Adjustments Of The Job Persuasion!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Adjustments of the Job Persuasion!
Adjustments of the Job Persuasion!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-18 09:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
PLD just got sexy'er'er

Damn native phalanx awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

I wholeheartedly agree, along with the acc you get with get with cures. This makes me VERY happy too ;)
[+]
 Cerberus.Lilla
Server: Cerberus
user: Lilla
By Cerberus.Lilla 2010-06-18 09:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should have given BLM'S that "Mimic" ability as a spell as compensation for what those birds did to kick BLM's from party. invites. A spell with a duration time. THEY OWE US! could you imagine BLM's back in bird camps volleying spells like that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-18 12:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lalo said:
War/dnc tanking with axe and shield that hmm.... the possibilities or having that as pld90/war45
If I am reading that right it would seem to me they are meaning just the main slot, i.e. just an axe, no shield.

Makes sense to me more considering how fencing is done.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-18 13:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Techlife said:
"- The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter."

WTF SE i want it for thf >_>

I was pissed here, people have asked for it for thf way longer than dancer. Why not give it to both? they gave them thf dancing edge this sucks. they do not want thf to change sub jobs /nin is all it is.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-18 13:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Alriath said:
I can't believe we(sams)don't get conserve TP or tactical parry.

Also think giving other jobs Dual Wield natively is wack, the rest of the updates look great.

Massive sam nerf incoming.

Based on the past games thf should have had it native a long time ago.
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-18 13:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lilla said:
SE should have given BLM'S that "Mimic" ability as a spell as compensation for what those birds did to kick BLM's from party. invites. A spell with a duration time. THEY OWE US! could you imagine BLM's back in bird camps volleying spells like that.

This would actually be AWESOME. Probably would never happen though.
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-06-18 17:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
Aisha actully isn't a native jp word, and it means lively in Arabic. anyway I think it restores some portion of HP or could be a raise spell?
Er, it's a made-up Japanese word, as far as I can tell. From JP POL site:

哀車の術:壱
"Technique of Aisha: Ichi"

When Japanese incorporate foreign words, they typically write the words with katana*; that SE uses kanji instead means it's supposed to be Japanese.

(Well, a loan word wouldn't be in kanji unless the word is borrowed from Chinese--but it isn't, unless SE is somehow referencing the Taiwanese abbreviation for Alfa Romeo. >_>; On a funny note, yes, Alfa Romeo is abbreviated to "sad car" in Taiwan, apparently. Perhaps it's hint at the brand's reliability?)

In any case, seems highly unlikely any Arabic is involved. (Not that I'd mind, but it would seem a tad weird.)

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Have a BLM Grav->T4 MNKs to force HF, then sleep them. No longer dangerous.
Depending on the group, it's actually faster to just let the melees trigger it, then stun and sleep as everyone turns around on SP (then switch to a new target).

Hundred Fists has a long start up time, so is easy to deal with as long as people are paying attention (i.e not auto-attacking while semi-AFK or watching TV).

By Exceter 2010-06-18 17:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If dnc gets Dual Wield @ 20 wouldn't that mean we could /dnc and have dual wield?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-18 17:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Exceter said:
If dnc gets Dual Wield @ 20 wouldn't that mean we could /dnc and have dual wield?
Probably. Though it will scale differently than /nin. So depending on lvl you would still probably attack faster /nin
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-18 17:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Exceter said:

Well this does not matter. people have been asking for dual wield on thf for years. It would help bring them up there again. But SE does not want to think outside the box, yes I can dual dancer. now. In meripo this means ***to a thf who has not gotten parties since the meripo updates.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-18 17:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Exceter said:
Probably. Though it will scale differently than /nin. So depending on lvl you would still probably attack faster /nin

"The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter."

Im guessing dual wield I at lvl 20, II @ 35, III @ 55, IV @ 75/80. A little offset from ninja but give or take, you get the idea. And given the lower delay on daggers you MIGHT actually see dnc attacking faster...combined with full haste samba merits ya never know.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-18 17:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dnc attack faster yes. I meant that random job say thf will attack faster /nin than /dnc
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-18 17:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Dnc attack faster yes. I meant that random job say thf will attack faster /nin than /dnc

Ahhh...gotcha.

In other news...thf/dnc is gonna be even better for those of us who farm a fair ammount. Dual wield, triple attack and haste/drain samba's make me happy in da pants. Does anyone know/guess how Despoil is gonna work? Is it going to be a steal ability separate from our existing steal ability..ie: will we have two chances to steal in 5 min?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-06-18 19:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think WHM got the best, hidden, buff of all. With every DD begging event leaders to let them sub /SAM now--for that sexy Hasso/Med/SexyNookie combo--someone is going to have to heal all those HPs, and mass healers are going to be so popular... :p

