Best Exp Non-Abyssea?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Best Exp Non-Abyssea?
Best Exp Non-Abyssea?
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-24 14:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Yea 9.99 per add-on. So even if you just got 1 add-on per month that's only $10 you gotta cut out of spending per month. And logging onto POL, buying the add-on and then logging on with the new add-on installed literally takes a total of maybe 5 minutes. I was even surprised at how fast you have it. That's because the new add-ons were already downloaded onto your computer via the updates. You just can't access them without paying the 9.99.

damn you guys are giving me something to think about. Part of me wanted to get the expansions because of all the cool stuff there, and now the new AF's are there too, but the other part of me said "Nah, I'll just play as is for the next few months, and who knows, I may like 14 more come next March at the PS3 release, that and I'm staying busy trying to do the promy missions, magian trials, etc."

My suggestion is if you still have non-exp goals outside of Abyssea to accomplish then by all means do them. But buy the first abyssea add-on and do the first quest just to unlock the traverser stones. Then while you are doing those quests and accomplishing all those goals outside of abyssea your traverser stones are stacking up(the npc holds an unlimited amount of them. you get a new 1 every 20 irl hours). So when you do get to the point where you wanna pty in abyssea or work towards your af3 gear you will have a ton of traverser stones at your disposal.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 14:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Yea 9.99 per add-on. So even if you just got 1 add-on per month that's only $10 you gotta cut out of spending per month. And logging onto POL, buying the add-on and then logging on with the new add-on installed literally takes a total of maybe 5 minutes. I was even surprised at how fast you have it. That's because the new add-ons were already downloaded onto your computer via the updates. You just can't access them without paying the 9.99.
damn you guys are giving me something to think about. Part of me wanted to get the expansions because of all the cool stuff there, and now the new AF's are there too, but the other part of me said "Nah, I'll just play as is for the next few months, and who knows, I may like 14 more come next March at the PS3 release, that and I'm staying busy trying to do the promy missions, magian trials, etc."
My suggestion is if you still have non-exp goals outside of Abyssea to accomplish then by all means do them. But buy the first abyssea add-on and do the first quest just to unlock the traverser stones. Then while you are doing those quests and accomplishing all those goals outside of abyssea your traverser stones are stacking up(the npc holds an unlimited amount of them. you get a new 1 every 20 irl hours). So when you do get to the point where you wanna pty in abyssea or work towards your af3 gear you will have a ton of traverser stones at your disposal.
I'd try working on getting the abyssites that lower time till you get stones too early on. Get it down to once every 12 hours
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-24 14:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
I'd try working on getting the abyssites that lower time till you get stones too early on. Get it down to once every 12 hours

lol yeah but it sounds like by the time that happens for me, I'll be full go into abyssea anyways :)

Edit: and i'm tired of being the guy without the Rajas Ring and Brutal earring lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 14:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what jobs you have. I mean the tonberries are soloable and you can get enough fame for the other one in your spare time.

Also psh you can solo at least up to sea
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-24 14:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Depends on what jobs you have. I mean the tonberries are soloable and you can get enough fame for the other one in your spare time.

Also psh you can solo at least up to sea
false statement is false. depends highly on your job for that.
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-24 14:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i think id just unlock the traverser stones. Do all the things you wanna do outside of abyssea then when you decide to go into abyssea first focus on doing the quests that decrease how long it takes to get a new stone, add minutes on top of each stone, kill nms that drop key items to increase minutes per stone, cut down time between new stones e.t.c.

I think a lot of those quests will be much cheaper and easier to do at that point. Once the initial abyssea craze slows down a little bit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-24 14:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Depends on what jobs you have. I mean the tonberries are soloable and you can get enough fame for the other one in your spare time. Also psh you can solo at least up to sea

I can't solo the Tenzen fight.
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-24 14:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Depends on what jobs you have. I mean the tonberries are soloable and you can get enough fame for the other one in your spare time. Also psh you can solo at least up to sea

I can't solo the Tenzen fight.
not with rng not with thf. your nin is too low for that. if your levels aren't updated and your ninja is higher than 75 it might work.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 14:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Perhaps you should've also bolded the very start where I said it depends on what jobs you have :)

