Forum » FFXI » General » Weapon Skill mod & smart gearing
Weapon Skill mod & smart gearing
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2010-08-10 16:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing some revamping of my gearing on RNG solely because I have been under the assumption that AGI = Ranged Accuracy, which it always has been, but recently I discovered that all that AGI I was stacking does NOT go toward Ranged Accuracy during a weaponskill, that it is only applied towards modding the WS.

That being said. This poses some questions on the various setups i've tried over the years.

1. If AGI being used for TP = RNG ACC but dosen't = RNG ACC for WS, then it would be smart to use something with AGI and RNG ACC for WS.

2. Hachiryu Sune-ate < Missile Boots for TP?

One thing I have noticed though, I bought Hachiryu legs and feet for RNG a while back, and my WS DMG was slightly higher, but to be honest, it wasn't 20,000,000 gil worth. I was thinking I would be better off with ASA legs or the assault pollywog legs or w/e theyre called.

Has anyone experimented much with the idea that say "DEX = ACC unless your WS needs DEX, then its simply a mod, and nothing more"?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-10 16:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said:
but recently I discovered that all that AGI I was stacking does NOT go toward Ranged Accuracy during a weaponskill, that it is only applied towards modding the WS.
wut
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-10 16:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gunna say I'd like to see some serious testing on such a crazy idea
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-10 16:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably something a really uninformed RNG came up with to explain the -40 acc penalty on Slugwinder at 100 TP. If this is true, my Drakesbanes are getting a rather large innate acc boost... I just don't buy it.
 Sylph.Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2010-08-10 16:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant remember which post it was, but a couple weeks ago a RNG was asking about AGI and someone in there mentioned that AGI, which normally works as RNG ACC, didnt carry that role during a WS, that it was strictly a mod.

That was the only time i've ever heard that, and i'm not too sure if it's true or not.

If it is, then TP and WS setups would be changed alot.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-10 16:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said:
I cant remember which post it was, but a couple weeks ago a RNG was asking about AGI and someone in there mentioned that AGI, which normally works as RNG ACC, didnt carry that role during a WS, that it was strictly a mod.

That was the only time i've ever heard that, and i'm not too sure if it's true or not.

I think that was from the Yoichi RNG who used full AGI to WS in... All I've ever heard AGI would carry the same role in the WS; reason behind saying that... For a WAR which I have leveled, Raging Rush tends to be more accurate than other WS because one of the mods is DEX, but the DEX also adjusts Melee Accuracy, so should be the same for AGI.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-10 16:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said:

It's not true.
AGI give you racc like normal, but it works as a mod aswell.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-10 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
I think that was from the Yoichi RNG who used full AGI to WS in...
lol
Sylph.Ashaaman said:
For a WAR which I have leveled, Raging Rush tends to be more accurate than other WS because one of the mods is DEX, but the DEX also adjusts Melee Accuracy
Since when O-o
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-10 16:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:

For a WAR which I have leveled, Raging Rush tends to be more accurate than other WS because one of the mods is DEX, but the DEX also adjusts Melee Accuracy, so should be the same for AGI.

Raging rush:
Modifiers: STR:35%

Just because it can crit dont make dex a mod*
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-10 16:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, w/e, you guys knew what I meant. Still same principles apply.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-10 16:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he meant cause of the crits.

Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-10 16:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Any RNG advocating full AGI for WS is doin' it wrong.
As a RNG, fSTR2 is your best friend, and by extension, STR is.
 Sylph.Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2010-08-10 16:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Washburn said:
I cant remember which post it was, but a couple weeks ago a RNG was asking about AGI and someone in there mentioned that AGI, which normally works as RNG ACC, didnt carry that role during a WS, that it was strictly a mod. That was the only time i've ever heard that, and i'm not too sure if it's true or not. If it is, then TP and WS setups would be changed alot.
It's not true. AGI give you racc like normal, but it works as a mod aswell.

I understand that it does both, but during WS does it do both simultaneously?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-10 17:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Any RNG advocating full AGI for WS is doin' it wrong. As a RNG, fSTR2 is your best friend, and by extension, STR is.
Assuming you aren't capped... which is kinda easy for gun rngs too do
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-10 17:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Washburn said:
I cant remember which post it was, but a couple weeks ago a RNG was asking about AGI and someone in there mentioned that AGI, which normally works as RNG ACC, didnt carry that role during a WS, that it was strictly a mod. That was the only time i've ever heard that, and i'm not too sure if it's true or not. If it is, then TP and WS setups would be changed alot.

I believe that's what Kvazz meant. Anyway, yes... you will get racc, and it will work as a mod on your WS too if your WS has AGI as a modifier.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-10 17:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Uninformed people giving gear advice = confused community

That's along the lines of "WS accuracy" equips only affect the first hit xD
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-10 17:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Um... I may have worded that wrong but... I wasn't bashing anyone, except maybe the yoichi rng using full AGI
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-08-10 17:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said:

Instead of bashing everyone's combined efforts to figure out what's best overall, could you add to the success to this thread, rather than trying to make your internet-*** look bigger?
Quote:
I hate little ***-for-brains *** like you who respond to someone pointing out huge, gaping chasms in your logic with "OMG IF UR NOT GONNA AGREE WITH ME DONT SAY ANYTHING"

I mean, its just another example of illiteracy run wild in America, but still... quite annoying.
Yup
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-10 17:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Sylph.Washburn said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Washburn said:

I believe that's what Kvazz meant. Anyway, yes... you will get racc, and it will work as a mod on your WS too if your WS has AGI as a modifier.

^^