Best Exp Non-Abyssea?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Best Exp Non-Abyssea?
Best Exp Non-Abyssea?
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-24 23:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
So i should be able to solo the three paths correct? what about airship fight as a 81 thf with evasion gear? And did I see someone say the Tenzen fight was nerfed somehow?

Most of 3 paths I would venture a guess and say could be solo'd by a thf with good evasion gear. The only snag you will hit is the mithra fight. I'd bet that can't be solo'd by an 81 thf but with enough evasion who knows.

Airship fight as an 81 thf I doubt could be solo'd. Although both the mithra fight and the airship fight should be fairly easy duo's with a solid 80+ Rdm, Whm, or Sch.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-24 23:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

best i seen was about 30k an hour on mamools before level cap raise.

was getting like 25kish on those birds in miseraux coast going 75~80
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-25 00:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:

Demon elemental soloing!!! It's that awesome. Though by 80 it stops be crazy good
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-25 00:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Demon elemental soloing!!! It's that awesome. Though by 80 it stops be crazy good

Would only really be feasible to solo those as like Blm or Sch though wouldn't it? It's kind of a if you don't 1 shot the mob you catch aggro yea?

edit. asking out of curiosity. Not trash talk. I didn't think that was a DD friendly camp.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-25 00:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
best i seen was about 30k an hour on mamools before level cap raise. was getting like 25kish on those birds in miseraux coast going 75~80
Would only really be feasible to solo those as like Blm or Sch though wouldn't it? It's kind of a if you don't 1 shot the mob you catch aggro yea?

edit. asking out of curiosity. Not trash talk.
Well you could time them and in fact while I was doing my cure potency staff I had to since having 15% less dmg meant not 1 shotting usually.

But doing so slows xp down all kinds. Half to wait for positioning take extra nukes. Of course if you were say rdm you'd have more mp to begin with so less resting...

But yeah long range magic dmg only since they are elementals. And sch and blm would be best. Maybe pup I think.

You could sync down a little and do tigers in xarc S. Also one shottable by sch and blm
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-25 11:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if it was mentioned because I only scanned some of this but the chances of getting an allied now are pretty terrible. It requires us to own the throne room which requires fiat lux to have been open and spammed like hell. Now if fiat lux could be opened again, I can assure you that we'd own the throne room the next week but with the ease that exp can be gained in abyssea, not too many like to do campaign now and thus the requirements for fiat lux to be open are exceptionally unlikely to occur. At least, this has been the case on my server.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-25 11:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nostokulshedra lvl 88-89 arrapago reef, about 15ish pops from what I saw in 3 bunches in 4 to 5 very very close to each other. Could possibly be good aga >> sleepga exp camp or even for melee. Obviously a new added mob its basically a big blue sea monk.

Scowlendros(sp) Ule range up near jorm, I 1st went here before exp in abyssea was known about advised pty lvl 75-77 they dont really do any/many bad moves, its just a pain to get to this camp.

Theres a few camps in prommy zones I noticed whilst getting various blu spells but I didnt try them but those were added at 80cap increase update not 85 so will most likely be designed for 76-77pties.

If you can find a 75 who is willing to set it to merits and be sync toau areas such as mamool/colibri should still reward impressive exp per hour and with a strong setup at colibri along with the liklihood all camps there will be free you can pull ones from bottom too if you clear middle.

As for exp in abyssea at 85 a party of 6 could easily handle everything id go 2 monks, rdm/sch, brd, blm or sch and cor or dnc. Brd puller, cor doing rolls/chests light dd, then monks tank/dd. Exp would start out higher then so wouldnt be so bad if you couldnt make it 5 hour pty.
 Asura.Kikia
Server: Asura
user: Kikia
By Asura.Kikia 2010-09-28 01:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

After all the hand outs SE has given to ffxi people still can't find decent exp? Really? Why doesn't everyone just lollvlsync from say...37~85 if you don't have Abyssea. Who really needs skills anyways? You have forever to skill up after you get 85! But really, before Abyssea came along people had merit parties, before campaign and FoV and Level Sync people couldn't get jobs to 75 in a week. You should craft till you get money to buy abyssea, don't worry you can keywhore all your jobs after lvl 30 anyway, we can all have maat's cap now! WOO!
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-28 02:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kikia said:
After all the hand outs SE has given to ffxi people still can't find decent exp? Really? Why doesn't everyone just lollvlsync from say...37~85 if you don't have Abyssea. Who really needs skills anyways? You have forever to skill up after you get 85! But really, before Abyssea came along people had merit parties, before campaign and FoV and Level Sync people couldn't get jobs to 75 in a week. You should craft till you get money to buy abyssea, don't worry you can keywhore all your jobs after lvl 30 anyway, we can all have maat's cap now! WOO!

Butt hurt much :o?

Asura.Kikia
user: Kikia
By Asura.Kikia 2010-09-28 21:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

nah but really...you should just give up and get abyssea lol
 Asura.Santanah
user: SantanaK6
By Asura.Santanah 2010-10-01 00:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is there no parties outside of Abyssea, if it's really only for 70+? Is nobody leveling subs or lower leveled jobs?
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-01 00:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Santanah said:
Why is there no parties outside of Abyssea, if it's really only for 70+? Is nobody leveling subs or lower leveled jobs?
You can enter Abyssea at 30. I don't see the issue.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-10-01 01:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Asura.Santanah said:

I haven't seen a exp pt above lv30 in a long time. Hell even some of the "awesome" sync camps are crap due to trials. For example, You can't do waj. woodlands camps at 55 anymore cause of Fire/Wind and whatever trials call for birds. (Well, You can but you'll be afking for 3+ days waiting for alliances to stop killing your EXP while they do trials) Who would seriously do an exp camp 70+ when there's abyssea where you can get EXP 10 times faster. Most people deny regular exp camps unless their seacom says "No Abyssea."