Also can suggests it's possible. wether you have the right job is just as irrelavent as if you have enough skill. It is possible
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-24 14:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Perhaps you should've also bolded the very start where I said it depends on what jobs you have :)

Also can suggests it's possible. wether you have the right job is just as irrelavent as if you have enough skill. It is possible
damn sry.
brought a twinkie to excuse me:

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
No offense, but if you can't afford $10 for the expansion, how can you afford the $12.99 for the monthly fees and your internet bill on top of that?
Maybe you should reconsider what you are spending your money on?
inb4 people rage and give reasons that make no sense

lmao^x2

people can complain all they want about Abyssea and the problems it has or that it's easymode w/e w/e w/e ..they are not wrong, HOWEVER if you're not doing Abyssea for exp 72+ then you're doing it wrong plain and simple... unless you are limited on playing time like others have mentioned in which you can do CB. The time alone saved by getting 20-40k exp and hour depending on where you are starting and how long you're in HAS to be worth the difference in time you would spend.

Time is money dude.. time is money.

if you would rather spend literally hours upon hours upon hours grinding away at exp to get to 85 then your priorities are whack. Go mow someones lawn for $10 or some ***, go trade in some cans or bottles. It should not be difficult to locate $10 you are essentially trading X amount of time to get $10 for what 40+ (i have no idea) hours given back to you?
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-24 14:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

this >.> and it take little to no effort to make a shout macro in whitegate asking for help .. hell u can even pay people to help you if you are so inclined :X

I find it so LOLzy people complaining they cant finish COp or w/e NOW when so many of us completed our missions BEFORE the level cap was taken off /facepalm
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 14:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
damn sry. brought a twinkie to excuse me:
omg twinkies

Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-24 14:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

this >.> and it take little to no effort to make a shout macro in whitegate asking for help .. hell u can even pay people to help you if you are so inclined :X

I find it so LOLzy people complaining they cant finish COp or w/e NOW when so many of us completed our missions BEFORE the level cap was taken off /facepalm
i get your point. but paying for help in missions? first i thought: "i call lassie to bark at this ***" but then i realized you are right: this expansion is old as hell. only reason i have no Raja's yet cuz i can't solo Promathia as mnk (i tried it srsly) so i just wait for some buddys to come along when they have done their Af3+1's.
not having finished it sucks and it still doesnt help if you wait up for the "moment" to come when suddenly all people on COP mission 5-3 decide: hey let's do this naow!
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-24 14:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Perhaps you should've also bolded the very start where I said it depends on what jobs you have :) Also can suggests it's possible. wether you have the right job is just as irrelavent as if you have enough skill. It is possible
damn sry. brought a twinkie to excuse me:

I'm trying to save money on food, and you are posting pictures of Twinkies? whiskey tango foxtrot dude!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 14:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Perhaps you should've also bolded the very start where I said it depends on what jobs you have :) Also can suggests it's possible. wether you have the right job is just as irrelavent as if you have enough skill. It is possible

Lol I found it lolzy even before they took off the lvl cap. Because of how much they had already gimped it. I mean back when I did it you had to farm all the stuff ahead of time. Having a fulll well set up pt with everyone having the items specific for that fight was a must. Alot of the fights were ALOT harder. Like snoll litterally had 50% more hp then it does now. I actually recently helped a guy having trouble with it since I had some time to burn. Went over and chainspelled it rq and like half an hour I was done. Shouldn't be too hard to get 1-2 people to help
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-24 15:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Lol I found it lolzy even before they took off the lvl cap. Because of how much they had already gimped it. I mean back when I did it you had to farm all the stuff ahead of time. Having a fulll well set up pt with everyone having the items specific for that fight was a must. Alot of the fights were ALOT harder. Like snoll litterally had 50% more hp then it does now.
they did nerf the snoll fight yes and did adjustements to tenzen. but still Promy's (+vahzl) those battles sucked and they did not nerf those BC's. i got to tenzen after Leveluncap so i am not sure how more harder it was before the cop nerf back when. just don't want to imagine missions being so friggin hard.

