New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Game Thugs
Game Thugs
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22
By Artemicion 2010-09-13 04:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I'm not one to dog on being able to get more exp for your time; that's great. However, I wish SE at least kept some sort of balance between the methods of gaining exp.

At least that way partying/FoVing would have (perhaps not equal, but some) appeal still.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 04:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
So your saying that the level 80s telling the experience party to move isnt bullying? And that when the GMs were called they supported the rights of the 80s? Your definition of bulling is vastely different to mine and SE are the GMs therefore they supported bullying.

They told you to move? And even if they did that doesn't mean SE condones bullying.

That's like saying McDonalds condones bullying because it makes people fat.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 04:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
In fact a couple weeks ago I was doing trial birds at the other camp near leypoint..

A bunch of people came up, stopped, got off chocobos and examined me. Pretty much knew they were wanting the camp..

I asked if they were there for that, they said yeah (saw they were 54 or something, at least a few).. /bow'd and left.

Plenty of goddamn mobs in xi to do trials with. No need to take up legit camps for it.

The EXPers should have priority and I'd personally leave to let them party unless I was killing one or two really slowly, then I wouldn't care.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-09-13 04:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
So your saying that the level 80s telling the experience party to move isnt bullying? And that when the GMs were called they supported the rights of the 80s? Your definition of bulling is vastely different to mine and SE are the GMs therefore they supported bullying.

Unless they were grieving you and trying to get you to leave they didn't really do anything wrong. That is why the GMs did nothing. The level 80 people had just as much right to be there killing birds as you did.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-13 04:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
kyi the thing is your asking too much of SE. what do you think they should do? teleport the 80s away from the place? make it so that the 80s can't claim monsters?

The GM job is to make sure the game runs and to keep people from harassing/inteninaly hurting people in the game. As it is both partys were just fighting over a camping spot. Even tho common courtesy state that the 80s were in the wrong. They didn't break any rules so SE can't do anything.

If they did any more then they would have to inpead on players rights within the game. They can only do that if rules are broken.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter 2010-09-13 04:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
If you read the original thread I asked where was the gamemanship gone

If you had read some of my replies, in addition to other people's replies, you'd have realized we've already said that there isn't any. Especially in this situation.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 04:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The lack of reading is already making me rage.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-13 04:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
..... ok since your just going to skip over everything i've said and nit pic fine.

what happened to gamemanship? Nothing! its still there its always been there. Just because not 100% of the playerbase has it doesn't mean it up and left ff11 forever.

You have people you enjoy playing with right? You have seen people be nice to other players right?

Just because there are jerks in this game doesn't mean everyone doesn't have morals.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-09-13 04:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:

You did imply SE was supporting their behaviour by doing nothing about their actions. Really, it's the players that were at fault, not SE.

Yes they could have moved, but they aren't required too.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 04:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
If you want a game that is fair to all players then its not SE FFXI. The fact that arseholes play the game is a fact. But surely there has to be some rules around fair play and points raised about being fair to other players. Everything in SE is black and white, level 56 cant solo or party now, everything is geared to supporting the higher players and not about getting fresh blood into the game and how to make it easier for solo players. SE is at fault for allowing the 80s to have exp off mobs thats are 20 levels below them. There should be penalties for groups of 6+ 80s on ep so they are not attractive to them so they are freed up for the solo/low party ppl. SE makes the rules, they can change the rules, GMs are only players who read rules they cant do anything about the rules. Eventually all that will be left in the game will be the arseholes. Maybe thats what SE is planing all along. Get the high players what they want then ditch the game entirely.

Are you new to the internet or something? Find me a game where this doesn't happen.
 Leviathan.Duriel
Server: Leviathan
user: duriel
By Leviathan.Duriel 2010-09-13 04:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

every game has asshats in them, get over it and move on.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 05:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You are wrong, not every game does.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 05:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
To make a point, match fixing by the indian cricketers was raised in the public eye, as far as im concerned FFXI is a game, with match fixers in it.

Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter 2010-09-13 05:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If only there was some way to direct your energy towards the people who have wronged you. Unfortunately this is an MMO. Not much you can do, besides realize that you have been wronged. You can then work towards not being like these players. This way you won't make other people feel the same way these players have made you feel.

No point in questioning why they're being ***.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 05:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
You are wrong, not every game does.

Point me to an online game that doesn't have *** in it.
 Leviathan.Duriel
By Leviathan.Duriel 2010-09-13 05:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maple Story duuuuude!!!
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 05:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duriel said:
Maple Story duuuuude!!!

Lol... yeah... Ok >.>
 Leviathan.Duriel
By Leviathan.Duriel 2010-09-13 05:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

my friend tried getting me to play Maple Story with her, I was turned away when one of the best weapons is Golden Poo on a Stick..... /sad
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 05:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

>Play maple story for an hour
>Realise that the majority of players are 13
>People are *** still
>HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE everything
>cash shop
>NOPE
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-13 05:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
If you want a game that is fair to all players then its not SE FFXI. The fact that arseholes play the game is a fact. But surely there has to be some rules around fair play and points raised about being fair to other players. Everything in SE is black and white, level 56 cant solo or party now, everything is geared to supporting the higher players and not about getting fresh blood into the game and how to make it easier for solo players. SE is at fault for allowing the 80s to have exp off mobs thats are 20 levels below them. There should be penalties for groups of 6+ 80s on ep so they are not attractive to them so they are freed up for the solo/low party ppl. SE makes the rules, they can change the rules, GMs are only players who read rules they cant do anything about the rules. Eventually all that will be left in the game will be the arseholes. Maybe thats what SE is planing all along. Get the high players what they want then ditch the game entirely.

You just don't get it.....

Fact number 1: There will always... ALWAYS be people fighting over nm,camps,ect no matter how you make the rules.

Fact number 2: 1 situtation of jerks running you out of a camp does not mean lower leveled party members are doomed to be lower leveled forever or that new players are being pushed out of wanting to play this game.

Fact number 3: lets say for the sake of the agument SE makes your changes above. will that fix everything? Heck no there will always be situations were players will fight about somthing (whether your in the right or not) SE isn't freaking god, they can't make perfect jugments. They are human just like the rest of us and thus they can only be neutral most of the time.

If you want to conplain about jerks go ahead but as I said before blameing SE for situations like this is stupid and unreasonable.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 05:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
If i did that then there would be one in them >.>

So you can't.

Stop being an unrealistic queef.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22