Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-07 18:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Alexander.Aikido said:
spankyy said:
well just got a package deal for everything for 60m so ty for the trolls helping me keep the thread alive

What is the package deal for 60 mil??

Something he doesn't deserve ^^

He's paying for it so he deserves it. QQ less.

Elitism for the win?

Why is buying an item so strange? If you buy an item you can't get from your LS because you don't do the event/HNM/NM it drops from, who gives a ***? You take the time to make the money, find a buyer and wait for it to drop. I'd say you're just as worthy as anyone else.
 Alexander.Aikido
Server: Alexander
user: Aikido
By Alexander.Aikido 2010-07-07 18:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

IF i could I would buy everything. Gil isn't easy to make as it is buying it for real money
By Zekko 2010-07-07 18:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Alexander.Aikido said:
spankyy said:
well just got a package deal for everything for 60m so ty for the trolls helping me keep the thread alive

Elitism for the win?

Buying items is elitest? lolwut
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-07 18:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Alexander.Aikido said:
spankyy said:

Elitism for the win?

Why is buying an item so strange? If you buy an item you can't get from your LS because you don't do the event/HNM/NM it drops from, who gives a ***? You take the time to make the money, find a buyer and wait for it to drop. I'd say you're just as worthy as anyone else.

Mmmm so you're saying someone who bought an account, max amount of gil. AB'd all jobs to 75-80, rebought max gil... Then went to merc items event ls's have for "sale"... That it's perfectly fine?

Edit:

No, Buying item's isn't elitist, I wasn't aiming the elitism comment at buying items, aiming at the QQ more part of the quoted person.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-07-07 18:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ridill sucks enjoy your waste of gil :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-07-07 18:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, how do you know he bought his account?
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-07 18:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

I'm not saying he did, I'm bringing up an example...
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-07-07 18:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Alexander.Aikido said:
spankyy said:
Elitism for the win?
Mmmm so you're saying someone who bought an account, max amount of gil. AB'd all jobs to 75-80, rebought max gil... Then went to merc items event ls's have for "sale"... That it's perfectly fine? Edit: No, Buying item's isn't elitist, I wasn't aiming the elitism comment at buying items, aiming at the QQ more part of the quoted person.
I can't figure out why you care..most HNM ls with only sell if A) the Price is right and members are ok with it. Or B) there is no one else that really wants that item(s) and would gladly take gil over something they don't really need/want.

Just cuz you want to buy gear in no way makes you lazy or undiserving..it might be the only way to obtain that item..

Speaking of that Aurum Body [can I have it??] [Sell?] [Please assist]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-07-07 18:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk how that relates to spankky but kk
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-07 18:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Alexander.Aikido said:
spankyy said:

Elitism for the win?

lolmorelikeretardswithgilamirite.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-07-07 18:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is this hate coming from lol he just wants to buy gear..
By Zekko 2010-07-07 18:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Zekko said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Alexander.Aikido said:
spankyy said:

Elitism for the win?

lolmorelikeretardswithgilamirite.

loliduno
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-07 18:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Where is this hate coming from lol he just wants to buy gear..[/u]

People like me feel that he's trying to buy gear that maybe he doesn't deserve . . .
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-07 18:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

I believe that's called a "strawman argument".
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-07 18:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

Strawmans are the only way to debate. Logic is gay.
[+]
 Cerberus.Robmelee
Server: Cerberus
user: Robmelee
By Cerberus.Robmelee 2010-07-07 18:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
People like you disgust me... "Why bother working for something if you can just buy it"... Lazy ***, this game isn't built so you can get ***easy by putting gil where your mouth is. If you want to jump servers with crap load of cash, take that ***to WoW where it belongs.
This might be the most fail thing I've ever seen anyone say on here. You realize almost everything on this game is bought with gil right? Unless you go craft everything you use from scratch. I don't see why its absurd to buy items with your own gil. If you are refering to this game as a series of accomplishments that are being bought then you are in for a rude awakening about MMOs in general.
Maybe you're not getting my point. What I'm saying is EVENT strictly. Merc'ing items puts people who have been working hard to get this said item in an event/egls who might have been waiting a really long time to have to wait a bit longer, and what do they get out of this? Nothing. They get shorted because the LS leader/high ranking members are getting a little extra gil pay-out from letting the person merc said item before the member of the ls.
You assume people in the LS mercing the item actually need said item and/or are not okay with a gil split in return for getting the item later.
Sorry for Trolling, that wasn't my intent, although successful, but still. Some ls leaders would care less about their members, and would put anyone behind them for a little jingle in their moggiebags.

At the end of the day everyone on this game is shady and out for themselves. Some people are more upfront about it than others. I believe its an individual responsibility not to be in a situation where you're getting ***. Its your fault if you join a LS that is doing shady ***. I've had friends sit in a shell where the leader built 4 relics 1 mythic in two years while leading. Obviously it was shady as *** but they are the ones who were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for letting it happen.

When it comes to HNM/Endgame Linkshells... I find it absolutely amazing how most people serve the Leadership and don't even realize it. In most of these situations, members of these type of shells will only get little to almost nothing for what they put into it. Think about it, the average so-call "loyal" member may put in 25-40 hours a week into camping HNMs for the shell, and in a months time still don't get rewarded with a major item. Because the Leadership still does not feel said member is worthy for lets say a Ridll or A-Body Abj or E-Body Abj or whatever. Personally i never did like shells where Sacks call drops on everything. You can't tell me there is no favortism going on there. LOL! Don't bother.

