LOL360
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-25 13:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101640-Final-Fantasy-XIV-Not-Coming-to-360s-Because-of-Xbox-Live

SE said:
Square-Enix didn't plan to keep Final Fantasy XIV off the Xbox 360, but problems with Xbox Live's "closed" nature ultimately led to this decision.

Final Fantasy XIV is going to be a bit different from Square-Enix's last MMOG because it's going to be exclusive to PCs and PS3s. This has raised a few eyebrows in the videogame industry, seeing as how Final Fantasy XI was one of the few Xbox 360-friendly MMOGs. However, Square-Enix has explained that it wanted to release the upcoming game for Microsoft's console, but decided against it because of the "closed" nature of Xbox Live.

Speaking to Eurogamer at E3, Final Fantasy XIV's director Hiromichi Tanaka explained that Square-Enix chose to forego an Xbox 360 version of the game because of problems encountered with Xbox Live.

"The main reason why we couldn't go with Xbox 360 was the Xbox Live system," he stated. "[Live is] different to the normal internet environment, so when we wanted to introduce this game in the same environment as Windows PC it had to be PS3, so that was our choice.

"Microsoft has a different point of view: they want to have a closed environment for Xbox Live. We're still talking to ... We couldn't come to an agreement on Xbox Live."

Yoichi Wada, president and CEO of Square-Enix, confirmed this stance when he spoke to Eurogamer's sister site, GamesIndustry.biz. Wada stated he would like to see Microsoft implement a network for third-party developers that would allow them to "freely design different business schemes."

This isn't the first time Microsoft has lost out on a major MMOG for its console. Champions Online was originally set to launch for both PCs and 360s, but the console build was delayed numerous times before it was confirmed as canceled by Cryptic Studios.

"Microsoft's a big company, and they have to work out all the various issues related to MMOs," Cryptic's COO Jack Emmert said when he was asked about the situation a few months ago. "It just takes time for the big beast known as Microsoft to get moving. I really have no explanation other than that, because it's as baffling to developers as it is to everyone else."

MMOGs are big business, and one would think that Microsoft would want to get in on that action as much as posible. Perhaps Microsoft should rethink the way Xbox Live works, seeing as how its inflexibility lost it something as potentially profitable as Final Fantasy XIV.

Source: Eurogamer
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-25 13:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

<_< That means quite a few people around here will either be upgrading their PC's or swallowing their pride and getting a PS3.. Lol.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-25 13:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

haha! i have an xbox. but this is a nice stab to mr. microsoft and his money hording xbox live not being so "open" maybe he will learn on the next gen console or heck if where lucky, make the current xbox live we know today less strenuous and free for everyone who already dished out the $$$ for a non functional gaming console...
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-25 13:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For once, you made a thread that I actually like Stan. Good job.

And in regards to the 360, I'm glad 14 isn't coming to it. There is no way in hell that a 360 could support those graphics. My PC already falls behind enough in regards to the graphics, and I don't want to see any excuses based on the limitations of a specific console. You all know the Xblock would be the first to limit this game.

I own an Xbox and not a PS3, so I'm not biased here.
By Zekko 2010-06-25 13:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow gj you made 2 horrible threads within an hour. GO YOU!
Also /care if people really want to play FFXIV they will buy a PS3 or upgrade their PC.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-25 13:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Also /care if people really want to play FFXIV they will buy a PS3 or upgrade their PC.

QQ

A thread where Stan doesn't say much himself is a good thread. I hate cryptic English.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-25 13:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:

And in regards to the 360, I'm glad 14 isn't coming to it. There is no way in hell that a 360 could support those graphics. My PC already falls behind enough in regards to the graphics, and I don't want to see any excuses based on the limitations of a specific console. You all know the Xblock would be the first to limit this game.

>.>
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-25 13:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I now have to spend a couple of hundred pounds so my fiance can play FFXIV with me ; ;
It will probably be the only game he plays on it.

He currently plays on the 360 and I play on PC.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-25 13:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:

Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-25 13:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
I made two horrible threads?

this was the first thread I made today, I never make threads. Come out from hiding sock puppet... who is you?

LOL360
[+]
By Zekko 2010-06-25 13:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:

I hate the PS3 but i still agree it would be better not coming out on the xbox. But still the 360 haters(like OP) fail. A more appropriate thread title would have been:
"FFXIV not to be released for the 360"
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-25 13:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

I hate the PS3 but i still agree it would be better not coming out on the xbox. But still the 360 haters(like OP) fail. A more appropriate thread title would have been:

LOL360
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-25 13:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I do own both consoles myself and although it is kinda stupid they're not releasing it for xbox considering the amount of people on it, you've got to be stupid to want to play it on xbox.

I promised myself it would be the last xbox I'd own due to obvious reliability issues.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-25 13:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

PS3 ordered as i write. don't wanna play a 10 frames per second adventure.
just have to buy it then.
By Zekko 2010-06-25 13:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Zekko said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

LOL360

What a well educated opinion you have! Enjoyed playing games on your PS3 lately? All 3 of them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-06-25 13:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems by reading that, that the only reason 360 isn't getting it is because they are a bunch of greedy ***.

