Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 17:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Spankyy said:
here we go this is the one to slam the pm to please as always ty night

Conker avatar, reminds me of Nintendo 64's Conker's Bad Fur day.. That game was hilarious xD
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2010-07-07 17:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent like 2 weeks in his LS "Humble" last year. I know that LS broke soon after that. We claimed a few HNMs and everything went into the "bank", and I think two people got black belts. I only heard of a few people getting anything from this bank. He also led a FFA dynamis LS, sponsored every run and he collected all the coins and wootz ores from that. Spankyy does have a completed or nearly completed Excalibur. He has two accounts, Spankyy and Anabolicgerbil both from Fenrir. Spankyy has really high Smithing, probably 100, and both accounts have 100 fishing and are almost constantly fishing. He sells alot of Liks/Gugrus and apparently he's a great multitasker and doesn't sleep. He's 75+RDM and WHM, and Anabolicgerbil is 75+MNK.

looks like he sold everything from his second acount a while ago:
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1545230

He probably wanted to steal a big LS bank but I don't think that LS lasted long enough to build one up, so he resorted to fish botting. That's just my opinion.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-07 17:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caladbolg said:
I spent like 2 weeks in his LS "Humble" last year. I know that LS broke soon after that. We claimed a few HNMs and everything went into the "bank", and I think two people got black belts. I only heard of a few people getting anything from this bank. He also led a FFA dynamis LS, sponsored every run and he collected all the coins and wootz ores from that. Spankyy does have a completed or nearly completed Excalibur. He has two accounts, Spankyy and Anabolicgerbil both from Fenrir. Spankyy has really high Smithing, probably 100, and both accounts have 100 fishing and are almost constantly fishing. He sells alot of Liks/Gugrus and apparently he's a great multitasker and doesn't sleep. He's 75 RDM and WHM, and Anabolicgerbil is 75 MNK.

He probably wanted to steal a big LS bank but I don't think that LS lasted long enough to build one up, so he resorted to fish botting. That's just my opinion.

Botting fish or actually fishing them is the same type of gil imo. Unless he stole a ls bank I don't see an issue with him. Sounded like you said he stole a ls bank then at the end took it back? Pick one. >_>
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-07 17:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

People like you disgust me... "Why bother working for something if you can just buy it"... Lazy ***, this game isn't built so you can get ***easy by putting gil where your mouth is. If you want to jump servers with crap load of cash, take that ***to WoW where it belongs.

NIN Edit:

You can't buy skill with gil.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-07 17:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
People like you disgust me... "Why bother working for something if you can just buy it"... Lazy ***, this game isn't built so you can get ***easy by putting gil where your mouth is. If you want to jump servers with crap load of cash, take that ***to WoW where it belongs.

Why would you waste time earning points/competing with freelotters for just 1-2 items from an event when you have gil? Do your own thing with friends, buy items that fall outside your events of choice, everyone wins.
Quote:
What does that have to do with anything?
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-07 17:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This might be the most fail thing I've ever seen anyone say on here. You realize almost everything on this game is bought with gil right? Unless you go craft everything you use from scratch. I don't see why its absurd to buy items with your own gil. If you are refering to this game as a series of accomplishments that are being bought then you are in for a rude awakening about MMOs in general.

btw the people who make the skill > gear argument are generally people who have neither. Play the game, learn as you go, you will become skillful. You dont need a PHD to play ffxi. You arent sending a space crew into orbit to repair the international space station. Its ffxi.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-07 17:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Why would you waste time earning points/competing with freelotters for just 1-2 items from an event when you have gil? Do your own thing with friends, buy items that fall outside your events of choice, everyone wins.