and edit: sry i posted twinkies damnit now i gotta go and get some.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 15:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
this >.> and it take little to no effort to make a shout macro in whitegate asking for help .. hell u can even pay people to help you if you are so inclined :X I find it so LOLzy people complaining they cant finish COp or w/e NOW when so many of us completed our missions BEFORE the level cap was taken off /facepalm
Lol I found it lolzy even before they took off the lvl cap. Because of how much they had already gimped it. I mean back when I did it you had to farm all the stuff ahead of time. Having a fulll well set up pt with everyone having the items specific for that fight was a must. Alot of the fights were ALOT harder. Like snoll litterally had 50% more hp then it does now.
they did nerf the snoll fight yes and did adjustements to tenzen. but still Promy's (+vahzl) those battles sucked and they did not nerf those BC's. i got to tenzen after Leveluncap so i am not sure how more harder it was before the cop nerf back when. just don't want to imagine missions being so friggin hard.
Not directly. But being able to buy the items has helped. Since before you know someone was gunna be like I couldn't farm them or whatever
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-24 15:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
i get your point. but paying for help in missions? first i thought: "i call lassie to bark at this ***" but then i realized you are right: this expansion is old as hell. only reason i have no Raja's yet cuz i can't solo Promathia as mnk (i tried it srsly) so i just wait for some buddys to come along when they have done their Af3+1's.
not having finished it sucks and it still doesnt help if you wait up for the "moment" to come when suddenly all people on COP mission 5-3 decide: hey let's do this naow!
Obviously, if you are a vet and have friends, you should not need to pay for help, but there are alot of "mid gamers" out there who do not have the social network we have in game so they may be forced to do a shout..

I help people for free in my social LS because I would not want to have to resort to paying 50k 100k w/e

Back when the expansions first came out I did a shout every day doing mission after mission until I finally finished.. Hell was one of the first to finish TOAH :< Wish I knew then I couldnt change my ring later *** .. anyways its what you find valuable.

pay 10k a pop for a win = 5ok ( for 5 people)
50k is wha an hr of farming vs waiting a week and how many hours doing shouts?
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-24 15:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Das >.> back in the day it was an ALL DAy event doing 1 path of the 3 paths :X farming that crap took forever :<
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-24 15:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Obviously, if you are a vet and have friends, you should not need to pay for help, but there are alot of "mid gamers" out there who do not have the social network we have in game so they may be forced to do a shout..

I help people for free in my social LS because I would not want to have to resort to paying 50k 100k w/e

Back when the expansions first came out I did a shout every day doing mission after mission until I finally finished.. Hell was one of the first to finish TOAH :< Wish I knew then I couldnt change my ring later *** .. anyways its what you find valuable.

pay 10k a pop for a win = 5ok ( for 5 people)
50k is wha an hr of farming vs waiting a week and how many hours doing shouts?
{True Strike}. i was lucky being in a social ls that would do those missions just because of the uncaping of cop areas. sure it was easy as hell compared to the times back and every Veteran was like: "nooo noobs getting sea access." now nobody is in sea most of the times ^^. what i try to say basically is on the one way or the other you can get to the end of cop either paying for help or otherwise. social-ls-wise: they do have a problem with that, that's for sure.

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
this >.> and it take little to no effort to make a shout macro in whitegate asking for help .. hell u can even pay people to help you if you are so inclined :X I find it so LOLzy people complaining they cant finish COp or w/e NOW when so many of us completed our missions BEFORE the level cap was taken off /facepalm
Not directly. But being able to buy the items has helped. Since before you know someone was gunna be like I couldn't farm them or whatever
diremites ....hate them, though they drop avatar-blood.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-24 15:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So i should be able to solo the three paths correct? what about airship fight as a 81 thf with evasion gear? And did I see someone say the Tenzen fight was nerfed somehow?
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-24 15:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:

{True Strike}. i was lucky being in a social ls that would do those missions just because of the uncaping of cop areas. sure it was easy as hell compared to the times back and every Veteran was like: "nooo noobs getting sea access." now nobody is in sea most of the times ^^. what i try to say basically is on the one way or the other you can get to the end of cop either paying for help or otherwise. social-ls-wise: they do have a problem with that, that's for sure.

