Obsolete Gear And Gear Still The Best?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » obsolete gear and gear still the best?
obsolete gear and gear still the best?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 11:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

the point gear isn't trash either :/ look it up if you haven't.

and it's also not alternative gear to existing ones, it has quite replaced some of the good gear... You seriously need to check the update more clearly.

the point gear must be fairly easy to get, still not an excuse to call it trash.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 11:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm out for the afternoon!
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-22 11:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
the point gear must be fairly easy to get, still not an excuse to call it trash.

It's not easy to get either, well depending on how harcore you are. 5k point when mobs drop from 20 pts (solo, weak mobs) to 300 (chests, with alliance and on harder mobs), considering you are limited to 30 minutes per day, and point are used for a very wide different things including teleporting around.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 14:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Its still easy to get just time based. And i told you people will find more efficient ways to get points
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 15:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vacuum said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sorry if it seems like I was missing the point, I'm a bit ditzy - Raizen plays on 360? lol.
oh btw you are beautiful...
Thanks!
o.o
LoL I wasn't really sure what else to say. People are always hitting on me/making perverted lines for me on here lately >.> I appreciate the compliment though =p
Your nose looks funny and you should feel bad about it!!!

That easier to deal with?

I know! I've been considering surgery. Do you recommend?

Is this a topic about gear or your nose? PM button for that ***.
shut up
Quote:
I correct my statement about full usu on monk. It's now beaten with a decent margin (~5%) with mix&match. So only defending ring and relic weapons are left from the now prehistoric FFXI era.

pimpchan shut up it is not prehistoric, everything is intact and has used, go away you fail.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 15:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
what the ***? this guy is saying the other areas are obsolete, are you *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? seriously?

Relic isnt obsolete, and areas are less likely obsolete, also read a manual, the new abyssea content is just a small event not a new XP area you idiot.

and are you still talking about those swift belts lol?

here's something for you
My friend just /telled me she soloed her swift belt and got it about now.

:) now shut the *** up and stop bringing everyone's IQ to your level, that being 1.
pot/kettle/black

pot/kettle/black to you? if she is dumb you are just as dumb
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 15:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
the new abyssea content is just a small event not a new XP area you idiot.

Don't think you are reading what people reported from the zone. Someone managed to solo 2 mobs in 30 minutes. At 30 points per run, you need 100 run to get one of the buyable gear (that are trash)

you seriously need to check the abyssea gear if your saying it's trash we have nothing to discuss about it, even you are saying the old gear is obsolete, well for your *** information, some of the abyssea gear is better than the old one.

and people just reporting what they found out of curiosity, eventually we will get a clear report on how the event is done and what better rewards actually come from it.

and didnt you just say the old areas are obsolete to xp in? oh uh...yeah well, abyssea is not the new xp area if that's where you were going earlier.

/sigh why do i waste my breath with you.

I didn't say the abyssea gear is trash, I said the point gear are trash in the sense they are mainly alternate gear to existing one (limbus etc), and by alternate I mean slight downgrades. What is clear is that all the good gear that really trashes previous gear comes from maxing out efficiency/killing NMs, and crafting stuff out of the drop. It's by no way a "small" event, it's kind of hardcore lol.

based on all your posts, do us all a favor and just quit please, get a life, get laid... I am certain a dumb *** like you has never smelled or felt the feeling of pussy.

Feels good man.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 17:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
pot/kettle/black to you? if she is dumb you are just as dumb
Lol, this coming from you.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 18:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah well, bummer, when did Krizz start flamnig on me again?
I don't recall having any /rages with him on the past, not sure why he's so /dislike now.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-22 18:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
the point gear isn't trash either :/ look it up if you haven't.

and it's also not alternative gear to existing ones, it has quite replaced some of the good gear... You seriously need to check the update more clearly.

from a DD standpoint, its not better than current max haste setups for sam and war. for war its even crappier with the new haste+2 body and haste+4 hands. new set gives 13% haste. turban,byakko,dusk setup gives 15~16% haste.