I wholeheartedly agree with what they said, either Live needs to cut the *** and let people do ***for free, or suck it up and stop bitching.
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-06-25 14:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
either Live needs to cut the *** and let people do ***for free, or suck it up and stop bitching.

Is Microsoft capable of either?
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-25 14:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming Ipod games console, Steve Jobs : Yes we can!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hisagi
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-06-25 14:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What a well educated opinion you have! Enjoyed playing games on your PS3 lately? All 3 of them.
[/quote]

Didnt know PS3 had that many games.
Zekko said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Zekko said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

LOL360

3? that many?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-06-25 14:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Slytribal said:
either Live needs to cut the *** and let people do ***for free, or suck it up and stop bitching.

Is Microsoft capable of either?

In all my years of dealing with microsfot, short answer: No.

I would like to believe that they could perhaps learn that not every single little thing needs to have some price tag tacked onto it to make it seem like a viable thing to invest in.

Don't get me started on their so called games or shall we call them "Shamelessly reusing the same idea with new models"

I've owned a 360, played on it and used it for quite awhile, I only recently sold it maybe 2 years ago to get a PS3 because I finally realized that the potential that I thought the 360 was, was pretty much smoke and mirrors.

I've been happy with my PS3 since I got it, I'm not gonna say that I don't regret selling my 360 at times, because somewhat I do, I lost a few friends that I really can't get in touch with anymore, but I guess I will just have to make do until I can get enough money to perhaps get a new 360 (or by then whatever "new" console they may be thinking of shoving down our throats)
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-25 14:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Incoming Ipod games console, Steve Jobs : Yes we can!

Oh, but don't hold the bottom of the controller at all, because it'll interrupt the reception between the console and the controller.

Steve Jobs: You're holding it wrong!

*** the new iPhone.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-25 14:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Zekko said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

LOL360

hmmm i have not played games on ps3, or 360. Pc yes... ps3 I do have. 360 used been around but never played any personal games. My point, ps3 has a lot of games, so does wii.

Your 360 is a can off fried *** ***, than I use to whip my *** in the morning. It was trash and will always be trash.

LOL)L360
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-25 14:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:

Zekko said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Zekko said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

LOL360

3? that many?[/quote]

ps3 has more than 3 games, he is butt hurt.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-25 14:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

until I can get enough money to perhaps get a new 360 (or by then whatever "new" console they may be thinking of shoving down our throats)

The new "360 Slim" is actually a decent console so far... Roommate has it. I'm just waiting to find out if it has a RROD problem like the original before I upgrade.
By Zekko 2010-06-25 14:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:

I enjoy watching Bluray movies too! :D

No but seriously, as an Xbox360 and PS3 owner, I'm more happy about it being on PS3 simply by hardware standards.

Lolfankids

I have both also. I don't even touch my PS3 because it has no games on it that i actually want to play. I go to the PS3 section in the store and i'm instantly put off by what it has to offer. I havent touched my xbox in a while either since i use my PC for gaming, but until FFXIV my PS3 is gathering dust.

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
hmmm i have not played games on ps3, or 360. Pc yes... ps3 I do have. 360 used been around but never played any personal games. My point, ps3 has a lot of games, so does wii.

Your 360 is a can off fried *** ***, than I use to whip my *** in the morning. It was trash and will always be trash.

LOL)L360

Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-25 14:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Zekko said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Zekko said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

LOL360

No but seriously, as an Xbox360 and PS3 owner, I'm more happy about it being on PS3 simply by hardware standards.

Lolfankids

I never been a fankid, ignore that sack of trash. True gamers do not act like that. :( what has happened to my gaming era... newb shits thinking they know it all;;
 Bismarck.Hisagi
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-06-25 14:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

Zekko said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Zekko said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

LOL360

3? that many?

ps3 has more than 3 games, he is butt hurt.[/quote]
lolz shitty games? ps3 is bad just like his net.No wonder is free.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-06-25 14:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
until I can get enough money to perhaps get a new 360 (or by then whatever "new" console they may be thinking of shoving down our throats)

The new "360 Slim" is actually a decent console so far... Roommate has it. I'm just waiting to find out if it has a RROD problem like the original before I upgrade.

Ironically they seemed to have actually put a failsafe in this time around (this doesn't mean that it won't ultimately fail, as I know it probably will in time, as any console will)

Supposedly what it does is if it sees that there is a problem it will shut itself off before any damage is done, now if this is true or not, I do not know.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-25 14:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:

Lolfankids

I have both also. I don't even touch my PS3 because it has no games on it that i actually want to play. I go to the PS3 section in the store and i'm instantly put off by what it has to offer. I havent touched my xbox in a while either since i use my PC for gaming, but until FFXIV my PS3 is gathering dust.

Bahamut.Stanflame said:

LOL)L360

This is probably Dubont on a sock puppet.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6