMOs are more complete than 14. I bet Hello Kitty Online plays better.
and when someone didn't even talked to you then you stfu coz we are giving our ideas about the game.
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-10 07:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is FFXI the bar that XIV is trying to obtain?

I think a lot of people here have played FFXI long enough to know that over the 8 years that XI has been around we have seen the way that game has evolved, don't forget that SE did that and they will do the same for XIV. It will become better and the potential that XIV has is immense.

What they did MOST wrong? They beta'ed to mainly FFXI players. That was a MASSIVE mistake because by in large we get it. People from other MMO's don't get XIV any more than they get XI. "Where is the help at?" You couple on that the buggy UI and the market ward system and you have a result that is almost an exact copy of what FFXI looked like at launch, they are nearly identical.

Should they have pushed it back? Probably.. but they were ALREADY in free play with the open beta by the time non-ffxi players got a look at it so what do you do? Stop free play to fix it or release and allow free play? Doesn't seem like there were a lot of options.

Trust me, SE is well aware of the problems by now.. they don't need you out there bitching anymore. (And if you find something add a Suggestion or a Bug Report on SE's Support website.) Be patient and keep watch because it looks like they are betting their entire company on FFXIV now. I believe they can do good things.. I've seen it before.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 07:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Trust me, SE is well aware of the problems by now.. they don't need you out there bitching anymore. Be patient ad keep watch because it looks like they are betting their entire company on FFXIV now. I believe they can do good things.. I've seen it before.
The last time SE (known as Square at the time) put all of it's eggs in one basket was 1987. The gaming industry has definitely changed since then.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-10 07:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Alessandra said:
Back to FF11 and SC2 for me ... FF14 didn't hit the gSpot. :( Believe me, I tried to like it. For those who still defend it, step back a little and compare it to off the shelf games. Paying $70+ for any other collectors edition game will get you a better and more playable/enjoyable experience.

I'm playing the same two at the moment. FFXI is a nice social game, albiet time consuming, and SC2 is very very robust. SC2's map design capabilities put it at an insane amount of replayability. Designing maps is honestly one of the more fun things of that game. Unfortunately, the price tag of SC2 is deterring players, but I feel that when that drops, we'll be seeing lots more maps which just mean lots more fun.

I have high hopes for the future of StarCraft 2. FFXIV, not so much. But that's fine with me because I still enjoy FFXI when I get the time to play it. I've never been a graphics ***(I still occasionally play my NES and SNES games) and as such, gameplay and enjoyability have always been a #1 priority for me.

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Is FFXI the bar that XIV is trying to obtain? I think a lot of people here have played FFXI long enough to know that over the 8 years that XI has been around we have seen the way that game has evolved, don't forget that SE did that and they will do the same for XIV. It will become better and the potential that XIV has is immense. What they did MOST wrong? They beta'ed to mainly FFXI players. That was a MASSIVE mistake because by in large we get it. People from other MMO's don't get XIV any more than they get XI. "Where is the help at?" You couple on that the buggy UI and the market ward system and you have a result that is almost an exact copy of what FFXI looked like at launch, they are nearly identical. Should they have pushed it back? Probably.. but they were ALREADY in free play with the open beta by the time non-ffxi players got a look at it so what do you do? Stop free play to fix it or release and allow free play? Doesn't seem like there were a lot of options. Trust me, SE is well aware of the problems by now.. they don't need you out there bitching anymore. (And if you find something add a Suggestion or a Bug Report on SE's Support website.) Be patient and keep watch because it looks like they are betting their entire company on FFXIV now. I believe they can do good things.. I've seen it before.

They should have stayed in Beta until they were able to work out the kinks. Problem is, when you release a game, it's at a cost to everyone in the public. Some guy will buy the game, tell all his friends it sucks, then cancel his subscription. Now, it's at an even bigger loss than it would have been if they had just done that. They've damaged their product's name in order to get a small boost in sales. They're not looking at the long game and instead are thinking of the short game.

