Obsolete Gear And Gear Still The Best?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » obsolete gear and gear still the best?
obsolete gear and gear still the best?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-22 03:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ebody still rocks unless you dont need the accuracy from it then rock the 2% new haste body
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 03:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Auric Dagger Twashtar. Have to search for the trial ones
still doesnt take Blau off the map, can always off-hand.
Or you could just use both the ones I listed... or the high dmg OAT trial dagger or some other new trial I'll look up in a sec. THere were some other daggers that looked better than blau too but they weren't no where near as good as these 2

List the other daggers dasva, may be create a long list of them. I am being lazy, I am finishing my 2 dakini then I will move on to finish my other trials then pick up on these guys. :D
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 03:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Roxanna said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Or you could just use both the ones I listed... or the high dmg OAT trial dagger or some other new trial I'll look up in a sec

It doesn't work for her as it mean she has to get a party and not hit the AH. Swift belt is a challenge to her.

Wow, you're really being a jerk.

I'm seriously going to report this ***, seriously, I already told him to tone the *** down on posts because this is all important.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-22 03:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Pchan, expect nothing less. His informative posts are great but his normal ones are what you've seen in this thread lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-22 03:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Or you could just use both the ones I listed... or the high dmg OAT trial dagger or some other new trial I'll look up in a sec. THere were some other daggers that looked better than blau too but they weren't no where near as good as these 2
List the other daggers dasva, may be create a long list of them. I am being lazy, I am finishing my 2 dakini then I will move on to finish my other trials then pick up on these guys. :D
Trial ones aren't up so I have to SS them takes a bit longer going thru all the trials lol. But here are some promising ones. Not gunna bother listing all the dakini path ones as the stats continue to mirror each other depending on element. Oh and if it follows that -def should be 15%

Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-22 03:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg Das is a taru!!! Sends the galkas in :P
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 03:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
It's Pchan, expect nothing less. His informative posts are great but his normal ones are what you've seen in this thread lol.

what informative posts? have you realized that all he says is elitist ***? all he talks about is gear, I don't see any essential information on how that gear affects what.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 03:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

@Desvas

Thanks, I see now how blau did get owned, still blau is one of the bests for now talking AH wise, while you work your way to those trial daggers.
 Cerberus.Arkhana
Server: Cerberus
user: Arkhana
By Cerberus.Arkhana 2010-06-22 03:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure you guys have been the first ones to complain about all those lame updates that introduced useless gear, and complain again when there's good stuff to come :p

The fact some items can be replaced by better ones don't make you OBSOLETE, it makes you able to evolve to something new and better !

After a few unlucky years hunting limbus, i'm still looking foward to getting homam, i don't really care so much if there's something omgmuchbetter i could have !

Just relax guys, you don't even know hard it's going to be to get that new stuff... Knowing SE, there's a good chance that this belt drops from creepy 72-hrs HNM that has a 1% drop rate... hahaha So don't toss your v.belt just now :P
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 03:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

who's complainingthis update introduced useless gear? if anything we're shitting our pants here looking at the new items.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 03:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Teal armor is easy to get

The armor that replaces skadi is easy to get

Same with the gear replacing Usu...

Just kill a ***load of mobs...at 80pts each...you need like 3k pts for each item..

Conclusion? This armor is 100x easier to get than salvage gear
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 03:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so these dakini paths mirror each other, so there is a attack and acc one like this? I started working on my dakini's and will have both done. Then I'll have to get them upgraded and to not forget about getting the new dagger and other weapons >:.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 03:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Just kill a ***load of mobs...at 80pts each...you need like 3k pts for each item..

Conclusion? This armor is 100x easier to get than salvage gear

oui
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-22 03:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Conclusion? This armor is 1,000,000x easier to get than salvage gear
Fixed for accuracy
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-22 03:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Fixed for accuracy

and doesnt cost you millions worth of ores to upgrade
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 03:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Fixed for accuracy
I'd still want to complete skadi though.

atm I am working on getting monk to 75, and fixing my sub jobs where they need to be. The other thing is working on my magian trial weapons.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 04:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Fixed for accuracy

atm I am working on getting monk to 75, and fixing my sub jobs where they need to be. The other thing is working on my magian trial weapons.

Well, you can work on skadi lol no one will stop you, I just don't want to waste my time now that I've finally caught up
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 04:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Fixed for accuracy

Well, you can work on skadi lol no one will stop you, I just don't want to waste my time now that I've finally caught up

perfectionist... I always wanted skadi I will get this gear probably before it, and do echo's but still..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-22 04:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Skadi legs still look like win really. Though I haven't checked the legs on here yet.

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
so these dakini paths mirror each other, so there is a attack and acc one like this? I started working on my dakini's and will have both done. Then I'll have to get them upgraded and to not forget about getting the new dagger and other weapons >:.
I SSd the attack one lol. But yes there is a dex/acc one with same numbers. And evasion one.

And -evasion/attack etc like the -def one I showed
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 04:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Skadi legs still look like win really. Though I haven't checked the legs on here yet.

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
I SSd the attack one lol. But yes there is a dex/acc one with same numbers. And evasion one.

And -evasion/attack etc like the -def one I showed
going to have fun then.... I will work on those when I can, and also get the other daggers.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 04:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
All this stuff is overwhelming and wiki doesn't have a complete list yet. Does anyone have a link to a list with just the stuff that was added in this update? I really want to look through all the new gear so I can decide what I want to get.
uhm...theres a button on the mage page of this site that says NEW ITEMS....kinda hard to miss..
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-22 04:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rage!!! need more inv space or for sachet not to be sold out all the time when I try to get it
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-22 04:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
All this stuff is overwhelming and wiki doesn't have a complete list yet. Does anyone have a link to a list with just the stuff that was added in this update? I really want to look through all the new gear so I can decide what I want to get.
uhm...theres a button on the mage page of this site that says NEW ITEMS....kinda hard to miss..

on the left beneath Donations in blue font
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-22 04:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Ok Dubont, I get it - you don't like me.

Ps. Thanks for the link, I did miss it.
They do that ever update. And scragg (admin) made a thread about it...
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 04:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I r new to site. Who iz diz "Scragg" u talk bout?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-22 04:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
I r new to site. Who iz diz "Scragg" u talk bout?
Just the coolest guy ever. His name is even red as is the the threads he makes!!!
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 04:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Legs] All Races
DEF:28 Accuracy+4 Attack+5 Ranged Accuracy+4 Ranged Attack+5 "Store TP"+7 Haste+2% Set: Increases rate of critical hits
LV 75 THF BST RNG COR
skadi legs

Vs

ocelot
[Legs] All Races
DEF:23 Accuracy+6 Evasion+10 Haste+4% Enmity+6
LV 79 MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC

we can see the winner here. If thf had enough store tp to make a difference or a trait where it would make skadi legs more needed, it would depend on your build.

You could go with skadi legs or ocelot depending on where the hell the stp is coming from with skadi legs added. Like lets pretended the dagger dasva showed us had 10 stp instead of subtle blow...

what about skadi body...?

75-80 is end game 75+ is end game.

Homam set > Skadi set> Ocelot set, these all have uses. I doubt the set could completely replace everything about each other.

What would you cast in homam legs no? what would you DE/EVIS in skadi body! Tping is different though only saw two ocelot parts, so not much to say.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-22 04:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:

what informative posts? have you realized that all he says is elitist ***? all he talks about is gear, I don't see any essential information on how that gear affects what.
Ignore drac too he is a retard who thinks he is cool and awesome because he astral burned all jobs to 75, he has no life.
[+]