No one wins. The people that play the events trying to EARN something the way that SE intended are getting cheated out because someone has enough GIL to put you out of line for a while.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-07 17:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, so you're trolling. Carry on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-07 17:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Spankyy was a weird dude, but not a bad guy, and if anything you can ask him, we didn't see eye to eye really. All in all he earned his gil legit though, didn't steal a bank to my knowledge, just fish botted on 3 accounts? Had multiple 100+ fishing accounts. As far as time to earn points and such, he had a wife and such, didn't really have time to commit to endgame so really don't blame him for wanting to spend gil he earned. All that being sad, hes still a cripple :(
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-07 17:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN Edit:

You'll find in endgame that the game doesn't suddenly drop an item at your feet after you've "earned" it. People can work for years and never get an item. I could in theory attend all runs for a linkshell and build points for four years to try to get WLegs from Kirin only to have them never drop. Linkshell breaks and I'm again miles away from WLegs. Would you then argue I haven't earned them?

Of course I can't speak for his situation but I would hesitate to label someone as lazy. Furthermore, time is money. Time spent without those items is opportunity cost. I am likely to get WLegs one day if I work hard for them but I will have huge competition. Would I pay gil for them if someone offered? Yes. Does this make me lazy? I don't think so - just practical. Time spent without them (and other drops) is opportunity cost.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-07 17:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

No one wins. The people that play the events trying to EARN something the way that SE intended are getting cheated out because someone has enough GIL to put you out of line for a while.

Most linkshells only sell items when they are CAPPED.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-07 17:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:

This might be the most fail thing I've ever seen anyone say on here. You realize almost everything on this game is bought with gil right? Unless you go craft everything you use from scratch. I don't see why its absurd to buy items with your own gil. If you are refering to this game as a series of accomplishments that are being bought then you are in for a rude awakening about MMOs in general.

Maybe you're not getting my point. What I'm saying is EVENT strictly. Merc'ing items puts people who have been working hard to get this said item in an event/egls who might have been waiting a really long time to have to wait a bit longer, and what do they get out of this? Nothing. They get shorted because the LS leader/high ranking members are getting a little extra gil pay-out from letting the person merc said item before the member of the ls.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-07 17:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN Edit:

I'm 50% sure the dude did something wrong, but no this game wasn't just made for ppl to camp something for 200+ hours on end, because the players evolve the meta game and not all of the players want to do that. Some would rather farm gil and buy them from those alliances that do. They "earn" it by farming that gil just as much as farming straight for hours a day as you do by being in an alliance afking 203/210mins of a camp. If anything they did more work tbh.

Now i'm not saying this dude farmed or earned his gil, all i'm saying is, assuming he did it the right way, there's nothing wrong with him buying ***. If you don't agree then you don't sell it to him. Someone else who isn't a retard will.

SE made these horrible NMs knowing ppl would camp them like this, but they don't decide ***, the players do. All SE can do is toy with our abilities and we adjust to them and play how we want still.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-07 17:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:

Maybe you're not getting my point. What I'm saying is EVENT strictly. Merc'ing items puts people who have been working hard to get this said item in an event/egls who might have been waiting a really long time to have to wait a bit longer, and what do they get out of this? Nothing. They get shorted because the LS leader/high ranking members are getting a little extra gil pay-out from letting the person merc said item before the member of the ls.
You assume people in the LS mercing the item actually need said item and/or are not okay with a gil split in return for getting the item later.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-07 17:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if members are being *** over by their LS leader's greed then one of two things is happening:

1. The LS leader is shady and you should leave his LS.

2. They didnt read the rules and deserve to be *** over.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-07 17:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:

You assume people in the LS mercing the item actually need said item and/or are not okay with a gil split in return for getting the item later.

Sorry for Trolling, that wasn't my intent, although successful, but still. Some ls leaders would care less about their members, and would put anyone behind them for a little jingle in their moggiebags.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-07-07 17:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH T.T

Most LS leaders are greedy, why do you think they started one in the first place?
[+]
By spankyy 2010-07-07 17:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caladbolg said:
I spent like 2 weeks in his LS "Humble" last year. I know that LS broke soon after that. We claimed a few HNMs and everything went into the "bank", and I think two people got black belts. I only heard of a few people getting anything from this bank. He also led a FFA dynamis LS, sponsored every run and he collected all the coins and wootz ores from that. Spankyy does have a completed or nearly completed Excalibur. He has two accounts, Spankyy and Anabolicgerbil both from Fenrir. Spankyy has really high Smithing, probably 100, and both accounts have 100 fishing and are almost constantly fishing. He sells alot of Liks/Gugrus and apparently he's a great multitasker and doesn't sleep. He's 75 RDM and WHM, and Anabolicgerbil is 75 MNK.

