Corsair Merits?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Corsair Merits?
Corsair Merits?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-11 07:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Yes bust doesn't affect the party, but why should you gimp yourself with it(it also affects the fact that you're forced to "play safe" on all rolls till it's on, otherwise you risk a double bust and that turns you into a waste of space).
Multiple buffs doesn't exist in reality. We're dds as well which means we have to do 3 at best(rogue and fighter are the only ones we don't keep on ourselves when shooting). If not you need to reorganize your party formation better.
Dynamis probably means you're meleeing with /dnc, which means you're doing the exact same thing as everyone else.
Last but not least, it takes 2-10 bloody seconds to put on a roll!

There are situations when COR isn't needed for DD, I don't see what's wrong to carry a bust effect then. Of course if you're in VW(where COR is considered a DD) then it's not a good idea.

Why limited the amount of buffs you can do when you totally can do 2x amount of buff works. I often buff BLM pt AND melee pt in B.rex run. Just go to BLM pt buff wizards, disband and come back to melee pt and do TP roll x2. It doesn't stop me from DDing at all, and roll in BLM pt can often last all the way until the end of fight unless mass death happened. In zerg fight events like ADL or AV, it is entirely possible to buff every DD with just 1 COR, so why bring 2?

And yes, it takes 2~10 secs to put on a roll, and 2~10 sec can WS twice in VW with 4k~9k dmg.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-11 07:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In VW 1 minute duration will hardly make a difference. As I said, if battle is long due to difficulty or mass derp then they need to be redone either way. If battle lasts 5 minutes or 6 it's trivial. Could last 7 too.

Quote:
There are situations when COR isn't needed for DD
In which case the additional duration is even more pointless since you're doing nothing but that.

Anyway ours is a meaningless argument, doesn't seem like any of us is going to change her mind.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-11 07:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

In VW 1 minute duration will hardly make a difference. As I said, if battle is long due to difficulty or mass derp then they need to be redone either way. If battle lasts 5 minutes or 6 it's trivial. Could last 7 too.

Quote:
There are situations when COR isn't needed for DD
In which case the additional duration is even more pointless since you're doing nothing but that.

Except when you land a No.11, everyone gets longer No.11, and when you land a bad number, you can get rid of it by rotating away from others. So in the end ppl still gets better buff.

Anyway ours is a meaningless argument, doesn't seem like any of us is going to change her mind.

I agree with that, this argument existed for so long and I already know that no one will be convinced, just do w/e you like and be happy ;p