SE brought just a driver to the golf course and expected to get a hole-in-one. When they didn't get the hole-in-one, all they have is a driver to chip and putt to try and finish the hole out.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-10 08:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh by the way.. I was in the alpha.

You know I never filed a bug report on the interface lag? Know why?

Because the game requires so much computing hardware to play I was lagging all the time even on low settings. I didn't notice it from other lag and I thought it was on my end. That probably happened a lot, the recommended processor at the time of beta was about $500.

Gotta think back.. way way back to FFXI in 2006 where you logged on as DRG and put your party flag up and waited for.. ehh 40-50 hours for that one invite.. FFXI has some serious problems in the past too.. SE fixed them. If XI was released today it prob would have lower scores than XIV.
 Seraph.Eyedea
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Eyedea 2010-11-10 10:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:

Because the game requires so much computing hardware to play I was lagging all the time even on low settings. I didn't notice it from other lag and I thought it was on my end. That probably happened a lot, the recommended processor at the time of beta was about $500.

Gotta think back.. way way back to FFXI in 2006 where you logged on as DRG and put your party flag up and waited for.. ehh 40-50 hours for that one invite.. FFXI has some serious problems in the past too.. SE fixed them. If XI was released today it prob would have lower scores than XIV.

Where are you getting these jaded view and facts from?!?! Your missing the point entirely, we aren't saying that SE isn't trying to make the game better , what we are saying is that SE released a game to us that isn't even REMOTELY close to being complete, and i played BETA also and guess what there was never a point where they said you needed a 500$ CPU ?!!? i7's are 200$, and a great experience on this game requires about a ATI 5770 or a Nvidia GTX260 i put a whole computer together for a buddy 700$ tax in (CAD) for this game so your facts are obviously squed and based on nothing other then your own thoughts ..... btw a lot of us played FFXI also and we didn't wait for invite we made our own parties, that and if y ou think that XI came out with even 10% of the fail that FFXIV came out with your sorely mistaken. If you read stuff on SE other then just forums you would see that the whole company is being totaled since merger with Enix and control by Wada. Please don't come here and preach info that isn't or wasn't researched at all as people are actually using these forums as a means to see whether or not to get FFXIV and personally (having a researched opinion) would say forget it, at least until release for PS3 if it cant fly then it will never fly.
By Unmei 2010-11-10 10:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Eyedea said:
Please don't come here and preach info that isn't or wasn't researched at all as people are actually using these forums as a means to see whether or not to get FFXIV and personally (having a researched opinion) would say forget it, at least until release for PS3 if it cant fly then it will never fly.

If you believe people are doing this then your just extremely gullible. Most people will buy the game and make their own decision. Maybe 3% will actually listen to reviews especially those in a forum. Even with poor reviews from main stream reviewers like gamepro people will still go out and buys this.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-10 10:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei said:
Seraph.Eyedea said:
Please don't come here and preach info that isn't or wasn't researched at all as people are actually using these forums as a means to see whether or not to get FFXIV and personally (having a researched opinion) would say forget it, at least until release for PS3 if it cant fly then it will never fly.

If you believe people are doing this then your just extremely gullible. Most people will buy the game and make their own decision. Maybe 3% will actually listen to reviews especially those in a forum. Even with poor reviews from main stream reviewers like gamepro people will still go out and buys this.

which is why it's become a massive hit
[+]
By Unmei 2010-11-10 10:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Unmei said:
Seraph.Eyedea said:

which is why it's become a massive hit

Hey how's botting in abysea going ^^
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 10:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei said:
Seraph.Eyedea said:

I took Jaerik's and Draylo's advice and didn't buy it.
[+]
By Unmei 2010-11-10 11:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Well good for you bro...on the other hand I herd the reviews prior to buying the game and I'm glad I bought it, its no way how some are making it out to be. I like it so far and yes it needs work Its supposed to be fixed by December.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-10 11:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Eyedea said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:

