Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-09 14:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
/facepalm ,wth happen to this thread

And I helped! Seriously though... it's pretty much figured out that all level 70+ mobs drop crests. They just have a low drop rate is all.

Right? :|
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-09 14:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, this thread is about your little dog's rainbow poop.
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-09-09 14:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

12hours for it! eat that! >:O
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-09-09 14:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing abyssea exp on worms and have gotten 15 crests or so within the last 3hours.

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-09-09 14:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i killed Darter's for about 2 hours and no drop

*** U SE!!!!
 Unicorn.Mireillechan
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Mireillechan 2010-09-09 14:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally...finally aquired myself some crests last night. I probably spent close to 2.5hrs killing treants...I didn't get a single one. My ls on the otherhand, came out shortly after I had been there for awhile and started killing marids and chigoes...they were getting them left and right. So, I eventually joined them and got my 5 crests. Still, ridiculous to have to spend that much time and get nothing. >.> Squeenix, you suck.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-09 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Mireillechan said:
I finally...finally aquired myself some crests last night. I probably spent close to 2.5hrs killing treants...I didn't get a single one. My ls on the otherhand, came out shortly after I had been there for awhile and started killing marids and chigoes...they were getting them left and right. So, I eventually joined them and got my 5 crests. Still, ridiculous to have to spend that much time and get nothing. >.> Squeenix, you suck.

I got all 5 soloing antlions in 90 minutes. As someone mentioned earlier, it took way more than that to gather the items needed for GK 1.

Edit: I've spent more time that that farming testimonies too, not to mention coffer keys for AF quests lol
 Ramuh.Wolfjorg
Server: Ramuh
user: wolfjorgg
By Ramuh.Wolfjorg 2010-09-09 15:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

5hrs in sky and 1 drop *** YOU SE seriously wtf!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-09 15:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

***. Genkai 1 items take me about 30 minutes.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-09 15:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

An hour, tops.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-09 15:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:

Did it take you 30 minutes when you were at lv 50 on your first job?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-09 15:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I got help so about an hour. Their drop rate is so much higher than crests. This is ridiculously time consuming compared to 1.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 15:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For all those people with there completely unproven 5 min rule

[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-09 15:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I got help so about an hour. Their drop rate is so much higher than crests. This is ridiculously time consuming compared to 1.

If you had help with this as well, a bunch of people solely killing mobs for you to get the crests, I'm sure it wouldnt take more than an hour as well.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-09 15:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get 1 per PT, just like with seals. You can have up to 3 Kindred's Seals in your pool in Abyssea.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 15:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've definitely had more than 1 KS in my pool solo
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-09 15:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

If you had help with this as well, a bunch of people solely killing mobs for you to get the crests, I'm sure it wouldnt take more than an hour as well.

I had a RDM and THF with me the first time, took us a few hours to get 4. I went and duo'd for a couple hours in Teriggan and there we got 2. Fast forward to today, few hours and I finally completed my last 2. It took a lot longer than an hour because the drop rate on these is *** horrible. Not to mention I tried to solo them on defoliate treants for like an hour but no drop.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 15:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
For all those people with there completely unproven 5 min rule
I lol'd thats awesome, pure awesome.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 15:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think that's awesome you should've seen the light earring with +1 resist stun!!!
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 15:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot crap thats amazing! Any other neat augmented items from the new zones?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-09 15:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

I had a RDM and THF with me the first time, took us a few hours to get 4. I went and duo'd for a couple hours in Teriggan and there we got 2. Fast forward to today, few hours and I finally completed my last 2. It took a lot longer than an hour because the drop rate on these is *** horrible. Not to mention I tried to solo them on defoliate treants for like an hour but no drop.

Still, you're argument was you did GK 1 in an hr tops, I'm saying there's people who it took a lot more time than that to get it complete. And it only took me a little over an hr to get my crests, so it's really no difference. Drops are random, no matter if its crests or GK 1 items.

There's a lot of whining in this thread, people seem to think SE should let them log in as lv 85 right after the update.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-09 15:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Still, you're argument was you did GK 1 in an hr tops, I'm saying there's people who it took a lot more time than that to get it complete. And it only took me a little over an hr to get my crests, so it's really no difference. Drops are random, no matter if its crests or GK 1 items.

There's a lot of whining in this thread, people seem to think SE should let them log in as lv 85 right after the update.

Everytime I've done genkai for people the items have dropped much much faster, even with low amount of mobs (like Lich). These Crests have a HORRIBLE drop rate, probably because of pretty much all 70+ mobs dropping them. I know some people have taken longer to do Genkai 1 but in general, it's much faster than farming these crests. Gonna have oldschool genkai item farming alliances since it's so bad <_<
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 15:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what the drop rate would be if they were seperate from seals.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 15:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Did it take you 30 minutes when you were at lv 50 on your first job?

Remember in the future when ppl may get help with this from a lvl 99 thf with th5-6 it may be quite fast too, never know possible that these dc mobs will be tooweak by then. It may not work like beastmen seals / kindred seals where mob has to be dc/ep to highest lvl in pt for mob to drop the crest.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-09 15:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

TH doesn't effect the drop rate. I just hate SE's random ***. I mean yeah it took Zanno 90 minutes, *** woohoo for you guy?

I did it for 3 and a half hours last night and I got 3. I will probably spend all night tonight getting the other two.

Oh and that's with a level 80 rdm PL hasting and curing me on my monk, so I wasn't exactly killing slow.
 Sylph.Kaiye
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-09 15:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you SE for making this more of a *** task then all the previous genkais combined.

/facepalm

2hrs and 2 seals so far, I guess I should consider myself a bit lucky >_<
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-09-09 15:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 took about 6hr on Magmatic Eruca in Mt. Z.
soo happy T_T
By Derfthegalka 2010-09-09 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

YO BRODER Y'ALL CULD HAVE HALPED MAH GET M AH KAZZY KEYS IN A GIFFEH!! WOUNT BE ANY DANG OL TAKE ANY NINTEHFIVE MINUES ON ANY DANG OL STALLEH KINBRED CRABS YO HALP A BRODER OUTS!! >______> THENS WHEN I DONE BUFF DERFIE KICK SOME *** GETS UR CRABS IN A NO-TAEMS-FLATE
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-09-09 16:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kaiye said:
Thank you SE for making this more of a *** task then all the previous genkais combined.

/facepalm

2hrs and 2 seals so far, I guess I should consider myself a bit lucky >_<

I think RDMs who had to fight Maat might disagree. XP
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 16:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Derfthegalka said:
YO BRODER Y'ALL CULD HAVE HALPED MAH GET M AH KAZZY KEYS IN A GIFFEH!! WOUNT BE ANY DANG OL TAKE ANY NINTEHFIVE MINUES ON ANY DANG OL STALLEH KINBRED CRABS YO HALP A BRODER OUTS!! >______> THENS WHEN I DONE BUFF DERFIE KICK SOME *** GETS UR CRABS IN A NO-TAEMS-FLATE

Humour aside, not that I find it funny anymore much but you wont find many people for a while that willing to assist and pass on 5 crests unless they were doing a trial anyway thats probably ur best bet if you really need help. You also dont state the server you are on.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12