Best Reward Gear Setup.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Best Reward Gear setup.
Best Reward Gear setup.
By Tzaellia 2010-11-12 06:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This would be the ultimate Reward build if every thing was free and/or had a 100% drop rate. In my opinion anyway.

It's +50 MND and Reward + 36%
*(Does not include the specific races MND or any merits they may have into MND)

Reward (Pet Food Zeta): 900 + 3*(MND-45) plus 36% = 1244 HP

I do agree with Zicdeh. Along with BST I have SMN BLM DRK and DNC. All are fully geared with many gear sets. I have to make every bit of inventory count. As such, a maxed out reward build ends up falling to the wayside. =\

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I find it takes way too much of an inventory commitment to make a total Reward set. Monster Feet-Ogre Hands-Khimaira Bonnet is all I maintain, of course, there's some multi-use MND equip in there for good measure, but you won't see me lugging around Magic Cuisses or a Neptune's Ring for less than 1% bonus.

So I just go with the main Mst. Feet +1 and Ogre Gloves. With some MND sprinkled here and there like Kirin's Osode and Bst. Helm +1. I'd Rather get the boost to the reward then take 15 seconds off reward recast. Especially since it's the biggest boost of MND you can get in one slot. But that's just me.
 Bismarck.Magius
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magius 2010-11-21 12:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use for my Reward set due to availability of items, but I get a solid +43 MND and +50% reward enhancement (I run /NIN) equaling to 1638 rewards outside of abyssea. Inside abyssea with its MND bonus I think i hit the soft cap or something, with +20 MND from the enhancement I only get 1692 instead of [(900 + 3*(129-45))*1.5=] 1728, So i may look into a Khimiara bonnet faster recast of reward if needed.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-21 13:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Tzaellia said:
Tzaellia said:
This would be the ultimate Reward build if every thing was free and/or had a 100% drop rate. In my opinion anyway.

It's +50 MND and Reward + 36%
*(Does not include the specific races MND or any merits they may have into MND)

Reward (Pet Food Zeta): 900 + 3*(MND-45) plus 36% = 1244 HP

I do agree with Zicdeh. Along with BST I have SMN BLM DRK and DNC. All are fully geared with many gear sets. I have to make every bit of inventory count. As such, a maxed out reward build ends up falling to the wayside. =\

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I find it takes way too much of an inventory commitment to make a total Reward set. Monster Feet-Ogre Hands-Khimaira Bonnet is all I maintain, of course, there's some multi-use MND equip in there for good measure, but you won't see me lugging around Magic Cuisses or a Neptune's Ring for less than 1% bonus.

So I just go with the main Mst. Feet +1 and Ogre Gloves. With some MND sprinkled here and there like Kirin's Osode and Bst. Helm +1. I'd Rather get the boost to the reward then take 15 seconds off reward recast. Especially since it's the biggest boost of MND you can get in one slot. But that's just me.

somehtign not right wiht that math i can get 1500 +/- maybe just not factoring in pet hp. Also dont forget the med that give +1% pet hp regen for 5 mins. On like sheep is a 50ish tick hp regen.
 Bahamut.Bayan
Server: Bahamut
user: BayanB
By Bahamut.Bayan 2010-11-22 08:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This is what I use for my Reward set due to availability of items, but I get a solid +43 MND and +50% reward enhancement (I run /NIN) equaling to 1638 rewards outside of abyssea. Inside abyssea with its MND bonus I think i hit the soft cap or something, with +20 MND from the enhancement I only get 1692 instead of [(900 + 3*(129-45))*1.5=] 1728, So i may look into a Khimiara bonnet faster recast of reward if needed.
There might be a cap to MND in the reward formula, but not for the % boost. I have gotten 1707 reward in abyssea with ogre gloves +1, 51% boost. I only have +24 in MND gear. The MND cap would be 122 then, which sounds a bit odd, but hey, this is SE.

Also the regen pet food sux imo. I finaly crafted some and it gives 1% cure every 7 sec for 5mins. Not sure it even worked when pet was engaged. I mean, pet food zeta gives me 1% cure every 3 sec for 3mins or so (will have to recheck this). All this is with 5/5 Beast Healer merits. Was going for 5/5 BH in the hopes that the regen food would be boosted a lot.
 Garuda.Deces
Server: Garuda
user: Deces
By Garuda.Deces 2010-11-23 13:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, my best reward was about 1700ish with 50%reward and decent mnd build. I'll be fumeing to find out that a mnd cap is in place. The best way to test this is do a test run on ASA final fight, the hex set adds 150 ~ 300 mnd that should blow the doors off the 1700ish mark! Anyone up to the task this needs to be resolved, thankyou.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magius
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magius 2010-11-30 18:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got around to playing around with reward again (school grabbed me), got my mind to 66+93 with cruor buffs, a +10 atma and goblin mushpot [so (((159-45)*3)+900)*1.5)=1863] but after multiple tests (added sanguine scythe as 2nd atma for 20% more HP) I only got 1782, so a 81 loss somewhere (I'm not good with dimishing returns math).

Also I did pick up a bonnet to check (same set - head, I only lost 24 HP (so 1758, not a 36 loss like 1 would think thanks to the +50% reward). So with that in mind I would recommend outside Abyssea bst hat+ 1 and inside Abyssea bonnet (if you have a decent set) just for faster recast time.