LMAO so guess i will reply to this joke being this person has as much creditability as riousan/feiwong.

Your a joke the ls you made was a joke your a joke in rl and your butt smells. I mean seriously blah blah blah blah i am here your there blah blah you mirror has streaks and mine doesnt. seriously dude who gives a f**K!

Your fail that is why you lasted in the ls 2 weeks. Yes we killed hnms yes money drops went to bank yes people did get stuff thanks for showing everyone all that! lol yes i fish and craft and yes i have lvl 75 chars (actually now 80 and i smner burned as well ....please troll on that as well)
yes i ran humble paid for vent website everything off game for the ls out of my own pocket so yes i recouped more gil when the ls quit wouldnt you do the same? hell the ls was decent until we let stupid F**Ks in like you which is why i eventually said enough is enough i am tired of the drama.

As far as the thing someone said gil doesnt buy skill very good captain obvious was my post saying HEY Skill can i have it reward GIl? So please go back to your corner and shush and let the big boys do the talking.

Anyways ty for helping me out cause all the trolling is keeping the thread alive and peeps in real shells are pm'ing me lol.

TROLL AWAY LOL

ME<~~~~Noob with Gil
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-07 17:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Well if members are being *** over by their LS leader's greed then one of two things is happening:

To my knowledge, my Ls Leader isn't shady, and that I know of we don't merc gear. I'm just saying that it's wrong to allow someone who they don't know to buy an item. Pretty much promoting to people that buying high-end items can make them look pro, even if they have no idea what the first thing about it makes it so valuable.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-07 17:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Sorry for Trolling, that wasn't my intent, although successful, but still. Some ls leaders would care less about their members, and would put anyone behind them for a little jingle in their moggiebags.

At the end of the day everyone on this game is shady and out for themselves. Some people are more upfront about it than others. I believe its an individual responsibility not to be in a situation where you're getting ***. Its your fault if you join a LS that is doing shady ***. I've had friends sit in a shell where the leader built 4 relics +1 mythic in two years while leading. Obviously it was shady as *** but they are the ones who were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for letting it happen.
By spankyy 2010-07-07 17:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Spankyy was a weird dude, but not a bad guy, and if anything you can ask him, we didn't see eye to eye really. All in all he earned his gil legit though, didn't steal a bank to my knowledge, just fish botted on 3 accounts? Had multiple 100 fishing accounts. As far as time to earn points and such, he had a wife and such, didn't really have time to commit to endgame so really don't blame him for wanting to spend gil he earned. All that being sad, hes still a cripple :(
YOU RULE MANKEY!! lol

hobbles back to bed lol
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 17:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:

Something similar to this happened in Caitsith awhile ago.. The LS leader allowed someone from outside shell to buy a Love Torque when there was still 10+ members in line for the item >_< This is old drama though, but I'm sure it still happens.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 17:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH T.T

Most LS leaders are greedy, why do you think they started one in the first place?

QFT
 Phoenix.Milotheshort
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Milotheshort 2010-07-07 17:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

spankyy said:
ME<~~~~Noob with Gil

If I'm not mistaken it appears that by your own admission you eat *** from n00bs O.o
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-07 17:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Which ls screwed you over?
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-07 17:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:

To my knowledge, my Ls Leader isn't shady, and that I know of we don't merc gear. I'm just saying that it's wrong to allow someone who they don't know to buy an item. Pretty much promoting to people that buying high-end items can make them look pro, even if they have no idea what the first thing about it makes it so valuable.

So it's ok if you know the person ur mercing to though? I see...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.