First Page 2 3 4
 Valefor.Abeo
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Vabeo
By Valefor.Abeo 2010-09-03 03:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Source: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5811/detail.html

As previously announced, the September version update will see the unveiling of a variety of new job abilities, traits, and spells. Besides these additions, existing job abilities will also see wide-ranging adjustments and refinements.

The following adjustments will be made to existing job abilities:
- The warrior ability "Restraint" will no longer prevent the user from dealing critical hits.

- The thief ability "Despoil" will have an increased success rate, and the status ailment inflicted upon the enemy will be displayed in the message log.

- The beastmaster ability "Call Beast" will receive four new jugs:
Curdled Plasma Broth / Goblin Bug Broth / Bubbling Carrion Broth / Chirping Grasshopper Broth

- The beastmaster ability "Reward" will have minimum level requirements placed on pet food as follows, and the healing effect will be increased accordingly for food of higher levels:
- Pet Food Alpha (Level 12)
- Pet Food Beta (Level 24)
- Pet Food Gamma (Level 36)
- Pet Food Delta (Level 48)
- Pet Food Epsilon (Level 60)
- Pet Food Zeta (Level 72)

- The bard songs "Chocobo Mazurka" and "Raptor Mazurka" will be effective in non-field areas.

- Elemental ninjutsu will receive a damage increase.

- The dragoon ability "Spirit Jump" will be affected by the "Jump Recast" merit point skill.

- The enhanced effect of the dragoon ability "Spirit Jump" when your wyvern is present will be increased further.

- Wyverns summoned with the dragoon ability "Call Wyvern" will be able to level up with experience gained in Abyssea.

- Summoners level 76 and above will see a decrease in the amount of MP required to sustain summoned avatars.

- The following blood pacts will have their effect duration lengthened commensurate with summoning magic skill, regardless of whether or not the skill has been increased to its maximum:
Shining Ruby / Glittering Ruby / Hastega / Crimson Howl / Frost Armor / Rolling Thunder / Lightning Armor / Ecliptic Growl / Ecliptic Howl / Noctoshield / Dream Shroud

- The maximum amount of MP drainable using the summoner ability "Elemental Siphon" will be increased.

- The maximum amount of MP restorable with the blue magic spell "Battery Charge" will be increased. This will be accomplished by reducing the rate of MP restoration slightly, but increasing the total duration of the spell effect.

- Your assigned set of blue magic will remain stored even after changing jobs.

- It will now be possible to accumulate TP and increase marksmanship skill using the corsair ability "Quick Draw."

- The duration of the corsair ability "Double Up" upon a roll of 11 will be reduced to five minutes.
*To compensate for this, enhancements to "Lucky 11" rolls are being planned for future updates, so please stay tuned!

- The puppetmaster ability "Deus Ex Automata" will be added.
- Deus Ex Automata (PUP Lv.5 / Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Calls forth your automaton in an unsound state.

- When level restriction results in a puppetmaster's automaton being deactivated in a state of full or nearly full health, the ability "Activate" will become immediately usable.

- The following items usable with the puppetmaster ability "Repair" will provide immediate HP restoration in addition to their existing Regen effect. Their purchase price will also be reduced.
Automaton Oil / Automaton Oil +1 / Automaton Oil +2

Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-03 03:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerfed my pet food zeta at my current level, are you serious SE?
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-09-03 03:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Deus Ex Automata is probably the best JA name ever.

PLD abilities really need to be tweaked though (specifically lower recast timers to compete with Third Eye and Counterstance/Perfect Counter).
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-03 03:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

- It will now be possible to accumulate TP and increase marksmanship skill using the corsair ability "Quick Draw."

Idk if this makes me sad or happy

Does that mean it will give tp to the mob aswell?

Edit:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Deus Ex Automata is probably the best JA name ever.

PLD abilities really need to be tweaked though (specifically lower recast timers to compete with Third Eye and Counterstance/Perfect Counter).

PLD should totally get a "perfect shieldblock" ability to compete with those:p
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-03 03:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

wah hoo! Finally. Blu magic will be saved, no more having to set spells every single time you change job.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-03 03:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always wondered why quick draw never gave me tp. Thanks SE ^^. Also, I can now spam light shot to get capped marksmanship. SWEET!
By semimmortal 2010-09-03 03:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
- The bard songs "Chocobo Mazurka" and "Raptor Mazurka" will be effective in non-field areas.

YES!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-03 03:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
wah hoo! Finally. Blu magic will be saved, no more having to set spells every single time you change job.

Yeah I thought you guyes got lucky there xD

And this:

- The warrior ability "Restraint" will no longer prevent the user from dealing critical hits.

Maybe people will actually use it now? :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 03:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

-The maximum amount of MP restorable with the blue magic spell "Battery Charge" will be increased. This will be accomplished by reducing the rate of MP restoration slightly, but increasing the total duration of the spell effect.

Why do I feel this will end up beign a gimp?
 Valefor.Abeo
Server: Valefor
user: Vabeo
By Valefor.Abeo 2010-09-03 03:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess the overall consensus amongst Corsairs was that the ten minute XI roll was more trouble than it's worth, interesting.