On topic though; there are some VT+ Crawlers at Lv85 in Mount Zhayolm (Where the Dahak's pop otw to the Chamber). I haven't actually been exploring to find any of the "new" camps they introduces but I doubt they're anything like the lv75 ones we use to have.
 Asura.Santanah
By Asura.Santanah 2010-10-01 01:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Asura.Santanah said:

Been a while since I played, I was just under the impression that Abyssea had mobs exclusively for 70+. Apparently, that is not the case.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-01 01:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that's exactly the case. 70's even a little low imo, especially for the new areas. Doesn't mean you can't enter as a leech.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-01 02:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
For better or worse, if you don't have the Abyssea Expansions, you might as well quit FFXIV ;/

That's seriously where the future of the game is going to be for a good long while.

Wrong, only 3 abyssea are planned so it's only leading to level 90. It's not the future, it's the present., aka until ~december-january then we will have to wait what SE wants for us. Inbe4 upgrades of hnms and salvage drops through magians.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-10-01 02:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
No, that's exactly the case. 70's even a little low imo, especially for the new areas. Doesn't mean you can't enter as a leech.
Hell sometimes you here things like I guess we are gunna have to get some 75s... /sigh. But they still do it. Plus key *** are just that lol
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-01 11:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
For better or worse, if you don't have the Abyssea Expansions, you might as well quit FFXIV ;/

That's seriously where the future of the game is going to be for a good long while.

Wrong, only 3 abyssea are planned so it's only leading to level 90. It's not the future, it's the present., aka until ~december-january then we will have to wait what SE wants for us. Inbe4 upgrades of hnms and salvage drops through magians.
Cause gear from Visions areas are totally obsolete now cause it's level 80 gear and we're 85 right?

With top guns like you, it's a wonder France hasn't ever won anything.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-01 11:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:

Cause gear from Visions areas are totally obsolete now cause it's level 80 gear and we're 85 right?

yes, for the most part.

Quote:

What did you guys win in the last decennies ?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-01 11:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

yes

Nnnnoooo.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-01 12:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

yes, for the most part.
For the most part? Serpentes, Viking helm, Bullship, job specific accessories. Not to mention items used for magian trials (OAT weapons, empryean weapons, etc). This is ***just off the top of my head while I'm wasting time in class.

Also lets explore the fact this topic is about exp areas, and whether you're 30 or 85 you can still get 600 exp a kill. There is no reason to believe you can't at 99, and there's no reason to believe SE has anything planned after Abyssea.

I don't need to win ***. I don't speak French, therefor I am already superior.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2010-10-01 12:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Dekadense said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
No offense, but if you can't afford $10 for the expansion, how can you afford the $12.99 for the monthly fees and your internet bill on top of that?

Maybe you should reconsider what you are spending your money on?
Because majority of the people use mommy's credit card and would have to ask :D

If your a kid and don't have any income, why not do some extra chorus to get that extra $10? Get with the program.
[+]
 Asura.Santanah
By Asura.Santanah 2010-10-01 14:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

So, a level 30 could be leeching 600 exp per mob?

What the hell...
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-01 14:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, not technically because you would level up before exp was capped. But I guess if you deleveled enough times you could be getting 600 exp a kill at 30.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2010-10-01 18:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The honest answer is: If you value your time, then get Abyssea. A crappy party can get a person from 75-85 in 6-10 hours. The only thing s if you ONLY have 3 hours at most to play it will not go nearly that fast. Exp is back loaded, so it takes a 2-4 of hours before you start getting 30-60k/hour.

If you MUST solo and you get max 6k/hour and you need 511k to get 75-85 then you will spend over 85 hours soloing IF you are getting the max. To put it in perspective: Its a part time job for a month or a full time job for two weeks. Compare to 6-10 hours in one sitting (depending on your pt). Solo isnt a waste its just inefficient if your goal is 85. You do get the benefit of farming while xping while getting all of the drops.

But if you must solo you could try xp scroll quests, level bst so you can charm stuff and fight harder mobs, possibly lvl dnc as a sub job, level sync or maybe campaign.

Ideas to help you get the money for Abyssea: cut out one snack run a week, bring lunch to work one extra day a week, save the change from your purchases in a jar, do a side job, and you could always wait till all three expansions are out and they offer the complete edition for less. (Side note~ im not trying to judge cause paying my mortgage has been a strain too, but if you cant pay your mortgage then you should really look into a budget and consider doing the things listed above as a routine not just for a quick buck. and if you need help with that PM me and i will help you)

Ideas to help get 6-10 hours of uninterrupted game time: take care of your honey-do-list during the week so Sat is yours, skip watching your favorite show that day that you have the extra time, get sick (not recommended)

Getting the three prvious mini expansions isnt game breaking, but these expansions are. Soon new content will widen the gap on old content. It is an investment to buy the expansion, but one that you wont regret if you play this game much longer.

tldr version

Get Abyssea. You wont be disappointed. $10 isn't hard to come by if you try.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.