The price on shihei might drop a bit, too, with everyone coming /SAM. RR items might go up in price, also... :p
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-06-19 08:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalanx on Alex has already started to go through the roof. Unfortunately, i didn't get my RDM up there for it in time b4 realizing ppl were going to do that. oh well. guess i can do the BCNM it drops in and hope for the best. currently 250k now. other nice thing about /dnc is access to a higher curing waltz than II.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-19 08:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
I think WHM got the best, hidden, buff of all. With every DD begging event leaders to let them sub /SAM now--for that sexy Hasso/Med/SexyNookie combo--someone is going to have to heal all those HPs, and mass healers are going to be so popular... :p

The price on shihei might drop a bit, too, with everyone coming /SAM. RR items might go up in price, also... :p

Everybody should allready be going \sam D:
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-19 08:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

why are so many people praising seki? idk bout other sam but that ja is at best an opening 2 ws when u have been idle for a while/ start of a boss etc..it does nothing at all in general combat situations. Someone can please enlighten me?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-19 08:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
why are so many people praising seki? idk bout other sam but that ja is at best an opening 2 ws when u have been idle for a while/ start of a boss etc..it does nothing at all in general combat situations. Someone can please enlighten me?
It basically lets every other DD in the game solo-SC? Sure, maybe only every five minutes, but it helps level the playing field between SAM vs (DD)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-19 08:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo skillchain is nice, but it's not like it's what makes Samurai a great DD.
Like, Raging rush -> raging rush -> Fragmentation, that's a good boost in dmg.

Edit: But I see no reason to whine about this at all. Samurai is still prolly gonna be dd-king >_>
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-19 09:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Edit: But I see no reason to whine about this at all. Samurai is still prolly gonna be dd-king >_>
It depends on these new ws's and war & drgs new jas/jts but the way it is looking sam will soon be replace by another dd as "most popular dd".
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-19 09:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

It depends on these new ws's and war & drgs new jas/jts but the way it is looking sam will soon be replace by another dd as "most popular dd".

My money is on SAM beeing the best DD still, specially concidering the avarage gear.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-19 09:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Samurai is still prolly gonna be dd-king >_>

And you know this :p

Sekkanoki is not game breaking in any way shape or form -.- If you take the time to save up to 200TP when you could have used at 100TP then you're doing it wrong. Of course I know someone will say but that's not possible all of the time but let's presume we know about those situations already \o/

Interested to know what SAM WS will be like with the new job triat and ability!
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-19 09:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoever thought sam was the best DD to begin with needs to leave pink birds and look at a parse. Monk/war has always beaten samurai hands down for the past 8 years that monk as been out. Warrior/sam also beats samurai in a parse if you are well geared.

Edit; The people who find samurai to out DD everything else in end game are probably the people who do events with tards that don't buff their melee. This would in turn favor samurai due to the Pdif bonus on gekko.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-19 09:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, well geared MNK are notoriously difficult to keep up with on SAM bar birdies.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-19 09:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Whoever thought sam was the best DD to begin with needs to leave pink birds and look at a parse. Monk/war has always beaten samurai hands down for the past 8 years that monk as been out. Warrior/sam also beats samurai in a parse if you are well geared.
I don't know about that it would really depend on the gear, mob, and buffs. Like for hnms with high def/eva I doubt a good mnk/war would be able to out parse a good sam/war since the mnk would be using a sub-par 1 hit ws and the sam would be using a great one but for lesser things i could see a mnk beating a sam.

And as for a good war/sam beating a sam this weighs on gear significantly. The way i see it is a base war with ah gear will be worse than a base sam with ah gear but a pimp war will beat a pimp sam. So i guess that makes war the onion knights of ffxi xD.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-19 09:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:

Edit; The people who find samurai to out DD everything else in end game are probably the people who do events with tards that don't buff their melee. This would in turn favor samurai due to the Pdif bonus on gekko.

Concidering avarage gear etc etc SAM is the most reliable over-all best DD.
Gimp SAM -> gimp anything else.

Allso: Kaiten have no Pdif bonus so buffs are just as important on SAM! :P
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-19 09:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Whoever thought sam was the best DD to begin with needs to leave pink birds and look at a parse. Monk/war has always beaten samurai hands down for the past 8 years that monk as been out. Warrior/sam also beats samurai in a parse if you are well geared. Edit; The people who find samurai to out DD everything else in end game are probably the people who do events with tards that don't buff their melee. This would in turn favor samurai due to the Pdif bonus on gekko.
Concidering avarage gear etc etc SAM is the most reliable over-all best DD. Gimp SAM -> gimp anything else. Allso: Kaiten have no Pdif bonus so buffs are just as important on SAM! :P

I guess samurai is pretty retard friendly. However given the volume of them with relics on this server that still use ace's helm instead of turban when TPing its obvious that its not 100% retard proof. The point about kaiten is moot, if you need the pdif bonus the player should be using gekko not kaiten. You should be stacking STR as well on that ws and not attack because it has an STR mod. The pdif cap is achievable with buffs on most end game mobs -hnm and therefore there really is no reason to gear for it unless you plan on fighting without any buffs. Its really tiring to listen to people say that relic WSs function heavily on attack. They are the same as any other WS and subject to the same damage equations. Anyone who knows anything will know that FSTR is the hardest part of that equation to reach the cap on, even on merit mobs.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14