Only system that's left that is fair, and even the Leadership can't manipulate too much is a Public Point System which is readily available on the LS website, NOT held by Sacks in secret (that's updated regularly - at least 3 times a week).

I will say this, I think the Leadership deserves at best, an additional 25% (of whatever) for the efforts of helping running the shell/event. But for the Leadership to think its our shell we started and we think we she should get everything as we see fit. Its absolutely crazy, and the members that buy into it are obviously HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or on the "favored" end of the stick where the sacks like them alot so they get called for more loot whether thay make events or not.

Its just amazingly funny hearing people's stories of getting screwed over drops from there LS, when they knew full well where there Leadership was on *** from the start.

Excelior said it best in so many words, know what U are getting yourself into, and don't complain when you are seeing things are going in a direction you don't agree with, just Leave Linkshell and call it a day.

I will note there are some Linkshells on this server that actually are all about the members and the Leaders do everything as Fair as possible, and its not about themselves, its literally about the shell as a whole. The rarity of finding such a fair/legit endgame/HNM LS is about the same drop rate of getting a Swift Belt with TH4 so happy LS huntings. ^^

I'm not hating on any major shell that's out there, if you are a Leader that managed to successfully get lots of members stupid of enough to obey U, make U rich so u can get your Relic and dip, good for you, because U obviously mastered the art of manipulation.

If your Linkshell is fair and legitimate and its NOT about the Leadership, please disregard my entire comment, its meant for Shady Manipulative Leaders/Sacks.

Peace!

Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-07 19:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

ur gay and ur wrong LOLOLOL
Robmelee said:
Only system that's left that is fair, and even the Leadership can't manipulate too much is a Public Point System which is readily available on the LS website, NOT held by Sacks in secret (that's updated regularly - at least 3 times a week).
Even this system can be unfair if poorly designed - highly exploitable point systems and systems that unreasonably favor old members come to mind. The ideal system in the end is a benevolent dictatorship, but inevitable human bias means that what is ideal in conception is often one of the worst systems in reality.
 Fenrir.Necrids
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2010-07-07 19:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

People like me feel that he's trying to buy gear that maybe he doesn't deserve . . .
i dont mean to be bashful or anything but who are u to say that someone doesnt deserve something. unless u know the person and know his circumstances u cant really say that he does or does not deserve to have something.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-07 19:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Robmelee said:
TL;DR

Your face looks like excelior's model and exc is gay, therefore by default you are gay and I did not read your wall of text. Short troll sentences or gtfo.
[+]
By spankyy 2010-07-07 19:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

LMAO newest update from SE

ITS A *** VIDEO GAME DUMBASS HOW CAN YOU DESERVE A VIRTUAL PIECE OF EQUIPMENT?

lol try this though really cool thing put keyboard away walk out door look around that is called real life lol some of us would rather do things the smart and easy way rather than the imaaddictedtoavideogamecantgetlaidlife

sad part is you probably looked at that enough to break it down as you are what it says
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-07 19:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

It's the fact that he's trying to shove stupidly high amounts of gil for items that he may not deserve and that the people that actually put the time in to get the item drop should be the ones that get it rather then some dumb ***who has too much gil (guess what I've said before is true, the more gil you have, the more stupid and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE you are)
 Phoenix.Milotheshort
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Milotheshort 2010-07-07 19:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Robmelee said:
TL;DR

Your face looks like excelior's model and exc is gay, therefore by default you are gay and I did not read your wall of text. Short troll sentences or gtfo.

You sir, have trolled with mastery. I doff my hat to you.
 Cerberus.Robmelee
user: Robmelee
By Cerberus.Robmelee 2010-07-07 19:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

ur gay and ur wrong LOLOLOL
Robmelee said:
Even this system can be unfair if poorly designed - highly exploitable point systems and systems that unreasonably favor old members come to mind. The ideal system in the end is a benevolent dictatorship, but inevitable human bias means that what is ideal in conception is often one of the worst systems in reality.

Of course! Point Systems are by no means perfect and can suck even more than Sacks calling drops if the system is not carefully crafted. In regards to the comment of old players having an advantage over low time or new players. A way to remedy that situation can be, Points are capped off at a certain point, which will require spending them more often. That's just one example and one idea. In the end no system is perfect. All i care about is this... Is the shell I am in truly about everyone or just the Leader getting rich so he can get a Relic. Count me in if its about everyone! ^^
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-07 19:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

It's the fact that he's trying to shove stupidly high amounts of gil for items that he may not deserve and that the people that actually put the time in to get the item drop should be the ones that get it rather then some dumb ***who has too much gil (guess what I've said before is true, the more gil you have, the more stupid and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE you are)

Pretty much only linkshells that are capped on said item or feel that the money is worth more to them than the item (with LS members agreeing) sell items.
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-07 20:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

my 2 cents, its his account and gil and his 12.95 a month so you really have no place to tell him how to spend it. If you work 7 days a week 8 to 5 like myself its really hard to commit to an EG ls unfortunately and most ls's that I know of only merc gear that everyone in the ls already has/doesnt want. apologize if this has been mentioned just reiterating a point.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-07-07 21:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
If you want to talk about who deserves what, talkto the ls not the buyer. The ls chooses who gets what and if they have enough points for it. Spankky just put an offer up and thats it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-07-07 21:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how everybody with gil automaticly is a gilbuyer or a thief.
Everything on the AH etc is bought with gil, wth is wrong with paying gil for rare\ex drops?
Same thing, you just gotta show up for it at the right time.

@OP
Excellence on cerb will sell you whatever you need.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-07-07 22:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People who *** about buying gear a just jealous they can't trollin.