Forum » FFXI » General » PS2 Limitations Thing
PS2 Limitations Thing
First Page 2 3 4
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-08-02 16:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about you guys, but I started to get sick of hearing this "PS2 Limitations" thing lately. Can't you guys transfer to PC version of the game, so we can enjoy inventory space increase or other bonuses that were restricted because of these limitations whatever they are. Though still it sounds very unrealistic to me such restrictions are caused by PS2 limitations, PS2 already can handle such huge game content with no problems.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-02 17:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Its how the PS2 handles resources. SE can't just make it do as such. Resource management, like in any computer system, is based on the OS. So sadly, yes, the PS2 does cause limitations. For a game that can expand to any degree like XI, there will be a limit to what a system designed to function a VERY specific way can actually do.
 Cerberus.Juliusi
Server: Cerberus
user: juliusi
By Cerberus.Juliusi 2010-08-02 17:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i 100000% agree omg its soooooo annoyoing not being able to auto translate it pisses me off wno even plays on the lolPS2?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-02 17:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
I don't know about you guys, but I started to get sick of hearing this "PS2 Limitations" thing lately. Can't you guys transfer to PC version of the game, so we can enjoy inventory space increase or other bonuses that were restricted because of these limitations what if they are. Though still it sounds very unrealistic to me such restrictions are caused by PS2 limitations, PS2 already can handle such huge game content with no problems.

YOU SWITCH 2 PS2 NOW.
PS2 beats all other versions.
None of you PC guys have that crazy kenyan guy sound in the beginning when you start up do ya(*** yeah I get excited as *** when I hear that when I start up)?
That would be the most redeeming quality of playing it on ps2.
edit: you pay to rebuild my gaming PC and I will stop playing my ps2.

Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-02 17:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Rihoko said:
I don't know about you guys, but I started to get sick of hearing this "PS2 Limitations" thing lately. Can't you guys transfer to PC version of the game, so we can enjoy inventory space increase or other bonuses that were restricted because of these limitations what if they are. Though still it sounds very unrealistic to me such restrictions are caused by PS2 limitations, PS2 already can handle such huge game content with no problems.

YOU SWITCH 2 PS2 NOW.
None of you PC guys have that crazy kenyan guy sound in the beginning when you start up do ya(*** yeah I get excited as *** when I hear that when I start up)?

I can too! Its called turn on the opening video for play online! Thank god he's not using a vuvuzela though...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-02 17:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowwind said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Rihoko said:

YOU SWITCH 2 PS2 NOW.

I can too! Its called turn on the opening video for play online! Thank god he's not using a vuvuzela though...
I never knew that! I love hearing that though. It makes me ready to play FFXI.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-08-02 17:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called Final Fantasy XIV the game is 8year old the coding is old. The game is

A: Going to die in 2-3years becuase now ffxiv is SE main game.
B: Become 6$ or less a month.
C: Become a F2P game with not much update.

If i have to guess i would go with A the game is just too old. FFXIV having ps3 limitation with video card becuase you need 512MB and ps3 only have 256mb so they have to fix it and lower the setting for ps3. FFXIV is a ps3 port becuase ffxi is just too old and take them too long to port it too ps3 so better of just making a new game.

As long as SE go on making game for pc and ps3/xbox we hit a dead end.
 Cerberus.Juliusi
By Cerberus.Juliusi 2010-08-02 17:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

its not gonna be for 360 :( i gotta buy a ps3 now.. and halo 3 was the only reason i choose an xbox lol :)
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-08-02 17:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Juliusi said:
its not gonna be for 360 :( i gotta buy a ps3 now.. and halo 3 was the only reason i choose an xbox lol :)

Most ppl just buy the xbox for halo should just make it halo box ahah. But ya never coming out for Xbox by the look of it happy tho lol xbox would end up holing the game faster then ps3.

I build myself a good pc a year ago and i been playing Beta at 30fps only drop to 20-15 in town but that becuase ATI card not working 100%
 Cerberus.Juliusi
By Cerberus.Juliusi 2010-08-02 17:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

an xbox could hold its on for xiv. yea i cant afford to get a pc that can handle thses games haha.. but Halo and CoD was best games made
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-02 17:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Zenshiro said:
Cerberus.Juliusi said:

Most ppl just buy the xbox for halo should just make it halo box ahah. But ya never coming out for Xbox by the look of it happy tho lol xbox would end up holing the game faster then ps3.