Where are you getting these jaded view and facts from?!?! Your missing the point entirely, we aren't saying that SE isn't trying to make the game better , what we are saying is that SE released a game to us that isn't even REMOTELY close to being complete, and i played BETA also and guess what there was never a point where they said you needed a 500$ CPU ?!!? i7's are 200$, and a great experience on this game requires about a ATI 5770 or a Nvidia GTX260 i put a whole computer together for a buddy 700$ tax in (CAD) for this game so your facts are obviously squed and based on nothing other then your own thoughts ..... btw a lot of us played FFXI also and we didn't wait for invite we made our own parties, that and if y ou think that XI came out with even 10% of the fail that FFXIV came out with your sorely mistaken. If you read stuff on SE other then just forums you would see that the whole company is being totaled since merger with Enix and control by Wada. Please don't come here and preach info that isn't or wasn't researched at all as people are actually using these forums as a means to see whether or not to get FFXIV and personally (having a researched opinion) would say forget it, at least until release for PS3 if it cant fly then it will never fly.

What a angry post and you call me "jaded"? Holy crap man.

Here is a review from July 2010 for an Intel i7. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2010/07/19/intel-core-i7-970-review/1

Cost? "US price (as reviewed): $930 (ex tax)"

Not sayin that's right or all be-end-all of facts but that is the release price for one version from July 2010.. and I did look into it in July and Newegg had i7's for around $500.

I had to lol at the "We made our own parties!" ahhhh that takes me back man.. that old one is still being used as a defense ehh. Truth is FFXI was a SLOW SLOW game not too many years ago. There was MASS downtime in it for sooo much ***.. FFXIV is way faster.

I think somehow people think that this affects them.. like posts on this forum would somehow have something to do with -insert mmo they play here- be it wow, or ffxi or ffxiv. I really don't think that people would be that much concerned with comments by people.. "oh it's as fun as chewing sand" .. common... really? Thats just biased ***. People are smarter than to believe that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-10 11:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I took my own advice and didn't buy it. If they completely scrap the wards and just put a damn AH, fix all of the UI issues and the horrendous amounts of lag, I might pick it up.

So let's hope they fix it all by December.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 11:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I took my own advice and didn't buy it. If they completely scrap the wards and just put a damn AH, fix all of the UI issues and the horrendous amounts of lag, I might pick it up.

Yeah that whole description about the whole server side UI is a total turn off.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-10 11:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else not like the battle system either?

"Oh an enemy! Let's attack it!"

Target enemy.
Press 1 to draw weapon and attack.
Mash 1 to keep attacking.

1 1 1 *BONK*... wait... wait... character attacks... 1 1 1 *BONK*... wait... wait... wait... character attacks... 1 1 1 *BONK*... wait... wait... wait... character attacks...

I dunno, I don't think I want to invest years of time in a game where battles play out like that for melee. Hopefully this will be touched on also. Either bring back auto-attack or allow us to queue an attack better.

Generic gameplay video found on youtube for reference:
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-10 11:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

Wait.. you never played it but you think it has "horrendous amounts of lag"? How much lag do you think it has exactly? About how long does it take to do various things would you say? Was Lower Juneo lag worse or better in your opinion?

Some of this feeds on itself I swear.. someone comes out and says it's laggy.. then the next person says horrendous lag after that we are talking about making a sandwich and washing the car in between game actions. :: roll eyes ::
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 11:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

Wait.. you never played it but you think it has "horrendous amounts of lag"? How much lag do you think it has exactly? About how long does it take to do various things would you say? Was Lower Juneo lag worse or better in your opinion?

Some of this feeds on itself I swear.. someone comes out and says it's laggy.. then the next person says horrendous lag after that we are talking about making a sandwich and washing the car in between game actions. :: roll eyes ::
What?
 Seraph.Eyedea
By Seraph.Eyedea 2010-11-10 11:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Well good for you bro...on the other hand I herd the reviews prior to buying the game and I'm glad I bought it, its no way how some are making it out to be. I like it so far and yes it needs work Its supposed to be fixed by December.