Hell last night I needed weapon skills for my katana ToM so I went to sky and killed some god trigger NMs for on my social /casual end gamers Ls.. Its unreal lately the help you can get because "if people are kind" they can help themselves along the way :X

That being said , in my opinion (on my server) it seems that along with gimped idiots, respect for fellow players was tossed out the window >=o

Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-24 15:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I go anywhre near the diremites I need to change the dat .-. they make me feel like im going to vomit :< nasty buggers
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 15:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So i should be able to solo the three paths correct? what about airship fight as a 81 thf with evasion gear? And did I see someone say the Tenzen fight was nerfed somehow?
Maybe idk haven't tried. And idk about the tenzen fight but quite frankly it was never hard.

Like when I went and did it back in the day we won in like 30 secs. Then we were like yeah we did awesome lets kick some sea mobs ***. Went and tried to kill a lower lvl UFO.. yeah we got owned fast
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-24 15:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:

Hell last night I needed weapon skills for my katana ToM so I went to sky and killed some god trigger NMs for on my social /casual end gamers Ls.. Its unreal lately the help you can get because "if people are kind" they can help themselves along the way :X

That being said , in my opinion (on my server) it seems that along with gimped idiots, respect for fellow players was tossed out the window >=o

only reason they team up........... well, you can guess why.
for some amount hat is true. i rarely see a good equiped player being absolute selfish and absolute arrgant; can't be taken for granted though
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-24 15:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:

for some amount hat is true. i rarely see a good equiped player being absolute selfish and absolute arrgant; can't be taken for granted though

I would rather take average geared, decently skilled NICE players then the elite jerks who treat everyone else like ***.

I had that ls, and I dumped their *** :>
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 15:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually was in a Cop ls like a year ago. Random invite and I helped them a couple of times. But yeah they would do it every week and help people thru. And I saw shouts fairly often. And I doubt it would be that much harder to get people now then then and now you need alot less
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-24 15:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:

I would rather take average geared, decently skilled NICE players then the elite jerks who treat everyone else like ***.

I had that ls, and I dumped their *** :>
and here's why HNML's can kiss my ***. :) i do dynamis and other stuff but i don't want to be called out totally of the social stuff. i.e. helped ls member get G2 done. and some came too. that's a big reason i play this game.

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I actually was in a Cop ls like a year ago. Random invite and I helped them a couple of times. But yeah they would do it every week and help people thru. And I saw shouts fairly often. And I doubt it would be that much harder to get people now then then and now you need alot less

i really wish i wouldve found a shell like this back when cop was capped (did only Promys capped, Shame on me :( ). that would really given a big boost.

oh yeah i think they added some higher mobs to lvl on to in aht urgan areas. but good luck finding them and good luck finding people to come along. sad but true. get that 10 Bucks somehow and get your abyssean-ticket.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-24 15:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
wait untill last expansion, i bet they will have a "all-in-one" pack where you can get all 3 expansions for something like 15$.
I saw this and realized I hadnt commented on the OP./facepalm

Its true that abssyea is dominating FFXI right now. Its also true that you need to be in the exp party for hours sometimes to get the full benefits. But if you don't want to buy it, the SE gods are not going to put you into a hall of shame ffs.. LOL

Its your ultimate decision (and I can see from a valid standpoint why you are hesitant to buy it with a family)

I will reiterate though, that even if you get 1 expansion now .. play that for a couple mths, see how you like it thats 5 bucks a mth? a 12 pack of soda, 2 bags of chips, 1 less movie rental a mth...thats what you are losing, 1 of those.

As for alternate camps:

Mis Coas on Roc type birds, and vultures
Promy Areas~ top floors( exp is kinda slowish)
Merit parties are still good in bhaf thickets
East ronf (s) with a 35-37 sync
Campaign is always good (be warned if you didnt know no skillups are given while tags are on)
Besieged is still a good alternative when they happen
and so on :)

Play how you want to and enjoy :> In the end its your game