I build myself a good pc a year ago and i been playing Beta at 30fps only drop to 20-15 in town but that becuase ATI card not working 100%
that is if they are even using the ps3 hardware to it's capabilities yet, still not so sure on that really.
The big problem is just the fact that Microsoft sucks when it comes to SE games :/
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-02 17:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Juliusi said:
an xbox could hold its on for xiv. yea i cant afford to get a pc that can handle thses games haha.. but Halo and CoD was best games made

yea, maybe now, just like when ffxi came out it was originally for ps2 and ran very well on it. now so many years later its what holds it back.

xbox is older than the ps3, so years down the line if xbox does get it, it would probably hold XIV back.
 Cerberus.Juliusi
By Cerberus.Juliusi 2010-08-02 17:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

na it prolly wouldnt. i cant picture the day when i see "we cant add auto translate because off the xbox limitations". haha

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-02 17:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called Final Fantasy XIV the game is 8year old the coding is old. The game is

If i have to guess i would go with A the game is just too old. FFXIV having ps3 limitation with video card becuase you need 512MB and ps3 only have 256mb so they have to fix it and lower the setting for ps3. FFXIV is a ps3 port becuase ffxi is just too old and take them too long to port it too ps3 so better of just making a new game.

^
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
In before FFXI limitations!
nope, yer not.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-02 17:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Juliusi said:
na it prolly wouldnt. i cant picture the day when i see "we cant add auto translate because off the xbox limitations". haha

You obviously don't know the xbox limitations as it is do you?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ezzi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Serey
By Ragnarok.Ezzi 2010-08-02 17:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There aren't as many limitations as you think, you may be limited by losing 10 inventory space but you can still do extremely well without it.

The PS2 cant hold graphics like the PC can, as much as you would love to wish that it could. It never will, outdated graphics cards etc. Get a PS3 or PC.

Now that both sides are understood here.
There is no point in ANYONE switching from PS2 to PC now. The game is old its just gonna be a waste of money.
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-08-02 17:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if they droped ps2 support tomorrow, it would cost too much money, to remake this game they way most of the people bitching wanted it to be remade, it is more money efficient to make a new game. and Voila we have Final Fantasy 14. Stop demanding them revamp Final Fantasy XI and either A. Stop Bitching and enjoy the game for what it is or B. Quit now and stop making pointless threads that are going to go nowhere especially since this same thread has been posted 100 times before you !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-02 17:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

^
In before FFXI limitations!
nope, yer not.

Alluding to FFXI limitations is not the same as saying it!
Alluding?
I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.
Just because it wasn't word for word doesn't mean it's already mentioned.
We are both just being contrary for the sake of it anyway lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Juliusi
By Cerberus.Juliusi 2010-08-02 17:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Behar said:
Even if they droped ps2 support tomorrow, it would cost too much money, to remake this game they way most of the people bitching wanted it to be remade, it is more money efficient to make a new game. and Voila we have Final Fantasy 14. Stop demanding them revamp Final Fantasy XI and either A. Stop Bitching and enjoy the game for what it is or B. Quit now and stop making pointless threads that are going to go nowhere especially since this same thread has been posted 100 times before you !

Its not his fault he "reposted this thread" some ppl got better things to do then camp threads or look for a thread already made.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-08-02 17:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I know they are they can't seem to wrap the heads around the fact that Square Enix is a BUISNESS ! They are not going to do anything that isn't going to make them money and dumping a ***ton of time effort and money into this game isn't going to be worth wile.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-08-02 17:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you use the storage issue,
400 slots for items isn't enough for you?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-02 17:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would SE bother trying to get around that? We have our storage limitations in game which causes us to make mules. More money for SE!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-08-02 17:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Juliusi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Behar said:

Its not his fault he "reposted this thread" some ppl got better things to do then camp threads or look for a thread already made.

Obviously the OP does camp threads because he is "sick of hearing ps2 limitations" if he didn't camp threads and forums he would never hear it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-08-02 17:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowwind said:
More money for SE!

DING DING DING We have a winner who finally gets the concept !
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-08-02 17:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
you use the storage issue,
400 slots for items isn't enough for you?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4