Unmei, i see you are definetly loving the game and so i ask you this:

Name 10 great aspects of FFXIV as an MMORPG,..... other then the graphics. (thats not asking much)

i'll wait ;)
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-10 11:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In other words he can't answer those questions with any kind of certainty but has come to a conclusion about them based on .. god knows what.

He also spreads that opinion around as if it were fact, and other probably do too.

Reminds me of this:
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 11:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually based of this thread: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/15039/ui-lag/
 Seraph.Eyedea
By Seraph.Eyedea 2010-11-10 11:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Seraph.Eyedea said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:

What a angry post and you call me "jaded"? Holy crap man.

Here is a review from July 2010 for an Intel i7. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2010/07/19/intel-core-i7-970-review/1

Cost? "US price (as reviewed): $930 (ex tax)"

Not sayin that's right or all be-end-all of facts but that is the release price for one version from July 2010.. and I did look into it in July and Newegg had i7's for around $500.

I had to lol at the "We made our own parties!" ahhhh that takes me back man.. that old one is still being used as a defense ehh. Truth is FFXI was a SLOW SLOW game not too many years ago. There was MASS downtime in it for sooo much ***.. FFXIV is way faster.

I think somehow people think that this affects them.. like posts on this forum would somehow have something to do with -insert mmo they play here- be it wow, or ffxi or ffxiv. I really don't think that people would be that much concerned with comments by people.. "oh it's as fun as chewing sand" .. common... really? Thats just biased ***. People are smarter than to believe that.

i7 970 is TOTALLY different then an i7 920 (in price) i lol'd
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-10 11:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Eyedea said:
Unmei said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Name 10 great aspects of FFXIV as an MMORPG,..... other then the graphics. (thats not asking much)

i'll wait ;)

1. It's based (loosely) on a game I love, FFXI.
2. Shares the commands and translator of FFXI.
3. Crafting and gathering jobs are full classes.
4. Crafting is vastly improved, needs no money to level a craft.
5. Gathering is better than trade pickaxe to mining point.
6. Switch jobs on the fly.. no penalty.
7. There is some great scenery in it.
8. Mix and match any job ability, create custom charters.
9. Quick and easy to get with people to do stuff with teleports.
10. And lastly because it's fun. ;) heh

Could keep going, I didn't mention the story.. The ways the instances work.. can have many LS's.. Leves.. there is a lot to like here.
 Seraph.Eyedea
By Seraph.Eyedea 2010-11-10 11:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Seraph.Eyedea said:
Unmei said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

i'll wait ;)

1. It's based (loosely) on a game I love, FFXI. - Not the same game
2. Shares the commands and translator of FFXI.refer to #1
3. crafting and gathering jobs are full classes. Crafting is a means to make $$$ in an MMO ..its not THE mmo (at least to 90% of us)
4. Crafting is vastly improved, needs no money to level a craft. Refer to # 3
5. Gathering is better than trade pickaxe to mining point. LOL -.-p (your saying its better becuase it takes longer weeeee)
7. There is some great scenery in it. _ Graphics
[/strike]

WINNAR
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-10 11:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Eyedea said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Seraph.Eyedea said:
Unmei said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

i'll wait ;)

1. It's based (loosely) on a game I love, FFXI. - Not the same game
2. Shares the commands and translator of FFXI.refer to #1
3. crafting and gathering jobs are full classes. Crafting is a means to make $$$ in an MMO ..its not THE mmo (at least to 90% of us)
4. Crafting is vastly improved, needs no money to level a craft. Refer to # 3
5. Gathering is better than trade pickaxe to mining point. LOL -.-p (your saying its better becuase it takes longer weeeee)
7. There is some great scenery in it. _ Graphics
[/strike]

WINNAR

Lol your just a hater man.. admit it. :)
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-10 12:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jadi did you miss the part where I've said multiple times about playing the open Beta? I'm guessing you did. I also said that my friend, his name is Adam in case you think I'm making things up, says that the UI is still the same (he played the Beta as well and bought the game on it's official, but way too early, release) and that the game is laggier than it was in the Beta.

Remove the stick from your *** please.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29