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
- It will now be possible to accumulate TP and increase marksmanship skill using the corsair ability "Quick Draw." Idk if this makes me sad or happy Does that mean it will give tp to the mob aswell?

I really, really hope not.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-03 03:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Quote:

- The duration of the corsair ability "Double Up" upon a roll of 11 will be reduced to five minutes.
*To compensate for this, enhancements to "Lucky 11" rolls are being planned for future updates, so please stay tuned!
Motha fu...

I actually dont mind this lol

Was kinda annoying at times.. if people got it dispelled, but I could'nt recast it because I still had it on etc etc..
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-03 03:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Abeo said:
Guess the overall consensus amongst Corsairs was that the ten minute XI roll was more trouble than it's worth, interesting.

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
- It will now be possible to accumulate TP and increase marksmanship skill using the corsair ability "Quick Draw." Idk if this makes me sad or happy Does that mean it will give tp to the mob aswell?

I really, really hope not.

It was rather troublesome having a buff you cannot overwrite for 5-6 minutes especially if it was one that prohibited you from doing reasonable damage on the side.

Although strictly from a buffing point of view, this will be missed. All I have to say is 11s better make dual bard songs look like a joke when they finish up with whatever they have planned.
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-03 03:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

- The thief ability "Despoil" will have an increased success rate, and the status ailment inflicted upon the enemy will be displayed in the message log.

Does this mean Steal is now useless? So I should be stealing about 3-5 currency pieces in dyna instead of 1-2. And now gold beastcoin farming is even easier now? Wow that's awesome.

Wait, does steal+ gear work for despoil?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-03 03:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
- The maximum amount of MP restorable with the blue magic spell "Battery Charge" will be increased. This will be accomplished by reducing the rate of MP restoration slightly, but increasing the total duration of the spell effect.

- Your assigned set of blue magic will remain stored even after changing jobs.

Double awesome.
Quote:
- The beastmaster ability "Call Beast" will receive four new jugs:
Curdled Plasma Broth / Goblin Bug Broth / Bubbling Carrion Broth / Chirping Grasshopper Broth

Sexy party and all that. First one sounds like a slime pet, so that's enough for me.
Quote:
- The beastmaster ability "Reward" will have minimum level requirements placed on pet food as follows, and the healing effect will be increased accordingly for food of higher levels:
- Pet Food Alpha (Level 12)
- Pet Food Beta (Level 24)
- Pet Food Gamma (Level 36)
- Pet Food Delta (Level 48)
- Pet Food Epsilon (Level 60)
- Pet Food Zeta (Level 72)

Could be crappy, though I HOPE this means Zeta will be able to cure for more.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-03 03:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda bummed lower level BST got the shaft on super healing their pets, but oh well, at least we got new jug pets. That'll make up for it in the end.

Also Mazukra in non field zones = <3
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-03 03:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
-The maximum amount of MP restorable with the blue magic spell "Battery Charge" will be increased. This will be accomplished by reducing the rate of MP restoration slightly, but increasing the total duration of the spell effect.

Why do I feel this will end up beign a gimp?

I can see it being 3 MP/tic, but longer duration. I'm trying to be optimistic.
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-09-03 03:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It says it'll restore more MP than it does now, it'll just be slower. Not sure why that seems to mean "nerf" to most people.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 03:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Quote:
- The maximum amount of MP restorable with the blue magic spell "Battery Charge" will be increased. This will be accomplished by reducing the rate of MP restoration slightly, but increasing the total duration of the spell effect. - Your assigned set of blue magic will remain stored even after changing jobs.
Double awesome.

I'm just hoping that it doesn't end up being less mp over time.

For example say they change it to 3/tic but last 5 min instead of 2:30.

So net 250 mp in that time. Which is more than than the net 150 you would gain currently. So you gain 100 more mp per cast...

But net 50 less mp every 5 min.

Not to mention if it goes to 3/tic you might as well jsut have an rdm refresh you since it is the same and cost you nothing. Or refresh II ;)
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-03 03:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 Dasva
By semimmortal 2010-09-03 04:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, BLU relies a lot on spell spammage to keep up with the DDs (Don't flame me on this one! It's been a while...), and getting back MP faster and less looks better than getting it slowly but more overtime.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-03 04:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused, Despoil gave a status ailment? I thought it was simply a different level of what items could be stolen.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 04:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
I'm confused, Despoil gave a status ailment? I thought it was simply a different level of what items could be stolen.
It did both
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 04:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice to know I'm not the only person that had a kneejerk reaction against the Battery Charge adjustment. Time will tell how that pans out. Remembering your spell set is win though.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-09-03 05:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

"- Your assigned set of blue magic will remain stored even after changing jobs."

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS! >:O
[+]
 Alexander.Magicmachine
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Magicmachine 2010-09-03 05:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:

yea i know its about time lol
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-09-03 05:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Abeo said:

i somehow dont understand.... no more 10 min rolls when doing a 11 or what will "double Up Ability reduced to 5 min" mean? Or after doing a 11 5 min no double UP?
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-09-03 05:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It means if you roll an 11, Double Up will be recastable in five minutes.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-09-03 05:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf....
First Page 2 3 4