Forum » FFXI » General » Am I an idiot?
Am I an idiot?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-07-22 19:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I an idiot, or was the whm/sch on my Nyzul run correct in telling me that hmp gear doesn't matter? I mean, should I go sell all of mine since it doesn't matter? They said I was an idiot when I recommended they rest in more than just a dark staff.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-22 19:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

what?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-07-22 19:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1 word. Asura.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-22 20:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ASURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-07-22 20:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They used a dark staff, that's it. No cookies or anything else. I nicely suggested that they should get more resting gear and they told me what they had was fine and that it takes time to get the gear.

I understand it takes time to gather certain pieces, but there's non r/e stuff too.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-07-22 20:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm from pandy, I'm not Asura bred, thank god.
[+]
By Eurra 2010-07-22 20:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Am I an idiot?

Yes.

No, actually - I do not believe you are. I just thought it was funny.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-07-22 20:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Am I an idiot?

Yes
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-22 20:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark staff (9k), Anti-venom earring(50k), beak necklace(5k), Qiqirn sash(4k).

68k for a HMP of 14.

Take off the antivenom and you have 18k for a HMP of 13.

Not hard to get, and very useful.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-07-22 20:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Dark staff (9k), Anti-venom earring(50k), beak necklace(5k), Qiqirn sash(4k). 68k for a HMP of 14. Take off the antivenom and you have 18k for a HMP of 13. Not hard to get, and very useful.

Errant Houppelande for 20k and 5hmp.

They told me I was an idiot for suggesting hmp gear.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-22 20:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. I wouldn't take too much stock in what they say, I recently had an argument with someone in game who said mnk outperforms sam on birds lol.

uninformed people will remain to be uninformed.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-07-22 20:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't understand why a 'career whm,' as they called themselves, would refuse to get hmp gear. But they also came /sch and didn't use sublimation so I guess I shouldn't have expected much....
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-22 20:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Dark staff (9k), Anti-venom earring(50k), beak necklace(5k), Qiqirn sash(4k). 68k for a HMP of 14. Take off the antivenom and you have 18k for a HMP of 13. Not hard to get, and very useful.

Errant Houppelande for 20k and 5hmp.

They told me I was an idiot for suggesting hmp gear.

lol really?

Even my DRK has a "resting" gear set with regen,refresh, hhp and hmp too! (vampire cloak, parade gorget, Hierarch Belt, anti-venom earring, Amir boots etc.)

But for a "career mage" to call you an idiot for suggesting an hmp set...

Kids these days...

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-07-22 20:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

how about a ninja saying that eva+ gear is useless?

yeah I met someone like that someday during xp.... my tank.... birds... not pretty.

[+]
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-07-22 20:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

"It doesn't matter if you're an idiot!"
By sztoid 2010-07-22 20:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Am I an idiot, or was the whm/sch that didn't use sublimation correct in telling me that mp+ while resting gear doesn't matter? I mean, should I go sell all of mine since it doesn't matter?

I dont have HMP gear cuz i never really cared for it but not to use sublimation... I use sublimation then cast stoneskin b4 i rest if time permits
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-07-22 20:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We were in Nyzul, and ran out of time because they had no mp to cure us. 4 people died, and were dead for 5+ minutes because they couldn't raise with no mp. All the time we spent waiting for their magic, we could have been actually getting ***done.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-22 20:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said:
how about a ninja saying that eva+ gear is useless?

yeah I met someone like that someday during xp.... my tank.... birds... not pretty.

Well it is useless in exp parties.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-07-22 20:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

sztoid said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
Am I an idiot, or was the whm/sch that didn't use sublimation correct in telling me that mp+ while resting gear doesn't matter? I mean, should I go sell all of mine since it doesn't matter?

I dont have HMP gear cuz i never really cared for it but not to use sublimation... I use sublimation then cast stoneskin b4 i rest if time permits

See? Even this not so bright mage is better that the "career mage" in question.

Irrefutable proof you are not an idiot.
[+]
By sztoid 2010-07-22 20:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
We were in Nyzul, and ran out of time because they had no mp to cure us. 4 people died, and were dead for 5+ minutes because they couldn't raise with no mp. All the time we spent waiting for their magic, we could have been actually getting ***done.

yep never happened to me & he was an idiot. I start preparing the floor b4 by popping ethers & using the saved sublimation: complete. they must not have mused Penury with their cures. I got cure IV & V macro'd with Penury to reduce MP usuage, if I got a Stratagem, since imma be curing for the most part.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-07-22 20:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

this is the result of FoV and level sync.
[+]
By sztoid 2010-07-22 20:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
sztoid said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
See? Even this not so bright mage is better that the "career mage" in question. Irrefutable proof you are not an idiot.

is also an Idoit. WHM is my main
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-07-22 20:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sztoid said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
yep never happened to me & he was an idiot. I start preparing the floor b4 by popping ethers & using the saved sublimation: complete. they must not have mused Penury with their cures. I got cure IV & V macro'd with Penury to reduce MP usuage, if I got a Stratagem, since imma be curing for the most part.

Subbing sch was pointless for them because they didn't use any JA at all. Wtf is the point if you aren't going to actually do your job?
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-07-22 20:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
sztoid said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
See? Even this not so bright mage is better that the "career mage" in question. Irrefutable proof you are not an idiot.

^^
By sztoid 2010-07-22 20:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
sztoid said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
Subbing sch was pointless for them because they didn't use any JA at all. Wtf is the point if you aren't going to actually do your job?

exactly. might as well went /BLM
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-07-22 20:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Dark staff (9k), Anti-venom earring(50k), beak necklace(5k), Qiqirn sash(4k).

68k for a HMP of 14.

Take off the antivenom and you have 18k for a HMP of 13.

Not hard to get, and very useful.

there's also the lv 55 cobra unit hat that has hmp+1, and its only like 7k AN and a really low medal, so thats hMP+15/14
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-07-22 20:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

sztoid said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
sztoid said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
exactly. might as well went /BLM

They probably would have spent their time casting -aga spells on the mobs instead of curing lol
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-07-22 20:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread name

Making the jobs of trolls a cake walk
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-07-22 21:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm, question answered. ^^
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-07-22 21:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I use sublimation then cast stoneskin b4 i before I rest if time permits

derp derp I'm too lazy to spell out before but I'll spell out sublimation.

There's this cool stratagem called 'Celerity' it makes you cast 50% faster, you should totally give it a try since you know ... you NEED it or you can't rest with sublimation on.
[+]
First Page 2 3