from a non haste standpoint they are very similar. the new set does give more attack, but the loss of attack gain doesnt benefit from the loss of haste lol.

i cant speak for mage jobs tho =x
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 18:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't saying wear the whole set...some pieces can replace others for some players. I think new gears are way better and more impressive release than the AN crap for WoTg. Pretty easy to get, the points one, it's all about accumulating points and eventually getting it. nothing hard right there.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 18:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah.... that set is not good for war and sam
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-06-22 18:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK and DRG can't benefit from that set as much either. Turban+Homam Hands/Legs/Feet+Blitz still gets 14%~15%. However, they're decent for those who don't have that specific set yet.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 18:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

exacly what I was trying to say, the new gear is more/easier options for players that don't have old gear, not many things got outdated.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-22 18:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
I feel sorry for full salvage people.....
read my posts idiot, I as a thf still need salvage gear, it is still best thing, WHY? because I always wanted them. No ***! salvage gear is not obsolete... you think skadi legs mdk tp had acp thf body is obsolsete? peolpe still want ares I bet, does other gear have refresh like it? idle set for pld?

this is new gear you stay with old ffxi before messing with new, all I need is to finish salvage... I am missing a few parts ; ;.

True... Salvage gear isnt obsolete..yet...but how many ppl are gonna pay out 16-17 mil to upgrade it when theres stuff just as good and prolly less gil. Idk...I'd imagine more to come with the rest of the updates too.
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-06-22 18:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all gonna depend on if SE views the effort put fort in creating a relic/mythic along the same lines of creating an entire salvage set.

Many people I speak to swear up and down that TOTM salvage upgrades are around the corner. I'm not all that sure though. That would discourage players from actually trying the new content and moving on.

Seraph.Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-22 18:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paulus said:
It's all gonna depend on if SE views the effort put fort in creating a relic/mythic along the same lines of creating an entire salvage set.

Many people I speak to swear up and down that TOTM salvage upgrades are around the corner. I'm not all that sure though. That would discourage players from actually trying the new content and moving on.

It'd be nice to see some ToTM stuff for gear other than weapons...whether it be salvage armor or otherwise.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 18:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paulus said:

I would actually be pretty upset if relic-weps got outdated, you know that implyes other things right? like the death of dynamis for once? first, getting the currency to sell will be impossible maybe? and if it sells probably really *** cheap, will it make enough 500k? and if relic weps die probably some dynamis gear does too. Probably only see people going for thief hands... but I doubt SE is this ridiculously stupid and will do this. so Relic weps can't be outdated for the sake of the balance in this game.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-22 18:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:

I would actually be pretty upset if relic-weps got outdated, you know that implyes other things right? like the death of dynamis for once? first, getting the currency to sell will be impossible maybe? and if it sells probably really *** cheap, will it make enough 500k? and if relic weps die probably some dynamis gear does too. Probably only see people going for thief hands... but I doubt SE is this ridiculously stupid and will do this. so Relic weps can't be outdated for the sake of the balance in this game.

Ya relic weapons I can see being "updated" as they already are with ToTM...just how far tho is anyone's guess.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 19:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I can see ways SE can kill relic weps and dynamis keeping the game alive, considering you can low man dynamis on bigger levels like 99, and get xarc raped, but that would take mad knowledge and well... 500k. pretty expensive to shoot for thief hands.

it would still be a bummer, dynamis was one of the first endgame I started doing and I really like doing it at some extent.
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 19:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I still need gear from dyna....I don't want it nuked ; ; and yea relic weapons are upgraded so...yea
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-06-23 04:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paulus said:

The difference between Salvage and the new content is that Salvage isn't for everyone- it requires intense dedication to build Salvage gear in comparison to what's being offered now.

Simply put, upgrading Salvage gear through ToTM wouldn't drive people away from Abyssea/WoK as some of the new gear will keep people of all circles interested.